PDA

View Full Version : Runic Correspondences: Runes and Respective Trees/Herbs/Colors

Blutwölfin
Monday, February 20th, 2006, 04:28 PM
http://i1.tinypic.com/o711jc.jpg

from Bill Whitcomb's ""The Magician's Companion" ;)

whitebread
Sunday, February 26th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I once tried to formulate a chart that showed the Elder,Younger,Anglo Saxon and the Armanen futharks, their form, their meaning, their astrological symbology and the corresponding trees, herbs,colours, polarity, elements and the Gods, Goddesses or wights associated with them.

It quickly became apparent to me that the assignations to each of these runes in each of these areas was as vast and varied as the number of people who reported them. Although there was some agreement among some of them in a lot of areas, it became a case of trying to decide who, if anyone, was more accurate. It became, for me, an excercise in futility.

I now feel like the only way for me to understand the runes and their relation to anything, and everything, is to integrate them into my life and make my own determinations based on what I experience personally. Which will, of course, add one more voice to the confusion....if I choose to share what I experience.

klokkwerx
Thursday, April 20th, 2006, 12:51 AM
This list you posted hits the nail on the head. Thorsson wrote a similar thing in one of his books, was it the FUTHARK?

Ælfhere
Friday, April 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
Yes it was. In the appendix he had a list of all the rune rows: Elder, Younger, Armanen, AS. With color, deity, astrological associations.