PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do If Your Son Or Daughter Turned Out To Be Gay?

Deary
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 06:17 AM
What would you do if your son or daughter turned out to be gay and why? How would you feel, how would you treat them, how do you think it would affect the rest of the family, and how does that relate to your views on homosexuality? Try not to go too far off-topic, please.

SwordOfTheVistula
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Depends on age. If just a kid going through a phase, try to set them straight (pun unavoidable). If adult, nothing much you can do, so no longer 'in the family'.

Zauberspruch
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Fortunately 4 out of 4 are straight ... but if any one was not straight I'd do the same as I would do if they were convicted of a felony, if they brought home a sub Saharan, or if they joined a cult. I'd love them, but I could not love what they were doing. I'd let them know that I care, and that it's their choice, but don't bring the boyfriend home and be safe and careful while you are away. I'd offer to pay for counseling.

How would I feel knowing my son was being penetrated by another guy? I'd be repulsed but I'd try not to dwell on it. I'd treat them as I had always treated them for I would never want to lose them as a son. The rest of the family would likely do the same.

As for my feelings, well, I guess that's why they had pink stars in the KZ's for the "warme Gebrueder" ... My feelings are that homosexuality is a mental disorder that like most can be treated as long as the person with the illness wants to be cured.

All of us are aberrant in some way. Some abberrations are innocuous and others are really f*cked up ... homostuff is pretty f*cked up (pardon the pun), IMO.

In a free society everyone is free to make bad choices.

Nachtengel
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 10:26 AM
First, I think we have enough "what would you do if" and homosexuality threads.

Second, I'd have a talk to him and figure out if he's really gay. If he's not just going through a phase or he's bisexual. If it turns out he's gay, I would support him and prepare him to cope with the changes he's going to have to go through.

Hrodnand
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 10:50 AM
First, that would not happen, for I think I would be good enough as a parent to give a such a healthy education to my children which would exclude the appearance of such abnormalities.
Second, I think that our family and genetic line is good enough and such things wouldn´t occur.

forkbeard
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 11:44 AM
It's quite possible that pollution can be responsible for homosexuality. In Britain 1% of the population was classified as gay. This rose to 10% in London. Now the thing with London water is that it is all recycled. It is commonly claimed that a glass of water from London has already passed through six peoples kidneys. This includes women on the pill. The female hormones, pthalates present in pesticides, plastic and oils can "gender bend" and deform male genitals in the foetus. I've even heard Budweiser beer can warp a male. The genetic modification and storage in plastic dissolving out pthalates, which are female hormone, imitators.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg18625023.300
What I'm getting at is that once someone who thinks they are gay understands they have been poisoned, they can then then correct themselves. Fasting, fresh water, exercise, eating organic food must help. They can also be annoyed that they have had their sexuality warped and chances of family life and descendents attacked.

Psychonaut
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM
It's quite possible that pollution can be responsible for homosexuality.

:-O Do you seriously believe that? I've heard some crazy stuff in my time, but that takes the cake.

Hersir
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 02:16 PM
:-O Do you seriously believe that? I've heard some crazy stuff in my time, but that takes the cake.

Various studies are indicating that unregulated chemicals released into the environment are causing male animals and humans to take on feminine characteristics.

Thousands of chemicals released into the environment are interfering with animal and human endocrine systems. These chemicals, nicknamed “gender-benders,” are causing the males in many species to become feminized.

In British lowland rivers, 50 percent of male fish were found to be growing eggs in their testes. Hermaphrodite polar bears have also been born.

Since all vertebrates have similar sex hormone receptors, the feminization of other animals could indicate a similar pattern in humans.

Kilde: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/01/01/males-of-all-species-are-becoming-more-female.aspx

Pino
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
physically removed from the house and dis-owned.

Gorm the Old
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 06:17 PM
That would prove indisputably that you never loved that son or daughter.

Renwein
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 06:26 PM
nothing.

Deary
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
First, I think we have enough "what would you do if" and homosexuality threads.

As far as I'm aware, there wasn't one on this particular subject. I opened it for my sake since I plan on being a parent someday and don't yet know what I would do in the situation. A little courtesy, however, would be appreciated. There was no need for this comment, especially since you've decided to contribute to the thread.

