PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Weapon Is Beside Your Bed?

Blutw÷lfin
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Just out of curiousity. I would like to hear from all of you what kind of weapon do you hold close to your bedside incase of an emergency or other unfortunate situation such as burglers and such?

anaktas
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 11:54 AM
I keep under my bed a baseball bat, a kitchen knife like the one Michael Myers used in Halloween, and a Flobber air rifle. Let 'um come!

Siegfried
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 12:04 PM
None. I should get a baseball bat.

juno
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 12:33 PM
i have a large axe under my bed but that's not becous i'm scared, i just have'nt got any room left on the walls..:D

hÚ.. a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do (or something like that)

newenstad
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Nothing...

Zyklop
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Nothing either.

Gagnraad
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Nothing either.
Same here as well :thumbsup

Sigurd
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:31 PM
My bookshelf.
The weight of its ingredients keeps any intruder out... :D

Praetorianer
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Under my bed...nothing.But in my rucksack I´ve always a "Teleskopschlagstock".That´s because of the bunch of outlanders which....don´t really like me. :D

Ewergrin
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:47 PM
This is the only weapon I keep in the bedroom (but not the only one I use in the bedroom) :makeout :D

Alizon Device
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Nothing.
In the UK, if you tackle a burglar with a 'weapon', the prospect of being prosecuted for assault are much higher.
I'd have to rely on pure adrenalin.

Praetorianer
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:19 PM
:O Why not? ;)

Blutw÷lfin
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:21 PM
This is the only weapon I keep in the bedroom.

Impressive, boss. Damn, this weapon looks.. I am actually scared. :eek :D

anaktas
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:22 PM
How much for the weapon, boss?

Ewergrin
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Impressive, boss. Damn, this weapon looks.. I am actually scared. :eek :D
There is a alot more where that came from. :)
Between my father and I, we have a very decent little arsenal.

Ewergrin
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:25 PM
How much for the weapon, boss?
Base price was roughly $1000. It is valued at about $1400 now, with the additions and modifications I have made.

newenstad
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Are you a member of a militia?

Ewergrin
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Are you a member of a militia?
Nope. Just an avid "gun nut" and marksman.

newenstad
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I know how to handle a lot of weapons but for me it is to expensive to buy one of them just for habing it beside my bed and my girlfriend is absolutly against weapons in our home...

Zyklop
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I know how to handle a lot of weapons but for me it is to expensive to buy one of them just for habing it beside my bed and my girlfriend is absolutly against weapons in our home...Does this include the rolling pin (Nudelholz)? ;)

newenstad
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 05:25 PM
I think we don┤t have a wooden rolling pin. We only have a superfuturistic plastic one ...:D

(she hits me with a pilliow when I come home late or/and pissed...)

Weg
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Nothing.
In the UK, if you tackle a burglar with a 'weapon', the prospect of being prosecuted for assault are much higher.

Ditto. So no weapon beside my bed. Maybe my green oak club excepted, but I don't really consider it as a valuable weapon...

TisaAnne
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I don't keep any weapons under/by my bed, as I just don't feel the need to be so cautious, or paranoid in my own home. I live too far out of the way for anyone to ever come and burglarize my house, and the long, dirt road I live down is almost invisible from the main road... especially at night, where there are no street lamps to light the way. If someone were to break into my home, it would most likely have to be someone who is familar with how to get to my house, as a stranger would be very hard pressed to find me. ;)

That being said, if the rare chance happened to occur that some menacing perpetrator decided to rob my home, or worse, I keep several hunting rifles, and shot guns in my hall closest, which I could easily access in an emergency... I do not have them for protection, only for hunting purposes, but I'm sure, in a pinch, they would suffice quite well for abolishing any threat to my home, or person. :D

SouthernBoy
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I used to have a loaded Winchester 12 gauge, but it got taken away. I will be getting it back soon though. ;)

freya3
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 08:13 PM
38 Special...but it is locked and is far enough under the bed to where our daughter can't get to it

The Horned God
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I,ve no weapons as such, I should get something, a golf club at least.

But come to thnik of it, I do have a couple of dumb-bells under the bed that I could probably use to throw an an intruder, well, maybe.
If I was to swing at him with one of them though, and miss, I'd be wide open...

anaktas
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 09:00 PM
38 Special...but it is locked and is far enough under the bed to where our daughter can't get to it
I would never hide a weapon in the house if my children were around. Never. :thumbsdow

nordicdusk
Sunday, March 12th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I have a baseball bat under my bed and one hidden near my front door because i drive an old mini and peole like to mess with it from time to time so thats what thats for.

Gorm the Old
Monday, March 13th, 2006, 01:49 AM
A Webley .38 calibre revolver and an "Arkansas Toothpick" (a LARGE Bowie knife). My cane is also a formidable weapon, and I know how to use it as such.

Alizon Device
Monday, March 13th, 2006, 10:18 PM
A Webley .38 calibre revolver...
Sometimes I really envy the Americans' right to bear arms.

Hoarsewhisper
Monday, March 13th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Trumpet machete, sharpened by myself. Ready to chop.

freya3
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 02:31 AM
I would never hide a weapon in the house if my children were around. Never. :thumbsdow

She is a baby right now and I watch her all the time and it is locked, so I am not worried about it now. I grew up w/a father who was a policeman and guns were all over the house. As soon as she can understand, we will teach her like my father did us on the danger of guns and how they are not to be played with. I NEVER once tried to play w/them growing up and neither will she.

I wish I didn't have to keep a gun in the house but unfortunately, this world calls for us to protect ourselves. With my husband rarely @ home @ night due to work, I need something, and I am not going to depend on 911 for my first line of defense, sorry...

Sifsvina
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Mine does not reside beside my bed but in it;-) Any weapons that he may or may not have on hand, that I could use if it came to that, is not something that I would post on a public forum, not that he has anything illegal. That doesn't leave much in our state:-(
I was raised with guns as well (hunting and animal protection) and with proper training and exposure it is much safer for children than them being ignorant about guns. What if they come across a gun out of the home?

