PDA

View Full Version : Why Japanese Women Want To Look Blonde?

Evolved
Saturday, April 24th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Why women want to look blonde?

http://www.mynippon.com/women/images/carshow1.gif

By MYNIPPON Team, March 23, 2004

As you walk down in Shibuya or Harajuku in Tokyo or the Namba area in Osaka or even some of the other cities in parts of Asia, do not be surprised to see quite a few "blondes". The fad has reached such high proportions that those women who think that they would look ridiculous as blondes have chosen to have either highlights or colored their hair some shade of brown. However, when it comes to movie stars and idols many of them now change their hair colors as if it were just another accessory.

How come so many women are now trying to look like blondes? While no one will never admit it openly, everyone is, of course fascinated by Caucasian bodies of both men and women. Asian men can do nothing much about their appearance other than using the same brands of suits that are popular in the West (since businesses in Asia still expect men to dress and look very conservative) but women have been not only more adventurous but also creative. For example, nothing is more fascinating than to see an Asian woman in a traditional Asian dress, with her hair dyed some shade of brown.

During the last decade or so, dressing styles of Asian women have become completely westernized and other than on special occasions, one rarely sees traditional clothing. The transformation has been so remarkable that many non-Asian visitors to Asia miss seeing the traditional dresses. Many western men and women have admired the jet black hair of Asian women and have talked about it in almost poetic terms though that may no longer be possible.

Does blonde hair make women sexier?

http://www.mynippon.com/women/images/showgirl2.gif

In last couple of years, women have gone one step farther and have chosen blonde or even red color for their hair. First came the tan skin look and with blonde hair, the combination is far more interesting. The question that has been asked by non-Asian fashion experts is - Do Asian women look sexier or prettier with blonde hair? MYNIPPON contacted several people and the consensus is that some women do look sexier in blonde hair since it is so unexpected. Fashion experts encourage being different to create sex appeal and Asian women with blonde hair do stand out. Those women that have a fairer skin color and a shapely body, are even more sexually attractive.

Traditionally, a large number of Asian women have considered Caucasian women as more attractive. The general impression is that Caucasians are taller, have more proportionate bodies (especially larger breasts and hips), and the blonde hair color makes them more attractive. While very little (http://www.mynippon.com/photos/photo127.htm) can be done about the height or breast size (http://www.mynippon.com/women/bsize.htm) of women (other than cosmetic surgery and breast enhancement treatments, which appear to be growing industries in parts of Asia), it is easy to change hair or skin color and that is the main reason for so many blonde look-alikes.

What about all those people who think of Asian women as embodiments of oriental beauties with petite bodies, long dark hair, and yellowish skins? Well, there are still a large number of women who look gorgeous as they are. As one of the MYNIPPON member in Italy comments, "Well, any Asian girl looks beautiful!! It's just that they look even better with their natural black hair!"

What do you think of blonde look-alikes?

MYNIPPON (http://www.mynippon.com/women/blond.htm)

Phill
Saturday, April 24th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I personally don't like fake blondes. Even worse I dislike those that think they need to have this insanely dark tan.

Renwein
Saturday, April 24th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Yes this has been going on for a long time now. I think they look MUCH worse with their dyed blond hair. It doesn't suit them at all. They look infinitely better with their natural black shade... Some of the surgery they undergo is grotesque, too... (hight increasing surgery)

Funnily enough, I know plenty of whites round here who think it's cooler to be Japanese and even that they would prefer to be Japanese....

Evolved
Sunday, April 25th, 2004, 05:53 AM
I always thought Asian hair is very pretty the way it is, and its a shame for them to ruin it with chemicals. Bluish-black is the darkest color, but most Japanese women seem to have the ability to get brown - reddish brown highlights just from the sun. Asian hair is thick but porous, it soaks up chemicals and bleach easier, and as a result bleaching is very damaging. Also the texture and black pigments make it resistant to bleaching, so it ends up looking orange. I think its obvious that the fashions & trends in Japan are an attempt to look more Caucasian- platform shoes, breast implants, eyelid surgery, hair dyes, colored contact lenses. I think it is sad myself that they are holding themselves to a foreign standard of beauty. :(

Jack
Sunday, April 25th, 2004, 06:47 AM
As one of the MYNIPPON member in Italy comments, "Well, any Asian girl looks beautiful!! It's just that they look even better with their natural black hair!"