CrimWheat
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't do anything. Obviously no parent truly wants homosexual children, considering the spreading of one's genes is the root purpose of reproduction. However, humans aren't so coldly rational that they could eject a family member merely because he lacks biological value. Nature has furnished us with an emotional wealth that serves the species as a general rule but in certain cases is superfluous.

A parent lacking the above emotions and attachments would also lack them in such cases as the child was of biological value, and therefore would be himself a natural deviant.

Æmeric
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 07:48 PM
What Would You Do If Your Son Or Daughter Turned Out To Be Gay?

I don't know, that is one of those situations you would have to experience firsthand to understand how you would actually respond & not a hypothetical "what would you you do? scenerio. However I think there are some preventive measures that can be taken, such as having strong traditional role models in the parents. And realizing that all of the current "Gay is Cool" propaganda is nonsense.

It's quite possible that pollution can be responsible for homosexuality. In Britain 1% of the population was classified as gay. This rose to 10% in London. Now the thing with London water is that it is all recycled. It is commonly claimed that a glass of water from London has already passed through six peoples kidneys. This includes women on the pill. The female hormones, pthalates present in pesticides, plastic and oils can "gender bend" and deform male genitals in the foetus. I've even heard Budweiser beer can warp a male. The genetic modification and storage in plastic dissolving out pthalates, which are female hormone, imitators.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg18625023.300
What I'm getting at is that once someone who thinks they are gay understands they have been poisoned, they can then then correct themselves. Fasting, fresh water, exercise, eating organic food must help. They can also be annoyed that they have had their sexuality warped and chances of family life and descendents attacked.

It likely that much of Britain's gay & lesbian population gravitates toward London in the same way the cluster in cetain metropolises in the US - San Francisco, New York, West Hollywood etc...

You may be on to something about polution & other enviromental factors. I'm not sure if the amount of excess estrogen passed into the enviroment via birth control pills would be enough to have an effect on the general population. But there are chemicals that mimic estrogen that have poluted the enviroment & have been blamed for reducing male sperm counts. Phytoestrogen which occurs in soybeans may also have an effect. I'm not sure how much soy Europeans consume but in the US soy in a big a part of the food chain. It is a common feed for livestock & is feed to dairy cattle & egglaying hens in addition to extensive use as a food additive. Soy has been used for 1,000s of years in East Asia & East Asian men are not known for their masculinity. There is also the growth-hormone shots given to livestock to speed up growth & to increase milk production, all which may play havoc on the populace. Children in the US are starting puberty much earlier then 50-years ago, so it does have a physical effect on the population. Does it increase the number of gay people? It's something that should be looked into.

Grimm
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Whilst I was ready to say it would be fine with me, it may actually be that it would take some getting used to. To see an offspring showing pda's or having lovers' spats with one of his/her own gender would be a strange sight indeed.

Loddfafner
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
What not to do: kick the offspring out. More likely than not the need for survival and the need to numb the pain of rejection by their own parents will lead them into the trap of drugs and prostitution.

What to do: make sure they know how to stay safe and find other ways to contribute to their community.

Haereticus
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 08:51 PM
If it was my daughter I'd be a bit sad, but philosophical, these things happen.

I don't want to be offensive to homosexuals, and I have absolutely no animosity towards them. However, If it were my son I'd be very upset. It would be hard to relate to him in quite the same way. I'd be honest with him, and tell him I was sad. I'd explain why. I'd probably have to accept that he would have no children. That would be very sad. I couldn't and wouldn't disown him.

The idea of greeting his 'boyfriend' would be utterly repugnant. That's a very animalistic and base reaction, but that's how I would feel. Like the homosexual I have little control over how I feel. I imagine that, if the 'boyfriend' were significantly older or in a position of authority, I might be inclined to kick the living **** out of him. Call me 'intolerant'. Depending on the circumstances, I think I could intellectualise and keep a grip on my emotions. It would be a terrible blow.

