PDA

View Full Version : Afrikaner Presence on Skadi

stormlord
Monday, November 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
It would be great to have more South Africans members, and I'm sure with more Afrikaans posts the search engines will lead more Afrikaans speakers here, keep it up.

Teuton
Monday, November 17th, 2008, 08:15 PM
It would be great to have more South Africans members, and I'm sure with more Afrikaans posts the search engines will lead more Afrikaans speakers here, keep it up.

Operation 'Afrikaner Spam' commencing!

What are the most common searches in Afrikaans? So we can spam the forum with them.:P

(Joking)

Dagna
Monday, November 17th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Stormfront has an Afrikaans section (http://www.stormfront.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37). Does anyone post there? Putting a Skadi link in the signatures would be a good idea, I believe. Or inviting some of the better, high quality members.

I am going to post some news in Afrikaans. I cannot speak the language, but I can understand it to a degree.

Loki
Monday, November 17th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Stormfront has an Afrikaans section (http://www.stormfront.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37). Does anyone post there? Putting a Skadi link in the signatures would be a good idea, I believe. Or inviting some of the better, high quality members.

I am going to post some news in Afrikaans. I cannot speak the language, but I can understand it to a degree.

Unfortunately the Stormfront Afrikaans section is frequented by a bunch of Identity-theology loonies ... not worth the effort to try to convince them of rationalism! :thumbdown

Teuton
Monday, November 17th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I really think Skadi--and Germanics on a whole, can learn a lot from the Boerevolk. We've really got a lot of knowledge from past experience to past on with you, young turnips.:P

I've never really looked very much at Stormfront, I'll look into it, and maybe join sometime.

Loki
Monday, November 17th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I really think Skadi--and Germanics on a whole, can learn a lot from the Boerevolk. We've really got a lot of knowledge from past experience to past on with you, young turnips.:P

I've never really looked very much at Stormfront, I'll look into it, and maybe join sometime.

Admittedly it has been a few years since I've looked at what they discussed on there.

There is a strong faction of Afrikaners who are belonging to a religious sect called Christian Identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_identity). Indeed, it is rife among Afrikaners, I am sad to say. So rife that Stormfront even opened a "theology" subforum for them to discuss their things. They take every word in the Bible as the literal truth, it is often embarrassing to read that stuff.

Dagna
Monday, November 17th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I am not fond of Stormfront myself and I do not read it, but I was guessing perhaps there are some Afrikaners there who would enjoy a Germanic environment like on Skadi. The European nationalist or Nordic folk boards out there bare Afrikaners from joining because they are "Colonial" and they only accept geographical Europeans.

The Christian fanaticism would put me off too, indeed.

Teuton
Monday, November 17th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Admittedly it has been a few years since I've looked at what they discussed on there.

There is a strong faction of Afrikaners who are belonging to a religious sect called Christian Identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_identity). Indeed, it is rife among Afrikaners, I am sad to say. So rife that Stormfront even opened a "theology" subforum for them to discuss their things. They take every word in the Bible as the literal truth, it is often embarrassing to read that stuff.

At the moment I think that anything that keeps the Afrikaners united will suffice.

Loki
Monday, November 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM
At the moment I think that anything that keeps the Afrikaners united will suffice.

Yes, but sadly the opposite is true. This is a very divisive issue among Afrikaners.

Stormraaf
Tuesday, November 18th, 2008, 08:46 AM
An increase in South African members will probably have to precede more Afrikaans posts. I think at the moment, having only a handful of Afrikaans speakers on Skadi, it's more worthwhile to create threads on which members elsewhere can comment as well, and that means posting in English.

I really think Skadi--and Germanics on a whole, can learn a lot from the Boerevolk. We've really got a lot of knowledge from past experience to past on with you, young turnips.
And you're saying this of a colonial Germanic people only establishing their own republics in the mid-1800's and speaking the youngest language in the world? :P But I get what you're saying - we were the first to lose our country and experience the aftermath thereof.

Yes, but sadly the opposite is true. [Christian fanaticism] is a very divisive issue among Afrikaners. I agree - we'd have more unity if religion was swept away. The way I see it, most Afrikaner Christians in SA either make themselves guilty of leftist conditioning or proclaim to be "God's chosen people", neither of which is in line with Skadi's orientation.

Teuton
Tuesday, November 18th, 2008, 08:51 AM
And you're saying this of a colonial Germanic people only establishing their own republics in the mid-1800's and speaking the youngest language in the world? :P But I get what you're saying - we were the first to lose our country and experience the aftermath thereof.

Sad, nê?

One of the youngest(if not the youngest) and the first to go. Really is quite sickening.

Stormraaf
Tuesday, November 18th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Judging from how older, less-spoken languages are holding on, I don't think Afrikaans will disappear anytime soon. According to the "experts" at Wikipedia, Afrikaans is the fourth-most widely spoken Germanic language. Makes sense, if you keep Scandinavia's low population density in mind.

And it is indeed the youngest language in the world. ;)

HVanDerMerwe
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008, 11:51 PM
You have South African members. Long absence, but I'm back.

Ouma
Thursday, February 26th, 2009, 06:29 AM

I post on Stormfront as well....

Dagna
Saturday, March 14th, 2009, 11:21 PM
If you do not like Stormfront, I believe there is a forum just for Boers/Afrikaners where potential joiners can be found and invited:
http://www.boerevryheid.co.za/forums/
There is an English speaking section.

Ouma
Monday, March 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Boerevryheid is not exactly a site I want to be around. Used to post there in the past, way back, but they have too many issues around religion.
But thanks, anyway. :D

Stormraaf
Monday, March 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Boerevryheid is not exactly a site I want to be around. Used to post there in the past, way back, but they have too many issues around religion.

Indeed so. Also, it seemed to me their discussions more often than not derail into a string of lowbrow posts.

Ouma, maybe you still know of someone from "way back" who would also find a better fit in Skadi?

Nachtengel
Monday, March 16th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I don't know that board but I think gems can be found even in the mud so it's worth a try. :D

Germaan
Monday, March 23rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Indeed so. Also, it seemed to me their discussions more often than not derail into a string of lowbrow posts.

Agree, not even worth a visit.:thumbdown

Sanderis
Sunday, May 3rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
I'm a proud Afrikaner, it's great to be here on Skadi.
You've got some good topics here, thanks for a superb forum.

Indeed, it is rife among Afrikaners, I am sad to say. So rife that Stormfront even opened a "theology" subforum for them to discuss their things. They take every word in the Bible as the literal truth, it is often embarrassing to read that stuff.

I quite agree with you and ignore such posts, luckily there are other places on the net where likeminded people can discuss more important issues in peace without harassment.

RoyBatty
Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 02:21 AM
If you do not like Stormfront, I believe there is a forum just for Boers/Afrikaners where potential joiners can be found and invited:
http://www.boerevryheid.co.za/forums/
There is an English speaking section.

Hi Dagna, I'll give you a bit of background on this site.

- Too many religious nuts (and nearly every one of them has his / her own particular Christian church / sect which leads to never-ending religious quarrels, lol)

- Word has it that the forum leader is in cahoots with NI (National Intelligence / ANC Govt) due to the fact that he had to cut a deal to keep his kids (and possibly himself, I can't remember the exact details) out of jail. This was because they were involved in activities of an extremist nature some time ago which got them into hot water.

The concerns are that they're more interested in leading people in circles (as part of the "stay out of jail package") and less concerned with promoting freedom and independence for the independence orientated Afrikaners and other whites in SA who harbour similar ideals.

