PDA

View Full Version : Human Species 'May Split in Two'

Blutwölfin
Thursday, October 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42207000/jpg/_42207552_evolution4.jpg

Humanity may split into two sub-species in 100,000 years' time as predicted by HG Wells, an expert has said.

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

The human race would peak in the year 3000, he said - before a decline due to dependence on technology.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.

Race 'ironed out'

But in the nearer future, humans will evolve in 1,000 years into giants between 6ft and 7ft tall, he predicts, while life-spans will have extended to 120 years, Dr Curry claims.

Physical appearance, driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility, will improve, he says, while men will exhibit symmetrical facial features, look athletic, and have squarer jaws, deeper voices and bigger penises.

Women, on the other hand, will develop lighter, smooth, hairless skin, large clear eyes, pert breasts, glossy hair, and even features, he adds. Racial differences will be ironed out by interbreeding, producing a uniform race of coffee-coloured people.

However, Dr Curry warns, in 10,000 years time humans may have paid a genetic price for relying on technology.

Spoiled by gadgets designed to meet their every need, they could come to resemble domesticated animals.

Receding chins

Social skills, such as communicating and interacting with others, could be lost, along with emotions such as love, sympathy, trust and respect. People would become less able to care for others, or perform in teams.

Physically, they would start to appear more juvenile. Chins would recede, as a result of having to chew less on processed food.

There could also be health problems caused by reliance on medicine, resulting in weak immune systems. Preventing deaths would also help to preserve the genetic defects that cause cancer.

Further into the future, sexual selection - being choosy about one's partner - was likely to create more and more genetic inequality, said Dr Curry.

The logical outcome would be two sub-species, "gracile" and "robust" humans similar to the Eloi and Morlocks foretold by HG Wells in his 1895 novel The Time Machine.

"While science and technology have the potential to create an ideal habitat for humanity over the next millennium, there is a possibility of a monumental genetic hangover over the subsequent millennia due to an over-reliance on technology reducing our natural capacity to resist disease, or our evolved ability to get along with each other, said Dr Curry.

He carried out the report for men's satellite TV channel Bravo.

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6057734.stm)

Willow
Friday, October 20th, 2006, 10:13 PM
the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.

A tour of many areas of Glasgow would reveal that this 'underclass' is very much alive, well and breeding...!:O

Gorm the Old
Sunday, October 22nd, 2006, 01:12 AM
I agree. There is an appalling abundance of morlocks in the world already.

celticviking
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 02:00 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eRQ1aJ9uCeM/TFokdD7L9fI/AAAAAAAAC4E/FwxN4oO4t9U/s1600/uruk-hai.jpg

Sounds like Lord of the rings or 300 but this is what I found in the daily mail today lol.

The human race will one day split into two separate species, an attractive, intelligent ruling elite and an underclass of dim-witted, ugly goblin-like creatures, according to a top scientist.
100,000 years into the future, sexual selection could mean that two distinct breeds of human will have developed.
The alarming prediction comes from evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry from the London School of Economics, who says that the human race will have reached its physical peak by the year 3000.

These humans will be between 6ft and 7ft tall and they will live up to 120 years.
"Physical features will be driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility that men and women have evolved to look for in potential mates," says the report, which suggests that advances in cosmetic surgery and other body modifying techniques will effectively homogenise our appearance.
Men will have symmetrical facial features, deeper voices and bigger penises, according to Curry in a report commissioned for men's satellite TV channel Bravo.
Women will all have glossy hair, smooth hairless skin, large eyes and pert breasts, according to Curry.
Racial differences will be a thing of the past as interbreeding produces a single coffee-coloured skin tone.
The future for our descendants isn't all long life, perfect bodies and chiselled features, however.
While humans will reach their peak in 1000 years' time, 10,000 years later our reliance on technology will have begun to dramatically change our appearance.
Medicine will weaken our immune system and we will begin to appear more child-like.
Dr Curry said: "The report suggests that the future of man will be a story of the good, the bad and the ugly

