PDA

View Full Version : Intervening with Nature's work for commercial reasons, one more time

Blood_Axis
Wednesday, October 17th, 2007, 02:36 PM
WTF is this (http://www.message-plant.com/index.html), now?! :eek

http://www.message-plant.com/images/tcotta_pot_home_238x319.gif

Need a gift? Tired of giving the same old jewelry and chocolates? They'll know your love is growing strong when you give the Amazing Message Plant.

As the plant grows, your very own customized message appears on the bud. Watch your loved ones delight when they realize their gift is not only a cool plant, but also sprouts a message specifically for them, from you!

Just think of the possibilities: A dinner party with Amazing Message Plant favors customized for each guest... A corporate promotional item with your company logo actually on the plant... :eek Or an outdoor wedding with a bed of Amazing Message Plants saying "Philip Loves Maria"... the creative possibilities are endless!

Give the Amazing Message Plant to someone special today!

:thumbsdow

Pørdy Mountain
Wednesday, October 17th, 2007, 03:50 PM
How utterly stupid. "We should really make plants with messages imprinted on them, people will love it" - Sadly, some do. :thumbsdow

"My husband kept saying how much he loves me. Now I really believe him."
— Martha T...Knoxville, TN

Gaaah.. reminds me of the valentine cards-hysteria. If someone had given me a plant, I'd be delighted, if it suddenly started to show messages on it, I'd give it back. (Or try to pass it off as a magic plant.. whichever mood I'm in..)

Blood_Axis
Wednesday, October 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Imagine being given a Toyota or Sony Erricson plant... :rolleyes: Gods forbid.

Willow
Wednesday, October 17th, 2007, 08:41 PM
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!! Typical of this consumerist society, that they get BORED with giving/receiving flowers/plants and chocolate, and so they have to devise something else, to stop people getting BORED, some lttle gimmicky thing.
Personally, i love plants, and getting one as a gift too, although that never happens :~( but why would i want some stupid damn message on there too?!
Some people are so SAD.
Who is devising these things? Is this what people with botany (?) degrees are doing?