There may be the odd interesting tidbit or discussion but I'm sceptical about the motives and loyalties of their leadership. Unfortunately the same thing goes for a number of other similar type organisations.

Dagna
Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Thank you for the information. I did not know anything about the nature of the forum, but I believe it is visited by many Afrikaners and I have posted a link there. It seems some Afrikaners learned about Skadi through that forum and so far the contributions have been enlightening. I believe in making Skadi known to Afrikaners all over the web, because until a few months ago, this area of the forum was not very visited and popular. Now being a haven for Afrikaner nationalists, it could be an alternative, Afrikaners just need to know that it is out here. I have not noticed any strong Christian identity or influence in the South Africa forum thusfar.

RoyBatty
Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Thank you for the information. I did not know anything about the nature of the forum, but I believe it is visited by many Afrikaners and I have posted a link there. It seems some Afrikaners learned about Skadi through that forum and so far the contributions have been enlightening. I believe in making Skadi known to Afrikaners all over the web, because until a few months ago, this area of the forum was not very visited and popular. Now being a haven for Afrikaner nationalists, it could be an alternative, Afrikaners just need to know that it is out here. I have not noticed any strong Christian identity or influence in the South Africa forum thusfar.

Dagna, I'm humbled to say that you're one of the most active promoters of Afrikaner / SA causes here putting many of us to shame. I can only thank you from the bottom of my heart for your tireless efforts for raising awareness.

As you mentioned, the Afrikaans people at Skadi (as far as I can tell) aren't particularly obsessed with religion which is a good thing. Imo there's nothing wrong with feeling part of a Christian identity (many of us are) or any other type of identity but it's best to leave the finer details at the church / at home and not to bring it to a discussion board.

Skadi is perhaps a better alternative for Afrikaners than the plethora of existing "Boer" sites, many of which appear to be run and controlled by people with questionable motives and are possibly NI fronts.

The "onsvirjou" (us for you) site was created by ex-Boerevryheid members who became disillusioned with the BV leadership. There are also links from there to a number of established Afrikaner organisations.

http://www.onsvirjou.org/

Stormraaf
Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM
The "onsvirjou" (us for you) site was created by ex-Boerevryheid members who became disillusioned with the BV leadership.

However, OvJ has more potential for privacy abuse - their rules say members must register using their real names. Quite possibly a number of the OvJ membership circumvent this by using fake names, but I'd rather a forum not make a big deal out of it.

Also, concerning the number of lowbrow posts and derailing of topics, their signal-to-noise ratio is too high. Still, I think this is more a symptom of the average Afrikaner's weak online etiquette and lacking know-how than a criticism of OvJ itself. Their founder once responded to a post of mine elsewhere regarding unity between Christians and non-Christians (well, more specifically how someone like me can fit in the grand scheme of things), and he seems like a fairly open-minded man.

Sanderis
Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Also, concerning the number of lowbrow posts and derailing of topics, their signal-to-noise ratio is too high.

Like I said in another post there is two different forums; http://www.onsvirjou.org/bj and http://www.onsvirjou.org/ovj

I can't find truth in your quote concerning the first one.
You also need to keep in mind it is still a young forum and need to grow and develop.
Also by asking users to use their real names, you lessen the possibility that such a user will be guilty of hate or warmonger speech. You as admin of this forum should know, if a website is found guilty of above-mentioned it can be taken off-air.
By the way, my real name is Sanderis and I'm not shy to admit it.

Stormraaf
Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Like I said in another post there is two different forums; http://www.onsvirjou.org/bj and http://www.onsvirjou.org/ovj

I was referring to OvJ. I don't yet know what to make of BJ. Are there sections of it hidden until one registers? Viewing as a guest, I only see two sections with six threads total.

I can't find truth in your quote concerning the first one.

Well, it's a subjective perception, of course.

You also need to keep in mind it is still a young
forum and need to grow and develop.

IMO, the online Afrikaner base from which these forums extract members needs to grow and develop as well. Again, it's not a criticism of the OvJ forum itself. What I see as a tendency to easily go off-topic and leave insubstantial comments is something I see on all Afrikaans online communities. I am myself interested to see how OvJ will develop, and if time proves I arrived at my conclusion too hastily, I'll gladly admit as much. Also, I'd prefer we establish friendly relations between Skadi and OvJ sooner rather than later.

Also by asking users to use their real names, you lessen the possibility that such a user will be guilty of hate or warmonger speech. You as admin of this forum should know, if a website is found guilty of above-mentioned it can be taken off-air.

Our moderation policies are sufficient in combating this. Still, your argument that it keeps members somewhat accountable for what they say on the forum is interesting.

By the way, my real name is Sanderis and I'm not shy to admit it.

Here you have the option to make that information available or not. Some people would prefer to leave as low an online footprint as possible, while being more forthcoming with ideas if they can publish it anonymously. Keeping in mind the ridiculous measures against free speech and ethno-cultural awareness we hear about on a daily basis, their not being as forthcoming with personal information is perfectly understandable.

Sanderis
Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I was referring to OvJ. I don't yet know what to make of BJ. Are there sections of it hidden until one registers? Viewing as a guest, I only see two sections with six threads total.

Yes, you will need to register to see the whole forum. (You can use Stormraaf, you won't be asked to change it until you post.) If you see what BJVR is all about you will understand why we prefer real names. Like I said it is now only the beginning but in time we will launch social events. Imagine yourself speaking to another person at such social event under the name of Stormraaf - it's not natural. Do you see my point?

Also, I'd prefer we establish friendly relations between Skadi and OvJ sooner rather than later.

Yes I agree, when there is communication there is always a better understanding of the other.

Stormraaf
Sunday, May 10th, 2009, 10:17 PM
If you see what BJVR is all about you will understand why we prefer real names. Like I said it is now only the beginning but in time we will launch social events. Imagine yourself speaking to another person at such social event under the name of Stormraaf - it's not natural. Do you see my point?

Strictly speaking one could still keep one's RL identity and online identity separate (e.g. attending such an event under my real name but only disclosing my online identity if I so choose), but I'll assume BJVR will be used for more than invitational purposes, e.g. organisational, so yes, I can see your point.

In any case, there is obviously a significant difference between a board which is purely a discussion platform and one which crosses over into social networking, and there's no point in drawing further comparisons. For Afrikaner visitors to this thread it's probably a good thing you pointed out the distinction between OvJ and BJVR, though.

RoyBatty
Wednesday, May 13th, 2009, 12:04 AM
However, OvJ has more potential for privacy abuse - their rules say members must register using their real names. Quite possibly a number of the OvJ membership circumvent this by using fake names, but I'd rather a forum not make a big deal out of it.

Indeed, this concerned me as well. I could understand the logic for "let's be open about who we are and what we do" but on the other hand I'm also paranoid (not entirely without reason) about disclosing too much personal information on the Internet.

Also, concerning the number of lowbrow posts and derailing of topics, their signal-to-noise ratio is too high.
Agreed, all true but one has to start somewhere or use something like this as a base. Otherwise we'll just keep going in circles with every person and their dog starting up their own movement with a whole 5 members. As you say, it needs more direction both there and elsewhere.

Still, I think this is more a symptom of the average Afrikaner's weak online etiquette and lacking know-how than a criticism of OvJ itself.
It's really hard trying to keep a circus full of Afrikaners on the road, my respects to OvJ for trying. Imo the only way to make a success out of such ventures is to aim for the middle ground and not to concentrate exclusively on the right. We need to get more professionals / intelligentsia involved, in other words, people who are quite possibly currently wasting time on the Zionist DA.

