PDA

View Full Version : Going to Church May Extend Life

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Going to church may extend life

Weekly religious attendance could add years to your life, according to a medical study carried out in the US.

The effects of exercise, religious attendance and anti-cholesterol drugs on life expectancy were examined.

All three were found to be beneficial, with religious attendance adding two to three years to your life.

The results of the research were published in the March-April issue of the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine.

Read more (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4876666.stm)

freya3
Thursday, April 6th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I do believe having a spiritual outlet on a regular basis is healthy and beneficial. I have seen so many people who should have died in the hospital from various illnesses, walk out. And they based it souly on their religious strength...

Sigrid
Thursday, April 6th, 2006, 07:19 PM
On the contrary, I have seen so many women die slowly of debilitating depression related illness through the hideous chauvinism of the Christian faith, especially its Protestant version. I have seen them suffer from the despair of having to be the creatures who initiated original sin. I have seen them feel guilty for nothing and blame themselves for things they are not responsible for. I have seen them forced to bear child after child until poverty and exhaustion and sickness claimed them because the Christian God refused to allow them to take control of their own bodies and their own lives. I have seen them paid half of what their male counterparts earned for equal work. I have seen men deprived of the joy of life because everything they think and do is considered "evil". Forced to believe that some idiot sky god has an eye on their every move. Forced into conflict on his account. Made so angry they turn to drink and beat their wives. Families forced to trudge to church and listen to some mad foaming self-appointed moralist shout at them for half an hour about how evil they all are and how they will burn forever in a lake of fire if they look sideways at anything that doesn't please their adopted God.

As far as I am concerned if this will lengthen my life I will be very surprised. The reason why so many people are living longer, besides the advances of modern medicine, is because they no longer listen to the big sky demon who hates anything that humanity loves and who thinks pagan gods are inferior and simplistic in comparison with his own exalted self.

I refuse to believe that visiting this overinflated sky demon in his man made abode every Sunday will lengthen my life. And even if not visiting him shortened it, I'd take that chance.

freya3
Friday, April 7th, 2006, 01:59 AM
On the contrary, I have seen so many women die slowly of debilitating depression related illness through the hideous chauvinism of the Christian faith, especially its Protestant version. I have seen them suffer from the despair of having to be the creatures who initiated original sin. I have seen them feel guilty for nothing and blame themselves for things they are not responsible for. I have seen them forced to bear child after child until poverty and exhaustion and sickness claimed them because the Christian God refused to allow them to take control of their own bodies and their own lives. I have seen them paid half of what their male counterparts earned for equal work. I have seen men deprived of the joy of life because everything they think and do is considered "evil". Forced to believe that some idiot sky god has an eye on their every move. Forced into conflict on his account. Made so angry they turn to drink and beat their wives. Families forced to trudge to church and listen to some mad foaming self-appointed moralist shout at them for half an hour about how evil they all are and how they will burn forever in a lake of fire if they look sideways at anything that doesn't please their adopted God.

As far as I am concerned if this will lengthen my life I will be very surprised. The reason why so many people are living longer, besides the advances of modern medicine, is because they no longer listen to the big sky demon who hates anything that humanity loves and who thinks pagan gods are inferior and simplistic in comparison with his own exalted self.

I refuse to believe that visiting this overinflated sky demon in his man made abode every Sunday will lengthen my life. And even if not visiting him shortened it, I'd take that chance.

I believe the same as you, Sig. I think the christian church can have negative effects on people(it did me). However, the people I have seen w/a more positive outlook have been christian, jewish and buddist. I don't know if going to church every Sunday is the answer either, but for me personally, taking time out every day to thank the Gods and Goddesses for all I have recieved helps me as well. To me, believing in something spiritual gives some a purpose and the will to maximize their life.

Sigrid
Friday, April 7th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Being capable of maximising your own destiny gives you purpose to live. Believing in gods and paying them respect are a function, in advanced societies, of having maximised the potential of the people. We pay tribute to those who created us, our ancestors. We make monuments to their achievements and sacrifice. We look to the stars because we seem to want to go home.

This morning I was woken up at 2 a.m. by the dogs who had detected human scum roaming around in the garden. At 5 a.m. I was woken up by the sickening crash of a car accident. Some poor hard working individual appears to have been flattened by a piece of human scum that does not believe in road rules or stopping at red lights. A family somewhere now either has no parent or has one up to his ears in plaster and debt. Today another fifty people will be murdered in my area.

This is an example of two things: firstly it is the tragedy of an advanced civilization being overtaken by a primitive one and secondly it is the sheer despair of the people of the former watching more or less helplessly as the latter devour everything they have built and made and maintained. Anyone who, after an experience with the so-called "third world" has not lost all religious belief is simply deluding themselves that God exists. (I am thinking here of that picture I think you posted somewhere of a "leprechaun" in a tree and your need to get away from this place). If you were to stay you would be devoured by the sheer weight of backwardness and criminal propensity that threatens to engulf any place that is unfortunate enough to be "multiculturalised". The social engineers of these projects will have to face the wrath of people who will be adversely affected for the rest of their lives. Soon there will be nowhere anyone can flee to from this tide of social decay and plain cultural clash.

I am becoming desperate. There is no escape. The whole world is collapsing under a wave of invading scum. Why do we call it "scum"? Because it almost invariably turns what was clean, decent, hopeful and progressive into sheer backwardness, filth and crime. There is no other way of putting it. We are becoming desperate worldwide. We need somewhere to go where we can practise our culture and build another European civilization that is not going to be tainted by the weaknesses of Christianity (or the brutal stupidity of Islam) and its first cousin liberal democratic extremism. In many places we can no longer go on.