The mainstream media praises homosexuality to the extent that it is, perversely, considered a 'virtue'. I remember seeing a video clip of a homosexual man 'coming out' to his mother. It was supposed to be comedic. It really backfired on the producers of the 'light-hearted' show. The video showed what would probably be a more 'normal' and realistic reaction of a mother or father being faced with this unpalatable revelation. She broke down in tears crying, "No, no, not that". I think the producers expected a reaction like something from one of their TV comedy shows, with her making some witty remark spiced up with a bit of saucy innuendo and a playful pat on the back.

The confessor was left looking at the camera with a disconcerted expression as he tried to console his distraught, still sobbing mother. The positive image of homosexuals, consistently portrayed in the media as funny, creative, intelligent and attractive, trivialises the nature of this condition and its effect on parents of a homosexual.

At the end of the day, I'd have to try to be philosophical about it. I don't believe homosexuals have any choice being afflicted with this condition. I see it as an anomaly of nature like having six toes on one foot... only much worse.

Deary
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I think the problem with not kicking them out or disowning them is, if there are other children in the household, they might be influenced by their gay sibling's condition somehow or might begin to sympathize with the rest of the gay community and support pro-gay policies because one of their family members is gay. I can't say that's something I'd want to take chances with.

Loddfafner
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I think the problem with not kicking them out or disowning them is, if there are other children in the household, they might be influenced by their gay sibling's condition somehow or might begin to sympathize with the rest of the gay community and support pro-gay policies because one of their family members is gay. I can't say that's something I'd want to take chances with.

Then you would run the risk of their associating your political views with gratuitous cruelty at the expense of their own kin.

Haereticus
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 09:31 PM

Happily homosexuality is not contagious :)

Deary
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Happily homosexuality is not contagious :)

Not contagious, but definitely influential. There are a surprising number of youth who have chosen to experiment with homosexuality, mostly girls, on account that it's cool, it gains them attention, or just from their own ignorance. Monkey see, monkey do. I've also noticed a number of perfectly straight women and men seek members of their own gender. Nowadays, homosexuality isn't just a condition limited to a few. It's a choice, available to everyone. That's not what I'd want to see of my children.

Pino
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 09:40 PM
That would prove indisputably that you never loved that son or daughter.

how is that?

Haereticus
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Not contagious, but definitely influential...

I know, I was being slightly facetious. I take your point about the potential bad influence, but I couldn't throw my son out of the house. I'd certainly have words if he was being 'overtly gay'. There is a limit.

Anyway, God forbid!

Sigurd
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 10:06 PM
If they were teenagers at the time, then most likely I would "do nothing", and much to their disbelief tell them that it was likely a phase that they were going through. I would tell them to go to their room and ponder about the whole matter and come back some days later, upon observing their own behaviour, to ask themselves whether they are indeed homosexual, or just have bisexual leanings.

If they find out that they were bisexual, then I would advice them that it was still in the best interest if they founded a normal heterosexual family, pointing out to them that there were possible ways in which they could arrange with their spouse how to take her of their leanings towards also liking people of the same gender. I'd become quite cynical and say - "I've always placed my hope in you, my boy/girl, that you're going to give us a bunch of grandchildren. Don't let us down, will ya?" (:D) I'd then let them go away with my advice again and ponder upon whether they can imagine living in a heterosexual union despite their bisexual leanings.

If they are indeed full-fledged gay, then I would probably tell them the story of a good friend of my mother's. He is homosexual, and in fact always adopts the female part of a relationship --- however, you could not tell that he is gay, and he has himself stated that he believes that his sexual orientation is a matter of his own four walls and not pertinent to the public any more than it would be were he heterosexual. He dresses, acts and talks like a man - except that he prefers men over women. In fact, when my mother started seeing my stepfather, my stepfather was heavily jealous, because he had no idea my mother's friend was gay! He'd only been used to them "Oh, I like boys, so I have to act über-camp at all times" gays. :P

Pointing them at this story, I would make it clear to them that they could believe whatever much they wanted to believe that they were a woman stuck in a man's body or vice-versa - as long as they put their feet under my table, they were treated as whatever their biological gender was, and that my gay son would equally be expected to chuck wood, act gentlemanly to women and fulfil all other male tasks however much he despised them: A man is a man and a woman is a woman, and as far as I am concerned, they should have no "back door" (scuse the pun :rofl) to get out of it.

