PDA

View Full Version : Quiz: How Much of a Gardener Are You?

Blood_Axis
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
I posted this one (http://www.gotoquiz.com/how_much_of_a_gardener_are_you) on Skadi as well, but I expect to see higher scores around here :bub

Your gardening self-score is 42%.

You've done some gardening and you know some things, although you have plenty more to learn. If you'd like to do more, kick it up a notch!

:tree1: :tree22: :tree23:

Gorm the Old
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Your gardening self-score is 13%

Gardening isn't really your bag, is it ?

True. I have a BROWN thumb. Anything I plant DIES. :( I have a lovely, though small, garden in lieu of a front yard where grass would never grow. A lady friend of mine planted it and weeds it for me. I don't weed it myself because I don't know weeds from flowering plants which haven't flowered yet. I don't want to pull up something which is going to be beautiful later and for which I paid good money.

There is a fountain in the centre of the garden flanked by two "stone" benches. On axis with the fountain is a gazing ball to the south and a statue of Faunus on a Corinthian-styled pedestal to the north. [The catalogue called it a statue of Pan, but he's trying to blow INTO the ends of the pan-pipes rather than across them. :doh Pan knows better than that, so it must be the Roman Faunus.]

ladybright
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Your gardening self-score is 66%.
You're fairly knowledgable and probably are doing as much as you want. There's all sorts of gardeners, and you just putter about with what interests you.

Well I want to have somewhere I can grow plants in the ground but that is not an option at the moment.

Ulf
Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
Your gardening self-score is 74%.

This is a pretty serious passion for you, isn't it? You're out there, digging, amending, turning the compost, killing the bugs or even encouraging the beneficial insects. When you can't be outside because of weather, you're inside studying, diagramming, building, planning. You get everything out of your garden that you put into it, and probably soon you'll be scoring even higher on this quiz.
---
In due time I will have to garden for sustenance, so I better be good at it!

Gagnraad
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007, 01:11 AM
Your gardening self-score is 58%.

You're fairly knowledgable and probably are doing as much as you want. There's all sorts of gardeners, and you just putter about with what interests you.

Well, gardening have never been my thing, actually.

I'm more into trees or woods. So, naturally I picked up a bit about gardening when I went out to plant young trees/cutting down the old and sick ones. :)
(I bet that many of you didn't know that trees can have various types of cancer? ;))
So at school, trees became my favourite subject, although it's heavy work and my back couldn't take it (That's why I had to quit :()

freya3
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
my score was 38%...not much of one, though I do have a few rose and butterfly bushes that I LOVE :)

Northerner
Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Your gardening self-score is 91%.

The leader of the pack--that's what you are. You work at the nursery, sell your surplus at a road-side stand, and share with the neighbors. You're one of the ones writing the articles, leading the forums, arranging the plant-swaps, and teaching the rest of us what to do out there. (If you aren't, please come out of your shell. There are a lot of us who need your help!)

Well, I did grow up on a farm in a very rural area of southeastern Indiana (Jennings County).

nordicdusk
Saturday, May 26th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Your gardening self-score is 62%.

skyhawk
Sunday, June 3rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Your gardening self-score is 74%.

This is a pretty serious passion for you, isn't it? You're out there, digging, amending, turning the compost, killing the bugs or even encouraging the beneficial insects. When you can't be outside because of weather, you're inside studying, diagramming, building, planning. You get everything out of your garden that you put into it, and probably soon you'll be scoring even higher on this quiz.

Most of the answers I gave are from a period some 4 years ago when I created a beautiful garden and was busy maintaining it , then we moved house :doh , don't ask lol.

My passion for gardening has ebbed somewhat in the new garden , for a number of reasons , but I still select plants/shrubs to encourage wildlife..... bees, birds , butterflies etc

I think the intrinsic value of gardening to the gardener cannot be overstated imo ( provided one has the opportunity and time )

:)

Bridie
Monday, July 16th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Your gardening self-score is 75%.

:D

Galloglaich
Sunday, July 29th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Your gardening self-score is 66%.

My maternal grandmother's family were/are farmers imported from Deutschland and have been tilling Vinland soil for almost 300 years. Love of the soil is strong in my blood.

SuuT
Tuesday, July 31st, 2007, 01:11 AM
Your gardening self-score is 94%.

The leader of the pack--that's what you are. You work at the nursery, sell your surplus at a road-side stand, and share with the neighbors. You're one of the ones writing the articles, leading the forums, arranging the plant-swaps, and teaching the rest of us what to do out there. (If you aren't, please come out of your shell. There are a lot of us who need your help!)

:P

My primary love is 'True Tropicals'

Here are some favourites:

Angels Trumpet:

http://www.cavalier-landscaping.com/brug.jpg

Mandevilla:
http://www.summerwindsca.com/_ccLib/image/plants/DETA-1873.jpg

Allamanda:
http://www.bellewood-gardens.com/PR_Flower_Allamanda%20cathartica.jpg

Bromeliads:
http://fusionanomaly.net/bromeliads.jpg

(My favourite Palm) Canary Island Date Palm
http://www.treemart.com/assets/images/Sylvester1.png

Sigurd
Tuesday, July 31st, 2007, 02:00 PM
Your gardening self-score is 75%

Well...somewhat distorted by the fact that I don't do my own garden but had to adapt them to what we do at home. Therefore, at least 50% of that self-score goes to credit of my family. :D