So what does this have to do with gods? Everything. We and our gods are one mindset. We make them manifest through what we do. If we err we inherit muck and poverty and despair. If we succeed we live in their light. It's as simple as that. We cannot get this to work if we worship the gods of others or if we are forced to exist alongside cultures that quite plainly make us ill, in spirit and in body until we fragment and fall apart.

This thrills the left, it's true. This thrills the Christian fraternity who can't stop babbling over and over that their God is good and that we all just need to get together and hug for Jesus, but quite honestly when this lot come to the door my partner suppresses me because I attack them. He has locked me in the courtyard before because I tell them what I think of them. I hate their message. It spells the end of my message. Their world overshadows my world. Their God places his hand over the mouths of our gods. I refuse to accept that. And I let them know. I have that right and if I don't then why don't I? Other people can carry ceremonial daggers and apply for Sharia law and wear funny headgear and cover their heads with religious scarves but we cannot wear a sunwheel or say that we have a special way. They cut us dead. They hate us. They always have and they show it by treating us like dirt. They treat us as though we were simple minded. (Some pagans are, I agree, but then are they real pagans or they just mental refugees from the adopted faith?)

I believe that the time is fast approaching when we are going to have to make some sort of application to be on our own in some way. From my experience things cannot work the way they are presently working and things look set to get worse. Do they expect us to just roll over and accept this? Turn the other cheek and let them slap that one too?

Soon, if we try and pay homage to any of our ancestors and gods it will be to apologise for having failed them. It's not our fault as we are few and getting fewer, but I am beginning to think that something must be done by at least some of us. The question is what? We are not the Amish and couldn't live in some cut off community all becoming inbred and shut off from reality. We are scientists and we need to practise that science and to do so we need to at least be able to stay alive and well long enough to get anything done. Our work is always carried on by our descendents. We cannot be expected to spend all our time propping up the third world that is going to overrun us. That is insane.

I feel a manifesto coming on, lol.

freya3
Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I know where you live now is coming to a town near me VERY soon...it is so scary. And I hate the fact someone as wonderful as you are surrounded by such an awful situation.

I realize too that running away from the scum that is eating away @ our homeland at a rampant pace is not the solution either. I know that getting together w/others that feel the same as I do and banding together is the only chance that could possibly preserve my heritage.

I am a hopeless optimist here ;) . Some may see it as weakness, I do not. I have taken what I learned from being raised catholic and use that methodology to practice Odinism(that is what the priests and sunday school teachers engrained in me, but that is it!). I do not pray to christian gods, but I do make a point everyday to thank the gods for what I have(for me, Freya and Frigga and Odin) and I and my hubby make sure my daughter is involved in prayers for awaking, before meals and @ bedtime. And in doing that, I feel that I am on the right track. Maybe it is too uniform for some, but I feel expressing your Faith is a personal thing.

I want to do more. That is why I am here and enjoy talking and learning from people such as you, Sigrid. You are a role model to me :thumbsup. I was not as positive before I started having kids, but they seem to push you to do so :). I honestly think that if I didn't have them, I would not be doing anything to help my heritage and I would still be wandering aimlessly not having any Faith at all. Very depressing...

Sigrid
Sunday, April 9th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I have a feeling, a kind of instinct, to help those who are in your situation Freya3, who have the kids and who are losing the jobs and being replaced. They are my mission and my aspiration. And if that is all one has then that is what one must use. If it is given as the only weapon then it must be wielded like a sword. Our people are our emblem, our holy alliance, if you like, and this is a race thing, a folk thing, a religious thing and an honour thing. It has nothing to do with hatred or discrimination in the way in which the left use these things. It has nothing to do with building "World dominating Aryan Empires" (I have actually been accused of wanting such a thing by a Christian white man :eek ). It has to do, right now, with consolidation and friendship and support, no matter who we are, what has happened to us in the past or is happening now and whether or not we are all that strong. We are first and foremost just people, not godmen, and what can make us great or useless is the way in which we see ourselves and what we can do and the way in which each small family and each individual can contribute in no matter how seemingly insignificant a way to some whole.

If someone makes something, or does something, forms a kindred or hearth or studies to become a gothi or a teacher or whatever, that is his or her contribution and it should be acknowledged and not criticised.

If some people just have children and normal families who are of our people (and I do mean of our people) then they are creating the future and if they are able to bring these up as Heathens (or whatever other Druid, Hellenic, whatever the folk group may be) then this will bring many new souls into the alliance of Indo-European cultures. The well of wisdom will brim with the input from the generations. That, after all, is what this well is. And it is Odin's library in the mythology and his source of advice and learning. That and the world itself. He is a God of wisdom, eloquence (through his connection with poetry) and battle, of intellectual capability ("magic") and of time (he persists through the ravages of Ragnarok and he returns. :algiz: )

I am nothing basically but a disembodied voice, like most shamen, talking to an ear. If that ear opens and that voice is uncoded then the people who understand that code will find touchstones in themselves because no shamanic voice comes from anywhere but out of those wells and out of that history and from those ancestral threads. What we are is ultimately who we are. And the monuments of our past tell this story very clearly all over the world wherever our people have been. Even if they can no longer be found their passage is marked by what they did and what they made and where they went.

I have no interest in liberal Europeans and their leftist brothers spreading the black veil of sorcery that is anti-white propaganda to ruin our people and bring them to poverty and despair through humiliation. I hate these creatures of Nastrand, of corpse shore, with a vengeance. They are the children of the iron wood. Shut your ears to their voices and open your souls to the inner voice that instructs you to be yourself and to be driven by the Noble Nine (our code for life) and the decrees of the Norns (destiny).

It's a bad time in one way and a momentous time in another way. We are right inside the first unfurlings of the new Age. A new set of four Ages, a new Axe Age.
:yggdrasil