PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Name My New Pup?

Vanir
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I finally bought a new puppy to keep my 5 yo weimaraner Fritz company, and just can't settle on what to name her...

she's a gorgeous little weimaraner, don't have an actual pic of her yet, but this is what they look like when young
http://www.grchasweimclub.org/images/pupyawn.jpg

She's tearing around the house like she's being pursued by invisible enemies, biting everything and generally carrying on like a drongo right now...

We have a shortlist of names
Frida
Greta
Helga
AsaWhat do you think? Which should I choose? Any other suggestions?

Here's a picture of my weimaraner Fritz, and my wife's demented moccasin masquerading as a blue heeler Sid
http://www.blutundboden.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=855&stc=1&d=1147152223

Siegfried
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 09:37 AM
How about Fenris? ;)

nordicdusk
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 10:19 AM
That dog is such beauty.

Gagnraad
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Beautifull dog, Vanir!
I go for Frida ;)

nordicdusk
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Beautifull dog, Vanir!
I go for Frida ;)
Yes i got to agree here with Gag.

juno
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 11:24 AM
beautifull !!! they are great dogs

i like the name asa , but that's a personal choice

Sigrid
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Vanir, as you have a list of names and the dog will be starting to show personality it might be an idea to name her off whichever one of those or any other that fits her.

I had a completely different name for my German Shepherd bitch before she arrived and as soon as I saw her peering over the top of the cardboard box she had travelled in with these big ears still flopped down on each side of her face I immediately said "Princess Leia Organa Solo". And thus did she become "Leia" and develop the nickname "thunderpants" as a result of her fieriness. She is very much like the real Princess Leia but thank the gods now her ears have stood up. :D

Vanir
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 12:14 PM
How about Fenris? ;)

Good call, though she is a girl, and not likely to devour firmament any time soon :) though I have joked with friends before how Fritz might have been better named Fenrir, as he has an insatiable appetite, and happily eats wood, rocks, seaweed, indeed anything at all.

Seems like Frida is in the lead by a margin at the moment, it is even my wife's preferred choice.

What's wrong with Greta? :~( :D

Gagnraad
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM
What's wrong with Greta? :~( :D
Nothing, Frida just fit more IMO :)
What about making this a poll? Wouldn't it be much easier?

Sigrid
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 12:48 PM
The thing is the wife likes Frida and Frida will no doubt also like the wife and slot in as her second in command. Mine did. She elected herself segundo and stuck to me like glue for fourteen years. :~( They wait for us, you know, beyond the river of spears ...

Blutw÷lfin
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 07:12 PM
What a cute little dog, Vanir! Such a nice puppy must be called... Inga. :D

Zyklop
Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 07:42 PM
What about "Woifal"? :D

Gagnraad
Wednesday, May 10th, 2006, 10:31 AM
What a cute little dog, Vanir! Such a nice puppy must be called... Inga. :D
:D

Lol, here in Norway, we usually associate Germans with BDSM-folk :D Therefore: "┼h, Helga! Ich komme! Ich komme in meine lederhosen! :D (That's some local joking about germans ;))

Sigurd
Wednesday, May 10th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Fenria? Manegarma? :D

freya3
Friday, May 12th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I like Greta personally. But all the names are good ones!!

Alice
Friday, May 12th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Count me in on Greta, too.

Vanir
Saturday, May 13th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the input people :) It seems that Frida it is. She responds to it, and it does fit.
She's grown noticeably in only one week! Funniest little drongo ever she is...
I'll have to put some pics up later today.

Blood_Axis
Saturday, May 13th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Adorable!!! :)

And Frida is a good choice :thumbsup

nordicdusk
Saturday, May 13th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Yes i think that name suits her very much.That picture of her makes me smile every time its great so cute.Thank you for sharing it with us and trusting us to help you pick a name.

Gorm the Old
Sunday, May 14th, 2006, 02:15 AM
How about Die Prinzessin von Weimar ?