Strange. I have seen many very, very unattractive Asian girls.

Oh, and Asians with blonde hair look wierd :|

Sword Brethren
Sunday, April 25th, 2004, 07:21 AM
I've always thought that Japanese wish to be white. They are sometimes overt about it, sometimes covert about it. Look at Anime, its main characters are largely white... The Japanese eat up Western Culture as fast as we send it to them... What does this mean for traditional Japanese Culture? Well if I was a Jap, I'd be quite angry...

While I shall admit our Western Civilization is best, but it isn't the best for everybody. Leave the non-whites alone to develop their cultures and civilizations (such as Japan) or lack of civilizations (such as any African nation) as they see fit.

kayladun20
Friday, July 2nd, 2004, 12:03 PM
I personally don't like fake blondes. Even worse I dislike those that think they need to have this insanely dark tan.
That is a horrible look. So unnatural.

I think that a blonde Japanese, or any other Asian for that matter, looks very unnatractive.

kayladun20
Friday, July 2nd, 2004, 12:07 PM
I always thought Asian hair is very pretty the way it is, and its a shame for them to ruin it with chemicals. Bluish-black is the darkest color, but most Japanese women seem to have the ability to get brown - reddish brown highlights just from the sun. Asian hair is thick but porous, it soaks up chemicals and bleach easier, and as a result bleaching is very damaging. Also the texture and black pigments make it resistant to bleaching, so it ends up looking orange. I think its obvious that the fashions & trends in Japan are an attempt to look more Caucasian- platform shoes, breast implants, eyelid surgery, hair dyes, colored contact lenses. I think it is sad myself that they are holding themselves to a foreign standard of beauty. :(
I agree with everything that you have said. It is very sad that Asians would want to go as far as having surgery to pretty much get rid of what makes them who they are. The epicathus is what, to me, distinguishes an asian from another. For what it's worth, I think most Asian women are beautiful.

Cliodhna
Friday, June 3rd, 2005, 11:00 AM
I have seen quite a few pretty asian girls...mostly japanese with their lighter skin tones and not so wide noses...but I think anyone who is not naturally blonde should stay that way. It looks ridiculous. Bleached hair generally comes out looking like straw because it is so damaged anyway...I think to them (Japanese) it is considered exotic...women are always trying new fads and trying to stand out...the blonde "kogal" look (fake blonde hair, light lipstick, dark, dark tan) is going out of fashion in Japan however...Thank Goodness....leave blonde hair to the naturally blonde.

Thorn
Friday, June 3rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
I once heard about a problem in Korea, where a lot of women carry out a surgery to get longer legs. This is not healthy and a little bit insane from my poin of view. I like traditional girl best wherever they come from.

Southern Jarl
Monday, June 6th, 2005, 03:57 AM
I see the same thing over here. Lots of bleached women who originally have jet black hair (most of them are mestizos..). It's something I find really ugly as it's so obviously unnatural, and, besides, most of them get an even uglier orange instead of yellowish. And as soon as their hair starts to grow, the jet black roots show up and mess up things even more.
More than ugly, it's sad.

Godiva
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 06:17 AM
It is disgusting to see fake blondes of any race. I think that even more than the blonde asian woman, a blonde asian man is horrifying to see. I have known a few and they just don't look good. I prefer people with their natural hair color. I really love hair and hate the thought of anyone using dyes or perms to ruin their hair. I wish that people would come to the realization that they were created a certain way because that's the best look for them. And as to the body manipulation, I wish that women especially could accept what they look like and make it work for them. Sure, I wish my breasts were bigger, but if I altered them they wouldn't be me and they wouldn't serve the purpose they are there to serve.