H G Wells' Science Fiction novel The Time Machine (which was later adapted into two films - this picture is from the 2002 version) the human race has evolved into two species, the highly intelligent and wealthy Eloiand the frightening, animalistic Morlock (as seen in the 1960 film version of the classic book

"While science and technology have the potential to create an ideal habitat for humanity over the next millennium, there is the possibility of a monumental genetic hangover over the subsequent millennia due to an over-reliance on technology reducing our natural capacity to resist disease, or our evolved ability to get along with each other.
"After that, things could get ugly, with the possible emergence of genetic 'haves' and 'have-nots'."
Dr Curry's theory may strike a chord with readers who have read H G Wells' classic novel The Time Machine, in particular his descriptions of the Eloi and the Morlock races.
In the 1895 book, the human race has evolved into two distinct species, the highly intelligent and wealthy Eloi and the frightening, animalistic Morlock who are destined to work underground to keep the Eloi happy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-489653/Human-race-split-different-species.html

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_04/evolutionPA_800x326.jpg
Looks like a Northern Atlantid White person turning into a short Asian.

paraplethon
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 02:10 AM
Racial differences will be a thing of the past as interbreeding produces a single coffee-coloured skin tone.

This comes up alot - all it amounts to is conditioning. It is presented as a fait accompli, and in doing so is an attempt to render null and void any current discussion otherwise.

Sehnsucht
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 02:18 AM
And surely the genes of the ruling class would be of predominately European and East Asian ancestral origin. ;)

Hilderinc
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 02:31 AM
And surely the genes of the ruling class would be of predominately European and East Asian ancestral origin. ;)

It is more likely to be Semitic in that strange future.

Autosomal Viking
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 02:37 AM
I could have told you all that the human species will one day split into different species. This doesn't appear to be a very scientific article, as they used the misnomer, "the human race." On top of that, distinct human breeds have already evolved. They are called races or subspecies. The subspecies will continue to become more distinct and eventually different species, assuming we conquer the demon that is multiculturalism. This article is an example of politics adulterating science with its coffee-colored excrement.

Alfadur
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 02:42 AM
Indeed, the ruling class would be a race of European/East-Asian/Jew hybrids. (If I had to guess, they'd look approximately "Eurasian").

Not that I would ever identify with such a ruling class, in any case. It doesn't matter if they're superior to us on the average; they're not mine. Mass miscegenation will only cause more and more race-mixed hybrids, until there's enough of them to become their own race. This is what happened with the Mestizos. They'll begin viewing themselves as a racial group, distinct from other races, and thus a new racial equilibrium is formed. I suppose this is what the article's author is getting at, when he talks about a hypothetical master race of the future. They will be their own race, not mine. If there was a war, and I had to choose between fighting for these superior Eurasian hybrids, or my own inferior Scandinavians? I wouldn't hesitate to fight for my own people. In this case, emotional bonds override cold-blooded logic. That is the natural impulse for all sane people.

As for the whole "coffee-skinned master race" part, I seriously doubt it. Only a few intelligent negroes would ever be assimilated into this non-racist ruling class (how will they ever stay a "master race" if they're non-racist and breed dysgenically with blacks? That's a question the article never brings up); but the vast majority of negroes would be part of the dim-witted slave race.

I'd like to see Richard Lynn's (author of "Race and IQ") opinions on this article about the future mulatto aristocracy.

Autosomal Viking
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 03:16 AM
In this case, emotional bonds override cold-blooded logic. That is the natural impulse for all sane people.

I would not consider it illogical to fight for your hypothetically inferior people. Likewise, I would not conclude it immediately logical to fight for the brown people just because they're superior.

As for the whole "coffee-skinned master race" part, I seriously doubt it. Only a few intelligent negroes would ever be assimilated into this non-racist ruling class (how will they ever stay a "master race" if they're non-racist and breed dysgenically with blacks? That's a question the article never brings up); but the vast majority of negroes would be part of the dim-witted slave race.

