PDA

View Full Version : Words Associated with Christianity and British History Taken Out of Children’s Dictionary

Sigurd
Monday, December 8th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Words associated with Christianity and British history taken out of children’s dictionary

Words associated with Christianity, the monarchy and British history have been dropped from a leading dictionary for children.

Oxford University Press has removed words like “aisle”, “bishop”, “chapel”, “empire” and “monarch” from its Junior Dictionary and replaced them with words like “blog”, “broadband” and “celebrity”. Dozens of words related to the countryside have also been culled.

More... (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3569045/Words-associated-with-Christianity-and-British-history-taken-out-of-childrens-dictionary.html)Newspeak for Children. Twelfth edition. :|

Axton
Monday, December 8th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Words associated with Christianity and British history taken out of children’s dictionary

Words associated with Christianity, the monarchy and British history have been dropped from a leading dictionary for children.

Oxford University Press has removed words like “aisle”, “bishop”, “chapel”, “empire” and “monarch” from its Junior Dictionary and replaced them with words like “blog”, “broadband” and “celebrity”. Dozens of words related to the countryside have also been culled.

The lefties are a sneaky bunch, obviously trying to get them indoctrinated from a young age. Essentially they are wiping out British culture and history in a egocentric attempt to turn us into some kind of new USA. They seem to have some kind of destructive agenda for the natives of Britain, I don't understand where they get there loonie left Ideas from, its as if they hate everything British!

BeornWulfWer
Monday, December 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM
And to think, home schooling is frowned upon.

Ms Saunders realised words were being removed when she was helping her son with his homework and discovered that "moss" and "fern", which were in editions up until 2003, were no longer listed....

....Anthony Seldon, the master of Wellington College, a leading private school in Berkshire, said: "I am stunned that words like "saint", "buttercup", "heather" and "sycamore" have all gone and I grieve it

And the clear cut wisdom for denying these words was....

....there were lots of examples of flowers for instance. That was because many children lived in semi-rural environments and saw the seasons--(And children still don't? They will now have no basis to at least know the words if not the actual sight and feeling of the season?)--. Nowadays, the environment has changed. We are also much more multicultural. People don't go to Church as often as before. Our understanding of religion is within multiculturalism, which is why some words such as "Pentecost" or "Whitsun" would have been in 20 years ago but not now."

Ah, there you have it. Multiculturalism, or, as I like to call it, the 'end of western civilisation by partaking in mutual suicide'.

Pathetic.

Haereticus
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Yes, Newspeak alright.

Absolutely outrageous. It would be laughable if it wasn't so serious. I wonder who is ultimately responsible, who directs what words are to be included or deleted.

I was reading the quotes on the Telegraph site, mostly very good. There are over 300 comments. Some helpful soul posted this, including part of a quote from Orwell's 1984:

"The only language in the world whose vocabulary gets smaller every year. The basic principles is a greatly reduced and simplified vocabulary and grammar. The aim is to make any alternative thinking unthinkable by removing any words or possible constructs which describe the ideas of freedom, rebellion and so on...

The MSM and our 'opinion formers' are outlawing and changing our language constantly. Children are their softest target.

In the novel Newspeak was supposed to have replaced English by the year 2050. Looks like they're back on track.

Sobriety
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM
What's happening is that ALL ancestral white homelands AND only white homelands, are being systematically destroyed via elimination of living genetic lineages, languages, heritages, histories and cultures.

Orchestrated Genocide is currently in operation.

Who by?

The New World Order architects, ie,

the Rothchilds and Bilderberger groups. (I'm of part-Jewish origin myself, btw so don't bother arguing with me about this one).

The United Nations and Institute of Foreign Relations.

What do these organisations really stand for? Please each of you, make it your individual business to find out. I am not going to do your work for you.

At least one hundred and fifty of the member states of the United nations are non-white parasite nations predating upon the white world. Well under a quarter only of all worldwide member states, comprise true white nations.

Vetos anyone! The non-white member states in it certainly are having a field-day due to their collective monopolization of this corrupt organisation. So much so, that they totally dominate that malevolent set-up.

White nations must withdraw from the present United Nations snakepit and strive for a whites only United Nations. Let the non-white nations set up an alternative for themselves if they so wish and let them separately fund their own too.

The Affirmative Action hire, ie, the Gupta woman planter presently holding the editorship of a white-founded institution (the Oxford Dictionary Publication House), is yet a further symptom of this.

We must work to eliminate the laws that allow these indignities in our ancestral homelands and be prepared to use force, if required.

I personally, am in favour of reviewing the issue of non-white citizenship of white ancestral homelands and removing the granting of it outright including retroactive removal, although the provision for temporary residence permits and the like would still be retained just the same.

Teuton
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Why does this sound similar to 1984 when they were reducing the dictionary...
Oh, yes, because they are.

Haereticus
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008, 04:26 PM
... I was reading the quotes on the Telegraph site, mostly very good. There are over 300 comments...

279 now. Shame I didn't save those. The deleted comments might have been interesting.

Berrocscir
Thursday, December 11th, 2008, 05:30 PM
This is cultural genocide. It's the active, intentional will to get rid of culturally english words. It's the wilful denial of western ethnicity. The people in charge know what they are doing, this is the tragic thing, someone has made the moral decision to do this, its gut-wrenching :(