Cnooc
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 06:29 AM
it's easy to explain. the japs have no individuality, no originality; almost the entire basis of their civilization and culture were imitations of other nations. during the ancient times, they copied chinese civilization and indian religion, and now during the modern times, they are copying the west. during the meiji restoration, the japan copied the french administration system, the prussian military system, the british navy, and american management. i do have to admit though, the japs do have an uncanny ability to imitate the best qualities of each culture.

Treue
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM
I think most fake blondes don't look attractive, they often can be recognized easily since most forgot to treat their eyebrows aswell.

But what in my opinion is even more ridiculous is this new trend to wear special contacts so that your eye colour appears to be blue.
Recently I read about this matter regarding P. Hilton.

@Thorn

I once heard about a problem in Korea, where a lot of women carry out a surgery to get longer legs.

How is this achieved? Oh no, wait! Stop, please don't say anything. The pure imagination makes me shiver. :-O

Bye, Treue

QuietWind
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005, 05:41 PM
How is this achieved? Oh no, wait! Stop, please don't say anything. The pure imagination makes me shiver. :-O

Bye, Treue

You have never heard about the surgery that makes people taller by giving them longer legs? :D It is quite fascinating actually. I'll give you the clean, simplified version so that you don't get shivers. You know how when you are young and there is actually a small space at the ends of your bones as long as they continue to grow? When you are finished growing, that space closes up. To lengthen the legs, they basically break the bone to re-create that small space. Then, using external equiptment, the person turns screws to keep the space increasing as the bone re-grows. The bone keeps growing to fill in the space, just like when you were a kid. I found a "clean" article on it also. http://www.danwei.org/archives/001739.html

android
Sunday, November 13th, 2005, 11:21 AM
the most beautiful blondes were fakes..marilyn monroe, pam anderson, anna nicole smith

Heksulv
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I think a majority of people look better with their natural haircolour.

It's funny though that the Japanese are fascenated with Western culture, because there are a lot of kids here that are near obsessed with Japanese culture and they never stop talking about it. It kind of gets annoying.

aingli_deas
Sunday, May 14th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I think a majority of people look better with their natural haircolour.

It's funny though that the Japanese are fascenated with Western culture, because there are a lot of kids here that are near obsessed with Japanese culture and they never stop talking about it. It kind of gets annoying.

The Japanese in general have not much interest in Western culture at all. The Japanese do not even like most westerners, especially American's. They do on the other hand consider the French to be the height of civilization and culture, and I do not believe the majority of French are even blonde.

The reason they dye their hair is purely fashionable. Japan is not a country where fashion has some deeper meaning like in Western countries. They pretty much do and where whatever just because it's trendy. If it is fashionable with the people they hang out with, they do it.

Over here in Western culture we put a whole deeper meaning into anything fashion wise. Take Goth people for example, they don't just wear the clothes, anyone who does is considered a "poser", we have some whole lifestyle makeover to go with the entire fashion. The Japanese are not like this. I have a deep interest in Japanese lolita fashion. Any type of "lifestyle" there is with wearing a specific type of clothes they don't take seriously, it's mainly a written joke.

And as far as I'm concerned, the Japanese rarely go blonde anyways. They wear wigs very often, and I believe a copper color is fairly popular especially among the Lolita fashion wearers. But copper, even though it looks like a bleach job gone bad, is actually a red hair color.

I don't think some people here are very aware of how Japanese fashion trends change greatly either. What may be in one year (ie. platform shoes) could very be out of fashion the next.

And no, there fashion as a whole is generally interesting among the teens and twenty year olds crowd, it's not at all like American Abercrombie and Fitch preps.

aingli_deas
Sunday, May 14th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I've always thought that Japanese wish to be white. They are sometimes overt about it, sometimes covert about it. Look at Anime, its main characters are largely white... The Japanese eat up Western Culture as fast as we send it to them... What does this mean for traditional Japanese Culture? Well if I was a Jap, I'd be quite angry...