The article suggests that they would use their reliance on technology and negatively select the bad genes, which would naturally be a lot of the negro genes. But perhaps they would still look partially negro, if the mixed-race people of the hypothetical future find that attractive. :shrug

But this future is not possible, since once I come to power, I am going to start ethnogenesis and positive selection toward the new American Germanic master race. ;)

Primus
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 04:55 AM

Like the spawn of Heidi Klum and Seal? Nice to know my eventual progeny a few centuries or millenia hence will look like Buckwheat.

http://images.2dayfm.com.au/2009/04/21/170315/ent-heidi-klum-seal-600x400.jpg

What an ugly half-caste child. Ick.

Frostbite
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 05:34 AM
No worries, with the way things are going the world will probably be destroyed by then. ;)

GroeneWolf
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 05:47 AM
I'd like to see Richard Lynn's (author of "Race and IQ") opinions on this article about the future mulatto aristocracy.

I have read a piece by him that deals with South-America and the Caribbean and the social hierarchy there. Which is a good piece to compare with this article. And it makes the entire coffee colored skin tone more a form of wishful thinking by the author then something based on reality.

Primus
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 06:23 AM
And it makes the entire coffee colored skin tone more a form of wishful thinking by the author then something based on reality.

A more likely muliculti future is that the darkys are cut out entirely and the future human master race is composed of Europids and Sinids, i.e. a Eurasian master race. :-O

I've got a net friend from China, more or less as pure Han Chinese, traditional Confucian, as can be seen- a person who looks down on Cantonese-speaking Chinese as being mongrels, hates Africans (due to being prone to crime, smelly, ugly, etc.), Muslims, etc. Whites, i.e. Europeans are the only race that is accepted as equal hahaha.

Alfadur
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 07:13 AM
I would not consider it illogical to fight for your hypothetically inferior people. Likewise, I would not conclude it immediately logical to fight for the brown people just because they're superior.
In the long-run, it's more logical to join the superior side and become one of them. If you're not one of the racial elite, you can always "breed up" and your posterity will evolve into one of them. If you can't beat their group, join them. That's what cold-blooded logic would dictate. But I wouldn't do the logical thing.

You're making the mistake of assuming "logic is good". Many times, it is. Other times, following logic can be a bad thing. In cases like this one, I'd rather follow my emotional bonds to my own ethnic group, than pure unemotional logic. In fact, the original point of Fascism was to assert emotions over soulless rationalism. (The Axis countries all had this emotion-based worldview, in stark contrast to the Allies who had materialistic systems.)

I've got a net friend from China, more or less as pure Han Chinese, traditional Confucian, as can be seen- a person who looks down on Cantonese-speaking Chinese as being mongrels, hates Africans (due to being prone to crime, smelly, ugly, etc.), Muslims, etc. Whites, i.e. Europeans are the only race that is accepted as equal hahaha.
That is pretty much the worldview of Sun Yat-sen, the founder of modern China. He had very ambiguous feelings towards Europeans, although he obviously respected their power while having contempt for all the darker races.

(Interestingly, the Chinese used to call themselves "the white race". Pale skin was highly valued in Imperial China, and the upper classes often whitened their skin. To them, dark skin color was a sign of utter inferiority. In fact, they didn't stop calling themselves "the white race" until the Europeans arrived on their shores. Although it was easy to make the mental jump into "the yellow race", since the color yellow has very positive associations in Chinese culture.)

Vintersorg
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
I have a much different idea as to the future of race and human evolution. don't know how many of you are familiar with Isaac Asimov's Robots and Foundation series but there is a planet there called Solaria which I think best represents the future of humanity. Just replace robots with mongrels, although I doubt they will work on the estates of whites. Whites, at least the ones with the means and the will to do so...the overwhelmingly majority will breed themselves into the brown sludge of mediocrity, will isolate themselves into very small enclaves throughout the world and evolve into something entirely different over the years due to genetic mutation from a lack of a genetically varied population as well as technology (trans-humanism) and eugenics. In the book, Solarians hardly ever communicate with other Solarians and dislike contact with people. The only time they meet is for reproduction, which has lost its humanity and become a mere scientific expedition.