Their founder once responded to a post of mine elsewhere regarding unity between Christians and non-Christians (well, more specifically how someone like me can fit in the grand scheme of things), and he seems like a fairly open-minded man.Are you referring to Sakkie? (He was one of the co-founders). Yes he's an alright guy. The site got started up by him and 2 sidekicks but one of them seems to have left, not sure what happened. I was there as well from the beginning but got fed up one day and walked. I wish them well, I just didn't have the patience or motivation anymore to deal with certain types of people. It was like banging your head against a brick wall.

The logic at the time (and imo it was a good idea) was to use OvJ as a base to combine as many reputable Afrikaner interest organisations as possible in one central location. Boerevryheid was initially included but anyway.... too much bickering and bad blood put an end to their participation. Can't help but to be sceptical about what they're trying to achieve or what their real agendas are.

Sanderis
Wednesday, May 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
This is a message directed to all the guys out there who realize that OVJ just wants to create a link between different levels and groups in the Afrikaner/Boer nation. We need to share our views and ideas, and we need to do some networking - this is the only way we can become ONE nation again. Speaking on other forums does not constitute treason...! It's actually just part of normal socialising! Just like we all have our own favourite restaurant, we do not allways go to the same restaurants, because we sometimes have a need for a different atmosphere, and the menu does after all offer some variety - even on the same theme! (Spur and Dros are maybe a good example?). Variety is always good, but there is ONE exception, when you are married you do NOT go and "sample" elsewhere! You stick to the BOERE rule! Then the golden rule is NOT "meat is meat and man must eat" but rather "Vleis is vleis, maar jou steak is by die huis!"

I would like to stress the following, just some tips on etiquette. Firstly, we must forget this attitude of "this is MY "mishoop"! When you get that urge to attack, just picture yourself as a cocky little "kapokhaantjie", prancing around ready to fly at your "opponent". And then you think about the fact that we are NOT here trying to take anyone's place on the perch. I am sure the average guy will then be able to back off with a good-hearted chuckle - directed at himself - and come back to earth...

Remember, when we go and visit someone else, a well educated guest with good manners will not attack his host, AND a well educated and good mannered host will never attack a stranger in his midst... I am off-course speaking of our world-famous "Boere-hospitality". Of you are a real Boer, this should come naturally! Miaaaauw!!!! ;D
We are all entitled to our own views, even though they may not be the generally accepted ones! But you never know when half of your view plus half of your guest's view, might just constitute PERFECTION in COMBINATION!

If we stick to these rules, it should be possible and even quite simple to "visit" other forums without any problems... And thus solve a magnitude of problems!

Another thing, I am sometimes guilty too, so I know how easy it can be to fall off the wagon! When you read a post and you get all hot around the collar because you think someone "attacked" you - STOP - read that post again, and then read between the lines too! Remember, in face to face conversation, you have the ability to see the other person's expressions and body language - because quite often the spoken word and the actual body language together make up the real message! In this case, we lose a very important dimension - that of body language!

We are left with hollow words, which could very easily be misinterpreted! And as we have all experienced at some stage, THEY DO get MISINTERPRETED! So, it really is very important that you read a post twice - and read your own answer twice too - even three times! Remember, the person reading that, quite possibly doesn't know you, and may easily misinterpret your words and the actual meaning!

We all know how we sometimes just "click" when talking to somebody - because the chemistry and invissible connections are there... But when we meet people along this way, in "dead" cyber space, we do not have the advantage of using al our senses to build up character pictures! So we have to settle for "reading between the lines"!

And this leads to another big issue here - that of the issue of names. I know it is dangerous to use your own name, and that people sometimes feel "safer" using false names... Freedom of speech seems to be a lot simpler when you can hide behind a valse image. But that's just the thing - it's a valse image! I see it this way, just like I refuse to speak to someone wearing sunglasses when the sun is not glaring in his eyes (I do not trust anyone who cannot look me in the eye, because my eyes pick up their true intentions a lot better than from their words), I prefer to know what the other person's name is. Come on, it's just common sense and good manners... When you speak to someone, it is so much better and actually a sign of respect when you address him by his name! I hate it to speak to someone when I just have his surname, I feel it is disrespectful to address him as such, so I really like to know who I am facing - because I also build up a picture of whomever I am speaking to. That's just my way - other people may differ from me. That is also why I prefer to see a photo of that same person, because that is the only way we can build up a "connection". Maybe I am weird, but I don't like speaking to the walls or gosts, or to some weird cybername, added to a graphic logo... I might just as well speak to my dog lying next to me... How can one build up an intelligent connection that way?

I am sure you will all agree, that if you already know the other person's real name and what he looks like, it doesn't matter if you speak to him based on his cybername. Then he can be called "Dickhead" for all I care, but you will still picture him the way you know him... But picture the way someone else will see him, who has never actually met the guy...? As long as you do not know him, that feeling of DISTRUST will linger as long as you do not have a face or name to talk to... This is exactly why I use my own name and I have added my own photo too - I am what I am... no valse fronts...

After all, we are here today to FIGHT all the treason and cheating that our people have been subjected to up to date... We want to speak to real people, to be sure we are not going to be stabbed in the back by some snooping spy!

Doesn't this make sense?

Boeregroete,

Marietjie Smuts

Stormraaf
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 01:19 AM
The above argument in no way convinced me why it's necessary to demand that the other person share their RL (real life) name. Presenting these thoughts and then leaving it to the reader to decide whether or not he himself thinks it beneficial to immediately associate his RL face and identity with an online community would have been a better way to go about it, IMO. The newcomer should be allowed to agree or disagree with the claim that anonymity somehow equates to falsehood and make an own choice accordingly.

In addition, the problem with privacy misuse when using your real name is raised, but no solution provided. Instead, only what the author perceives as a greater evil - not having the "common sense" and "good manners" to provide your real name to a board of strangers - is presented as an argument to provide your name nevertheless.

TBH, it all sounds like a futile attempt to equate purely online interaction with conventional, real socialising - a desire to bridge the unfamiliar, the unfamiliar in this case being the capabilities and limits of the online (disembodied) exchange of information.

Still, the stated benefits in terms of connecting on a personal level are still realised by most of us on Skadi, especially the regular and long-standing members. We often post pictures of ourselves in the regulars section and use someone's real name in private communication or in closed groups.

As long as you do not know him, that feeling of DISTRUST will linger as long as you do not have a face or name to talk to...

Why would it matter as long as you're only exchanging facts/ideas/opinions and not asking the person to look after your small children? Besides, a little distrust is healthy. It helps looking for ulterior motives behind submissions.

After all, we are here today to FIGHT all the treason and cheating that our people have been subjected to up to date... We want to speak to real people, to be sure we are not going to be stabbed in the back by some snooping spy!

In no way is providing RL names and pictures a measure for keeping away a "snooping spy". One imagined real name, one photo off the Internet, and you're the victim of identity deception.

RoyBatty
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I second everything Stormraaf said.

While I can appreciate and understand the original motivation for using real names on OvJ it was never something I personally saw much sense in. In the interests of harmony and good relations I didn't argue this point with the administration but privately I felt this rule was futile.

As SR says, disclosing personal information exposes one to a long list of potential problems, identity fraud, unwanted attention by NI etc. There's no way to verify / be certain that information supplied by users is real. It's all based on "trust". I also fail to see how "coming out" proves anything to anybody. I can be myself without telling the whole world what I look like or what my name is.

