PDA

View Full Version : Questions from Moderators, Admins

Eric34
Sunday, December 7th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I wrote to 2 moderators, no reply yet.

I just want my account deleted, with all the comments, posts, threads, topics I started, photos, pictures. Not because I don't like the skadi anymore -because I wanna re-regist here with a new name- but because a personal thing.

Is that possible an admin delete my account with all my old activity on this forum? I hope that is not a big deal and it's ok.

I would appreciate help!

Greetings:
S.

(P.S. sorry for my bad English.)

lei.talk
Sunday, December 7th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Could you please delete my posts and my account?
As a rule of thumb, yes, we could, but no, we won't.

Before you post anything, remember that words have consequences -- both for you and others. This is true even if they're posted pseudonymously on a discussion board.

Don't come back in a few months or years and ask us to delete your account and your posts because you can't take the heat, you've "changed your mind," you think that Skadi has become "too liberal" or "too extremist," or because you desire to make a politically correct career. It wouldn't make any difference anyway, since public posts are cached by search engines and recorded by countless other people with varying motives.

Deleting accounts and posts makes existing threads unintelligible and searching difficult. If you plan to leave Skadi, simply don't log in anymore. Please spare us gala performances of all kinds. We shall also not ban your account on request.

The only exception is made if you can believably accredit current political persecution due to the content of your posts. In this case message a helper or an administrator (http://forums.skadi.net/showgroups.php?), and we shall be able to help you by suppressing the posts in question or your whole account.

- Frequently Asked Questions (http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=skadi_faq#faq_delete_account )

Thusnelda
Sunday, December 7th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Iīve received your message Szacsi but as you can read in our FAQ-section we donīt delete accounts or all postings in general.

If youīve published your real identity in our forum (name, photos or address for example) than you can point out these specific postings to us, though. We will delete them then individually, of course! :)
So your work now is to find those posts with critical content and give us the direct links to that individual postings (in a private message). We will delete them then instantly.

lei.talk
Sunday, December 7th, 2008, 01:11 PM
...as you can read in our rules we donīt delete accounts or all postings in general.:??: Forum Rules (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=2729) :??:

Thusnelda
Sunday, December 7th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I wasnīt precise here, right. ;) Itīs a part of the FAQ.

Sigurd
Sunday, December 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Apologies, S., I was going to pass it on first thing in the morning, but I fell asleep again due to my recent lack of sleep due to having to move flats.

We don't delete accounts and the likes, we can change your username for you however, or delete individual postings. :)

Eric34
Monday, December 8th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Thank you for the answers.