PDA

View Full Version : Your Training?

Huzar
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Tell your usual training (gym, run, martial arts, swimming) if you do

nordic_canadian_male
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2005, 11:46 PM
I've recently started training for boxing, I wanna start fighting amateur. I'm trying to get myself in great shape at the momment. I'm workingout three times a week-monday, wednesday, friday.

because i'm training for speed-power, more explosivness than strength, i've begun to cut my weight load.

every day I begin with

4* 3 minute rounds of skill development
4* 30 second punch out drills
1 more round of skill development
-i rest one minute between rounds.

I then move to weights. I only lift high intensity and for explosiveness.

monday I work my legs, hips, calfs, abbs

wednesday I work my back, biceps, triceps, forearms, neck

friday I work my chest, shoulders, neck, abbs

I then have another boxing session of:

2* 3 minute rounds of skill development
4* 30 second punch out drills
1 more round of skill development
-i rest one minute between rounds.

Finally I finish with a 2km run, which I finish in under 8 minutes.

This workout is just to prepare me for boxing, I will increase my running once I don't hate it so much. Running is important to lose body fat%, I wanna get down to about 4%, i'm not far-off tho. I also plan on skipping on off days, well as soon as the snow goes away. This is basically a 6 week program, i'm joining a gym at the end of that time period.

Huzar
Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, 12:22 AM
Thank for the first answer, Nordic Canadian.

My usual training, now, is so :

1)monday : gym= pectoral, shoulders, triceps.

2)wednesday : gym = arms, back

3)Friday : gym = alternate one of the previous programs

4)For the left days of the week i practice Jeet Kune Do (2 times a week + 1 time extra, alone).

5) Running = 3 times per week. 5 km.( 25 minutes)

In the complex a mix of run (3 times a week) martial arts(3 times a week) and gym (the same).

keltic_stijn
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Not in shape right now, but I already have to participate in competition in 2 weeks :(.

-day 1: 2 hours of cycling + fitness
-day 2 : one hour of cycling+ 40 minutes of running
-day 3: 1,5 hours of cycling+ half hour of running + running
-day 4: half hour of cycling + fitness
-day 5: running+ fitness
-day6: fitness
-day 7: cycling+fitness

Germanicus
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Not in shape right now, but I already have to participate in competition in 2 weeks :(.

-day 1: 2 hours of cycling + fitness
-day 2 : one hour of cycling+ 40 minutes of running
-day 3: 1,5 hours of cycling+ half hour of running + running
-day 4: half hour of cycling + fitness
-day 5: running+ fitness
-day6: fitness
-day 7: cycling+fitness
Please define "fitness". Do you mean calisthenics, gymnastics, weights?

Germanicus
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 08:44 AM
My current routine is boring and very basic but it gets the job done.

Mon, Weds, Fri: Run 5 miles in approximately 30-35 minutes

Tues, Thurs, Sat: 500 pushups (10 sets of 50 repetitions) 100 situps (1 set)

This routine keeps me slim, doesn't cost anything, and develops functional strength, speed and cardiovascular endurance. :thumbup

keltic_stijn
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Please define "fitness". Do you mean calisthenics, gymnastics, weights?
Just some regular push ups, sit ups and some weights training. Its not to gain massive amounts of muscles because that is worthless in the sport that I do.
Its just to keep me fit.

Germanicus
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Just some regular push ups, sit ups and some weights training. Its not to gain massive amounts of muscles because that is worthless in the sport that I do.
Its just to keep me fit.
Duathlon?

keltic_stijn
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 11:19 AM
cycling and cyclo-cross. Running is essential for cyclo-cross. Not really good for cycling. I just come out of a period of rest. But in a week I have to do 120 km in less than 3 hours :|, and I am not at all in good shape ;) . Today I am going to do a 120 km training because I will need it ...

Germanicus
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 03:09 PM
:|, and I am not at all in good shape ;) . Today I am going to do a 120 km training because I will need it ...
Buddy if you can do all that and consider yourself in bad shape then I must be a fat slug! I don't even like to drive 120 km!!! I can't even begin to imagine biking that kind of distance. The most i've ever biked was about
30 km and my butt stayed sore for 2 days....:-O

keltic_stijn
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Buddy if you can do all that and consider yourself in bad shape then I must be a fat slug! I don't even like to drive 120 km!!! I can't even begin to imagine biking that kind of distance. The most i've ever biked was about
30 km and my butt stayed sore for 2 days....:-O
if you know their are guys in my cathegorie who do 600-700 km in a week ... I know that It looks a lot, but time flies when you are on a bike. I just got home and I am not tiered what so ever :) . But it will take me at least 2 months to receive a good condition...

