PDA

View Full Version : Support Denmark!

Wiseman
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 04:48 PM
Support Denmark! (http://skender.be/supportdenmark/)

On the 30th of September 2005 the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten published 12 cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed. Mohammedans raised a storm of protest and two artists went into hiding after receiving death threats. Islamic organisations demanded an apology from the Danish government and the incident turned into a world-wide diplomatic issue. The OIC (the Organisation of the Islamic Conference), the Council of Europe and the UN all criticised the government of Denmark for not taking measures against the newspaper Jyllands-Posten. The Danish prime minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen defended the freedom of the press and free speech and stated that any measures, if appropriate, could not be taken by the government but only by a court of law. Meanwhile in Islamic countries Danish flags are burned and Danish products are taken off the shelves. Several countries have withdrawn their ambassadors from Denmark and armed men attacked the office of the EU in the Gaza strip.

Denmark needs our support. Show that you care and put one of these banners on your website.

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 05:00 PM
On the 30th of September 2005 the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten published 12 cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed. Mohammedans raised a storm of protest and two artists went into hiding after receiving death threats. Islamic organisations demanded an apology from the Danish government and the incident turned into a world-wide diplomatic issue. The OIC (the Organisation of the Islamic Conference), the Council of Europe and the UN all criticised the government of Denmark for not taking measures against the newspaper Jyllands-Posten. The Danish prime minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen defended the freedom of the press and free speech and stated that any measures, if appropriate, could not be taken by the government but only by a court of law. Meanwhile in Islamic countries Danish flags are burned and Danish products are taken off the shelves. Several countries have withdrawn their ambassadors from Denmark and armed men attacked the office of the EU in the Gaza strip.

Denmark needs our support. Show that you care and put one of these banners on your website.

http://skender.be/supportdenmark/SupportDenmark1EN.png

http://skender.be/supportdenmark/SupportDenmark2EN.png

http://skender.be/supportdenmark/SupportDenmark3EN.png

Link (http://skender.be/supportdenmark/)

Lundi
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 06:14 PM
So far Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic, French, German, Italian, Dutch and Spanish newspapers have printed the drawings, who will be next :D

hauer
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 08:07 PM
Mexico has printed one drawing. Hopefully BBC will be next.

Loki
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 08:13 PM
Hopefully BBC will be next.

Don't hold your breath for the BBC... they are terribly PC. Other British papers will do it first.

Sigurd
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 08:16 PM
Don't hold your breath for the BBC... they are terribly PC. Other British papers will do it first.

It's the EBC in the first place, after midnight they change to JBC. :speechles

Sigurd
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 08:20 PM
Said, done. ;)

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 09:10 PM
Mycket interessant:
Också Aljazeera.net, den engelska utgåvan på internet, har nu publicerad teckningar:
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/rdonlyres/90F10D46-A67C-47C6-B340-1A95D5921BB8/111011/123BB44EA160431197AEA92F868C88E1.jpg
Kanske någon bör attackera Aljazeeras website likaså.
Eller är det okej att publicera en bild av en bild...? :speechles

Ulex
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 09:37 PM
I am happy to see you all supporting my country.

I have never been anti-islamic and nor have I been anti-arabic. But I get angry when I see someone burn my flag.

http://www.israel-info.dk/flora/user/webimages/39/hamas-burnflag.gif

Kalevi
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 10:56 PM
http://i1.tinypic.com/n1c9ip.jpg

Hehe... :D

But perhaps this IS a good idea to show your support by compensating the loss of Danish dairy industry.

troapler
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 11:03 PM
Ok what are Denmark`s main beermarks I be sure to buy some. Faxe is Danish isn`t it. And I even will throw my principles of not buying imported beers overboard for this occation ;)

Skildur
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 11:19 PM
Ok what are Denmark`s main beermarks I be sure to buy some. Faxe is Danish isn`t it. And I even will throw my principles of not buying imported beers overboard for this occation ;)

yes, Faxe is one of my favourite beer. :D :flagge14:

Ulex
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 11:42 PM
Yes, Faxe is Danish. And so is Carlsberg and Tuborg. And it is all for export. What I don't like to see being exported, though, is the few Nordics we have left.