Sigrid
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 08:45 AM
A gun by my bed. By my desk a police baton. In my life two large lovely brave honourable German Shepherds.:wolf

anaktas
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 06:32 PM
In my life two large lovely brave honourable German Shepherds.:wolf
Aren't they a wonderful breed?

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Yes, I got my first one when I was sixteen and I am now with numbers six and seven.

The Horned God
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Yes, I got my first one when I was sixteen and I am now with numbers six and seven.

Lovely-looking animals and smarter than most people, so I'm told. :)

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 09:13 AM
They are wonderful companions. They are capable of love and honour and compassion and they live with us as part of the pack. Which is why I like them as they are the closest things we have to wolves.

Hoarsewhisper
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 09:19 AM
And of course four pairs of cuffs, thumbirons, a spanish whip and a flapper...;)
Nauthy girls needs to be disciplined.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Provided, of course, that one is a naughty girl. :P

Hoarsewhisper
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Provided, of course, that one is a naughty girl. :P

Yes, but that gives the option to play...

A tattooed chick has already been naughty, and should receive her deserved punishment with gratefulness...:D

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Except here they are talking of weapons.

:viking1

Sifsvina
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Except here they are talking of weapons.

Some people use/think of their weapons as toys and some people use "toys" in "play" as some would only think of using a weapon in anger:D Ah, my wild youth;)

:hve­rungur:
Monday, March 20th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Two mossburg shotguns in my room (trigger locks on em of course), one remmington hunting rifle (trigger lock on this aswell), few baseball bats (I play baseball in the summer), I own a bowie knife, got a machette aswell and a pair of brass knuckles.

Gorm the Old
Monday, March 20th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Well, I didn't mention my other weapons, only those directly beside my bed. Out in the hall, and on the wall going down the stairs and at the bottom of the stairs I have an S. Iver Johnson .38 revolver, A 12-gauge Stevens shotgun, a Mossberg model 500 12-gauge, a .45-70 "trapdoor" Springfield, a Winchester model 42 .25-20, to mention only relatively modern firearms, and 9swords. INTRUDERS BEWARE !

Weg
Tuesday, March 21st, 2006, 01:47 PM
All those guns! :eek

anaktas
Tuesday, March 21st, 2006, 06:37 PM
All those guns! :eek

We're all living in America...America, america...

Ethelwulf
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 02:09 AM
A Fist Of Doom.

I don't know. A bucket of fried chicken and a rosary to protect me.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 07:24 AM
Where I live attack is a reality 24 hours a day, so on Monday evening my partner went off to defence training and I was at home as usual cooking supper and holding the fort. About an hour after he had left I was in the kitchen when I heard the door handle being turned. The dogs leapt up and ran for the door. They thought their favourite person had maybe come home early and so they went ballistic. Then they started snorting under the door and growling.

My blood ran cold. He always phones when he's on his way home, he has his own key so he wouldn't try the door handle and he wasn't due back for another hour and a half. I looked out of the kitchen window and all the security lights had gone on. There wasn't a breath of wind and I knew someone had passed by. I went to get the gun. I looked out of the window in the hall and the light was on in the garage. Someone was in the property and had got into the garage, which means they had got over a wall with spikes on top and were walking round trying doors and switching on lights.

I won't let the dogs out unless it is absolutely a matter of life and death as they are my companions and I don't want them killed or poisoned. I couldn't afford to go out and investigate as I had no idea how many were inside the property. Obviously one to look in the garage and another to try the door, so at least two. If I had to shoot at anyone I would get an immediate gun firing offence charge and if I killed someone a murder charge. These will be overturned in court but it's better not to take things that far if you can help it. So firing old Boris is not really a priority it is a last resort.

I couldn't see anyone and so I phoned my partner and the police. Amazingly, the police passed my partner on the highway going hell for leather and they arrived at our house about ten minutes before he did. There were about six black police and some four whites arriving soon after. One white man folded himself out of his squad car and was about six foot six in height. To me he looked like a god. If you ever feel that whites are going extinct, fear not, they aren't doing that where I am. All of them were fantastic. I let them in and they spread out and scoured the garden. Of course the shadow folk had run for their miserable lives when the dogs discovered them from scents coming under the door. They are past masters at getting into properties and absolute Olympic champions at getting out in a hurry without being caught. They practice all day while everyone else is at work, so one could say they were uncrowned professional career criminals.

I could never understand why the hippies insisted on referring to the police as "pigs". The logic of the mind of the anarchist escapes me.

They found no one, told me to call immeditaley I was worried again and laughing and joking among themselves (it is a complete left wing lie that people in South Africa hate one another) they all got back into their chariots and raced off to their next assignment, many of which came through on the radio the whole time they were with me.

Bless all policefolk great and small, bless their dedication, their courage, their underpaid excellence and their willingness to still become police in a world that increasingly tries to stop them from doing their job. The first words out of the uniformed black man who rang my gate bell was "Are you all right, ma-am?" Bless them all.

They had a couple of barking eager German Shepherds in the back of the huge white guy's car. These, too, often die in the line of duty. Bless the furry ones as well. :thumbsup

freya3
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
Glad to hear you are ok, Sigrid! And, good to hear you had a positive experience w/law enforcement! It is unfortunate we live in such a scary time. But, when you have a strong group of individuals around to protect you, it does give you peace of mind!!