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, March 8th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Good! I hope you guys can get out there on those bikes and whip the shit out of Lance Armstrong. You don't know how sick I am of hearing his name. He is making a living out of shitting on the French at their own sport in their own country and being a big man in the USA for it. Personally, I think anyone one light of two balls must be on steroids to do what he does, so unless someone in Europe can do some serious drug testing, please continue to hump those hills until someone can whipe his name off the six o'clock news for me. Oh yes, Lance and his girl friend, the Negro-fuc---- Cheryl Crow.

Altruist
Tuesday, March 8th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I'm not very hardcore into working out, but I work my arms and stuff a few times throughout the week. Usually every second day. I just do some curls, military presses, shrugs (I guess you call them?), some sort of tricep excercise and some forearm things. I'm not very organized, but everyday second day I throw in some ab excercises and chest ones. The muscles are building, but maybe not as fast as they would be had I taken the time to organize a schedule.

keltic_stijn
Tuesday, March 8th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Good! I hope you guys can get out there on those bikes and whip the shit out of Lance Armstrong. You don't know how sick I am of hearing his name. He is making a living out of shitting on the French at their own sport in their own country and being a big man in the USA for it. Personally, I think anyone one light of two balls must be on steroids to do what he does, so unless someone in Europe can do some serious drug testing, please continue to hump those hills until someone can whipe his name off the six o'clock news for me. Oh yes, Lance and his girl friend, the Negro-fuc---- Cheryl Crow.
I have seen Lance Armstrong a few times, nut never talked to him. He deserves respect for what he does, and did. But I dont like his attitude at all ! He is so arogant ... . Now he want to win the Tour of Flanders :-O . I hope that a flandrien wins the race, like Peter van Petegem or sow or one of those new upcomming talents like Stijn Devolder!
About those steroids : I don't think they use that. Cyclist have to be very light and by using that u gain lots of weight. But I am pretty sure that he uses GenDoping, A kind of doping where they have no tests for ...
Overall, I am never going to be a top cyclist, 1 Not enough talent, and 2 not enough training ... :(

Draco
Wednesday, March 9th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Medicine ball and plyometric exercises. Crunches. Its actually fun, I never understood how people do all those reps of the same exercise. I cant give you a number, I just stop when I get tired, rest, start again, and stop when Ive had enough for the day. Jogging in warmer weather.

Pretty much just watch what I eat and try to stay active in the course of the day. Seems to keep me fit enough, I have no need for an athletic fitness level.

Fraxinus Excelsior
Wednesday, March 9th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Good! I hope you guys can get out there on those bikes and whip the shit out of Lance Armstrong. You don't know how sick I am of hearing his name. He is making a living out of shitting on the French at their own sport in their own country and being a big man in the USA for it. Personally, I think anyone one light of two balls must be on steroids to do what he does, so unless someone in Europe can do some serious drug testing, please continue to hump those hills until someone can whipe his name off the six o'clock news for me. Oh yes, Lance and his girl friend, the Negro-fuc---- Cheryl Crow.Wow. Anyway, recovering from testicular cancer to repeatedly win the Tour de France is more than I could say about myself or anyone else who spends all their free-time on internet forums bitching about crap we have no power over.

Draco
Wednesday, March 9th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Wow. Anyway, recovering from testicular cancer to repeatedly win the Tour de France is more than I could say about myself or anyone else who spends all their free-time on internet forums bitching about crap we have no power over.

Lance Armstrong also left his wife...the one who stuck by him and nursed him back to health for Sheryl Crow, whom he started dating only one month after divorcing from his wife.

Thats a pretty low thing to do.

That is why I cant stand Armstrong. He's just sleazy.

nordic_canadian_male
Wednesday, March 9th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Medicine ball and plyometric exercises. Crunches. Its actually fun, I never understood how people do all those reps of the same exercise. I cant give you a number, I just stop when I get tired, rest, start again, and stop when Ive had enough for the day. Jogging in warmer weather.

Pretty much just watch what I eat and try to stay active in the course of the day. Seems to keep me fit enough, I have no need for an athletic fitness level.

Plyometric exercises are becoming popular nowadays, the medicine ball is a very flexible piece of euipment too. A boxing buddy of mine throws his medicine ball(12lbs) against a concrete wall for rotational power, I might start doing the same thing.

