PDA

View Full Version : Albion Swords: How modern copies of medieval swords are made

Dagna
Saturday, February 7th, 2009, 05:05 AM
How modern copies of medieval swords are made.

cTg0Oc0mQy4

Dreyrithoka
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009, 01:50 AM
That made me feel physically sick.

Jonathan Eells
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009, 03:36 AM
Why do you feel sick watching that?

That made me feel physically sick.

Eoppoyz
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
It would be really cool to learn to made these swords. It would be really cool to have that as a occupation. "What's your occupation?" "My occupation is to made medieval swords." How cool is that? :D.

TeutonicMensch
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
I think the reason behind it nearly making him sick is that if people want to see how a sword is made, likely, they dont want to know how a lack-lustre replica is made with modern tools and techniques.

Sword-making, true to the techniques and process used to create a functional sword is painstaking, and can take many days, sometimes even weeks depending upon how far into the process the sword-maker wishes to go.

One must understand that some, wishing to be true to the entirety of the sword start from gathering the ores needed, and proceed from there. Others, either for the sake of time, or other reasons, will simply start from an already processed steel.

Suffice to say that this show in no way pays proper homage to the art of sword-making.

-James