Good to know too, you have an awesome defense line @ home(the pups) that would probably scare even the most brutal attacker. Their growls and barks give me chills...:runaway

anaktas
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Thank Gods that everything ended well, Sigrid :) :thumbsup

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 04:45 PM
Thank you. We have each in our street and everywhere else come to think of it had these experiences and they continue endlessly. I shot a hole in the kitchen cupboard a few years back and nearly put a bullet through my foot while covering my partner during an actual attempted break in in our house. They managed to get the door open at 2 in the morning but I heard them and woke the dogs (a different pair then, now both gone to Valhalla) and the invaders fled. If I hadn't woken up they would have got inside. They have invaded all our neighbours and some have been totally ripped off while asleep. One of our friends was attacked in her driveway a week or two ago and they demanded her wedding rings. She couldn't get them off and apparently they tried to bite off her fingers. :eek

You won't believe how frequent this all this. They killed my cousin last year, they have killed my partner's uncle and they nearly raped one of our friend's elderly mother. The father died soon afterwards from the shock of trying to defend his wife. He was in his eighties at the time. But that is just part of daily life here. How the police manage with limited resources and low pay is a near miracle. The number of policemen here who have seen such horrific things they are suffering from post traumatic stress disorder is very high. Some can no longer function and have had to give up the job. You know, things like opening the boot of a car and finding a person in there cut into pieces, or going to a farm and discovering an entire family massacred, including the baby. The brutality of these scenes is mindbending. I suppose it is no surprise that I cannot watch horror movies. Life here tends to be too full of it for me to be able to enjoy it happening to someone else, even in a fictional context.

But, hey, we are all incurable optimists. Our ability to motivate ourselves to go into business, find ways round affirmative action and deal with horrific crimes is our badge of survival. We just keep reinventing ourselves after every setback. The whole place is buzzing with entrepreneurial spirit 24 hours a day. I suppose we are some sort of unusual phenomenon, under the circumstances, but that is how it's always been here. "Boer maak 'n plan" is the way the Afrikaners refer to it.

Never say die. It might be just as the dawn is breaking. Always anticipate a new beginning. No matter what. Keep flying the flag of yourself.:viking1

freya3
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 04:56 PM
Thank you. We have each in our street and everywhere else come to think of it had these experiences and they continue endlessly. I shot a hole in the kitchen cupboard a few years back and nearly put a bullet through my foot while covering my partner during an actual attempted break in in our house. They managed to get the door open at 2 in the morning but I heard them and woke the dogs (a different pair then, now both gone to Valhalla) and the invaders fled. If I hadn't woken up they would have got inside. They have invaded all our neighbours and some have been totally ripped off while asleep. One of our friends was attacked in her driveway a week or two ago and they demanded her wedding rings. She couldn't get them off and apparently they tried to bite off her fingers. :eek

You won't believe how frequent this all this. They killed my cousin last year, they have killed my partner's uncle and they nearly raped one of our friend's elderly mother. The father died soon afterwards from the shock of trying to defend his wife. He was in his eighties at the time. But that is just part of daily life here. How the police manage with limited resources and low pay is a near miracle. The number of policemen here who have seen such horrific things they are suffering from post traumatic stress disorder is very high. Some can no longer function and have had to give up the job. You know, things like opening the boot of a car and finding a person in there cut into pieces, or going to a farm and discovering an entire family massacred, including the baby. The brutality of these scenes is mindbending. I suppose it is no surprise that I cannot watch horror movies. Life here tends to be too full of it for me to be able to enjoy it happening to someone else, even in a fictional context.

But, hey, we are all incurable optimists. Our ability to motivate ourselves to go into business, find ways round affirmative action and deal with horrific crimes is our badge of survival. We just keep reinventing ourselves after every setback. The whole place is buzzing with entrepreneurial spirit 24 hours a day. I suppose we are some sort of unusual phenomenon, under the circumstances, but that is how it's always been here. "Boer maak 'n plan" is the way the Afrikaners refer to it.

Never say die. It might be just as the dawn is breaking. Always anticipate a new beginning. No matter what. Keep flying the flag of yourself.:viking1

YOU have inspired me today :D !

Lothringen
Sunday, February 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.wwiiquartermaster.com/images/US/US%20Weapons/Garand-Bayonet-2.jpg
directly next to hand to strike from the bed the one putting pillow on my face
http://dcl16.nl/dvd/ambiance/lotr/glamdring.jpg
not displayed but on the way to the door to cut the gun holding hand passing the door or split the head if I am in very bad mood.

Bearkinder
Sunday, February 20th, 2011, 10:15 PM
.45 inches of pure love.

http://www.swordofthespiritchurch.org/images/kp90-profile_web.jpg

Granraude
Sunday, February 20th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Next to my bed... Well, two bayonets, a German hunting knife and other sharp pointy goodies.

Northern Paladin
Monday, February 21st, 2011, 01:31 AM
A Dobermann, she'll bite and sever if she senses her home and pack is in danger.

OneEye
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011, 03:32 AM
http://www.knifeworks.com/productimages/kabar/KB1281.jpg

Oski
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011, 04:45 AM
Nothing I would post on a forum.

All these weapons threads help our enemies sum each of us up on an extremely personal level. :|

Finn
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Live in the country. Home invasions happen now and then in our area. Have my dog in the house, 45 next to my bed,two 9mms hidden here and there. And a couple shotguns spread around. All unloaded with clips and ammo hidden within hands reach. And when driving places by car don't care if I'm going my sisters in santa barbera or disneyland I'm packing.. But always play by the rules, am licensed, put all guns in my safe when I'm out of town or have children in my house, pain in the ass but, not that often since I live alone. It's a wild world, good to be prepared.

OneEye
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Nothing I would post on a forum.

All these weapons threads help our enemies sum each of us up on an extremely personal level. :|

That is why I did not mention the other toys ;)

Thorolf
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
I sleep with a 12 guage shotgun, loaded with 00 buckshot. I also keep an axe and knife next to me when i sleep. In the gun cabinet in my room I keep my K98 with ammo and bayonet next to it in case I need it.

I really don't care if people know what weapons I have ready for them. If someone wants to attack me in my house they can go ahead, I have no problem putting up a fight.