NI are probably all over OvJ by now, no public forum is immune to scrutiny so it's naive to concern one's self about "spies" and snoopers. Just accept that the authorities will be and are omnipresent. Always. Provided the site is controlled and responsibly administered there won't be problems. Hotheads need to be kept in line.

As for who to trust and who not, that's a personal decision. It helps to meet people in real life in order to gauge them and what they're really all about. Needless to say, there are many false "friends" on the Internet as well as in real life.

There are a lot of good intentions amongst us Afrikaners but goodness knows, too many people are still incredibly naive and politically unsophisticated. Many still appear to believe in playground honour and truth and similar types of society "rules". I'm afraid that it just doesn't work that way in real life.

Sanderis
Saturday, May 16th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I don't want to sound rude neither do I direct it as an insult but I think you are paranoid.
I have no need to hide behind a false identity; if you can't be true to yourself, how can you be true to the cause?
Why would N.I. show interest in me?
If they do, good luck for them (LoL) - I was trained in intelligence by the army so I won't put myself into an awkard position.

RoyBatty
Saturday, May 16th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I don't want to sound rude neither do I direct it as an insult but I think you are paranoid.
I have no need to hide behind a false identity; if you can't be true to yourself, how can you be true to the cause?
Why would N.I. show interest in me?
If they do, good luck for them (LoL) - I was trained in intelligence by the army so I won't put myself into an awkard position.

If you feel comfortable about advertising every facet about yourself that's your good right but paranoia works for me. If it doesn't for you, fair enough. Different strokes for different folks innit?

Either way, "coming out of the closet" at OvJ is a pointless excercise. It proves nothing. Anybody could invent any kind of fairytale about their background. After all, this is the Internet. Those people who need to know me know me, the rest don't need to know and don't know.

Horagalles
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 01:32 AM

There is a strong faction of Afrikaners who are belonging to a religious sect called Christian Identity (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikip edia.org%2Fwiki%2FChristian_identity). Indeed, it is rife among Afrikaners, I am sad to say. We call them the "Israel Visie" or "Israel Vision". They are quite loud, but I actually won't say they are "rife" among Afrikaners. The are just more active propagating their views then other groups.

So rife that Stormfront even opened a "theology" subforum for them to discuss their things. They take every word in the Bible as the literal truth, it is often embarrassing to read that stuff.This kind is usually taking the parts out of the bible that suits their ideology and interpret it accordingly. That's why there is so much controversy between them and other groups. One problem is that they like to cybersquat on right wing forums, because they think they can recruit new followers there. To me that seems to be some kind of preaching to the choir or fishing in your own pond. And its also wasting time and chasing potential new users away. That's why I tell the moderators of forums to kick them off as soon as they start with their "preaching" on forums.

You rarely find them doing that on non-WN forums unless they expect some other right-wingers there. So they won't win people for the cause, either.

The "onsvirjou" (us for you) site was created by ex-Boerevryheid members who became disillusioned with the BV leadership. There are also links from there to a number of established Afrikaner organisations.

http://www.onsvirjou.org/
At least some of these ex-members seems to have been troublemakers on Boerevryheid. That's the 3rd or 4th time people were first riding on BV and then started copying that forum. Of course there has been all kinds of mudslinging against Let's Pretorius whose the founder of that forum. The mudslinging came from known NI informers like Frikkie Potgieter.

Stormraaf
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 10:04 PM
We call them the "Israel Visie" or "Israel Vision". They are quite loud, but I actually won't say they are "rife" among Afrikaners. The[y] are just more active propagating their views then other groups.
[...]
And its also wasting time and chasing potential new users away. That's why I tell the moderators of forums to kick them off as soon as they start with their "preaching" on forums.

What is rife amongst Afrikaners is a tendency to define their identity by their Christianity (which is how I originally understood the term Christian Identity). This isn't limited to the Israel Vision alone. Those who claim regaining our independence is impossible without divine intervention (which sounds more like defeatism to me, not to mention being divisive) and those who say the Christian God should be praised as a nation and not just individually can be counted towards this group as well. Granted, they may not be as loud as those of the Israel Vision sect, but their "preachings" are of the same nature and will have the exact same effect on a forum.

Horagalles
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 10:26 PM
What is rife amongst Afrikaners is a tendency to define their identity by their Christianity (which is how I originally understood the term Christian Identity). This isn't limited to the Israel Vision alone. Those who claim regaining our independence is impossible without divine intervention (which sounds more like defeatism to me, not to mention being divisive) and those who say the Christian god should be praised as a nation and not just individually can be counted towards this group as well. Granted, they may not be as loud as those of the Israel Vision sect, but their "preachings" are of the same nature and will have the exact same effect on a forum.
Christian identity is merely those that believe that Christianity is meant for Whites only - In South Africa that would be the Israel Vision. Your interpretation on the word is however closer to how one would read the term ad hoc. You are also right that there are those that make professing the christianity a requirement for nationhood (christian nationalist - religion nationalist). I'd still distinguish them from the group that believes a divine intervention will be the only thing that can or will bring a political solution. The israel vision we've dealt with. The christian nationalists make a category mistake, whichis a fallacy, while even the bible is clear that faith is a deeply personal and individual matter. The divine interventionists are also off track, because I think none of them that wants/needs more money, will sit on their hands at home and pray, rather then go out ooking for a job and business opportunities. At least I never have met one of those "we-have-to-wait-till-god-intevenes" / "only-god-can-make-things-right-in-the-country" guys that also tells you that god is putting money into his bank account and bread into his basket. So there is something very wrong with their reasoning. God's blessing yes or no - We will have to do the thing politically, just as we have to work for a living or to get things done that we want.

RoyBatty
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I don't mind religious types provided they leave their "religion" at home. The minute these plebs start "discussing" their beliefs it soon descends into farce. As far as I'm concerned, NO RELIGIOUS DEBATES (particularly involving Afrikaners) ought to be allowed. Too many are just too nuts and ideologically stinted. Yes I realise it's a small minority but they're usually enough to cause havoc.

At least some of these ex-members seems to have been troublemakers on Boerevryheid. That's the 3rd or 4th time people were first riding on BV and then started copying that forum. Of course there has been all kinds of mudslinging against Let's Pretorius whose the founder of that forum. The mudslinging came from known NI informers like Frikkie Potgieter.

Horagalles, are guys like Frikkie, Piett, Kubaan etc etc OvJ leaders? I can't believe that would be possible.

Regarding Lets, most of what I know about him came via Nommers. I don't know enough about that scene to know exactly who is up to what, who is bs'ing and so forth. Let's just say that from what I've seen of that whole "scene", things are pretty messy. 1/2 the forums appear to be run by either NI, religious nuts, no-hopers etc. On the other 1/2 it's hard to tell who are worth trusting / believing.

In any case, BV seem to be pursuing a type of kibbutz system (this isn't necessarily a bad thing imo) but realistically speaking I'm sceptical about it. Let's be honest - "democractic" means are going to get us nowhere. The only way to gain independence will be through the barrel of a [insert word here].

Democracy is for idiots. It just doesn't work. As far as I'm concerned it's Military Dictatorship for us or nothing. I have no faith in politicians.

Horagalles
Thursday, May 21st, 2009, 04:41 AM
I don't mind religious types provided they leave their "religion" at home. The minute these plebs start "discussing" their beliefs it soon descends into farce. As far as I'm concerned, NO RELIGIOUS DEBATES (particularly involving Afrikaners) ought to be allowed. Too many are just too nuts and ideologically stinted. Yes I realise it's a small minority but they're usually enough to cause havoc.
That was my advice. There are already forums focusing on religion, why not use them. Instead the hobby-preachers are using political or cultural forums to spread their message. The fact that there is a division between "Israelites" and "Protestants" is then quickly turning into fighting, wasting users and moderators time PLUS this chases away or demotivates otherwise useful people. You then keep the shit and turn off those that are potentially useful.