I suppose I would also make snide remarks. For example at a barbeque, I'd be along the lines of "Son - you want I sausage in a bun? I hear you're quite partial to that, eh?" I have too much of a sarcy streak not to poke at them a little. Much like I'd taunt them in good humour for a whole lot of other things. That's just how I am I am afraid. I can take humour out of the darkest of situations. :D

Either way, I would make it known to them that they were still my child and that I still held them in esteem as a person. However, I would definitely make clear to them that I disapproved of his sexuality, and that there was going to be no pushing of it beyond the reasonable. They'd still be able to turn to me for all types of human advice --- but they wouldn't be pushing their ways to their siblings, or nieces/nephews, as he should IMO hold it as private a matter as anyone else does about their sexuality.

When telling them I suppose that for the beginning I'd instinctively make them feel miserable about it for the first half hour of the conversation to show my heavy disapproval of their ways, and then sit down with them and talk to them in a more reasoned manner. When I was suspended from boarding school for drinking, my father gave me a near enough two-hour lecture about the error of my ways before he said - "Alright, I think you've understood it now. Coming for a pint?" I'm too much like my father in that respect, so I think that my reaction would be somewhat along those lines: First comes the lecture, then the nice guy. ;)

The only circumstance under which I would probably threaten to throw them out is if they participated in the gay pride marches, dressing up all faggy and acting all camp around the rest of the family beyond their characteristic selves, because whatever they do, I'm not going to let them spoil the harmonious family atmosphere. My house, my rules - if you don't like and are old enough to take care of yourself, then leave, boy!

At least one action I wouldn't have to take, presuming that gay marriage and gay adoption are still illegal at the time, would be to disinherit them. If they have no legal spouse and no children then it'd all be back to their siblings anyway, no fuss to be made about that. :shrug

Grimm
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 10:21 PM
How would I feel knowing my son was being penetrated by another guy? I'd be repulsed but I'd try not to dwell on it. .

So what you're saying is if he were the penetrator instead of the penetratee, then it would be ok.;)

harl
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I would be extremely disappointed and would attempt to coax son/daughter to suppress their urges and lead a heterosexual life for the sake of producing progeny and continuing the line. (I would be equally satisfied if son/daughter choose to follow their homosexual urges but also produce offspring either through artificial insemination or surrogacy).

It would also help if son isn't a total fairy or daughter isn't a total butch. What I like to call, "normal gays". :|

So what you're saying is if he were the penetrator instead of the penetratee, then it would be ok.;)

LOL!

Pino
Sunday, January 25th, 2009, 11:40 PM
I think a few of us on here would be like this when confronted by your Son and his latest boyfriend!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f-II284PnJo

Allenson
Monday, January 26th, 2009, 03:11 PM
At the end of the day, I'd have to try to be philosophical about it. I don't believe homosexuals have any choice being afflicted with this condition. I see it as an anomaly of nature like having six toes on one foot... only much worse.

I too am of the belief that homosexuality is an odd twist of biology and that by-and-large, gay people have no more choice in their sexual priorities than do straight folk.

This being said, I still find homosexuality to be a strange endeavour. If a child of mine were to be gay, I would not stop loving them but there would likely be a part of me that would never quite understand, for lack of a better word.

In just thinking about it off of the top of my head, I have a hunch that it would be easier for me to swallow were it to be a daughter that was gay. :doeh

Æmeric
Monday, January 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Soiciety seems more accepting of lesbians then gay men. Even when I attented high school in conservative Mesa, Az. in the late 70s we had lesbians that made no effort to hide their sexuality. They were butch lesbians, they were not popular & kept to themselves but they were there. There were no lesbian beatings, they were just ignored. And of course there was that one butch female P.E. instructor that didn't have a boyfriend & you knew would never marry (this was back before the gay marriage movement) but it was only joked about privately. Gay men on the other hand is another issue entirely.

Siebenbürgerin
Monday, January 26th, 2009, 03:58 PM
First, that would not happen, for I think I would be good enough as a parent to give a such a healthy education to my children which would exclude the appearance of such abnormalities.
Second, I think that our family and genetic line is good enough and such things wouldn´t occur.
That's my view too. My children would be brought up traditionally, with a clear distinction of the things which are acceptable and which aren't. Homosexuality would be on the inacceptable list. They would be brought up to consider it a decadent and shameful attitude, like a crime.