When we are able to provide the world with a surplus of Nordics, they will be open for export. :D

Pellonpekko
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006, 11:46 PM
Support Denmark! (http://skender.be/supportdenmark/)

:flagge14:

Blutwölfin
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 12:16 AM
Funny that Aljazeera (http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/90F10D46-A67C-47C6-B340-1A95D5921BB8.htm) is obviously "allowed" to publish pictures of the drawings. Or is it something completely different to show just "a picture from the picture"? :speechles

Blood_Axis
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 12:44 AM
Count me in as well :)

Sifsvina
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 01:19 AM
Hmmm....it's horrific that they drew cartoons of muhammad but death treats are okay.....:doh By that logic (if I were Danish) you burned my flag so I can send you death threats?.....Didn't think so.

Lundi
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 10:39 AM

Buying more Danish beer is always good but I doubt beer sales have been hit at all after the Muslim boycott of Danish products (after all most Muslims don’t drink alcohol). Denmark exports mostly Dairy products to the Muslim countries and is in fact the only few countries to do so. Danish-Swedish dairy product maker Arla Foods, with annual Middle East sales of 3 billion Danish crowns is loosing the most at the moment from this boycott and therefore we must buy some Danish butter and just eat it straight from the container :P

svenskfinsk
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
I already buy 4 liters of Arla milk a day... Better do my duty and make it five! :)

ornendil
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 11:48 AM
I don't think we get much danish dairy products up here. We mostly produce our own, I think.

Richarður
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 12:42 PM
Every single day I buy one pack of Prince, every weekend I buy a sixpack of Tuborg. I'll double it if it will help!

These muslims... Those islamic people... They are burning our flags, calling us devils, and so-on and so-on. I'm very proud that Norway was second up with those pictures. I'm starting to get sick of defending myself and my country in discussions in class though. About this flagburning and the hatered against us Norwegians. It's a pity that so many Norwegians are ignorant to this matter.

The girls I know especially finds it awful that the pictures was printed. They say it's wrong because we have to respect their religion. If they really want to respect their religion I guess they can be a second or third wife for some man, maybe wear a burka and just hide themselves from everyone.

Let's just do as well as we can. Support danish products! Give us back the freedom of speach!

Aptrgangr
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
I recommend Danish cheese - I will buy it even more often now. And Danish seafood is very good as well, I mention makerells and trout here. I also recommend smørrebrød, everyone can prepare this...:icon12:

Japetos
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
Denmark and all West are for Capitalist values in modern days...

CountBloodSpawn
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 05:03 PM
it sounds like just another group of disporea people acting overly sensitive again, if Danish cartoonists can't be charged with drawing anything offensive because thats how the laws are in Denmark then shut up and deal with it, you can't change laws having to do with writing or drawing, now the whole Danish state and Danish nationalism is being treated as a scape goat

Slå ring om Norge
Thursday, February 2nd, 2006, 06:21 PM
Within few days, Norway will probably need the same support...:(

But nothing unites like a common enemy...This may bring Europeans together in a way we have never seen before.;)

For my friends, all the best! And to hell with the rest!

TH

beowulf wodenson
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 12:01 AM
Hail Danes for taking a stand for freedom against alien oppression:beer-smil :flagge14: !! A great shame the editor of the French paper was fired for excercising free speech. :bloed_2: The sheer presumptuousness of the muslims is amazing, believing they as pretty well unwanted guests have a right to dictate to European nations what they can and cannot exhibit just because their alien religion is crossed. Go home Muhammed!!

Hell Cell
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 12:22 AM
The more things like this occur the more it will be come apparent that third worlders have no belonging in civilised nations. They just drag it down to their level.

Burning flags over some cartoons these people are so low and the thing is their leaders are also demanding ludicrous actions be taken.

These people are not just wicked they are pathetic.

Hell Cell
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 12:23 AM
I'll be buying Pints of Carlsbergs all over the weekend god bless Scandinavia!!!

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 04:04 AM
Danes have an absolute right to free speech. It was a newspaper which did this, not the Danish government. Inspite of this these Muslims protesting seem to be saying to the Danish government and other governments in Europe that they have to do something about this. If the Danish government is going to do anything, I suggest the Danish government pay for a one way ticket to Egypt for anyone offended.