I can just imagine bands of White stowed away in impenetrable fortresses high in the mountains or underground, completely removed from the world at large, evolving into super humans through the use of technology and eugenics and viewing those "outside" as being completely foreign and alien to them, as foreign and alien as we view animals of different species, for instance.

This all just theory but I think it has a few points that holds water, namely, the high exclusive and elitist nature of the European aristocracy.

Edgard
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
A more likely muliculti future is that the darkys are cut out entirely and the future human master race is composed of Europids and Sinids, i.e. a Eurasian master race. :-O

I think in Asia and Europe an elite of non race mixers will emerge. A pure Han is not going to want to breed with a European even if an equal. Look at Japan, race mixing is not big there. Breed with the negro and you decedents will be surfs lol

I think the barrier to this though is celebrity culture that allows blacks with no useful determinable talent or positive attributes to become high status. Football skill is not a good indication of suitability for mating.

The Aesthete
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Asians find us very physically attractive the Chinese are no exception.

However they are not so stupid as to pursue a policy of mass immigration and multiculturalism.

Primus
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
I think in Asia and Europe an elite of non race mixers will emerge. A pure Han is not going to want to breed with a European even if an equal. Look at Japan, race mixing is not big there. Breed with the negro and you decedents will be surfs lol

I think the barrier to this though is celebrity culture that allows blacks with no useful determinable talent or positive attributes to become high status. Football skill is not a good indication of suitability for mating.

China doesn't face the demographic crisis that Japan does. Japan, like other industrialized first world nations, suffers from the plague of "liberal democracy" that has largely turned its men into effeminate wimps and its women into fetish objects for every sex-obsessed cretin in the world. :~(

The Chinese aren't as hung up on race and ethnicity as Europeans and Americans tend to be, at least not in regards to whites. It might have something to do with Han ideas of physical attractiveness, i.e. they consider fair skin, height, long limbs, etc. to be indicative of personal beauty. What the Han value is more cultural than ethnic I suppose, hence the term Han chauvinism, which is downplayed by the government of the PRC.

Asians find us very physically attractive the Chinese are no exception.

However they are not so stupid as to pursue a policy of mass immigration and multiculturalism.

I think that the unspoken expectation is that a foreigner dwelling in China will assimilate to Chinese culture rather than continue to remain culturally non-Chinese.

There's a stanza from one of Mengtzu's poems that goes something like "A barbarian can become a Chinese but no Chinese will ever become a barbarian.":-O :thumbup The one lesson that can be learned is that the Chinese, like other high races and cultures, don't value mediocrity- yet mediocrity is exactly the new normal in the bizzaro world of the 21st century.

Neophyte
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 06:41 PM
I am really at loss for words. Apparently Dr. Curry is a reasonably intelligent and well-functioning academic, which is attested to by the fact that he is a PhD and associated with the University of Oxford as well as with the LSE. But still he manages to fail seeing the importance of the main driving force behind his arguments—technology—and implications that it will have in the years to come. As a matter of fact, I also think that he is way off in the timing of his predictions as I expect to see all this happening much sooner that he predicts.

The big mistake Dr. Curry makes is ignoring the fact that while technology and our reliance upon it will have an adverse effect on our immune system, we will also be able to use the same technology to improve that immune system. And the same goes for a lot of other biological systems in our bodies. My prediction is that we will be able to use genetic engineering and genomics to shape ourselves—and not just our progeny—to the image of our ideals. We will also be able to interface directly in different ways with technological solutions to make ourselves into cyborgs of one sort or another.

The important thing to realize is that through our use of and reliance upon technology we will be able to bypass evolution by natural and sexual selection altogether. What we will have instead is evolution through technology and will, and into technology. I see a future in which we will change the biological composition of our bodies through genetic manipulation and use technological implants and systems, like infrared cameras instead of eyes and hydraulic joints and artificial bones instead of a natural skeleton. And so on. Well, hardly even our imagination will set the limits.

So the evolutionary trends pointed to by Dr. Curry will not happen since we will most likely determine our own genetic and biological destiny independently of any “natural” processes.

If, or when, we split into different races the dividing line will be between those with access to this technology and those without.