Hemerik
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011, 11:18 PM
Just a small hand-axe and knife. :)

Gareth Lee Hunter
Thursday, February 24th, 2011, 02:27 AM
A S&W Model 915 pistol equipped with Trijicon night sights, an 18# Wolff recoil spring, and a Hogue 'handall' gripper. It is loaded with Federal 'Hi-Skok' 115 JHP +P+ ammo; hence the heavier aftermarket recoil spring. ;)

This used to be my carry piece. I now carry either an FNP-9, or a Kel-Tec PF9.

Adalheid Friunt
Thursday, February 24th, 2011, 03:30 AM
A serrated folding knife, a stiletto w/ a German eagle on it, a set of samurai swords on my headboard, and two ninja swords.

Gerulf
Thursday, February 24th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Remington 870 shotgun. 12 gauge.

Oslaf
Thursday, February 24th, 2011, 03:41 AM
It's not much, but it's something:
http://www.adola.nl/bladerweb/xtramidden/BUCK%20110%20.jpg

Rocky v
Monday, March 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I keep the trusty Austrian made pistol by my bed; shot it over 2,000 times without a jam. It is also registered as I live in the only county in Nevada where you must register handguns :thumbdown. The Schaeferhund also sleeps next to me.

Oslaf
Tuesday, March 8th, 2011, 03:56 AM
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0005_small.jpg

Ingvaeonic
Tuesday, March 8th, 2011, 05:29 AM
http://www.cyclone.com.au/sitebuilder/products/large/190/a494020.jpg

I keep a half axe with a 1.2-kg head in my bedroom in case I ever need it. I could get the overpowering urge to chop wood at 3 o'clock in the morning.

■eudiskaz
Tuesday, March 8th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Next to the bed, I have a roughly 18"hand axe haft. I had the axe rehafted... But the old haft is still in good condition, it's hard, and light enough to whip quickly, and with force. My other weapons are displayed in the living room.

chaostrip
Thursday, March 10th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Ive got the classic baseball bat. Having a young kid in the house, im afraid to have much more laying around that she might get her hands on.

Tannhauser
Monday, March 14th, 2011, 05:47 AM
I keep a loaded, but locked Walther P5 in the drawer of the bedside table on my side of the bed. We do not have children.

flÔneur
Monday, March 21st, 2011, 01:48 PM
A knob kerry.

Grimsteinr
Monday, March 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
In my night stand, beside the bed, I keep my Ruger GP100, .357 magnum revolver, loaded. Behind the door is a Mossberg, Security model, 12 ga. shotgun, loaded. And I have a large, 4-cell Mag-light , LED flashlight.

In my DSW's nightstand beside her side of the bed she keeps her S&W, 9mm, semiauto handgun. We both have CCW, carry permits, for our handguns. We have both been through handgun training.
We keep any other guns, we might have in the house, in a gun-safe.
Our 2 Dobermans sleep on their beds, in our bedroom.

theTasmanian
Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0005_small.jpg

:P i can only hope that's a Finnish one ;)

there are no Weapons in my house or possession :paranoid

How ever there are a number of "old" hunting knives around the bed room and a long "C" size Mag light torch my Gun safe is also in the room but its going to take too long to open it and load anything

and then there is this Fat bald man that sleeps there that has the foulest temper with unwanted intrusions :D

Weitgereister
Tuesday, March 29th, 2011, 06:28 AM
I keep a Taurus "The Judge" .45/410 revolver in my nightstand drawer. It is also the weapon I carry on my person and in my car daily. (I live near a very black area) I love it's diversity as it can fire both .45 rounds and a shotgun .410 round. I have it stagger loaded with the .410 round first, followed by a .45 hollow-point.

Cancel
Tuesday, April 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
An old ruger .22 unloaded of course as a rudimentary club would work extremely well. Other than that I happen to keep a bokken(wooden japanese sword) on my bed's head. Both suitable for what I'd use them for.

Also... Me. ;]

Germaid
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I don't own any guns, so there's nothing next to my bed. It's only a few meters to the kitchen, where I have a nice butcher knife. This must do.

Goomer
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I don't own any guns, so there's nothing next to my bed. It's only a few meters to the kitchen, where I have a nice butcher knife. This must do.

A metal baseball bat:)

jacktheknife
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Gentlemen,

I keep my SKS, 'old Essey' beside my bed, a ten round clip with 6 rounds in her. Hammer down on an empty chamber and perfectly sighted in.
I just dust her.

She's a fine rifle...

Jack the Knife...

Scario
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 09:00 PM
A Beretta 92FS, a H&K USP 40 S&W, and a AK74. Just in case.

Wychaert
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM
My wive:D:D:D

Wychaert
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM

But serious..

Seitegehwer89
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx25/theSv666/imagesSeitegehwer89.jpg

catywampusness
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 10:55 PM
My phone, my fist.

I have knives down the hall but am not comfortable using them - I have a multitude of large blunt objects between my bed and the front door that would be easy improvised weapons, though.

Alfadur
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 11:18 PM
A metal baseball bat. I also own brass knuckles (which are collecting dust in a drawer).

Goomer
Friday, July 1st, 2011, 01:07 AM

That's what my husband says also:D

Van Wellenkamp
Friday, July 1st, 2011, 01:27 AM
I have a 150lb Danish Broeholmer, if they get past him its a Ruger Red Hawk in .44 Magnum.