Wolfgang Reinhard
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 07:40 AM
Der Bekämpfer des "Nazipacks" in Deutschland David Gall (gehackte Hagalil.com) beschreibt die Strategie der Internationalisten sehr schön, wo man die europäischen Völker mental hinbringen will:

" Diese Art zu terrorisieren, zu hetzen und zu drohen, wie das in der ganzen arabischen Welt infolge der veröffentlichten Karikaturen geschieht, "gefällt mir überhaupt nicht", sagt Gall. "Vielleicht sollte der Westen auch mal beleidigt reagieren auf die unbeschreibliche Hetze mitsamt Beleidigungen, die täglich in der arabischen Welt veröffentlicht werden." http://www.n-tv.de/629953.html

Und - warum sollten wir uns vor ihren Karren spannen lassen wollen?

Das Konzept der Internationalisten

Dieser Vorgang zeigt geradezu bilderbuchartig die Vorgehensweise der Internationalisten auf:

Ist-Analyse: die Aktivitäten eines Gegners hier Muslims gefallen nicht. Was ist zu tun?
die Internationalisten formulieren das Strategie-Ziel:

als direkt Betroffene können sie wenig tun. Also schieben sie die fünfte Kolonne - ihre Medien vor.
Unter dem Deckmantel der von ihnen geschaffenen Freiheit der Medien zu hetzen mimen sie die Unschuldsengel
Und bringen Hetzartikel – hier Karikaturen
Um Aufruhr zu produzieren
Und Solidarität zwischen ihnen und ihren unterdrückten und geführten Völkern herzustellen
Umsetzung Teil I

Karikaturen werden in einem Blatt gebracht - als Test
In der präzise vorberechneten Reaktion entsteht Aufruhr
Wunderbar - es funktioniert
Jetzt ziehen die Kollegen des Schweine-Journalismus aus anderen Ländern mit
Aufruhr steigert sich usw.
Umsetzung Teil II
Jetzt erfolgt Aufruf zur Solidarität
Denn „unsere“ westliche Lebensart und die Freiheit der Presse wird angegriffen

Ergebnis:
Viele fallen rein, solidarisieren sich
und die Internationalisten haben ihre Front gegen ihre Feinde durch uns gestärkt Und - warum sollten wir uns vor ihren Karren spannen lassen wollen?

Jekatrina
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 10:59 PM
I'm so glad we're being supported by all you guys, and all the countries that are supporting us, for that matter. In the beginning of all this, I actually thought we'd be standing alone, since this is a thing that has always been kept somewhat silent.. which has now blown up to be the biggest issue in the world right now. I work for Jyllands-Posten, and it's actually quite terrible to see how some of the Danish citizens are supporting the muslims' boycott of Danish products. I know it is far from the majority of our country's citizens, but it's still amazing.. it's DANES, for crying out loud!
But I really thank you for your support.. If you have the opportunity, it'd be great if you could buy some Arla products.. I know some people who work for Arla, and this is really pushing it all to the edge..

Blutwölfin
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 11:23 PM
Arla (http://www.arla.dk/)

If you see this brand - buy it! :flagge14:

Jekatrina
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 11:29 PM
Yes, exactly, Blutwölfin! Thank you!!

Fortis_in_Arduis
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 11:44 PM
Time to buy some Danish pastry! European countries should boycott the Middle East and just trade food for oil, that would sort this out!

Saudi Arabia et al would return to the dust.

Sigurd
Friday, February 3rd, 2006, 11:47 PM
Time to buy some Danish pastry!

If the bakery was only open tomorrow here, it would make a very good breakfast! :)

ChaosLord
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 12:14 AM
I don't know if anyone shares the same opinion as I, but to me this Muslim expansion throughout Europe seems to be a modern day "Crusades" to me. The Muslims invaded parts of Europe and were thwarted back, but now they are using civil liberities and democratic views as a means of infiltration and taking over Europe. I think that Denmark just had the louder voice of the European countries and said what was on everyone's mind about the Muslims. In return, Denmark is now being labeled as "racist" or "intolerant" towards the Islamic religion. Denmark, or any part of Europe for that matter, should not have to tolerate the Muslim expansion. Sorry to say, but if Europe continues to allow this mudslide to infiltrate its countries, then it will be another Muslim continent and overrun by zealous fanatics who want to change Europe's laws and heritage for their own views. It is time for Europe to unite and push away these oppressors!

Thusnelda
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Ive found a picture showing a viking slashing a mosque.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/361/1379576gr.jpg

Hell Cell
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I would love to buy it any idea how to get one?