Horagalles, are guys like Frikkie, Piett, Kubaan etc etc OvJ leaders? I can't believe that would be possible.
I would not know that they are involved, but then they could also write under any name. They are however involved with Boervolk. I remember that I recommended their immediate removal from any forum in 2005. Frikkie was fishing for information via email and there were also some interesting statements from him regarding the Peacock case. That boils down to him admitting that he is a police informer.

Regarding Lets, most of what I know about him came via Nommers. I don't know enough about that scene to know exactly who is up to what, who is bs'ing and so forth. Let's just say that from what I've seen of that whole "scene", things are pretty messy. 1/2 the forums appear to be run by either NI, religious nuts, no-hopers etc. On the other 1/2 it's hard to tell who are worth trusting / believing.
I don't consider Nommers a reliable source. And I think he was also busy with boervolk.com - Which is beyond reasonable doubt run by NI affiliated people. Most of these "forums" are "fly-by-nights", anyway. On a general note one just needs to be careful with giving out information and not wasting time with idiots.

In any case, BV seem to be pursuing a type of kibbutz system (this isn't necessarily a bad thing imo) but realistically speaking I'm sceptical about it. Let's be honest - "democractic" means are going to get us nowhere. The only way to gain independence will be through the barrel of a [insert word here].
Lets Pretorius has to be careful with what he is saying and doing. He's out on bail in connection with the Boeremag case and that has even be used against him by characters like Frikkie. They are looking into means of organizing the community (Wa Laers). Something you need to do, before you can go for any solution. The big issue now is mainstreaming our political views. This is basically boiling down to Nationalism versus Multiculturalism.

Democracy is for idiots. It just doesn't work. As far as I'm concerned it's Military Dictatorship for us or nothing. I have no faith in politicians.Military dictators are just as political then anybody else. But I agree an elite should run things, no egalitarian nonsense.
And I say it again we need to win the cultural struggle, before we can win the political one. Even we would succeed on the political front, without winning the cultural struggle our success will only be short lived.

Bittereinder
Tuesday, July 14th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I have found being from an NG background myself, that passivism is almost always the answer for most of the Christian churches that are operating under the Afrikaner, “Afrikaner Protestante” “Nederduits gereformeerd” or just the “reformed church” not mentioning the Multi cultural CRC block heads. Somehow at least as far as i am concerned current affairs are usually placed into the realm of the “end days” or Armageddon and thus is seen by many Afrikaners as Devine will and providence. Stalling any action on their own behalf before the thought of preserving your race and culture was ever raised and evaluated after all thank goodness at least they are going to heaven.

Maybe once all things are considered the abolishment of “Gods Diens” in schools is not such a bad thing, maybe this can result in more receptive minds that have the power of evaluation on merit and not purely on instilled preconceived ideas. Don’t get me wrong if Christianity is the thing for you that is fine in my book but it’s imperative that it is left completely out of the political realm, at home in your family and church where it belongs. The one problem however is with what is this being replaced?

Stormraaf
Tuesday, July 14th, 2009, 11:10 PM
The one problem however is with what is this being replaced?

That wouldn't really be a problem. The current trend in (some) right-wing circles of politicizing their religion and religifying their politics bars them from identifying with ideals closer to a purely folk-based nationalism. When Christianity is absent from politics, the doors to ethnocentric and intellectual arguments for nationalism will be open where before it was not, and things will start to fall into place.

Right-winger Afrikaner Christians need to start living out their faith instead of preaching division, and the Afrikaners who find themselves outside of the Christian circles need to muster some political will of their own. I believe it is crucial that these two requirements are fulfilled and followed by a unified movement of sound strategy if the Afrikaner folk are not to disappear into the night.

RoyBatty
Wednesday, July 15th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I agree with you Grimner. I'm fine with people being religious but they need to keep their beliefs to themselves and not involve it in political matters.

As far as I'm concerned, religious debates and discussions ought to be banned outright on any forum / in any group which takes themselves seriously. It's become a dividing factor, not a unifying one.

Another problem with a lot of these groups is that although they have good intentions, they're stuck in the Anglo-Boer War era and haven't progressed in ideological or academic terms beyond learning to drive a bakkie or watching rugby on TV. The idea amongst them appears to be to form some kind of an exclusive religious paradise homeland for true believers (like themselves and their 20 members) only. This kind of vision is doomed from the outset.

What we need is to unify around some common principles with universal appeal. We need to involve the English speaking whites in SA. We need to involve whites from outside SA with similar type beliefs no matter what their religious pursuasion. We need to become fashionable. We need to be appealing to Afrikaner sheep who'd otherwise be throwing away votes on the DA. (Our biggest enemy, in my opinion).

Horagalles
Wednesday, July 15th, 2009, 04:55 AM
That wouldn't really be a problem. The current trend in (some) right-wing circles of politicizing their religion and religifying their politics bars them from identifying with ideals closer to a purely folk-based nationalism. When Christianity is absent from politics, the doors to ethnocentric and intellectual arguments for nationalism will be open where before it was not, and things will start to fall into place.I do not think that this is so easy.
What people DO BELIEVE in the religious realm, will also affect what they believe and do in other realms including the political one (power and its use). And let me tell you, there is no such thing like a non-religious person, since atheists, agnosticists, secularists, etc. still have beliefs about the spiritual realm be they explicit or not. This is more a matter of compartmentalizing the realms. When we talk about physics we do not skip the subject and talk about selling cars. There is however a connection between cars and physics and that is i.e. thermodynamics.

Also remember that Afrikaner religiosity was instrumentalized to get him to give up political power. The line usually went:"love thy neighbour - there is no Apartheid in heaven..." or something like that. This was quite convincing to people with a shallow religiosity, if combined with some other factors. As a reaction to that one now will find i.e. the Israelites that styled their religion more exclusively for Whites. These groups are also the ones that like to abuse political forums for their proselytizing even more then your more traditional Protestants. Some of course do respect rules, but it seems to be the dumber ones that like to be the preachers and religious talkers on forums. This stupidity of course contributes to a bad image of "right wingers" as well as "religious people" alike.

I think the best is to take out the worst examples one by one. That may work as a deterrent to others. This is what SF did do recently with some success. The problem is just that the self-appointed preachers did unfortunately bore many more intelligent people from the forum. I also suspect that the behind the more outlandish Israelite views, some people with other agendas may hide.

Right-winger Afrikaner Christians need to start living out their faith instead of preaching division, and the Afrikaners who find themselves outside of the Christian circles need to muster some political will of their own. I believe it is crucial that these two requirements are fulfilled and followed by a unified movement of sound strategy if the Afrikaner folk are not to disappear into the night.That's also what I tell them. But it seems that some think that they are doing something very Christian, if they trumpet their religious beliefs in a political debate (instead of doing something constructive instead).

I think that many Afrikaners are intimidated about what happened in politics and they do not really know how to debate politics, since they have never been educated in this kind of field. Under stress people often retreat into routine patterns. That is why they fall back to religious talking, since this is something they are actually familiar with.

Religion deals with talking from authority to an audience. This is kind of a monologue. The approach is vertical. What the one above says supercedes, what the one on the lower levels think or say. In a political debate things are more horizontal. There is nobody that simply can supercede the others, but everyone is on a more or less equal level. Here the merits of an argument do count. You have to prove what you are saying with facts and your reasoning needs to follow a sound logic.