Fraxinus Excelsior
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 03:08 AM
Lance Armstrong also left his wife...the one who stuck by him and nursed him back to health for Sheryl Crow, whom he started dating only one month after divorcing from his wife.

Thats a pretty low thing to do.

That is why I cant stand Armstrong. He's just sleazy.Yes, but I was referring to his physical accomplishments, which have nothing to do with him leaving his wife.

When someone beats him in the Tour de France, it will be because they are better at riding their little bikes, not because of their honor codes or anything else really important.

Draco
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Plyometric exercises are becoming popular nowadays, the medicine ball is a very flexible piece of euipment too. A boxing buddy of mine throws his medicine ball(12lbs) against a concrete wall for rotational power, I might start doing the same thing.

This is a good one.

Try and stand reasonably close to the wall, you dont want the medicine ball bursting on impact. Try and get it to bounce off at different angles, then move to catch it and throw it back, this adds an element of aerobic activity.

I use alternating throws (straight arm, underhand, sort of push it like checking a basketball, etc.) to keep things varied and interesting, but thats just me.

Its tiring! Have fun!

Draco
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Yes, but I was referring to his physical accomplishments, which have nothing to do with him leaving his wife.

When someone beats him in the Tour de France, it will be because they are better at riding their little bikes, not because of their honor codes or anything else really important.

Call me naive, but, I just would like to meet ONE famous athlete who isn't a morally devoid scumbag.

I don't think we have any America, maybe I need to follow foreign athletes?

Waarnemer
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 08:43 PM
About armstrong, many people think he is a great champion and so on but he isn't. The tour de france isn't the only bicycle competition in europe, armstrong only rides the tour de france, and his whole year he prepares for it while other guy's ride other competitions. A real champion like Eddy Merckx drove and won everything from the tour de france too the giro and the classics like the tour of flanders etc... This year he drove in flanders and let me tell you he was nowhere.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 05:20 AM
I am so sick of hearing about Lance Armstrong. The only reason the media pumps this guy us is that he is beating the French in their own race. The guy probably takes steroids--how do you account for the fact that he is better, now, with one testicle than before with two?

Jehan
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:42 PM
He's lighter now, therefore he's faster.:D

SC-Mann
Saturday, July 23rd, 2005, 11:52 PM
Currently its cardio 5-7 days a week (cutting), 3 days lifting. I have an elliptical machine and all the weights needed at home, I find it more relaxing and alot less hassle than going to a gym.

Blutwölfin
Saturday, November 4th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Please share your training schedule with us! How much/often you train? What exactly do you do?

I run 6 to 7 days per week for about half an hour to 40 minutes (between 8 and 10km each time), six to seven times a week I do light dumb-bell training for about 15 minutes, two times a week I do Pilates (about 45 min each), two times a week I do High Intensity Training (Kieser) and instead of sitting on the couch I prefer to stand on my stepper from time to time while watching TV. :)

nordicdusk
Saturday, November 4th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I play 5 a side soccer once a week and i used to run 4 times a week but my knees packed in a while ago so cant do that anymore.The only other exercise i get is mountain biking so apart from that im not very fit.

Ewergrin
Saturday, November 4th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I workout 6 days a week, averaging 70 minutes a day.

Each day is pretty much the same, with slight variations:

- 1 mile on the elliptical trainer (roughly 15 minutes, on average)
- 30 minutes circuit training (alternating cardio/strength stations)
- 100 Ab Lounges (5 minutes)
- Bowflex - various exercises for 20 minutes or so, depending on what day of the week it is

At least times a week I do 2 miles on the elliptical trainer. It really does a fantastic job kick starting your heart rate before a workout. I wear a heart rate monitor watch (Mio (http://www.miowatch.com/content/view/111/153/)), so I keep track of what my heart rate is and calories burned per workout.

Pellonpekko
Monday, November 6th, 2006, 11:13 AM
2 - 4 times per week martial arts (2x thaiboxing and 1 or 2 times more "free" training; Grappling, wrestling..etc) And atleast twice a week, i go for a jog and rope jumping for 30 mins. Now since it´s getting more cold, i might switch that jogging for swimming or perhaps skiing.

:fviking

Gagnraad
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I do not train :)

But I do however:
- chop wood regularly.
- Walk deep into the woods etc
- Help at the neighbouring farm(Heavy work)
- Etc etc.

So instead of doing training, I work and walk alot. But because I have laid myself beneath the blade, I must be carefull about what I'm doing.

Allenson
Tuesday, November 14th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I do not train :)

But I do however:
- chop wood regularly.
- Walk deep into the woods etc
- Help at the neighbouring farm(Heavy work)
- Etc etc.