Richarður
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I would love to buy it any idea how to get one?

Count me in. I would like to buy one of those too.
I will wear it with pride.

blanc
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Islamic extremists are using Norway as a base for terrorist operations overseas, but the head of Norway's security police claims they're being watched.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/lo...cle1213691.ece

not too sure where to post this?

blanc
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 03:08 PM
New Zealand have now printed the cartoons.:icon_bigg , but nothing from the British press. British press, get of the fence wimps.

blanc
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Danish embassy in Syria been attacked and set on fire.

newenstad
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 03:12 PM

Atlas
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Good ! More incidents such as this and we will have more vote going for the right-wing leaders in Europe. People are pissed enough to see their own flags being torched by a bunch of angry mudslims.

Sigurd
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Danish pastry with Lurpak butter will make a nice brunch today. :D

Sigurd
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Arla (http://www.arla.dk/)

If you see this brand - buy it! :flagge14:

Good. If I see that, that'll give a good desert. :)

Leofric
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 07:32 PM
When Godiva and I heard about the boycott against Denmark, we decided to go out and do our part to help the anti-boycott. We bought a few pounds of Denmark's Finest havarti cheese, as well as almost all of the Vikings Legos set (one of the items in the set was out of stock in our local toy store — we'll have to go back for it). We had a lot of fun putting the toys together! We also placed an order for the full stories of Hans Christian Andersen in Danish from a Danish press. These are all things we would have wanted anyway, but now is the perfect time to get them. :D

Here's a picture of some of our new toys. Notice that the ballista actually works, and there's a bolt flying toward the Niðhogg! In the background you can see Fenris attacking a well-armed viking, as well as a wyvern closing in on a small boat. In the foreground on the left, you'll notice a sword-wielding viking protecting a chest of treasure. (It's all very symbolically applicable to the current situation, really.) We haven't assembled Fafnir atacking the fortress yet — but we're excited for it!

Wolfgang Reinhard
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.nnpk.net/photo/Kolonisatoren-Raus-aus-D.jpg

londonenglish
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Buy Danish Bacon and Butter.:)

Zaborra
Saturday, February 4th, 2006, 11:11 PM
If we are true europeans,we MUST defend our culture and customs!
They can call us nazis,untolerants,retrogrades and more...but we are the only ones that think in the best future for our sons/daughters.
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/347/europes20future20je.jpg
See what happened to german and french people because of them,now it can happen everywhere
We don´t need Islam=summision.
http://www.periodistadigital.com/imgs/20060131/Mahoma_caricaturas.jpg
SUPPORT DANEMARK AND NORWAY!!!
SAY NO TO TURKEY!!!
SUPPORT REAL EUROPE!!!

P.S:Greets by the way!!:thumbsup

Jekatrina
Sunday, February 5th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Hey, the t-shirt you talked about earlier is being sold several places in DK, but you can also buy it here:

http://www.nordvind-records.net/shop/product_info.php?products_id=320

And as Richarður said; wear it with pride!

canaria
Sunday, February 5th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Robert Fisk's article:

Robert Fisk: Don't be fooled, this isn't an issue of Islam versus secularism

'The Koran does not forbid images of the Prophet but millions of Muslims do'

Published: 04 February 2006

So now it's cartoons of the Prophet Mohamed with a bomb-shaped turban. Ambassadors are withdrawn from Denmark, Gulf nations clear their shelves of Danish produce, Gaza gunmen threaten the European Union. In Denmark, Fleming Rose, the "culture" editor of the pip-squeak newspaper which published these silly cartoons - last September, for heaven's sake - announces that we are witnessing a "clash of civilisations" between secular Western democracies and Islamic societies. This does prove, I suppose, that Danish journalists follow in the tradition of Hans Christian Anderson. Oh lordy, lordy. What we're witnessing is the childishness of civilisations.
So let's start off with the Department of Home Truths. This is not an issue of secularism versus Islam. For Muslims, the Prophet is the man who received divine words directly from God. We see our prophets as faintly historical figures, at odds with our high-tech human rights, almost cariacatures of themselves. The fact is that Muslims live their religion. We do not. They have kept their faith through innumerable historical vicissitudes. We have lost our faith ever since Matthew Arnold wrote about the sea's "long, withdrawing roar". That's why we talk about "the West versus Islam" rather than "Christians versus Islam" - because there aren't an awful lot of Christians left in Europe. There is no way we can get round this by setting up all the other world religions and asking why we are not allowed to make fun of Mohamed.
Article Length: 738 words (approx.)