CrimWheat
Monday, January 26th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Soiciety seems more accepting of lesbians then gay men. Even when I attented high school in conservative Mesa, Az. in the late 70s we had lesbians that made no effort to hide their sexuality. They were butch lesbians, they were not popular & kept to themselves but they were there. There were no lesbian beatings, they were just ignored. And of course there was that one butch female P.E. instructor that didn't have a boyfriend & you knew would never marry (this was back before the gay marriage movement) but it was only joked about privately. Gay men on the other hand is another issue entirely.

That's because lesbians arouse men and massage the egos of women. There's no essential difference between gay men and gay women, certainly not 'morally'. Yet time and again I see people try to rationalize anti-gay male pro-gay female sentiment and act as though there reasons aren't thoroughly transparent.

Kriemhild
Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 06:12 PM
That's a tough one. I don't have children, though if I did, I'm sure they'd be raised traditionally and conservatively, and hopefully that would suppress any abnormal sexuality or deviancy. I would never stop loving my child even if he or she ended up being homosexual, and to be honest, it probably wouldn't bother me a whole lot as long as he or she didn't display those stereotypical "flamer" or "butch" tendencies.

Hero von Esens
Wednesday, January 28th, 2009, 08:19 PM
His/her sexual preference should be kept out of the family. I would never be ready to meet any of their boyfriends/girlfriends.

flemish
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 01:25 AM
Which would be worse a homosexual child or a child who grew up to have children with a negro or oriental?

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 02:26 AM
Which would be worse a homosexual child or a child who grew up to have children with a negro or oriental?
The latter of course, because at least the homosexual can't have children and produce or educate more homosexuals. But if he adopts children then both cases are 'worse' in my view because both cases will mean degeneracy for the children growing up.

Huginn ok Muninn
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 05:08 AM
That's my view too. My children would be brought up traditionally, with a clear distinction of the things which are acceptable and which aren't. Homosexuality would be on the inacceptable list. They would be brought up to consider it a decadent and shameful attitude, like a crime.

I agree completely with this. Parents shape their children's attitudes powerfully, especially when love is shown in the teaching. I do not believe that one is "born gay" as the gay agenda asserts. This is an attempt to put them on a level of legitimacy with other races as being something they can not help being. When society accepts this, it legitimizes their behavior as somehow being "normal for them" and in practice has given them the right to be in everyones face about it, and to berate governments to reject the bible and all other normal viewpoints because they teach against their depraved behavior.

Back to the point, people may have strange thoughts from time to time, but it's the choices we make and what we do that defines us. If we from the beginning impress upon our children that certain choices are very deeply wrong, they have a much better chance of making the right ones.

Liemannen
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 06:15 AM
I'm not sure exactly what I would do, but it would be painless.

Oswiu
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure exactly what I would do, but it would be painless.

Are you sure? I mean, did you test the method on rabbits or monkeys beforehand? :P

Haereticus
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 05:29 PM
That's because lesbians arouse men and massage the egos of women. There's no essential difference between gay men and gay women, certainly not 'morally'. Yet time and again I see people try to rationalize anti-gay male pro-gay female sentiment and act as though there reasons aren't thoroughly transparent.

I don't 'try to rationalize' anything of the sort. I have an innate revulsion at male homosexual practices. I don't try to 'rationalise' or 'intellectualise' that feeling any more than I would try to rationalise my revulsion at the sight of blood or excrement.

The aesthetic of lesbianism doesn't repulse me in the same way, quite the opposite. I don't feel the need to apologise or explain this, unless I were to advocate unequal legal or punitive action against either 'group', which I don't.

Walter
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM

I was brought up around the attitudes that you mentioned. Many miserable years were wasted trying to be heterosexual. I generally "Pass" (in the Black sense) very well. A few very nice women got hurt in the process. Thankfully: never legally married. Thankfully: no children!

Finally, I faced up to it. I started to live according to the way that nature made me. I cut all ties with my family. They'd made their views clear in the past. I knew their attitudes.Their reactions would be predictable. There was no reason to continue any sort of relationship with them.

