PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever had Shamanic Dreams?

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 8th, 2006, 11:27 AM
At a prod in the ribs from Thore_Hund to make a distinction between ordinary dreams and those that are extra-ordinary, shamanic, prophetic, illuminating, epiphanic and so on, I make a thread for these on their own.

:valkyrie :oldman :eek :runaway :) :) :)

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 8th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I'll begin by relating a dream about the death of a friend that I had about nine months before it happened. (There isn't a time limit on prophetic stuff. You get it and you just have to look out for it and hope it doesn't happen if it's bad and be glad when it's good. Either way you have no choice in the matter.:) )

I was standing on an open plain. There were microlight aircraft going out and this friend and all of my other friends and relations who know him where either up in the air going out in these craft or on the ground watching. I waited, watching the craft depart. A space of time lapsed and I was back on the open plain and the friend's twin brother came up to me in the dream and embraced me and said "Goodbye". I looked up and saw a search party of microlights coming back from an attempt to look for the man as he has disappeared. They landed looking sad. "He's gone", one of them said. I woke up feeling very worried as this man was a microlight pilot.

I picked up the phone months later and his wife was on the other end. "He's been killed ..." she began and I finished the sentence for her in my mind "in a microlight crash." :( I had been waiting for this for months. I knew then that his twin brother had taken his place in the dream to say goodbye to me because they represented the same person in the dream. As one was gone and one was still alive, the twin was used to say farewell.

Sigrid
Saturday, March 11th, 2006, 05:33 PM
The night before last a dream of shades. This is the best way I can describe them as they looked like people but had no substance. They were extremely powerful and could absorb violently people they wanted to remove.

I was living in a place in the dream that was gripped with a terrible fear and everyone had to get out and flee with whatever they could pack into bags because the shades were coming. The vanguard of these was very close to one end of the town and I was part of a group that were trying to get the last people out and on the road. I was packing special silver jewellery items but had to give them to someone else to take because I seemed to need to be there to make sure the last person left. Who ever stayed would be absorbed.

The town began to empty out and as it did it seemed to crumble as though it had been empty and neglected for a long time. Vines grew over walls and an ominous desertion plagued every place people had left. I looked back and said "It really is true that things can change".

Everyone was now on the road and I had to join them. The feeling of evil and danger grew very strong behind me as the shades entered the deserted town. I had the unpleasant experience of seeing one come close up behind me and open his mouth aggressively. He was semi transparent and so evil I knew if I didn't get out quickly he would kill me.

I joined the people on the road and we left the town we had known all our lives. We were on foot, there were children and elderly and people were carrying whatever they had thought most important to take. The rest was going to be absorbed. I looked back on the town from the high road. Nothing could be seen except the sheer emptiness and the place becoming overgrown as we watched.

:eek

Ása
Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I've had two very weird dreams. My first one was I was sleeping in my room but I was dreaming I was awake. In walked a man into my room. He was naked but didnt seem to have any genitalia. He sat on top of me and grabbed my head and slammed it into the back headboard which didnt hurt. He then proceeded to "scream" at me. His scream made no sound like he couldnt outright say what he needed to say to me but as he was screaming I could see word written in his mouth. I began searching through his mouth to get this message. The weird thing was he didnt scare me at all. Even in the manner that he appeared to me. I woke up later but have always remembered this very clearly.

Then not that long ago he came to me again in a dream. He wasent in the same form as last time but I knew it was him by just the 'aura' he gave off. It seemed that we were sitting around a camp fire but he was the only thing that I could really make out, everything else around him was blury. He looked older and wiser and had a more manly appearance. Like the last time there was no sound or talking. All he did was point to his ear and then point at me like I needed to listen to something. He did that a few times and then I slipped out of the vison and back into sleep but I remembered it all VERY clearly in the morning.

My boyfriend thinks that maybe it was Woden but I'm open to any suggestions as to who or what it might be.

Ryan Kirk
Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I've never had any dreams like that. I have experimented with drug use as a method of experiencing visions though. (*waits for the holier then thou wolves to pounce*)

What I experienced once was an incredible high from marijuana which I smoked. I then laid down on my bed and relaxed myself as much as possible. At first I began to see faint images flicker on the wall in front of me. By images I don't mean full blown pictures, but just flickering outlines or designs. They were largely random, but I was also able to influence them by directing my thoughts towards certain subjects. I was also able to make an image reappear and by focusing on it I could enhance the clarity and make the lines appear deeper and more permanent rather then flickering. This took an immense amount of focus though and I was rarely able to get something to stick for more then a few seconds.

After this had carried on for awhile I laid back and looked at the ceiling. This is when it got really vivid. All of a sudden the grey and black shadows on my white ceiling resembled clouds flowing overhead very quickly, as if in time lapse. After looking at it for a little while it appeared to me that I was laying in a room look out to the sky above where the ceiling should be. It got to the point where I had to really focus to see it as anything other then the sky.

I started to feel very heavy as well. It felt like the skin and flesh on my face was drooping down towards the bed. I then started to feel myself sink into the bed. I actively encouraged it in my mind and it got extremely uncomfortable. I felt like I was getting somewheres though. It felt like if I kept pushing it further and further I would in a way pop out of my body. Right before that happened though I got a very uncomfortable panicked feeling and felt my physiology start to accelerate. I decided I should stop there for the time being. Maybe next time I'll see.

I then went back to watching the ceiling and started focusing in my minds on seeing myself lieing there looking up. I was convinced that if I could do it and focused intently enough I could leave my body, watch myself, and then fly out of the room through this whole in the ceiling and explore this world. I felt like what was outside the room through this ceiling was another plane of existence or world of some kind. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do it, although I felt close a number of times.