Leonhardt
Saturday, July 2nd, 2011, 12:33 AM
Mossberg 590, a 10" tanto knife, and a 630 lumen Fenix flashlight(TK40).
http://www.google.com/search?q=mossberg+590+with+knoxx+stock&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=664&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=cVQOTqPWOsT-sQL216CBCg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBQQ_AUoAQ
I am considering bringing out a spare gun again, because you never know when they could fail.
Also a spiked war club that I do not intend to use.
http://www.google.com/search?q=mossberg+590+with+knoxx+stock&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=664&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=cVQOTqPWOsT-sQL216CBCg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBQQ_AUoAQ#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=spiked+war+club&oq=spiked+war+club&aq=f&aqi=&aql=undefined&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=74686l81887l0l43l23l0l7l7l3l270l2 548l1.7.6l16&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=8c1ce75e0e8dc4f1&biw=1366&bih=664
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/ontario-spec-plus-tanto-8-sp14
I have a Cold Steel Assegai, but I do not think I would get to it quickly. It is over 6' tall, with a blade that is like around a foot long. It satisfies my inner pikesman.
http://www.google.com/search?q=mossberg+590+with+knoxx+stock&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=664&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=cVQOTqPWOsT-sQL216CBCg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBQQ_AUoAQ#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=cold+steel+assegai+spear&oq=cold+steel+assegai+spear&aq=0&aqi=g1&aql=undefined&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=11293l14509l2l10l9l1l0l0l0l246l12 67l0.7.1l8&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=8c1ce75e0e8dc4f1&biw=1366&bih=664

I have been thinking about taking up softball once again in the future.:)
It would be nice to have a pair of large dogs, but they can sometimes be heavy sleepers too.

Dun Holm
Saturday, July 2nd, 2011, 04:18 AM
A buck knife and axe.

ozhammer
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Nothing.

Thats bloody stupid you are allowed to use a weapon in your own property no question. I used weapon in my last home invasion attack

Forget the law Fight first

ozhammer
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
When I was younger a bayonet, spanish knife however my area is impregnable to get into though I would probably get a baton and knife in the future if I moved to a more less impregnable area

But I dont know why English dont lobby for Guns to be Available or more/better Cops? The government cant have it both ways

I guess you could always form a militia

Nooitgedacht
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 12:43 PM
After South Africa, Ozzy is a breeze. I just lock my front door.:D

Thanks Oz.:thumbup

Blackened_Might
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I have a Tanto, Wakizashi, Katana, a Conan sword, LOTR Elven dagger, and my Buck folding hunting knife. My arsenal is yet to expand. Intruders beware. I also have a tad of knowledge on incendiaries and explosives since I'm a soldier at heart:D

TXRog
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I have a loaded firearm beside my bed and a number of other firearms within close proximity.

However, the single greatest weapon I have (and take with me wherever I go) is my brain.:D

Your Brain Is Your Best Self Defense Weapon.

ozhammer
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I have a loaded firearm beside my bed and a number of other firearms within close proximity.

However, the single greatest weapon I have (and take with me wherever I go) is my brain.:D

Your Brain Is Your Best Self Defense Weapon.

What you have tele-kinetic powers TXRog!:D

ozhammer
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
After South Africa, Ozzy is a breeze. I just lock my front door.:D

Thanks Oz.:thumbup

If your in Sydney or Melbourne then it would be a baton with a taser and definetly a rifle of some type for backup
A knife and baton for Brisbane areas if neccessary

I suggest for those on the walk in Sydney get a decent knife you can hide and a flex-out baton but for women pepper spray does the works

But you know 20 yrs ago in Australia crime was far less and back in the 70s Sydney a nice place to go

Now with small pop increases and dramatic crime rates I wonder who is to blame here....

TXRog
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM
What you have tele-kinetic powers TXRog!:D

Not yet brother ozhammer but I am training myself to actually change the tire on my truck without the aid or assistance of a jack or other hydraulic device, employing instead, and relying upon, my "sheer Germanic brain power.":thumbup

:D

Wotansthrone
Thursday, July 14th, 2011, 08:47 AM
.45 smith&wesson semi-auto, hi-point 9mm, SS dagger, survival knife, and 2 swords. That's just in the bedroom.

Nooitgedacht
Thursday, July 14th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Ozhammer, I'm not the type to go to the inner cities. In the wild I don't have to defend myself against a kangaroo, dingo or a scorpion.:D

Good common sense is good enough for Oz.:thumbup

BUT, I'm a hunter. As soon as possible, I'll go for my gun lisence and then I'll do some hunting for the pot. It is such a pity that there are no Kudu, Orix, Eland, Impala, Springbok, etc in Oz.:~(

Fohr
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
A Lee-Enfield Mark 4 in .303

Schneider
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 05:50 PM

We don't hide weapons from our children. They know right where they are. How they are used. What they are used for. What to do if they see one out of place, and what to do if someone touches or picks one up.

I used to keep a 12 gauge single shot by the bed as we had raccoons getting into the chicken coop. I put it back in the case last year. My wife has a couple of pistols on her side on the bed. Unloaded and in cases.

i do not keep a weapon handy at night. We do have them in the house if we feel it would be best to start doing so.

The dogs will give notice of intruders.

Coureur de Bois
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 05:51 PM
A samurai sword.

Silent_Saxon
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 05:59 PM
My Weimaraner and a shotgun.

Oslaf
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Not my pic, but it's the same stuff:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3743/nagantsks.jpg

I still have the bayonet and cleaning rod on my SKS, though. I've got another Mosin Nagant bayonet lying around here too. A dagger and a Buck Knife too. A lot more...

Diarmuid
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I have a Viking sword and a couple of tomahawk axes next to my bed. There are also firearms locked up in the house.

BritishLad
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 06:47 PM
When I was younger a bayonet, spanish knife however my area is impregnable to get into though I would probably get a baton and knife in the future if I moved to a more less impregnable area

But I dont know why English dont lobby for Guns to be Available or more/better Cops? The government cant have it both ways

I guess you could always form a militia

we do, the government wont allow it unless yoo go hunting or target-shooting or somat because theyre scared of people actually been able to defend themselves without havin to relay on the police.

ChaosLord
Friday, August 19th, 2011, 04:55 AM
http://www.huntingknifereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/31JvEcPmJ4L2.jpg

A Gurkha Kukri.