I've created a circle of people who care about me. They're my family now. My birth family? Be well. Be happy. Be gone.

Such is life, I guess.

Gustavus Magnus
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Don't know. Either way, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as if one of them dated, married, or had children with a negroe or an oriental. In that case, I would disown them, and if they lived in the house, kick them out.

A homosexual is pretty much +/- 0. A half caste would be pollution to the race.

Reynard
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Having worked in counselling and therapy I hope I would be open minded about it.

I love my two sons and want only the best for them.

In a way it's a bit like when a wren feels like it has been feeding a cuckoo for 3months but the parental urge is too strong to stop caring.

Your blood is your blood.

Sawyer
Wednesday, August 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM
This could be an interesting discussion, do tell.

renownedwolf
Wednesday, August 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Well if it is purely a cultural thing, I would be ashamed that I had failed to protect it from bad influence, if it is genetic I would be mortified by the dodgy seed of my loins (damn laptop!) I couldn't condone it. I would probably get very mad and disown it, no inheritance for you, whereas I know the missus is weaker in that respect.

I would have to put my foot down in that instance as the patriarch, for the good of the family as it is more often their views that corrupt others, especially children. That is why you plan for other siblings, to 'cover the bases' so to speak.

Huginn ok Muninn
Wednesday, August 8th, 2012, 07:37 PM
_daP1IWY28o

Wulfaz
Wednesday, August 8th, 2012, 08:31 PM
It is quite simply: I never have a homosexual child.

Well, through the embryonal hormonal impacts in the womb can make the brain mannish or womannish. Some male have womannish brain and some female have mannish brain, but it doesn't lead to that the individual will become homosexual. F.e. a woman with mannish brain can like the traditionally mannish things like as the guns, but it is not equal to be lesbian. The womannish females are typically empathic and the mannish males have systhematizer thought, be cause the womannish brain have stronger left hamishpere and the minnish brain have stronger right hemishpere. The extreme mannish brain the Asperger syndromers' and autists' brain without empathy and social sensitivity, but with high intelligence (what can balance their defects in some case).

About this we can see that some people can have different mental constiution to the social gender identity, but it doesn't lead basically that a man with womannish attitudes will become a homosuxal. The contemporary western propaganda suggests that you must go to the Blue Oyster Bar when you realize that you are not equal the classical male ideal.

Thus I am sure that with good upbringing it is avoidable that a womannish male child with softer, girlish attitudes will become a homosexual man as adult. In turn he could be a good partner of a mannish female dominant G.I. Jane, and they could make healthy children.

Well, normally the men's have mannish brain and the women's have womannish brain generally, hence some special couple of G.I Jane and delicate man cannot destroy the society.

Sawyer
Wednesday, August 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Writing something along the lines of this would be one way to deal with it:
http://resources.news.com.au/files/2012/08/08/1226445/602409-gay-letter.jpg

Granraude
Wednesday, August 8th, 2012, 11:04 PM
To be honest, I don't think I would do anything special.

Sehnsucht
Wednesday, August 8th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't really care. But a horribly camp male descendant? Would drive me mad.

Sjoerd
Thursday, August 9th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Best answer from me is probably: "I do not know."

I honestly have no idea what to say...

I wouldn't approve at all and my viewpoints on the lifestyle would not change, I guess I would really feel like a failure as a parent.

Its ironic because I consider homosexuality to go against the traditional family unit and I strongly oppose it,but I would not abandon a child of mine for this. The relationship would probably be tense and uncomfortable I imagine.

Ægir
Thursday, August 9th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Well even though I have not given much thought to it having two sons has caused me to think of it before. I highly doubt that I will have to deal with it but how I do would depend on some specific factors...namely are they just simply gay or are they flaming fags. If they are flaming fags then I would have to disown them...and do some serious searching as to where either I or my genes went wrong. If they are just simply normal people who happen to be gay that might cause more problems for me. I had an old friend of mine who use to quote (i'm not sure from where) "If your going to be gay at least don't be a fag...if you're going to suck dick suck dick like a man" (I apologize for the language). This quote sums up a thought that it is better to be gay and not be a flaming fag...I agree to an extent. Even though I do not agree with the lifestyle I have met some gays who were proud Germanic and some who were proud WNs(even though I think WNs are misguided). These are people who in all other circumstances appear normal and who I would agree with probably more than the average brainwashed tv pop culture slob. I would not accept or endorse that lifestyle for a child of mine...but at the same time I would be much more hard-pressed to disown them if they were otherwise perfect but they just happened to be homosexual. But like I said I doubt that I will have to deal with this.