I think he is right.This support denmark company is ridicolous.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, February 5th, 2006, 05:38 AM
When Godiva and I heard about the boycott against Denmark, we decided to go out and do our part to help the anti-boycott. We bought a few pounds of Denmark's Finest havarti cheese, as well as almost all of the Vikings Legos set (one of the items in the set was out of stock in our local toy store — we'll have to go back for it). We had a lot of fun putting the toys together! We also placed an order for the full stories of Hans Christian Andersen in Danish from a Danish press. These are all things we would have wanted anyway, but now is the perfect time to get them. :D

Here's a picture of some of our new toys. Notice that the ballista actually works, and there's a bolt flying toward the Niðhogg! In the background you can see Fenris attacking a well-armed viking, as well as a wyvern closing in on a small boat. In the foreground on the left, you'll notice a sword-wielding viking protecting a chest of treasure. (It's all very symbolically applicable to the current situation, really.) We haven't assembled Fafnir atacking the fortress yet — but we're excited for it!

This is an excellent idea! I know a store where I can by Danish cheeze. I will buy some harvarti tomorrow and look for Danish beer and other products.

I just cleared it with the Boss (wife) so tomorrow will be a big purchase of anything Danish.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Sunday, February 5th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Isn't it time to take the gloves off? The Danish newspaper gave an apology. By now I am sure every newspaper who reprined the cartoon did likewise. That is all anyone can do. If Muslims are determined to make an issue of this then maybe this should be done.

Danes are entitled to say and think whatever they want to say and think. We all know this deep in our bones. Anyone who even thinks himself an equal has this right by definition and culture. This newspaper was absolutely right in making a cartoon of anything it wishes. Now we know it offended a great number of people but the newspaper, while still having the right to print what it did, realized it had offended people unnecessarily and made an appropriate apology. Meanwhile, Muslims are taking their anger out on Danes in specific and even Europeans in general.

Fine, that may be fine in Muslim countries. The point is they have no right to impose their values on anyone outside their borders. We could talk about ethnocentricism, but that would probably just be a waste on these people. From now on, I hope nobody will take one step back, no more apologies, no more excuses, no more back peddling, nothing. If they don't like it, screw them.

I wish, that if Muslims made trouble in Europe, they would be deported. Deport the adults and the children will follow. They can make all the noise they want in their own countries. For a couple days now all we see is them buring and demonstrating and shouting hate at Danes and other Europeans. This same treatment is what I would wish on them inside Europe. Norwegians, Argentinians, and Germans have all been attacked according to reports---Argentinians---they are simply attacking westerners. This really is a culture war.

When it was justified, Europeans were not shy about demonstrating against American policies. I can only hope they do the same concerning this issue.

NatRev
Sunday, February 5th, 2006, 11:54 AM
I think this whole storm shows that Islamic fundamentalism is totally incompatible with western secular thought. Sure we may have problems with democracy but we don't all go around with placards and banners demanding death to a certain group just for having a different opinion to us.

In Syria, the Arabs can do what the hell they want, sorry but it's their country and if they want to riot and screw up their economy, fine... just don't knocking on my door when they're hungry. However, when I see Arabs living in the west ranting on about killings and fatwas it makes me sick. Why the HELL are they here if they hate the west so damned much?

I also saw something on the news about some ship sinking near Saudi Arabia with so many *pilgrims* on it. Well I don't think it'll be long before someone organises a benefit thingy to help the victims of this *disaster* ahem... I for one will certainly be digging deep in my pockets and contributing money towards this fund... NOT!

The PC friendly media may try and get some liberal media friendly muslim on board and try to make out that the extremists are just a few fringe elements of Islam but in reality everyone knows that they are ALL like this.

Islam is NOT a religion of peace, it is a CULT of DEATH, INTOLLERANCE and BIGOTRY. It has no place in Europe and the sooner people wake up and face up to REALITY the better.

"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

"What we have to fight for is the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the creator"

RusViking
Sunday, February 5th, 2006, 06:03 PM
RADICAL Muslims are like Nazi's and need do be dealt with the same way.

NatRev
Sunday, February 5th, 2006, 06:27 PM
That is such an asinine statement.