Feyn
Monday, August 29th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I have hidden weapons in every room of the house, all at strategically good points. In my bedroom i sleep with a big ass knife+2 throwing knifes at the top of my bed (in a little hidden compartment) so i can reach it by grabbing after it below my pillow (if he watches me, or if i act still sleeping). If i push my bedpost down and turn it 90 degrees i have it in my hand and its a 1 meter club with an ideal handle. Who doesnt know that would never suspect it ^^

In other parts of the house also parts of the furniture are, with one special grip, a ready to use weapon, some even with a blade ^^ A friend of mine is cabinet-maker/carpenter and has his own turning lathe. With that we made a lot of little gadgets like that (mostlky for the fun of it, and because it felt so james bond ^^). Usually you need to know exactly how they work, to remove them. They are neatly integrated into those pieces of furniture. The worst that can happen is your own weapon used against you (and that happens more often then you think). Thats why i didnt want the old baseball bat at the wall. I want weapond ONLY i can use

ochsoldat
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 05:05 AM
I keep my great grandfather's bayonet from World War II, next to my bed. Honestly, I doubt it would do much, but it's something until I can afford a gun.

Wychaert
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 07:59 AM
http://www.huntingknifereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/31JvEcPmJ4L2.jpg

A Gurkha Kukri.

The Coldsteel Gurkha Kukri... Very good and rather expensive.
I prefer the real Kukri's, but this one is a modern masterpiece!
I thinking of buying one myself, but their close to Ç300.

-uJues8TAbk&NR=1

But this is the real one:D
DN4d4Kvfcwo

Ălfrun
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.theknifecamp.com/files/3036340/uploaded/4000954.jpg

Good old boot knives! Small enough for an easy grab if I need to defend myself! I have two in a double sheath :D

Ălfrun
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.spellbinderz.com/images/silver_pentacle_altar_tile_6_inch.jpg

Oh yeah, and I also have this weapon by my bed for "spiritual" attacks :P

SpearBrave
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
What keeping weapon by your bed......weapons are bad [sarcasm]:D

Actually it should read " What kind of weapons is beside your bed ".

I keep my everyday carry gun for one which is a S&W .357 magnum with a 2" pinned and recessed barrel with a 3 lbs trigger pull. My woman has her .38 special on her night stand. I also have Remington 870 pump 12 ga. with a 20" barrel loaded with 00 buckshot. In the safe I keep a variety of different pistols, shotguns, rifles, and other things just in case.;)

Van Wellenkamp
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 10:20 PM
Amen to that!!!!

Renwein
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 10:39 PM
the most terrible weapon of all:

an alarm clock http://planetsmilies.net/angry-smiley-283.gif http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/smilies/letitalm.gif

Barreldriver
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Since I currently do not possess any CQB firearms I keep a kindjal and a short bow (able to be left strung for prolonged periods) by my bed. I do have an airsoft pump shotty that could serve as a distraction if needed. One of these days I'll get around to acquiring some CQB home defense firearms when I get the cash.

Todesritter
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
my fists

Thorbrand
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 11:22 PM
What keeping weapon by your bed......weapons are bad [sarcasm]:D

Actually it should read " What kind of weapons is beside your bed ".

I keep my everyday carry gun for one which is a S&W .357 magnum with a 2" pinned and recessed barrel with a 3 lbs trigger pull. My woman has her .38 special on her night stand. I also have Remington 870 pump 12 ga. with a 20" barrel loaded with 00 buckshot. In the safe I keep a variety of different pistols, shotguns, rifles, and other things just in case.;)

Blimey you must live in a very dangerous place!!! :D

Once a sheep came into my garden but I managed to catch it and put it back in the field - no bloodshed involved...;)

I do have a short hardwood club next to the bed (just in case any foxes get in)...

SpearBrave
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 11:27 PM
Blimey you must live in a very dangerous place!!! :D

Yes, a very dangerous place we actually had robbery in 2008, a negro marxist managed to get into the white house and has been reeking havoc ever since.;)

Germaid
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 11:34 PM
Are you all afraid somebody might breake into your house at night? I don't have any weapons beside my bed and I can sleep very well.

SpearBrave
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 11:47 PM
Are you all afraid somebody might breake into your house at night? I don't have any weapons beside my bed and I can sleep very well.

I live in very low crime area, most crimes committed are petty theft and drunk driving. We live in a very rural area and it could take police a long time to even get to my house if something ever did happen. I would rather be armed just in case something ever did happen.

Also remember a polite society is a armed society.;)

Barreldriver
Friday, September 23rd, 2011, 01:01 AM

I'm currently living in an urban setting where there's a lot of crime going on, had multiple instances of folks breaking into cars, one of these instances resulted in someone stealing gas and a gas cap from my father, another two bags of cat litter from my mother, other instances neighbors wake up to vandalized vehicles or homes. Ain't takin' any chances while I'm here, gonna be protected here and protected more than likely when I return home to Tennessee as outsiders come about and one can never be too sure.

Astrid Runa
Friday, September 23rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
A practice golf club. It's essentially a golf club, but instead of the usual bottom of the club, it's a weight that's used to practise your swing, Rather heavy...

Frostbite
Friday, September 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I don't have an actual weapon, but my dad does in the next room. So I'm covered. ;)

Plus there's plenty of stuff in my room I could use as a weapon if necessary.

Edie
Friday, September 23rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
I've always got a stack of books next to my bed. I suppose I could chuck them one by one at an intruder. If that fails to do some facial damage, there's always the hope that the sudden onslaught of strange knowledge-enhancing things will cripple him spiritually so he slumps to the floor depressed and can at that point be scooped up like a spider and tipped out the window.

True_Blue
Friday, September 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
i dont think anybody is going to break in any time soon, but just looking around i have a cricket bat in my room, might come in handy.

Kussmaul
Monday, September 26th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I have a baseball bat next to my bed and a 12 gauge under it in case the baseball bat doesn't do the job.