The switching into a religious mode often comes in, when someone actually looses the debate (since his argument wasn't sound) and now he tries to give his stance a boost by using God's authorithy. Something in the way of:"If you disagree with me, you are actually against Gods laws / will!" This is btw. a clear violation of the third commandment.

The last point is btw. a good argument to counter religious people. Tell them they are, while playing the great christian, violating gods commandments.

Bittereinder
Wednesday, July 15th, 2009, 07:43 AM
That wouldn't really be a problem. The current trend in (some) right-wing circles of politicizing their religion and religifying their politics bars them from identifying with ideals closer to a purely folk-based nationalism. When Christianity is absent from politics, the doors to ethnocentric and intellectual arguments for nationalism will be open where before it was not, and things will start to fall into place.

I don’t think it is quite as simple as that Stormraaf, I feel that the conditioning of our people to be active and willing participants in the global hell that is being created for us is primarily instilled at school with no History or Religion the only driving force our people wil have is money, by the time, if ever they realize what is happening they wil be so much intertwined in the system that they won’t be able to leave the system or won’t want to leave the system. The former because of debt, the later because of success. I don’t want to sound paranoid but in my opinion that in essence is the system planned for us

Any thoughts?

RoyBatty
Wednesday, July 15th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I agree. The New World Order is using multi-pronged assaults against our societies. I'll elaborate on some of Grimners comments.

A few examples include:

- Usary to get us into as much perpetual debt as possible through the manipulation of the housing market and the availability of easy credit and pervasive advertising to consume consume consume. The sheep of society (the majority in other words) are simply unable to resist the temptations of living beyond their means while even the responsible ones are caught in the snare through nearly unpayable housing costs.

- The destruction of cultural bonds and roots in our societies through attacks on religion, attacks on traditions, the deification of mass culture and multiculturalism

- Liberal brainwashing and social engineering which is now being heavily applied in countries like the UK and US and is also spreading elsewhere. Children are targeted and programmed with social engineering instruction sets and by the time they exit the school system most will be enslaved without even realising it.

- The attacks against the family unit. This one is a particular favourite of the NWO. Why? Simply because families are the basic building blocks of nations.

By destroying the family bonds and making it dysfunctional it becomes much easier to fill the spiritual void in people with liberal programming and claptrap. People forget their roots, their culture, their heritage. They fill it with consumerism, greed and generally shallow and disposable values. When families break down, it leads to social problems within local communities. Once enough local communities are infected, the problem becomes national and once the whole nation is infested with dysfunctional segments of society the job has essentially been accomplished.

- The promotion of alternative values with particular emphasis on homosexuality and multiculturalism. In the Politically Correct European Paradise "ethnic minorities", pedophiles, homosexuals, feminazis and general criminals and chancers are the State's "most protected and valued" members of society. These people tend to receive special, preferential and lenient treatment from the State's institutions.

Bittereinder
Thursday, July 16th, 2009, 06:38 AM
I could not agree more with RoyBatty, this is the single biggest reason why we need to try and lure more possible worthy converts to Skadi, who knows a drip and a drab today, a raging torrent in the morrow. I don’t think canvassing on the street wil suffice but we need a strategy maybe some Varsity students in some historical or law courses might be a good place to start looking we might even save a few from becoming complete mindless drones.

blackbird
Saturday, July 18th, 2009, 07:40 AM
It is mostly the weak and the dum that runs after spooks to save themselves.A lot of our people are still living in the dark ages and haven`t moved to a higher level of awareness and with all the chemical poisons they giving us in everyday I don't think most of them will be able to get out of that level to a higher one.

White Africa
Monday, July 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I agree about Boerevryheid and the religious nuts. But I don't think it hurts advertising either. I found Skadi via boervolk.com. A forum was advertised there which no longer seems to exist here, about the Afrikaner Volkstaat.

I'm not an Afrikaner, but could I suggest installing an Afrikaans language interface for the forum? Boerevryheid has one, and maybe that would make Skadi more appealing to Afrikaners. Just my thoughts.

Stormraaf
Sunday, October 25th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I don’t think canvassing on the street will suffice but we need a strategy maybe some Varsity students in some historical or law courses might be a good place to start looking we might even save a few from becoming complete mindless drones.

Students may fall within the larger group of what we may call the educated middle class, which is a good target audience, being the group more likely to (want to) engage in discussions on social and political topics. I wouldn't exclude a plumber with a passion for history or language from this group either.

Though I don't think advertising wherever could really hurt us, you probably wouldn't find Afrikaners such as the above-mentioned on Stormfront or the various Boer fora we've been bashing. They're probably more likely to place a comment on a news site every now and then.

Grazy
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010, 10:33 AM

Dagna, my I refer you to a website that you may find interesting to have a look at. Actually two sites now as a new one was started for America also.
You will be very welcome there to post news.
Africancrisis.com, and Americancrisis.com. There only "reality" counts, not that a few battles get generated sometimes, but even that can be very a learning curve to some.

The logic at the time (and imo it was a good idea) was to use OvJ as a base to combine as many reputable Afrikaner interest organisations as possible in one central location. Boerevryheid was initially included but anyway.... too much bickering and bad blood put an end to their participation. Can't help but to be skeptical about what they're trying to achieve or what their real agendas areJa well, if three Afrikaners stand together and two of them agree on something, one did not listen.

They also stood together only once in the history. That was the prisoners of war in the Anglo Boere war. On the ship to St Helena they had to stand because there was no place to sit.

Rächer
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010, 11:49 AM

Christianity will be their downfall in the end.

Horagalles
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010, 05:07 PM
...There is a strong faction of Afrikaners who are belonging to a religious sect called Christian Identity (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikip edia.org%2Fwiki%2FChristian_identity). Indeed, it is rife among Afrikaners, I am sad to say. So rife that Stormfront even opened a "theology" subforum for them to discuss their things. They take every word in the Bible as the literal truth, it is often embarrassing to read that stuff.I don't think it's rife, the selfstyles Israelites are just louder in their missionary zeal then others. And of their stuff is so outlandish, they got to be remembered for this. While you also get the more sober, civilized types, some "Israelites" are indeed an embarassment. One group is calling itself "daughters of Zion" and they are merely middle aged men with full beards;).

I for my part just leave them be, since convincing them of something that makes sense is rather time-consuming and get's boring after a while.

Students may fall within the larger group of what we may call the educated middle class, which is a good target audience, being the group more likely to (want to) engage in discussions on social and political topics. I wouldn't exclude a plumber with a passion for history or language from this group either.There might even be a need for "grown up" education of people that didn't have the opportunity, when they were younger. Some plumber in his late 40s that made his money via a succesful business, might be the ideal target audience. It's just not "in" as to now. These types prefer their spare time with their boat and family at the dam, but it can still change. With you college kids of middle class background you just might have the people you want, while I must say that many persons of less intellect are part of the middle class nowadays.

Though I don't think advertising wherever could really hurt us, you probably wouldn't find Afrikaners such as the above-mentioned on Stormfront or the various Boer fora we've been bashing. They're probably more likely to place a comment on a news site every now and then.I'm not sure, but some of those people are quite educated and intelligent. Of course not all, It's just that more flat brains have at least matric those days. And that enables them to type stuff on the internet via their home PC. Spam attacks on news sites can get you some mass audience. I just prefer targeting the more deep thinking intelectuals, which are maybe less then one percent of the population.

