PDA

View Full Version : "Slavery"

Gagnraad
Sunday, March 25th, 2007, 01:29 PM
For a couple of months ago, I was a model, actually :P

And the theme was: Slavery In The Modern World - I guess you think it's something leftist now, but think again! :D

So, I was supposed to have a fucked up hair etc, enjoy!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/Gagnraad/slave1.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/Gagnraad/slave4.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/Gagnraad/slave3.jpg

I really look like a first-class asshole, don't I? :D

ambiorix
Sunday, March 25th, 2007, 11:58 PM
What were the photos used for?

Gagnraad
Monday, March 26th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Exhibition, actually :)

Outdoorsman
Monday, March 26th, 2007, 04:28 AM
I guess I don't get it.

Was there a deeper meaning to these photos?

Gagnraad
Monday, March 26th, 2007, 04:33 AM
I guess I don't get it.

Was there a deeper meaning to these photos?
I'm not sure what the photographer's meaning was, but to me, it's more like how modern slavery would look. I guess it's up to each and everyone to judge what you see.

nordicdusk
Monday, March 26th, 2007, 07:47 PM
You look real METAL in pictures 1 and 3 the way the photos have your eyes blacked out.

Weg
Monday, March 26th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Who's the "slave"? A Norge or?

Gagnraad
Monday, March 26th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Who's the "slave"? A Norge or?
Well, he's born in Norway, but IMO not a Norwegian ;) The photographer know him, but my impresion is that he's allright.

ambiorix
Tuesday, March 27th, 2007, 12:24 AM
He looks Indian to me.

enslaved1896
Tuesday, March 27th, 2007, 08:09 PM
These are really cool shots, btw. Love the hammer.

This is the kinda image I want one day.... minus the "slave".

ambiorix
Tuesday, March 27th, 2007, 09:39 PM
They are nice photos

Hersir
Tuesday, April 24th, 2007, 03:42 AM
You lost some weight by the looks of it:) I should start working out too:P

Edenkoben
Thursday, April 26th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Modern slavery, it seems to me, is being chained to radical consumerism with all the debt, auseinanderndriftenden and waste associated with it.

Respectfully, you look far less 'masterly' in these pics than in your avatar pic; I suppose we all look a little foolish when we try to master others and we look godlike when we try to master ourselves.

Maybe you need an agent :P

The Horned God
Friday, April 27th, 2007, 02:03 PM
It makes me slightly uneasy seeing these images.

It is good advice to always be suspicious of the motives of photographers and journalists, they can often be very cagey of even out right lie to you about what their agenda is.

As you know, any image can be interpreted in a number of different ways depending on the context in which it is set. As a model you always have to be able to trust your photographer not to let your image be taken and used to promote a point of view with which you do not agree or show you in an unflattering or unhelpful light.

One concern would be that these images might in theory be used to promote the idea that Norwegian traditionalism is somehow "evil" or anti-foreigner or has not moved on from the days when slavery was practiced, etc.

One would have to see the context that the finished work is used in before drawing any conclusion about whether these images are a positive or negative thing for all those concerned.

Huzar
Saturday, April 28th, 2007, 11:35 AM
One concern would be that these images might in theory be used to promote the idea that Norwegian traditionalism is somehow "evil" or anti-foreigner or has not moved on from the days when slavery was practiced, etc.

Hmmm......i've had the same idea. But, i suppose, it's only theory. Like you said, everyone sees what he wants to see.........