Van Wellenkamp
Monday, September 26th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Old boy scout motto says always be prepared. Crime is on the rise do to the recent economic down turn. A well armed citizen is not a victim. Most people feel they can call the police, but by the time they arrive they just fill out the report of your demise. Self sufficiency is a must, you cant count on someone to protect you, you have to be proactive and learn to protect yourself.

Leonhardt
Monday, September 26th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Are you all afraid somebody might breake into your house at night?
Here are the crime rates for some medium sized cities in the US.

Omaha, Nebraska

Crime rates (2008) (Population of 438,646)
Crime type Rate [2]
Homicide 10
Forcible rape 41
Robbery 216.4
Aggravated assault 336.3
Violent crime 603.7
Burglary 723.9
Larceny-theft 2939.4
Motor vehicle theft 621.3
Property crime 4284.5
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Omaha

Rockford, Illinois Crime Statistics

The metropolitan area has 339,178 residents
Summary Report
2009 Crime (Actual Data)* Incidents
Aggravated Assault 1,332
Arson 39
Burglary 2,459
Forcible Rape 112
Larceny and Theft 5,697
Motor Vehicle Theft 450
Murder and Manslaughter 21
Robbery 596
Crime Rate (Total Incidents) 9,927
Property Crime 8,645
Violent Crime 2,061
http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/illinois/rockford.html

Some gangs use home invasions as a means of income, but there are no statistics on it. One example is if the robbers need the combination to open a gun safe.
http://ms13gang.com/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&noj=1&biw=1366&bih=664&tbm=vid&q=home+invasion+robbery+&btnG=Search&oq=home+invasion+robbery+&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=1&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=13206l13206l0l15199l1l1l0l0l0l0l2 64l264l2-1l1l0

Lew Skannon
Monday, September 26th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler

Anleifr
Sunday, October 2nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
A sword next to my side of the bed, and an English dog-lock pistol in 20-ga. on the shelf below the mattress.

They didn't have a spot on the wall, either.

Alfather
Thursday, October 13th, 2011, 07:40 PM
A hand and a half Touareg sword I bought in Mali; a Celtic leaf sword, and my bayonet in the night stand next to me!!

The Hungry Hun
Saturday, October 29th, 2011, 09:47 AM
a short sword for orcs and brigands, a crucifix for demons and a job application for, well, you know who. That's not really an issue in my area but, ya know, just in case.

Nebelwerfer
Thursday, November 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM
A ninja sword and a sturdy wooden shield.

I certainly slept easier when they were burning and looting across the UK with these tools in easy reach.

Kauz R. Waldher
Friday, November 11th, 2011, 10:08 PM
7 inch double edged knife and a hand-made spear so I can throw it at a fleeing burglar.

Valknut
Saturday, November 12th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Geez I never give it a whole lot of though but..........:)
Mossberg 590 shotgun in the closet
Modified Ruger Mini 14 Semi Auto under the bed
Back back full of assorted combat, throwing and survival knives under the bed
Left side of bed shelf Tauras Millenium 45 cal
Right side of bed Smith and Wesson 38 police special
Living room Taurus Pt 92 9 mm
All loaded but not chambered
Probably 4 different 9.5" blade Bowie knive scattered around on top of bookcases
Music\computer room I am looking at a 9" Italian switch blade. A replica Danish axe with a 4' haft
And to top it all off my Gibson Les Paul Sunburst Axe.
Hmmmm I think I need a Spear.
Anyway....knock, knock "Hello Mr. Burglar come on in!!!"

DutchfromHolland
Tuesday, December 6th, 2011, 01:31 AM
I have a Kimber 1911 just under my side of the bed.

Here's a picture of what it looks like:

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/Kimber/eclipsepro2.jpg

I too live in a low crime area, not much ever happens, but I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Hesse
Tuesday, December 6th, 2011, 01:42 AM
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt279/german24/ropeweaponcard.jpg

Schneider
Tuesday, December 6th, 2011, 02:24 AM
My wife has a Ruger SR40c by her side and i have now switched to a plastic 20 gauge. I prefer to damage my wood stocks with every day use.

EQ Fighter
Tuesday, December 6th, 2011, 03:22 AM
I have a Kimber 1911 just under my side of the bed.

Here's a picture of what it looks like:

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/Kimber/eclipsepro2.jpg

I too live in a low crime area, not much ever happens, but I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Nice Weapon!

Is this chambered for .45 or 9mm.
I would like to get a 1911 but really want one that is both concealable and powerful to stop an intruder. I'm thinking .45 instead of 9mm

DutchfromHolland
Tuesday, December 6th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Nice Weapon!

Is this chambered for .45 or 9mm.
I would like to get a 1911 but really want one that is both concealable and powerful to stop an intruder. I'm thinking .45 instead of 9mm

Thank you! Yes, it's chambered for a .45 round. You wouldn't wanna get hit by one of them!

EQ Fighter
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Thank you! Yes, it's chambered for a .45 round. You wouldn't wanna get hit by one of them!

Not sure why law enforcement went to the 9mm, it does not seem to have the stopping power of a .45 .

I was thinking about a 9mm Beretta but this seems a better option, I have a moss burg 12 gauge that I keep beside my bed literally in a gun rack, but a pistol is a good option because it is less clumsy.

SpearBrave
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I was thinking about a 9mm Beretta but this seems a better option, I have a moss burg 12 gauge that I keep beside my bed literally in a gun rack, but a pistol is a good option because it is less clumsy.

Actually a shotgun is less clumsy, all you have to is point when it is loaded with 00 buck. Not only that it also doubles as a non-lethal weapon. One quick butt stroke and it will knock somebody down and out.

As with all weapons they are only good if you practice, practice, and practice.;)

oh, beside every would be criminal knows the sound of a pump shotgun in a dark room.

