PDA

View Full Version : Fenrir: Another Current in the Kozmic Sea

Siegfried
Friday, May 7th, 2004, 12:33 PM
"As the Christian view of the world loses its authority, the more menacingly will the 'blonde beast' be heard prowling about in its underground prison, ready at any moment to burst out with devastating consequences." -Carl G. Jung

"I call again on the dark hidden gods of the blood." -Jim Morrison

http://www.galacticapublishing.com/archive/2003/solstice/images/terra_incognita/fenrir_bound.jpg

Fenrir: Another Current in the Kozmic Sea (http://www.galacticapublishing.com/archive/2003/solstice/ti_fenrir.php)

Oskorei
Wednesday, May 19th, 2004, 03:05 PM
"As the Christian view of the world loses its authority, the more menacingly will the 'blonde beast' be heard prowling about in its underground prison, ready at any moment to burst out with devastating consequences." -Carl G. Jung

"I call again on the dark hidden gods of the blood." -Jim Morrison

http://galacticapublishing.com/images/terra_incognita/fenrir_bound.jpg

Fenrir: Another Current in the Kozmic Sea (http://galacticapublishing.com/ti_fenrir.php)
Great article, and the best picture of Fenrir I've seen ever.

It demonstrates clearly that Asatru is not dualist like Semitic religion, and that it is cyclical in its timeview like Hinduism, and unlike Semitic linear religion. Our Civilization is practically dead, it is time for Fenrir to break the bonds so that something new can be born. :evil

What would be your view on immigration and Zionism in an Asatru perspective by the way?

Siegfried
Wednesday, May 19th, 2004, 03:44 PM
What would be your view on immigration and Zionism in an Asatru perspective by the way?

I don't think there are many real (neo)pagans who believe in the Gods as actual, personal beings with a physical existence. IMHO, the Gods should be approached as archetypes of our soul and (impersonal) Cosmic forces. As the soul is intrinsically tied up with our cultural, racial, and spiritual heritage, so are our archetypes/conceptions of the Cosmic forces. Different peoples and races have a different 'world-feeling'. Immigration and miscegenation lead to spiritual confusion, because of conflicting perceptions.
As for Zionism; the Judaic perception of the world is so contradictory to the European, that a rise in Judaic power is necessarily a threat to us.

Oskorei
Thursday, May 20th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I don't think there are many real (neo)pagans who believe in the Gods as actual, personal beings with a physical existence. IMHO, the Gods should be approached as archetypes of our soul and (impersonal) Cosmic forces.
I am uncertain about this. They may also be represented by intelligent, acausal entities.

As the soul is intrinsically tied up with our cultural, racial, and spiritual heritage, so are our archetypes/conceptions of the Cosmic forces. Different peoples and races have a different 'world-feeling'. Immigration and miscegenation lead to spiritual confusion, because of conflicting perceptions.
As for Zionism; the Judaic perception of the world is so contradictory to the European, that a rise in Judaic power is necessarily a threat to us.
I think I agree. Both Zionism and immigration are totally alien to our symbol-world, and they are only possible at the end of an Aeon, when we are very confused already.

NormanBlood
Tuesday, June 1st, 2004, 09:35 PM
Though I understand WHY this reference to Fenris is made in concern to the liberation of our people from a thousand years of a oppression..I don't necessarily agree with it. I don't think what Fenris represents really represents the Germanic people "breaking free" as Fenris does at Ragnarok..unless you take it deeper and bring in another whole slew of representations.

As for the AEsir, the AEsir to me are within our blood and within our mindset as folk of Germanic blood. I think this affects our "world view". They are to a certain extent "metaphors" but ina way beyond that.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Tuesday, June 1st, 2004, 10:47 PM
Though I understand WHY this reference to Fenris is made in concern to the liberation of our people from a thousand years of a oppression..I don't necessarily agree with it. I don't think what Fenris represents really represents the Germanic people "breaking free" as Fenris does at Ragnarok..unless you take it deeper and bring in another whole slew of representations.

As for the AEsir, the AEsir to me are within our blood and within our mindset as folk of Germanic blood. I think this affects our "world view". They are to a certain extent "metaphors" but ina way beyond that.
Aye! ;) Good job!

Oskorei
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2004, 07:00 PM

I did not mean that Fenris represents the Germanics breaking free, I meant that the present cycle or civilization has run its course and emptied its possibilities. It is now sterile and dead, ripe for destruction. The longer it lasts, the more harm to what is still good and alive (the genes primarily).

Asatro was not really as dualist as Christianity, the Aesir often cooperated and married the Giants, so in a way we have them in our blood as well. I am very uncertain on this however since I just recently started thinking about this.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Sunday, June 3rd, 2018, 09:33 AM
I don't believe of Fenrir or Fenris as having any more symbolic meaning than wolves do in general, as fearsome and vicious, untamed beasts. I know that the Greeks have a three-headed dog (Cerberus) guarding Hades, but I don't think there's any over-arching Indo-European ideological schematic about that.

Uwe Jens Lornsen
Sunday, June 3rd, 2018, 10:19 AM
The Fenrir Wolf is the Astronomical Constellation 'Pisces' .
Tyr's Hand are the bright stars of the astronomical constellation 'Aries' .

The wolf is grayish camouflaged, seldom visibly.

Can someone spot the Wolf's Head :
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/PiscesCC.jpg
I can spot also 'Hornur' with his 'Mistelzweig' above 'Balder' as 'Aquarius' .

In the Greek Mythology the Pisces are 'Zeus' and one can clearly
see 'Athena' as 'Aries' jumping out of the cleaved head of Zeus.

Fire spirit
Monday, December 10th, 2018, 06:59 AM
The Fenrir Wolf is the Astronomical Constellation 'Pisces' .
Tyr's Hand are the bright stars of the astronomical constellation 'Aries' .

The wolf is grayish camouflaged, seldom visibly.

Can someone spot the Wolf's Head :
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/PiscesCC.jpg
I can spot also 'Hornur' with his 'Mistelzweig' above 'Balder' as 'Aquarius' .

In the Greek Mythology the Pisces are 'Zeus' and one can clearly
see 'Athena' as 'Aries' jumping out of the cleaved head of Zeus.

Yes well to be honest sort of (I'm not very good at seeing vivid pictures in stars). I've always regarded Fenrir as a cosmic wolf anyway who represents powerful changes, not evil.