So instead of doing training, I work and walk alot.

Sounds very familiar, mate. This pretty much sums up my exercise regime as well. :D

Gagnraad
Tuesday, November 14th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Sounds very familiar, mate. This pretty much sums up my exercise regime as well. :D
Great :D

But people such as me and Allen save alot of money by not wasting them on gym's, personal trainers etc. :)

Mathieu
Thursday, November 16th, 2006, 12:41 AM
I run 4-5 times per week, about 40 minutes each time. Other than that, I do 4 series of push-ups/abs 5 times per week. In summer I use my bicycle as much as I can (everyday), and I do alot of hiking. In winter, ski and skating, several times per week, for fun. This winter I plan to do regular expeditions in the snowy forest in raquette.

That's about it :)

saga
Thursday, November 16th, 2006, 03:00 PM
In addition to hiking, x-country skiing in the winter months and biking, I work out five days a week. I start out with fifteen minutes on the treadmill at a brisk pace (4.2 mph) on a serious incline. Then I head into the nautilus room and spend the next hour and fifteen minutes doing lat pull-downs, triceps, biceps, hamstrings, abs, back and squat stuff. At the end, I do the bench press but alas...I can only lift 65 pounds. At least consistently. One of the curses of being female, I guess. I love to move...there is no better way to relieve stress, in my opinion!

Ewergrin
Friday, November 17th, 2006, 01:00 AM
In addition to hiking, x-country skiing in the winter months and biking, I work out five days a week. I start out with fifteen minutes on the treadmill at a brisk pace (4.2 mph) on a serious incline. Then I head into the nautilus room and spend the next hour and fifteen minutes doing lat pull-downs, triceps, biceps, hamstrings, abs, back and squat stuff. At the end, I do the bench press but alas...I can only lift 65 pounds. At least consistently. One of the curses of being female, I guess. I love to move...there is no better way to relieve stress, in my opinion!

My workouts are an unbelievable stress reliever. When I am done, I am exhausted but at the same time I almost feel high from the endorphine rush. I've gotten to the point where if i have to miss out on a daily workout, my mood is poor all day and I feel awful, and I can't wait to get to the gym the following day to make up for the day I missed.

saga
Friday, November 17th, 2006, 01:15 AM
I've gotten to the point where if i have to miss out on a daily workout, my mood is poor all day and I feel awful, and I can't wait to get to the gym the following day to make up for the day I missed

Yes, I feel exactly the same. I currently take the weekend off, but I am considering going in on Sunday to eliminate the lag I feel emotionally and physically when I skip. Then, I imagine Saturday will be my "bad" day, lol. It's a social event as well as a mood lifter.

Walvater Wotan's Son
Friday, November 17th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I lift weights for 30 min to an hour and I skateboard for about 2 hours every day. When I can I go hiking/ rock climbing.

Spirit of Fire
Saturday, November 18th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Haven't worked out for months. I used to work out quite intensely, ut now I'm too depressed to do anythng so I sit in front of the computer or on the couch all day eating chocolates and ice cream ;(
Will resume workout when ikki arrives here.

Ausswolf
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
powerlifting 3 times a week at the moment. I've been working out almost 6 months doing various weightlifting routines. Ive dropped some fat and put on 10 kilograms of muscle, strength has increased Alot. I dont enjoy running/cardio, but am trying to do more hiking instead although its hard here in summer in 30C+ heat.

nordicdusk
Thursday, February 22nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
My sister has built a gym so i can use that when ever i want.This is great as it costs me nothing and im alone when i workout.Also i get to pick the music rather than listening to the pop rubbish they play in my local gym.I run for 30 minutes a night 4 nights a week and i play soccer one night a week which is an hour.I lift weights 4 nights a week also.I have really let myself go in recent times and its time to sort it out.Ill be 26 soon and i wanna look and feel good by then im trying to set a deadline so i keep going for it.Its also doing amazing things for my Panic attacks so the benefits are already starting to show.

Folkist
Saturday, May 12th, 2007, 07:01 AM
I run a mile and a half about 4-5 times a week and take a Kenpo class once a week. My Kenpo instructor's about to leave the country, so I'll probably be getting back into Boxing once a week. I haven't had a consistent weight-training schedule since I started working twelve-hour shifts, but I'll be trying to get back on one starting Monday. My workout schedule is in a state of flux right now.

Ulf
Monday, May 14th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I occasionally wrestle/box with my best friend, an Irishman, does that count as training? :D