Towards the end as I started to come down and lose focus I went back to watching the wall and this time designs appeared again but with more obvious themes. There was a series of what seemed like stylistic outlines of birds of prey. I'm not a bird expert but they appeared to be eagles, hawks, and other things. It's worth noting that these designs seemed to be incredibly complex and some of them were things I felt I had never seen before in real life. It seemed odd that my mind could spontaneously create this extremely complex designs almost instantly with no thought or concentration put into it.

All around I'd say it was interesting. I wouldn't neccesarily call it shamanic, but it was definitely something else and something I'm interested in trying again or using in a shamanic way.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 04:25 AM
I've had two very weird dreams. My first one was I was sleeping in my room but I was dreaming I was awake. In walked a man into my room. He was naked but didnt seem to have any genitalia. He sat on top of me and grabbed my head and slammed it into the back headboard which didnt hurt. He then proceeded to "scream" at me. His scream made no sound like he couldnt outright say what he needed to say to me but as he was screaming I could see word written in his mouth. I began searching through his mouth to get this message. The weird thing was he didnt scare me at all. Even in the manner that he appeared to me. I woke up later but have always remembered this very clearly.

Then not that long ago he came to me again in a dream. He wasent in the same form as last time but I knew it was him by just the 'aura' he gave off. It seemed that we were sitting around a camp fire but he was the only thing that I could really make out, everything else around him was blury. He looked older and wiser and had a more manly appearance. Like the last time there was no sound or talking. All he did was point to his ear and then point at me like I needed to listen to something. He did that a few times and then I slipped out of the vison and back into sleep but I remembered it all VERY clearly in the morning.

My boyfriend thinks that maybe it was Woden but I'm open to any suggestions as to who or what it might be.

Asa, it's important not to assign things to gods in person as this is seldom what is happening. People usually have dreams as vivid as yours because they are being visited, if you like, by ancestral figures who have either warnings or information that is very important for you as a person. This dream you have, and it seems to be capable of becoming repetitive as you have had it twice and you now recognize the figure even though he looks different, might become a pattern for this kind of communication for you.

It doesn't always matter what they look like exactly. Yours, I see, appears differently on more than one occasion. Our minds provide much of the external appearance of dreams so now this figure has your attention you are able to recognise him no matter what he looks like on the outside. It seems to be what he wants to communicate that is important. Can you remember the words you found in his mouth the first time?

The thumping of your head against the headboard seems a gesture of urgency to require you to "wake up" in some way. It seems a gesture of sudden change that is required and this seems to be in your mindset that is why he is hitting your head against the headboard. It seems quite urgent that you take notice or "wake up" to something. Is there something in your life that you need to "see" differently? Or maybe understand or apprehend differently? The words in his mouth would have been a clue. But we often can't remember all this detail.

His nakedness and lack of genitals seems to mean two things. Firstly his nakedness might signify that he doesn't want you to get any false impressions of identity by mistakenly attributing his nature or identity to some recognisable person or cultural tag so he is coming to you without these things. To be naked is to truly be oneself, so he seems to have wanted you to wake up to some reality that is beneath another reality. His male nature seems quite established yet he appears without genitalia. I think this would make sense in terms of his attempt to visit you "naked", that is without a disguise of any sort, but not in a sexual way. He is perhaps showing you honesty in his attempt to wake you up to something. He wants you to see something in its fundamental nature maybe.

The next time you encounter him he is himself, a male visitor and older and wiser looking. Now he seems to appear as an elder. Now he is at a camp fire. This may signify a close relationship to you as only people who are in this relation sit round camp fires together. It is a kind of kin or family setting in this dream symbol. Now he wants you to listen. But you don't know what you must listen to. He seems to want you to listen to him as he points to himself and to you, so he still seems to have something to tell you. Getting this information will be easier for you once you get to grips with who he might be and what he wants to tell you.

There may be more dreams to come and they may get more complex as you begin to find access to what he wants you to know. He may in himself signify something, some knowledge. He wants you to make some mental change and take notice of something. It would seem that the way in which you will be able to hear what he is saying is for you to "wake up".

If you think about it you may realise what this is. It may have to do with a situation you can't see completely or need to take another look at. It may be a warning to do so. It may be a prompt to do so because there is something you must know but haven't understood. This is probably why he bangs your head against the headboard. The two dreams seem to carry one powerful message: "Wake up and listen". You will now have to think about what that means in your life. It could be very important for you. It could mean a turning point in your life.

Ása
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 01:48 PM
The first time I saw him was around the same time I started to search help for my depression and then later found heathanism. I agree with the nakedness and his attempt to be nothing else but himself. It was in no way sexual I think I meant to say that in my last post but forgot.

The last time I saw him was about a month ago. The two appearances were about a year or so apart. Tho I still have yet to figure out what he wants me to listen to.

I find it weird as to why he can't just outright tell me and that was the only thing that lead me to belive that maybe it was a god. I dont remember what was written in his mouth. After I had the dream I tried very hard to remember what was in his mouth. It was just segments of a sentance or sentances written in his mouth and I was trying to gather all the pieces. I thing maybe it was more of a symbol that I need to know something but he just can't tell me outright.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 02:10 PM
That kind of message in the mouth of a messenger or god is the runic aspect of Ansuz. It is the rune of the message, of the divine communication, etc.

I think you'll find that you have this knowledge in you or that you will be able to find it if you "wake up". If you were suffering from depression there will be a definite reason why and a lot of sense in why he hit your head to wake you up, or make you aware. Something has made you fall away from what is in his mouth. As time goes by, if you just wait and watch, this will become apparent to you.