The Muslims can do what the hell they want in their own cesspit countries and hopefully either kill themselves with wars or die from some forsaken virus but they must get out of Europe first.

It's wrong for cartoonists to draw silly pictures of an historical character who is as relevant to western thinking as Genghis Khan yet it's OK for Abu Hamza to preach hate and violence against the West from WITHIN the West? :-O http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3752517.stm

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, February 7th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Today these Koran-thumpers have demanded that all of Europe apologize since newspapers all over Europe have reprinted the cartoons in support for the newspaper in Denmark and its right to free speech. These Muslim people are telling people in Europe that they are wrong in their own countries, following their own customs and laws. Screw them.

Meanwhile, American newspapers and mass media are too gutless to reproduce the cartoons originally printed in Denmark. America, already at war in two Muslim countries, is afraid. All the "heros of 9/11" are silent. Nobody will raise a finger of unqualified support for Europe on the official level. But on the local, personal level I can tell you that Denmark and all of Europe have 99% support of the American people.

Castor
Wednesday, February 8th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Finnish Iltasanomat has a nice little article about
the debate of the cartoons in Finland.

Iltasanomat is the biggest 'afternoon' newspaper
in Finland and their webportal is one of the most
frequently visited, if not the biggest, in Finland.

------------

Tukea Tanskalle
(Support for Denmark)

Moni suomalainen ostaa nyt periaatteesta tanskalaista.
Pilapiirrosjupakasta alkunsa saanut muslimien raivo on
johtanut tanskalaistuotteiden boikottiin islamilaisissa maissa.
Länsimaissa reaktiot ovat ristiriitaisia.

IS:n nettisivuilla virisi asiasta todella vilkas keskustelu, johon
tiistai-iltapäivään mennessä oli osallistunut lähes 1400 ihmistä.

Länsimainen sananvapaus ja Tanska saivat runsaasti tukea,
joskin myös tukkapöllyä osalta kirjoittajista. Poliittisia tuenilmauksia
Suomen päättäjiltä toivottiin.

Käytännön tukikeinona monet ehdottivat tanskalaisten tuotteiden
suosimista, koska ne eivät kerran enää Lähi-idässä kelpaa.

- Mukava saada tällaista positiivista palautettakin, innostuu Tanskan
Suomen-suurlähetystön kaupallinen neuvoja Jonas Rosenberg.

Rosenbergin suositukset suomalaiskuluttajille löytyvät ruokatiskiltä.

- Blå Castello -juustot, Dan Caket, Anton Bergin suklaa, hän luettelee.

- Ja ai niin, tietysti Carlsbergin olut!

Mitään varsinaista Ostakaa tanskalaista -liikettä kukaan ei vielä ole
Suomessa lanseeraamassa. Itse asiassa kuluttajien vastaboikotti olisikin
jokseenkin uusi idea.

Iltasanomat (http://www.iltasanomat.fi/uutiset/kotimaa.htm#id1125920)

------------

Swe translation of the article:

"Manga finlandare koper nu danska produkter for principens skull.
Pga helafaderullan som vackts av muhammedteckningarna och muslimernas
raseri bojkottas danska produkter i dom islamska landerna. I vastvarlden
har reaktionerna varit motstridiga.

Pa Iltasanomats natsida uppvacktes en livlig debatt, var over 1400
manniskor deltagit tom tisdag eftermiddag ( nu 3956 kommentar ).

Den vastliga yttrandefriheten och Danmark fick mycket support, aven
om orfilar gavs fran en del av skrivarna. Fran de finska politikerna
onskades yttranden av politisk support.

Favorisering av danska produkter foreslogs av manga som praktiska
supportmedel, nar dom produkterna inte godtages i Mellanostern.

- Fint antt fa positiv feedback i stil med det har, sager
Jonas Rosenberg fortjust fran den danska ambassaden.

Rosenbergs rekommendationer for de finska konsumenterna kan
hittas fran matavdelningen.

- Blå Castello -ost, Dan Cakes, Anton Berg choklad, raknar han upp.

- Oja, Carlsberg ol forstas!

Ingen egentlig Kop danskt-rorelse haller ingen annu pa med att starta
i Finland. I sjalva verket vore en motbojkott fran konsumenternas sida
en ny ide.

------------

In reference to the 'Buy Danish'-movement, I have different information.
I received a text message circulating in Finland about 4hrs ago, where
people who forward it to his/her friends agree to boycott kebab etc other
muslim restaurants and also agree to buy danish products in support to
Denmark.

Bear in mind I'm in Belgium and still I get this message from Finland.
Finns are normally very calm in questions like this (as ice hockey is the
only thing we REALLY get hot over), but there is definitively a movement
at this moment and it is a counter boycott to muslim products and
defitively supporting Denmark.

Good.

I'm proud of Finns, as this is very new.
I'm 36yrs of age and I have never experienced
anything like this from my countrymen before.

Kalevi
Thursday, February 9th, 2006, 12:37 AM
I'm proud of Finns, as this is very new.
I'm 36yrs of age and I have never experienced
anything like this from my countrymen before.

I've noticed a change of attitude among the normal, middle class working people. For example my parents are quite liberal and generally tolerant, but now they're growing anti-Islamic sentiments, having realized something about those people and their culture. A while ago my mother referred Muslims as a "noisy pack of baboons" and agreed that there's a clear north-south gradient in doing things vs. making noise. :P

Wiseman
Thursday, February 9th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I've noticed a change of attitude among the normal, middle class working people. For example my parents are quite liberal and generally tolerant, but now they're growing anti-Islamic sentiments, having realized something about those people and their culture. A while ago my mother referred Muslims as a "noisy pack of baboons" and agreed that there's a clear north-south gradient in doing things vs. making noise. :P
Also I am witnessing a slow, but gradual and eventual, shift in attitudes. Not only do they begin to realize what Islam and Islamism is about, but they are also beginning to cast a critical eye at other issues, for which answers used to be taken for granted...

This whole debacle has acted as a fresh injection of identity awareness into Europe. We need the Islamists to show who they are, lest we not forget who we are. When people are easing into the fuzzy, world-embracing idea of a universal culture, a good kick in the behind such as the matter with the cartoons is always welcome. ;)

Siegmund
Friday, February 10th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Posts expressing opposing views have been moved to The Opposed and Undecided, here (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=48256).

The topic of the current thread is supporting Denmark. Let's stay on topic, please. :)

Oskorei
Friday, February 10th, 2006, 06:35 PM
The following companies are Danish:

Loge
Friday, February 10th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I don't know if anyone shares the same opinion as I, but to me this Muslim expansion throughout Europe seems to be a modern day "Crusades" to me. The Muslims invaded parts of Europe and were thwarted back, but now they are using civil liberities and democratic views as a means of infiltration and taking over Europe. I think that Denmark just had the louder voice of the European countries and said what was on everyone's mind about the Muslims. In return, Denmark is now being labeled as "racist" or "intolerant" towards the Islamic religion. Denmark, or any part of Europe for that matter, should not have to tolerate the Muslim expansion. Sorry to say, but if Europe continues to allow this mudslide to infiltrate its countries, then it will be another Muslim continent and overrun by zealous fanatics who want to change Europe's laws and heritage for their own views. It is time for Europe to unite and push away these oppressors!

I agree but unfortunately for me I am American so all I can do is support.

Danish Pride
Wednesday, February 15th, 2006, 05:20 PM
mmm....esent Kinder german ?

dont forget LEGO ;)

wat
Friday, February 24th, 2006, 01:39 AM
A new initiative to support Denmark:
http://www.awake.4-all.org

Saturday 25/02/06 - Demonstration in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
more info: http://nekklachten.web-log.nl/log/5051504

Chlodovech
Wednesday, March 8th, 2006, 12:42 AM
I bought some shirts of Wat, and I wore one tonight. This had a tremendous impact on my charisma - the girls said it, not me.

So if you don't wanna be totally unhip during the course of 2006, place your order - so you too can break through the wall of the 20th century. :thumbup

Be part of the hype, don't just stand there. :)

Oswiu
Wednesday, March 8th, 2006, 08:16 PM
mmm....isn't Kinder german ?

NO!!!!!! Don't spoil my happiness! I thought as you did to, and was then DELIGHTED to find Kinder in Oskorei's list of Dansk firms. [[[I've become SO SICK of Lurpak since I started eating it in support of Freedom - Imagine my joy to find that I could do the same by eating CHOCOLATE eggs!]]]