As a side note I remember a discussion I had with a leftist/cultural marxist professor of mine several years ago that may shed some light on this subject. Even though she was a marxist (I even called her Dr. Red) she thought that all homosexuals were developmentally trapped in a juvenile state. Her thought on it is that it is normal for younger people who either are not around the opposite sex or who are not competitive with the opposite sex to practice with homosexual acts when they are young but that they should all grow out of it. She felt that there was a problem with modern (read 20th century and beyond) culture to where more youth get stuck in this developmental stage and thus we have the explosion of homosexuality that we have in modern times. She may have been a marxist but I have always thought that she may have been on to something with this observation.

DNA Metaphysician
Thursday, August 9th, 2012, 03:57 AM
I don't think it would happen if I raised my kid right (as opposed to letting degenerate society raise them). If it did, I don't think I'd disown him or anything like that. As long as he remains intelligent and logical about politics and truth. Maybe it's his genes saying they don't want to exist? Maybe there is nothing wrong with it as long as he makes children? I don't really know.

ablutive
Thursday, August 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I would explain that I consider it their duty to provide me with a grandchild, the normal way, and to provide for the woman who produced it as a wife.

Then whatever they might choose to do in private without bothering me with the messy details is really their issue to deal with.

Sawyer
Friday, August 10th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Just to clarify, this is a hypothetical situation, no need to say the kid wouldn't be gay if you raised it right.

For myself, I think I would deal with it the same way as Sjoerd.

But, if the child was a 'flaming fag', I would not accept it at all. I don't think I would force him to act in a heterosexual way, that always just creates more problems, I would just have to excommunicate him.

If he was some sort of closet gay, someone you would never guess was, I would probably just have an uneasy tension with him. I wouldn't accept his 'way' or support it, but I wouldn't cut myself of from him.

I would explain that I consider it their duty to provide me with a grandchild, the normal way, and to provide for the woman who produced it as a wife.

Then whatever they might choose to do in private without bothering me with the messy details is really their issue to deal with.

I don't know if I would expect him to have children. If homosexuality is influenced by genetics then I certainly would not do that.

I don't plan on having a single child, so I would have other kids to carry on the family line.

ablutive
Friday, August 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I heard that it was when a woman has lots of boys the later ones get feminised by her body. I can't remember the explanation of why.

Sybren
Friday, August 10th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I heard that it was when a woman has lots of boys the later ones get feminised by her body. I can't remember the explanation of why.
I've heard that too.

If i remember correctly, it had something to do with the first boy getting the most testosteron and the subsequent ones less and less.

renownedwolf
Friday, August 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Anybody got any links to that info? So I can wind up my younger brother! :D

(Who is actually a very macho guy, so I'm not sure it would be to a significant amount or indeed happen in every case)

Sigurd
Friday, August 10th, 2012, 09:03 AM
At this point, I'm not destroying my mind over this question, I shall leave that to the eventuality. Being fairly convinced it's not going to happen I give the matter as much thought as I give thought to the buttering techniques for turnips.

I don't think I would actually disown my child in this case, but I'd make it clear that they shouldn't expect preferential treatment and that whilst they were welcome in my house, they were not to bring their partner into the house or should at least arrange to behave like 'sports buddies' to each other whilst in the house. I wouldn't want to have to watch their relationship or deal with the relationship issues of such a union I could not approve of.

Inheritance is a lesser issue, either that particular line ends here or any child adopted, surrogated or conceived by sperm donation is going to be my grandchild who will not necessarily turn out to be gay, such a grandchild shouldn't be punished for their parent's perversion.

That being said, there is no way I could condone it, and would probably ask myself where I did wrong. Actual disowning is reserved to the child becoming a race-mixer. ;)