PDA

View Full Version : MSN troubles

Pellonpekko
Wednesday, October 18th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Very strange and annoying problem occurred yesterday:

1. I cant log in with my current account.

2. I can log in with my current account to check emails and stuff. (to hotmail.com)

3. I can log in (to msn messenger) with my older account.

4. I cant log in with a new account i made.

Ive tried everything now. Installing it again and again, using windows restore points to go back to previous settings. Sent some feedback to msn too. Very strange and very annoying problem. Anyone else had similiar experiences? I tried to log in with Windows Messenger but it didnt work out either.

This is very annoying. Maybe i should try to delete that old account or something?

Any ideas?

Im using the newest Windows (no wonder its not working..) Live Messenger

:runaway

nickymuench
Wednesday, October 18th, 2006, 05:44 PM
A friend fo me have the same Problem too.
Take another MSN Version of Messenger. Which Version do you try? Maybe Windows Live Messenger? With that you`re not the only one who have some Problems.

Pellonpekko
Wednesday, October 18th, 2006, 05:56 PM
A friend fo me have the same Problem too.
Take another MSN Version of Messenger. Which Version do you try? Maybe Windows Live Messenger? With that you`re not the only one who have some Problems.

Yeah, Windows Live Messenger. "Good" to hear that im not the only one :/ Maybe i should indeed go back to MSN 7.5 or what ever it was. Hmmm..

nickymuench
Wednesday, October 18th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah, Windows Live Messenger. "Good" to hear that im not the only one :/ Maybe i should indeed go back to MSN 7.5 or what ever it was. Hmmm..

Yes try that or the trillian:)
With the trillian you have 3 Messngers in 1. I think its sure icq msn and the yahoo messenger? Its a god programm but you loose some Funktion in the Messengers. par example: to send Picture or become is than not possible.

Sigurd
Wednesday, October 18th, 2006, 06:13 PM
My messenger works, but then again I am using Webmessenger, since Uni computers won't let me install MSN proper....bla bla "could not continue with installation, not an Admin status..."

I am however talking talking to a few people at home who don't seem to have issues. You, PP, appear with a green dot beside your name, be the reason for it whatever it may be...

So strangely it seems to be a problem that happens with only certain people whilst others are not affected. I was going to say that it could be a Finnish problem, but since Nicky said that some of her friends are encountering difficulties, that too becomes close to impossible. ;)

Well, maybe check your internet settings or something like that, could be something to do with them. (then again I am not an expert. ;))

Pellonpekko
Wednesday, October 18th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Ive tried Trillian before. Didnt like it :P But hmm, MSN Web Messenger is working.. Hopefully there will be an update soon or something :x

ikki
Wednesday, October 18th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Ive tried Trillian before. Didnt like it :P But hmm, MSN Web Messenger is working.. Hopefully there will be an update soon or something :x

Hmm.. you have been popping in and out as we speak ;)
Logged in atm..

Pellonpekko
Wednesday, October 18th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Hmm.. you have been popping in and out as we speak ;)
Logged in atm..

Yep, MSN Web Messenger works :P

Oh well... This will work for now.