PDA

View Full Version : The horrific truth about bottled water

Blutwölfin
Sunday, July 22nd, 2007, 01:38 PM
As many of you probably already know, bottled water is actually exactly the same as the water that comes out of most taps, in quality, taste, appearance - basically everything except price.

This video (http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=fm2rs397jo) exposes just how ridiculous this situation is.

Enlil
Sunday, July 22nd, 2007, 04:13 PM
Most parts of Sweden has one of the cleanest, healthy and mineral rich water in the entire world. Still, people here drink bottled water, often transported from places like France or wherever. It makes me sick.

Last year the city of Gothenburg launched a campaign where they, free of charge iirc, distributed bottles with labels saying "Tap Water from Gothenburg", aiming for people to re-use the bottles.

Gorm the Old
Monday, July 23rd, 2007, 04:10 AM
The truth is that it is NOT fluoridated. Here in Connecticut, our drinking water has been adulterated with sodium fluoride "as a public health measure". Ostensibly, fluoridation combats dental caries. Actually, it damages the enamel of children's teeth.

I asked my dentist long ago "If fluoridation works, how come you're still in business ?" His reply was "Because it doesn't work." So much for a "public health measure."

Fluoridation of public water supplies is a pretext to get rid of a toxic by-product of the refining of aluminum . Before some genius thought of putting it in our drinking water, the only uses for sodium fluoride were as an etching agent for glass and as rat poison .

The bottled water which I substitute for our adulterated tap water comes from the same aquifer in Maine from which all of the well water in western Maine comes . A friend of mine in Sandy River River Plantation, ME, gets "Poland Spring" water right out of his cold water tap. I, alas, have to buy the stuff.

But, at least, it does NOT contain sodium fluoride. Thus, I deny myself my daily ration of rat poison !

Enlil
Monday, July 23rd, 2007, 11:56 AM
My dentist gave me a fluorine solution to gargle every night. Of course it works. I don't know exactly about the drinking water, but think about all the pollution let out by plastic bottles, that's not healthy for the kids neither.

Gorm the Old
Monday, July 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
@Enlil, I wasn't referring to fluoride solutions used as mouthwash or a gargle, though, pitting of enamel has resulted in many cases from the use of a fluoride mouthwash. I was referring to the involuntary mass medication of the public by fluoridation of drinking water.

You're probably right about the plastic bottles. Bottled water would be safer if packed in glass bottles.

Starbright
Sunday, September 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I won't let my kids drink tap water since the government poisoned our main reservoirs with flouride.

Frau
Sunday, December 23rd, 2007, 06:49 AM
Bottled water is a waste of money. It is basically tap water with added plastic chemicals. Go buy yourself a water filter. It is more inexpensive and healthier. :)

Fluoride is toxic. The reason it is put into toothpaste is to kill bacteria. There exists a few natural toothpaste brands without it. Yound children shouldn't be exposed to it. :(

ladybright
Sunday, December 23rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
Gerolsteiner mineral water from germany ROCKS. It helped my nausea in the first trimester. It is 'Mommies bubbly water' and has a plesent mineral taste as well as 8% of my RDA of calcium per 8 ounces.:D I agree that most bottled water is a scam. I live near the largest area of fresh water in the world. Why would I want to buy it instead of just drink filtered?

I do perfer to buy a bottle of water to soda if I am out and thirsty. I usually have a thermos or water bottle with me but not always.

Gorm the Old
Tuesday, December 25th, 2007, 02:58 PM
If fluorides were confined to toothpaste, I would not be concerned about them. There are, indeed, several excellent natural toothpastes which do not contain fluoride.

Unfortunately, there are many communities, and I happen to live in one of them, where fluoride has been added to our drinking water as a "public health measure." [nice place, though, otherwise].

Solutes, i.e. elements and compounds DISSOLVED in water, CANNOT be filtered out. Sodium fluoride, chlorine, and copper sulfate, all of which are added to our drinking water for various purposes, can NOT be removed by filters. [Some chlorine can be adsorbed by activated charcoal filters, but hypochlorous acid, produced by the reaction between chlorine and water, can NOT be filtered out.]

I oppose fluoridation of public water supplies for three reasons. 1. It is involuntary mass medication, of benefit, IF AT ALL, only to children. 2. IT DOESN'T WORK. Decades of fluoridation in my town have not significantly reduced dental caries. 3. Only about 10% of the fluoridated water is used for drinking and cooking.

The bottled water which I use, Poland Spring, is ground water derived from an aquifer, the recharge area of which is thought to be in the Presidential Range of New Hampshire. It contains NO fluorides of any kind.

This, of course, does not benefit the aluminum industry which struggled for years to dispose of a toxic waste product of aluminum refining, sodium fluoride, until someone discovered a novel use for it, namely to add a chemical which theretofore had been used only to etch glass or kill rats, to our drinking water, ostensibly to prevent dental caries in children, for which it has proven useless.

SmokyGod
Tuesday, December 25th, 2007, 04:27 PM
bwesides, isn't it a Communist plot?

:runaway

just a little Dr Strangelove for ya- back to your normal program now

Gorm the Old
Wednesday, December 26th, 2007, 03:47 AM
As Mr. Kitzel, on the old Jack Benny [radio] show used to say, "Mmmmmmmm, could be."

What puzzled and disturbed me about the adoption of fluoridation of the water supply in my home town about 50 years ago was that virtually all of the supporters of the measure were lawyers. I never could decide what was in it for them. However, I'm sure that there must have been SOMETHING. ;)

Nachtengel
Saturday, January 5th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Ever wonder what's lurking in your bottled water? Marketplace asked a lab to test five of the top-selling brands of bottled water in Canada, and microplastics were found in all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I75qa0kTeY4

The perception of bottled water being clean and pure is being challenged by a global investigation that found the water tested is often contaminated with tiny particles of plastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChHbZOTaXfc