PDA

View Full Version : Moslems Doing Better In Iceland Than Ásatrúar

Blutwölfin
Saturday, February 11th, 2006, 04:31 PM
According to an article in Iceland Review, the government will grant a
1,500-2,000 square meter lot to the Medieval Norse Paganism (Asatru) group on the
island, on which they will erect a 700 square meter temple.

This sounds great, assuming you believe governments should be giving active
aid to religious groups in the first place.

However, the Association of Icelandic Muslims will receive a 4,000-5,000
square meter lot for a mosque of just over 2,000 square meters - almost three
times the size of Asatru facility! It is a sad day when areligion as alien as
Islam beats out the original Icelandic faith three-to-one. On the one hand it
is great that Asatru is recognized, and is at least somewhat competitive. But these
figures are an obvious sign that Asatruar worldwide have their work cut out for them.

Religious organizations in Iceland (overview) (http://www.statice.is/?pageid=1180&src=/temp_en/mannfjoldi/trufelog.asp)

There are 872 Asa-folk in Iceland, but only 341 Muslims.

Gagnraad
Saturday, February 11th, 2006, 06:06 PM
This is sad news.
They should think about the minority!
Maybe there are more Asa-folk in Iceland than Muslims. But how many Asa-folk are there in the world? Not to think of Muslims, they are too many.
Sad indeed.

Sigurd
Monday, February 13th, 2006, 04:29 PM
It's sad that the Muslims get more. But we should be grateful for actually having a Hof built for us by state subventions. When the Anatols have left Island and the Althing is free, then it will prove beneficial to have one. :)

Lundi
Monday, February 13th, 2006, 04:34 PM
The plan to build an ásatrú temple is nearly complete and accepted, and it will be built in the most beautiful part of the city, whereas the talks on building a Mosque are just in the beginning stages, and the land they are discussing giving to the Muslims (most of whom are ethnic Icelanders who have taken up the Muslim faith) is also being considered for numerous other projects, the location is also quite far outside the city centre in the suburbs.

I have my doubts if the mosque will ever be built, at the moment the Muslim society in Iceland is just too tiny and they don’t have the financial support to build a mosque. There are also strong anti-Islam feelings within the general population and especially in the media.

Sigurd
Monday, February 13th, 2006, 04:42 PM
and it will be built in the most beautiful part of the city...anti-Islam feelings within the general population and especially in the media.

Sounds better now. :)

Aniketos
Wednesday, June 4th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Retarded that Muslims get anything in the first place.

Gorm the Old
Wednesday, June 4th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I felt sick when I read the title of this thread, but I feel greatly relieved, having read Lundi's post.

Gagnraad
Wednesday, June 4th, 2008, 09:43 PM
This may be somewhat off-topic, but here goes:

If muslims that are ethnical muslims (From those areas) would build their own mosque in a northern european country, that's bad.
But of the ethnical northern europeans who converts to Islam get's to build their own mosque... What's worst, really?

Aniketos
Wednesday, June 4th, 2008, 10:17 PM
This may be somewhat off-topic, but here goes:

If muslims that are ethnical muslims (From those areas) would build their own mosque in a northern european country, that's bad.
But of the ethnical northern europeans who converts to Islam get's to build their own mosque... What's worst, really?

Depends on your view. What is worse in your eyes a traitor or an enemy? Same with Arabo/Turkoid muslims and "European" muslims.

Gagnraad
Wednesday, June 4th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Depends on your view. What is worse in your eyes a traitor or an enemy?
A traitor helps the enemy, thus proclaiming him/herself as the enemy. Therefore it is the same thing.

But I must admit that I like traitors less than enemies.

Islam is a hostile and barbaric religion, if it as a matter of fact can be called a religion. And I am disgusted by people who converts to it. Christianity is far more preferred than that disgusting religion.

I saw a girl on the bus, on my way to work once, and she was wearing this burka (Or whatever) on her head. I literally felt sick when I saw it.