PDA

View Full Version : $700 million proves Einstein was right!

Kith of woden
Sunday, April 15th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I wonder how much research Einstein did, and how much it cost?

Einstein was right: space and time bend .Fort the whole article http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2057529,00.html

Ninety years after he expounded his famous theory, a $700m Nasa probe has proved that the universe behaves as he said. Now the race is on to show that the other half of relativity also worked

Under his name in the Oxford English Dictionary is the simple definition: genius. Yet for decades physicists have been asking the question: did Albert Einstein get it wrong? After half a century, seven cancellations and $700m, a mission to test his theory about the universe has finally confirmed that the man was a mastermind - or at least half proved it.
The early results from Gravity Probe B, one of Nasa's most complicated satellites, confirmed yesterday 'to a precision of better than 1 per cent' the assertion Einstein made 90 years ago - that an object such as the Earth does indeed distort the fabric of space and time.

Gorm the Old
Monday, April 16th, 2007, 02:54 AM
This discovery administers a stinging rebuke to certain anti-Semites who have, for years, been disparaging Einstein's work. :haha

ladybright
Monday, April 16th, 2007, 03:43 AM
You are so right Egil. :lightbulb :P The proof is in the pudding or the multimilion dollor tests in tis case.

Ulf
Monday, April 16th, 2007, 04:58 AM
I could have told you he was right for $10, or a bottle of whisky. :runaway

I'm still amazed people doubt Einstein's works.