DutchfromHolland
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011, 12:46 PM

To be quite honest, I would feel more comfortable with a 12 gauge by my bedside. Like SpearBrave said, if someone breaks into your house, and they hear the sound of a pump action, they're gonna be scared sh**less.

EQ Fighter
Thursday, December 22nd, 2011, 01:27 AM
To be quite honest, I would feel more comfortable with a 12 gauge by my bedside. Like SpearBrave said, if someone breaks into your house, and they hear the sound of a pump action, they're gonna be scared sh**less.

LOL!
Yes it does do that.

But a 12 gauge makes for a lousy concealed carry.

ansuz crowning
Thursday, December 22nd, 2011, 02:38 AM
.357 chambered with 38 hallowpoints. .40 cal on the other side of the room so if im there i have access. a bat a bowie knife

Snaeulf
Friday, December 23rd, 2011, 12:45 AM
M9, 1911, AR-15...various pointy objects at any givin time :D

Orangutan
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Sledgehammer, hunting knife, flip knife, fishing knife (had to take that thing out of my chest in one fight. The other guy still lost.), crossbow (just broke the last bolt), longbow (unstrung, my draw length is too long to get arrows so it's useless) and two walking sticks. I also have an axe on the way to the door and an old iron poker in the living room.

MaximusMagnus
Tuesday, February 28th, 2012, 04:24 AM
12G Pump (Mossberg)

Glock 17

Sefo
Monday, March 5th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I keep a Remington 870 12 gauge pump shotgun beside my bed at all times. I own 4 different pistols that i keep around the house but I alternate between carrying these two when I go out

Favorite gun that I own. I carry it the most. My gun is exactly like this one.

Smith and Wesson 1911 45 Compact ES

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/smith-wesson-1911-compact-es-45-acp.jpg

The other one I carry from time to time is this one.

Glock 23

http://addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/glock23.jpg

Firebeard
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017, 05:52 PM
I have two pocket knifes on my bedside. I plan on getting a rifle at some point to put under my bed. On another note, I have a metal Louisville slugger resting in between the driver door and the front driver seat of my car. I usually have a small pocket knife in there too, but I mostly use that for work.

RoyBatty
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017, 06:21 PM
3D Cell Maglite skulldenter.

Something a bit more lethal would have been preferable but alas.... ZOG have criminalised such options here.

Gary in TX
Tuesday, April 11th, 2017, 07:08 PM
An AR with a light and iron sights
A Remington 870 Marine Mag 12 Ga.
A Glock 17 and the lil Keltec in the pic was traded in on a Walther PPS.
Also a few assorted knives, flashlights and everyone has body armor.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/Browning35/AR%20Pics/BF2240FF-0E31-48F0-8DA9-CAEE1FA7E318_zpso7cbp6xp.jpg

That's what's out of the safe.

SpearBrave
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017, 12:51 AM
the lil Keltec in the pic was traded in on a Walther PPS.

Curious why would you do that?

I had a Keltec just like the one you pictured and it did not carry well, jammed from time to time and was just not a good shooter. As a note I keep all of my firearms in top shape and clean and use good ammo, and I shoot a lot so it was not user error and somebody else I know had the same problem with the same model. I traded it for a hunting crossbow and I am yet to hunt with it yet so, I don't know if I made a good trade.

When carrying a firearm, even as a back up piece it has to work flawlessly every time and you must know it and have it become an extension of your arm. For personal protection I will always go for a quality American made revolver usually and older Smith & Wesson with pinned and recessed barrel. If you want small get a J frame model in .38 Special. Much more stopping power and better energy transfer than a 9mm. I don't need more than 5 or 6 shots to defend myself and I would trade reliability for mag capacity any day.

btw I like the AR, good versatile weapons and all kind of accessories available. :thumbup

Now, back on topic

I no longer keep a 870 pump by my bed, I now have a double barrel 10 gauge which I cut down to 20" to keep it legal, I decided I don't want to warn anybody with a slide action of a pump gun. ;) If a bigger problem exist I have class 3 firepower close at hand.

Gary in TX
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017, 03:09 AM
Curious why would you do that?

I had a Keltec just like the one you pictured and it did not carry well, jammed from time to time and was just not a good shooter. As a note I keep all of my firearms in top shape and clean and use good ammo, and I shoot a lot so it was not user error and somebody else I know had the same problem with the same model. I traded it for a hunting crossbow and I am yet to hunt with it yet so, I don't know if I made a good trade.

My Keltec never jammed on me, not even once. However it was a .32 pocket pistol and I traded it in on a single stack 9mm of better quality that fit in the same pocket. I have a bit more confidence in a 9mm than I do a .32 ACP. In the long term Walthers generally outlive Keltecs after the rd count starts hitting a couple thousand rds.

While the Walther PPS M1 still fits in a Desantis pocket holster in my front pocket, the grip is a bit larger and easier to grab onto when drawing. This is the first time I shot it.

https://youtu.be/WOm0I8qwisQ

So all in all I'm happy with my trade.

Elizabeth
Thursday, April 13th, 2017, 12:35 AM
I don't have any weapons.

Catterick
Thursday, April 13th, 2017, 01:15 AM
Just an inexpemsive self defense blade as I don't need anything flash to feel safe.

Wuotans Krieger
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018, 12:13 PM
A baseball bat from Poundland.

Herr Rentz
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Depends upon what I carried that day, but usually the HK USP9 Compact. It could be one of a dozen different makes and models.

Finnish Swede
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Nothing.

Should I?

House attacks are still very rare in Finland.

Uwe Jens Lornsen
Tuesday, November 27th, 2018, 12:53 PM
None, but I recently placed a large kitchen's knife on the window's board ,
since there is occassionally trouble sounding in the staircase / walkway .

At former times , I would have stepped outside , to argue with the people ,
but I have lost any will to argue anymore , since in case of trouble ,
I as a native feel like being in disadvantage in courts afterwards .