Nachtengel
Thursday, April 29th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I swear each time I look at a new member's profile, in two out of three cases it's an Afrikaner. :D Am I the only one who noticed? I'm guessing the racial tensions in South Africa awakened and angered many white people and therefore the huge number of registrations. What's your story? Could the situation in reality overturn too, and the nationalist scene rise in support?

Oh, maybe we could also see an 'invasion' of Flemish since Belgium is recording a downfall?

Oxygen
Thursday, April 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I was thinking the same thing last time I logged on and I would like to say how great it is to see so many SA members on Skadi :thumbup

SpearBrave
Friday, April 30th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I to have noticed this and also from the US where race politics are in play. All I can say is welcome.:thumbup

frippardthree
Friday, April 30th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I do not know a lot about South Africa, but I am under the impression that the people there are getting very sick of living under the conditions that Nelson Mandela has created. From what I understand is that his leadership has been mostly Black Supremacy, Communism, violence, and a very poor economic policy.
I have been under the impression that Mandela is a liar in the mold of Castro, Che, Newton, Mao, and Malcolm X.

Excerpt Below Retrieved From:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090310093429AASNWyP

The problem is that Mandela, apart from having a likeable personality, has achieved next to nothing in his relatively short political career which saw South Africa rapidly decline to the status of the world's most violent and crime-ridden country, and, to add to the confusion, his greatest friends are communists and dictators like Fidel Castro, Moammar Qaddafi, Yasser Arafat and Saddam Hussein. His ex-wife Winnie Mandela, whom he quickly jettisoned when it became clear she was a considerable embarassment to his political career, is a self-confessed advocate of terrorism and violence and has even committed murder.

In his public statements and speeches Mandela is always critical of the democratic countries of the west, but has nothing but praise for the remaining communist dictatorships of the world. He condemns mistakes and controversial policies of the west, but refuses to publicly condemn the genocides and brutal repression of current or former communist countries; he is supposedly a "champion of freedom and democracy", the "hero of oppressed people everywhere" but considers dictatorships like Cuba and Libya shining beacons of freedom and justice...

While in America Mandela also made public statements that amounted to support for violence and terrorism in the furtherance of political aims. In a speech in Harlem, referring to four Puerto Rican terrorists who shot and wounded five US Congressmen in 1954, he said:

We support the cause of anyone who is fighting for self-determination, and our attitude is the same, no matter who it is. I would be honored to sit on the platform with the four comrades you refer to.
Suitable "comrades" for Mandela indeed. He was himself originally incarcerated, not for his political views, but for involvement in 23 different acts of sabotage and conspiring to overthrow the government. He and his fellow conspirators of the ANC and the South African Communist Party were caught by the police while in the possession of 48,000 Soviet-made anti-personnel mines and 210,000 hand-grenades!*

Continued.........:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090310093429AASNWyP

Hamrammr
Friday, April 30th, 2010, 09:48 AM
There definitely is a growing support for nationalism as well national-socialism under our people. I believe that we came to realise that everything have been decaying in our country but we just accepted it for far too long. We enjoyed a quite good if not high standard of living(Very much like that in America) with regards to the material, and were blinded by it. I guess we became accustomed to living like this and unfortunately became like frogs in a pot of water. When the water is heated gradually the frog would just stay in the pot swimming around in the slowly heating water, but when you put the frog in a pot of hot water it will jump out immediately. The pot have been slowly heated since '94 and we kept swimming but under the current government some boiling water has been added suddenly, and we are starting to jump out.

YsterNel
Friday, April 30th, 2010, 10:11 AM
As an Afrikaner, I decided to see if people around the world knows what is going on in our land, the truth is that we are dying out by our hundreds, by the hands of black people of the new generation, free black South-Africans. Young black people born free. Reverse racism is being force upon us and it is hell living in such a medium, but we are tough, always have been, and we will fight if the time comes. We always have.
Life is beautiful, but people maker it less attractive, yet, I am not here to moan like a depressed woman, I am here to meet Germanic people.

The land was wild when my ancestor came to its shores, here where I am sitting today was dense bush, they had to chop a life for themselves here because of their religious beliefs, I often go in the bush tracking and watching game, and understand the deep love for this land the magic of the African air, paid for in our blood.
But never has Mandela and his hordes paid for it as we Afrikaners did, people not knowing our short and bloody history will not understand us well, and I do not blame them, but we are not a people crying and moaning over nothing. It is not easy to see your country go down the drain, by your communist government, and we feel ashamed of what they do and do not do, we have worked hard to build things up and now nothing, everything these people touch turns to nonsense!!!
We were the rulers off our land and , yes, mistakes were made, Huge ones at that , but never like this never.
Look at Zuma, now really, is that the best the ANC had, really????
No wonder the World believe we are idiots, I do not blame people for not coming here?
I wouldn't, especially if I had no friend here, because friends you need, when visiting because you are an target without any.

Be glad we are here dear friends, we have gone through a lot to keep the Germanic race in Africa pure, and that we did visit our Afrikaans schools and you will see well behaved children with friendly faces majority blond or blondish children.
Alright, not all of course, my ancestors were French so my four children has dark brown hair.
These things do change and the media are trying to really brainwash our children to mix breed with blacks and, here especially,with brown people, and we see that more and more.
By example of our president Jacob Zuma, people even take more than one wife and before long we will have buy our wives from their fathers and families, wives, which will make then our property.
You can clearly see that we are moving backwards not forwards into the future.
So to conclude, it is nice to see that here, we can speak as equals. Both male and female evenly important and respected. Thank you, friends.

Rooikat
Friday, April 30th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Welcome to Skadi YsterNel, the Afrikaners are surely growing in numbers. The deaf and blind mainstream brainwashed Afrikaners are finally coming to their senses. Slowly but surely.

RoyBatty
Friday, April 30th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Ysternel, bring you vriende :D :thumbup

Gerhardt Maritz
Monday, May 3rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
You are absolutely right Todesengel.
I am one of them and apart from the fact that I am sad about what is happening to my kinsman (read fellow white Afrikaners) I fear for, not if, but when things get worse. The thing is that the white man is not wanted in Africa and the sad thing is that the Afrikaner in South Africa has NOWHERE to go. South Africa, or to sound politically correct, part of it is their country and has been since 1652.
We are in big trouble and are complete on our own. The bad thing is that we are outnumbered 12 to 1 and counting. May God protect us.

jusjen
Tuesday, May 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Sorry guys - but yes another afrikaner just registerd - hi all great to see fellow boere on the site.

RoyBatty
Tuesday, May 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Sorry guys - but yes another afrikaner just registerd - hi all great to see fellow boere on the site.

Welkom hierso :)

Be Counted
Wednesday, May 5th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I just discovered this site a few minutes ago.
Looks like a good place to be.

KrygervirGod
Wednesday, May 5th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Hi, and yet another boer. Have to say, love what I have read sofar.

Stormraaf
Wednesday, May 5th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Today's Newest Members list (thus far) does indeed look like an "Afrikaner invasion" of sorts (Afrikaner newcomers highlighted):

Welkom aan die nuwe lede. :)

VitkiValkyrie
Monday, June 7th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Dit gee my so 'n warm gevoel om te ontdek dat daar nog baie van ons mense is wat getrou is aan ons suiwer Germaanse afkoms. Dinge is nou rof in die land, maar onthou ons geskiedenis - ons het nog elke keer uit die stof opgestaan. Ek is bly ek het Skadi forum gevind, dit maak my trots om met mense te gesels wat trots is op ons beskaafde, edel herkoms.

