PDA

View Full Version : English Folk Church & Anglo Saxon Anglicans Sites

The Dragonslayer
Monday, November 10th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I came across these two links recently. Has anyone ever seen these before? If not, check them out. Any thoughts on what this guy is trying to do? Thanks.

http://aelfwer.tripod.com/

http://anglosaxonanglicans.org/

Anfang
Monday, November 10th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Do you think this is something that might work for you?

(The anglosaxon anglican church)

The Dragonslayer
Monday, November 10th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Do you think this is something that might work for you?

(The anglosaxon anglican church)

I was wondering about it. I attended the Episcopal Church for a number of years once I became an adult. I actually loved the service itself. The music was amazing. I do have an interest in Anglicanism. I'm not happy at all with the Anglican Communion today though. I just couldn't continue to attend the Episcopal Church with all that's been going on. Right now I don't attend any specific church. I am drawn to the more liturgical forms of Christianity. I did think this sounded interesting. I wasn't sure if anybody else had ever seen this or not.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Sunday, April 22nd, 2018, 06:02 AM
I am pleased to report that both links are working. The aim is very noble and reconciles my Heathen-Christian struggle to a degree. Like @The Dragonslayer, I too bear mixed feelings toward Protestant Anglicanism, being the main Visible Church expression of my family since the 17th century. I feel helpless to do anything but make a fuss and embarrassment in the Sunday service, so Methodism works as a suitable substitute. Unfortunately, the same cancer cells are present here too. I get the feeling that the New England Puritans, Baptists and Quakers had it figured out that long ago. The problem is, that Puritans lost the battle for the Anglo-Saxon soul as they existed in England and Britain, so to New England and America their domination was assured. The Church of New England is a republican version of the Episcopal Church, being attached to Oliver Cromwell rather than Charles Stewart. Anglicanism didn't always adhere to episcopacy, because Presbyterianism was official in the 1650s.