While I shall admit our Western Civilization is best, but it isn't the best for everybody. Leave the non-whites alone to develop their cultures and civilizations (such as Japan) or lack of civilizations (such as any African nation) as they see fit.

They do not wish to be white at all. The Japanese care very little for most white cultures. Because they have grown beyond wearing kimono's to a business meeting and have blossomed does not mean at all that they have some obsession with white people. The Japanese women on their own are very beautiful, more and more white women yearn to have their bodies, I hear it all the time. Most of their culture now is still their culture, like Lolita fashion. And our Western civilization has problems, it isn't that great, and personally, Japan seems more like an ideal home than America does.

The Japanese are known from my point of view for one thing, the ability to take anything and improve it.

Bridie
Monday, May 15th, 2006, 02:51 PM
The Japanese women on their own are very beautiful, more and more white women yearn to have their bodies, I hear it all the time. Most of their culture now is still their culture, like Lolita fashion. And our Western civilization has problems, it isn't that great,

The Japanese are known from my point of view for one thing, the ability to take anything and improve it.

Bullshit. White women yearn for adrogenous, short and bow-legged, long-torsoed, short statured, flat-chested bodies??? I don't think so love. :-O Next you'll be saying that we wish for faces that look like someone slapped us in the face at birth and it never changed back to normal. Soon you'll be saying that we all want noses that look as though they are smeared across our faces. :|

The Japanese are more superficial and immoral than any Westerners imo.

Irish background? What crap.

larcher
Monday, May 15th, 2006, 08:30 PM
You have never heard about the surgery that makes people taller by giving them longer legs? :D It is quite fascinating actually. I'll give you the clean, simplified version so that you don't get shivers. You know how when you are young and there is actually a small space at the ends of your bones as long as they continue to grow? When you are finished growing, that space closes up. To lengthen the legs, they basically break the bone to re-create that small space. Then, using external equiptment, the person turns screws to keep the space increasing as the bone re-grows. The bone keeps growing to fill in the space, just like when you were a kid. I found a "clean" article on it also. http://www.danwei.org/archives/001739.html
What about arms then? :)

Zaborra
Monday, May 15th, 2006, 08:58 PM
The same for "blond" meds and "dark" nordics,UPīs etc...

MEDIA

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, May 16th, 2006, 06:28 AM
A Japanese woman called me doing telemarketing. I accused her of calling from Panama and being Nigerian so she tried to defend herself and became an open book. She told me she was calling from Jacksonville, Florida but I pressed her anyway just for sport asking her why she came to the US. She told me very honestly that she was 22 and wanted to marry an American. She signed a contract in Japan and boarded a direct flight to Jacksonville to do telemarketing in the USA so she could meet her dream Caucasoid.

QuietWind
Tuesday, May 16th, 2006, 06:43 AM
A Japanese woman called me doing telemarketing. I accused her of calling from Panama and being Nigerian so she tried to defend herself and became an open book. She told me she was calling from Jacksonville, Florida but I pressed her anyway just for sport asking her why she came to the US. She told me very honestly that she was 22 and wanted to marry an American. She signed a contract in Japan and boarded a direct flight to Jacksonville to do telemarketing in the USA so she could meet her dream Caucasoid.

She should have just went to one of the many American military bases in Japan and hung around outside. :P

QuietWind
Tuesday, May 16th, 2006, 06:47 AM
What about arms then? :)

I have never heard of it done to the arms. I doubt that the arms would look out of place, because the torso and nothing else is changing. They are just getting longer legs. The legs don't get very much longer either.

With an average height gain of only two to three inches, doctors like Feibel question whether the cosmetic procedure is really worth a patient's pain and suffering.

Source (http://www.limblengthening.com/news/ottawa.html)

I wouldn't do it for a couple of inches. I am perfectly happy being short. :thumbup

Kshatriya
Saturday, November 18th, 2006, 07:05 PM
there's more jap male blondes

but I dont think japs want to be nordic or european theyre far too nationalist for that

I think they just like the colour for their hair