Germaan
Wednesday, June 9th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I see more revolutionary minded Afrikaners/Germanics on Skadi than reactionary/right wing type people. It is inspiring to see Afrikaners joining a forum because of racial awakening and not simply because they need an emotional outlet for their frustrations.

RoyBatty
Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I see more revolutionary minded Afrikaners/Germanics on Skadi than reactionary/right wing type people. It is inspiring to see Afrikaners joining a forum because of racial awakening and not simply because they need an emotional outlet for their frustrations.

Ja die enigste hoop is dat mense wat darem effens verstand het begin organiseer onder ons en dat ons al hierdie klein 1 of 2 man / vrou organisasies kan begin saamsnoer onder een vaandel.

- Die dwarstrekkery moet einde kry.

- Ons moet van ons ou bagasie (sogenaamde "intellektuele" klas linkse Afrikaners), verraaier politieke figure ens. ontslae raak.

- Ons moet dit vatsoenbaar maak om regs / konserwatief en trots op ons herkoms te wees. Terloops, hier bedoel ek nie regs soos in die ou "Konserwatiewe Party" of hansworse soos die AWB nie. Ek bedoel met "regs" dat ons n Nasionaal Sosialistiese beleid volg waar Afrikaner / Boer natuurlik ons nasionale en kulturele identiteit is.

- Ons moet eise om "omverskoning" vir die verlede te vra verwerp, veral wanneer dit afkomend is uit die tipiese oorde (Jode, kamme-liberales ens).

- Ons moet ons taal en kultuur meer aggressief verdedig teen aanvalle in die media en deur mediafigure (wat gereeld sg "Afrikaanse" figure insluit).

- Ons moet ons geld die praatwerk laat doen deur waar moontlik nie n sent te spandeer op ons vyande se ondernemings nie. Dink hier veral aan Nasionale Pers / M-Net ens.

Rooikat
Friday, June 18th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Nagpers kry nie een fokken sent van my af nie, nog minder enige swart ekonomiese verkragtigings maatskappy nie.

Untersberger
Friday, June 18th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I know many white South Africans are coming to Australia as a new closer style alternative to call home and many mostly re-settle in and around Perth, Western Australia although Adelaide and surrounds is also naturally attractive for many others because of its very strong and direct Prussian/Germanic heritage.

The reasons for this mass exodus are all so obvious and they will indeed find a safe haven here and as much as they love their homeland it is a wiser choice to emigrate to Australia for their children rather than chance the obvious self destructive future that lies ahead even more within South Africa.. The lush green orchards are slowly turning to desert wilderness - so to speak..

When this World Cup attention is long gone and over I speculate an even faster decline than ever before and if anyone feels more optimism as a result of the World Cup being held there please write your reasons why ??

Zuma has a history that will write the future while he is any kind of leader of a once great nation..

Gary in TX
Saturday, June 19th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I think that it's awesome that so many South Africans are coming to this forum.

I was under the impression that the Boers and the English Settlers of South Africa were going to end up going the way of the White Rhodesians from the huge number of farm murders, the rush to leave by some White South Africans and because of the policies of the Black run government. :(

I'm glad that many do not give up so easily. Still.....I wish we could trade the Blacks around here for the White South Africans there, but I'm sure that most wouldn't want to leave their homeland.

Gerhardt Maritz
Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I am one of those that left SA for safer pastures. I have 3 kids and I needed to make sure that they will not grow as second class citizens in the country of their forefathers. I could have lived it out in SA if me and my wife were there alone. The fact that I am sitting in Ireland do not mean that I have turned my back on my countrymen. All of us that were so fortunate to be able to immigrate has a responsibility to those who can not leave. We need to tell their story. We need to stay informed as to what is happening in SA and publicise those atrocities in our new domiciles. We should support organizations like PRAAG and we need to assist our brethren that wants to leave by giving them relevant information and be prepared to help them should they be forced to leave in a hurry. The grass is'nt greener on the other side but it is nice to see so very, very few black faces.

The Aesthete
Monday, June 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
I was recently in a country town in Australia and I saw a big burly bloke driving a ute with hay on the back and he had the old South African flag on the ute. I know many do not like the idea of leaving but if I had kids like Gerhardt I would certainly leave and head for OZ. I think any white South African would like life in an Australian country town as they are mostly rather untouched by multiculturalism and they can own and work the land. We need farmers here as the younger generations do not really think of it as a glamorous occupation unfortunately.

piet
Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Hi All

It's nice to chat with like-minded people on Skadi forum and also nice to know that we have bretheren from accross the world that think like us and have the same values and principles as we do. I believe that most people that register on this forum feel strongly about their ancestral roots and are proud of it, I am. I salute you all.

Regards
Piet

Ingvaeonic
Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010, 10:35 AM
I was recently in a country town in Australia and I saw a big burly bloke driving a ute with hay on the back and he had the old South African flag on the ute. I know many do not like the idea of leaving but if I had kids like Gerhardt I would certainly leave and head for OZ. I think any white South African would like life in an Australian country town as they are mostly rather untouched by multiculturalism and they can own and work the land. We need farmers here as the younger generations do not really think of it as a glamorous occupation unfortunately.

Den groda is right: I'm sure many South Africans would like rural life in Australia, too. And we certainly need farmers here before the Chinese buy up everything and there's nothing left to farm.

Nooitgedacht
Saturday, February 26th, 2011, 09:29 AM
When the numbers are against you, you retreat and start again. It is better to stay alive than to die in a futile confrontation in SA.

I too left SA. Safety yes, but my son is getting a first class education in a safe environment.

Oz is great and I don't mind working hard and paying taxes, because I can see how the Oz government is giving back to me. Good roads, education, government, etc. I still say that the Oz national anthem should be "Ozzies don't know how lucky they are"

If only the Oz govt knows how incredibly difficult it is to get in so that we can do our part, they would do something about it.

Thanks for Skadi - my new "Homeland"

Schattenjäger
Saturday, February 26th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I would certainly like to see "afrikaner invasion of Germany" :D The most proper place for Afrikaners to stay...

Neophyte
Saturday, February 26th, 2011, 11:10 PM
No, not Germany. Here in Sweden we have much more space.

See, we nationalists are not at all against immigration. :)

OscarTurner
Monday, February 28th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I understand Sweden has been invaded by somalians and other african trash - 30% plus of the population have become dark and they even have seats in parliament. Do I want to go there? - No! But if the Swedish government could get rid of them, I would gladly go there. On the other hand, Germany - my choice to emigrate to - has the same problem. There the population has been diluted by fifteen million who have strong connections with Muslims/Turks and cannot be assimilated because they just don't want to accept the German culture - which to me is fine because then they can be identified more easily and it would make it easier, at some point in the future, to get rid of them. Who in his right mind wants a mixed race in the heart of Europe - especially if they go around calling themselves Germans?

I have been trying to get a German passport, which I am entitled to, for the past two years but boulders are put in my path at every point. Turks and other trash find it very much easier to get into Germany via the backdoor than I do. Not to mention the advantaged, and always suffering race who get German citizenship at the drop of a hat and never have to give up all their other citizenships.

If you are a German living in another country and wish to get back to your roots, the bumper sticker I saw years ago comes to mind: Life is a bitch, and then you die.

Schattenjäger
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
Here's what you can do: find some other EU country (there's plenty of them) and obtain citizenship from them. Then you can move to Germany seamlessly. ;)

lewevanhoop
Sunday, March 27th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I am not a Boer but i do admire you guys greatly and am learning the language and hope to see the Volkstaat with in my lifetime.