PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Whisky?

Blutwölfin
Monday, June 5th, 2006, 07:12 PM
"Whisky to a Scotsman is as innocent as milk to the rest of the human race"
- Mark Twain

Do you have a favourite Whisky (mind you: not Whiskey! I am speaking of Scottish Whisky only!)?

My favourites are Laphroaig (http://www.laphroaig.com/home.asp) and Glenfiddich (http://www.glenfiddich-whisky.co.uk/). Drunken of course without ice but with a good mild cigar. Perfect. :scotland

Eisenmann
Monday, June 5th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Bushmills & Johnnie Walker rule the world :D

Ewergrin
Monday, June 5th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Real men drink Vodka. :)

Gagnraad
Monday, June 5th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Bah, vodka is for sissies.
Where I come from(Trøndelag) We are famous for drinking home-brewed stuff which is about 96% alcohol. THAT is strong shit, and we drink that too often, sometimes with coffee.

Dunkeld
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 06:34 PM
If it comes to Whiskey, I prefer Tullamore Dew. :thumbup

If it comes to Whisky, I prefer Aberlour. :thumbup

:)

Wulfram
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Back in the day my idea of fancy drinking was The Dalmore. At around 70 bucks a bottle it better be.

Huginn ok Muninn
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 07:00 PM
a CIGAR? :|

I have an 18yo Macallan special reserve (or something like that) that is extremely good. My all around favorite right now is the 18yo Highland Park. Highland Park is distilled in Kirkwall, Orkney. Awesome stuff.

RoyBatty
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I have simple tastes. Jameson does me.

Bah, vodka is for sissies.
Where I come from(Trøndelag) We are famous for drinking home-brewed stuff which is about 96% alcohol. THAT is strong shit, and we drink that too often, sometimes with coffee.

But after diluting it with coffee it isn't 96% anymore, it's alcopops - as drunk by schoolgirls and ravers! :P

Huginn ok Muninn
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I have simple tastes. Jameson does me.

I like the 12yo Jameson as well, but don't call it "Scotch" to an Irishman. Irish Whiskey is distilled 3 times as opposed to twice with Scotch. Jameson is also a blend..

Freigeistige
Thursday, May 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM

I'm sorry to contradict you, but I prefer vodka because it's smoother and I cannot handle whisky/whiskey. Sorry.....

Frozen Ash
Friday, May 15th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Lagavullin if I'm in a fiery mood, or Cragganmore for a smoother finish.

A good Welsh whisky is Penderyn, for those interested: http://www.welsh-whisky.co.uk

Rassenhygieniker
Saturday, June 6th, 2009, 05:42 PM
No whisky for me, thank you.

Waldstein
Monday, June 8th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Ardbeg.

Grimsteinr
Tuesday, June 9th, 2009, 02:34 AM
As suits my age, I have learned many of my Favorites..........
I like Glen Morange,(sic spelling), for Whisky.
I'm partial the Jamisons Reserve, for Irish Whiskey.
I Love Jim Beam for Bourbon.
And, Padrone is great Tequila.
Crown Royal is a great Canadian Drink.
AALBORG is wonderful Akavit.
Tangeray is a great Gin.

I can spend some time with a couple old Friends, and sip the
evening away, as we talk of other places, old loves and better, or
worse times we've had.
Bottles are best shared.;)

Angus
Saturday, May 29th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Bushmills & Johnnie Walker rule the world :D

Ah Johnie Walker, you honestly cant get much better than that :D

my favorite is the Johnnie Walker Black. I havent had the others... yet

Bittereinder
Saturday, May 29th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Bell's

Glenmorangie

Chivas Regal

Johnny Walker

Scottish Leader

SpearBrave
Saturday, May 29th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Well I really like several so I will make a short list:

Woodford reserve
Knobcreek
*Rock Hill Farms single barrel
Bushmill's
on occasion I also like " knot water " if you don't know what that is, some call it Moonshine.

Ægir
Monday, August 2nd, 2010, 11:35 PM
I love everything from Islay especially from the southern part of the island…Laphroaig 15 (although no longer available), Lagavulin 12 (yearly limited cask strength release) and Ardbeg (both the Arigh and the Ugi) are my absolute favorites. Laphroaig 10 is my daily dram and is a very fine dram at a reasonable price. I also like Talisker 10 (even had the 30 for my birthday this year) and if I don’t want the peat I go with Highland Park or Scapa.

Neophyte
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
Mostly Islays like Lagavulin, Laphroaig, and Bowmore, but also Speysides like Knockando.

A cigar is nice with them. My poison of choice would be a Montecristo or a Romeo y Julieta.

Ragnar Lodbrok
Friday, August 6th, 2010, 11:13 PM
old granddad and clan mcgregor for me

Blaph
Wednesday, October 27th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I've tried so hard to get into whisky - or "scotch" as it's colloquially referred to over in Canada - but every time, it just bites right back. Whiskey, on the other hand, is marvelous.

Grimsteinr mentioned Crown Royal as being a great Canadian whiskey - horseapples. It's not fit to clean the paint from my brushes. Try Forty Creek. That's a whiskey with some friggin' hair on it's chest.

Gibson's Finest is also a fine choice - much lighter, and smoother, but oh so good.

Bittereinder
Wednesday, October 27th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Bell's

Glenmorangie

Chivas Regal

Johnny Walker

Scottish Leader

Scottish Leader is off my list as it is imported and distributed by Distell

The Ruperts also partially control two of South Africa's largest wine merchant houses, Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery (SFW) and Distillers Corporation, who together produce one of every six bottles of wine in South Africa and nearly eighty percent of the country's brandy. These two companies have merged to form Distell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Rupert

The Ruperts had a major hand in the distruction of my folk.

Bell's then for me... ;)

Collie Dog
Wednesday, October 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Athol Brose
Jurra
J Walker Black Label

RoyBatty
Wednesday, October 27th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Jamesons
Jackie D

Blaph
Wednesday, October 27th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Atholl Brose - I just tried my hand at making this: I'm VERY impressed, to say the least (not at my brilliant genius, but the end flavour result). I'm looking forward to refining this preparation; has anyone else tried making it themselves? I'm interested to hear if anyone else has tried toasting the oats beforehand, different honeys in the final stages, what whisk(e)y was used, etc.