Stewart
Friday, March 10th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I think that we all agree with chaoslords post,and to quote THOMAS PAINE "To talk of friendship with those in whom our reason forbids us to have faith,is madness and folly" and yet the administrations of all of our countries ,fall over each other in thier rush to placate and appease , those that are dedicated to the destruction of our countries , our way of life ,our societies,and our democratic Christian values, and all those people who think that they have "friends" among the muslim invaders , and make excuses for thier barbarism , need to evacuate cloud cuckoo land immediately, for they do thier countrymen great wrong,and the future generations, who are more than entitled to live in whatever manner they choose without being dictated to by people who have not evolved further than thier primitive beginings.Since i am on your website i will attempt to abide by your rules,but you can not defeat a monster by being nice to him,if you wish to know what i really think ,read my blog,
http://journals.aol.co.uk/rcross05/THEENGLISHMAN

Stewart
Saturday, March 11th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I understand from the "news"that members of the great "religion of peace",big brave grown men, are actively hunting the offspring of the cartoonists who dared to engage in free speech without the permission of the paedophiles underlings,these are the odds that appeal to big brave muslim freedom fighters,twelve to a small child,they need the extra backup in case the child begins to fight back,thus scaring them, how much of this are we going to take before we grow some backbone and do what we should have done a long time ago?
But on a lighter note ,what do you call a muslim with a sheep and a goat?
bisexual!

HowlingOskorei
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:20 AM
I owe the Danes some thanks. If they didn't piss off the Muslims, the Muslims wouldn't have boycotted their products, and if the Muslims didn't boycott their products, I wouldn't have started buying Danish products, and if I didn't buy Danish products, I wouldn't have discovered Arla black olives and garlic feta cheese. That stuff is better than sex man!

Plus, this whole thing has inspired Canada to take a look at Muslims. We have been less tolerant to them since this whole thing. It bothers Canadians so much because we see how easy it is to piss off Muslims, and how easy it could be our flag or our embassies being burned. There has been much criticism of Islam in our press lately, and even our government has woken up.

Also, when the cartoons were published in Canada, the Muslims here tried to pressure the government to broaden hate laws to make the cartoons illegal. Our Prime Minister said no. In fact, in some provinces, hate crimes laws were loosened. The Halifax Herald ran an article criticizing Jews and denying the Holocaust. I may not agree with Holocaust denial (but I mostly agree with other things said about Jews), but it's a beautiful thing to see that in the paper! Although, I think that article was just published to appease the Muslims because they were whining about how the cartoons were published but there is never anything criticizing Jews. Ironically, Jews were offended, but they did not burn down the building where the paper is printed, nor did they threaten to kill the editor or the writer. No. They wrote to the editor showing their disapproval in a polite manner like responsible and civilized people in a free society should do. Plus, it's idiotic to compare the cartoons to Holocaust denial anyways.

Also, Muslims freely deny atrocities that they have committed, and we never learn about them either. I dare you to try to mention the Armenian Genocide to a Muslim. They will go BALLISTIC. Plus, you never learn anything about it in school, nor are there any documentaries about it on TV. There are scores of Holocaust documentaries though. I sense political correctness double standard in that. It's OK to expose evils committed by whites, but to expose evils committed ny non-whites it's wrong!

frøkendanmark
Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM
haha i thought the same (Kinder is not danish - even the name says it, it means kids in german)

Thanks everyone for supporting our great country! All of this has really tested people... We will win! :sviking

Northern Paladin
Thursday, March 30th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Get a Wife named Freja.:) Marry her make her rounce femmnism go back old to the Norse ways. Have 10 blonde viking brats. Buy em Legos. Teach them the evils of Islamic World Expansionism and Denmark will be the better for it.

The muslims have a right to be angry. But they don't have a right to impose their will on the West. Which is exactly what Islamism seeks to do impose its will on the World.

CountBloodSpawn
Thursday, March 30th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Get a Wife named Freja.:) Marry her make her rounce femmnism go back old to the Norse ways. Have 10 blonde viking brats. Buy em Legos. Teach them the evils of Islamic World Expansionism and Denmark will be the better for it.

The muslims have a right to be angry. But they don't have a right to impose their will on the West. Which is exactly what Islamism seeks to do impose its will on the World.

you said it, Islamism does try to impose its own will on the world, I'm glad though that all the violent rioting is dieing down, some Iranians are starting to be more reasonable about things by responding with cartoons of their own designed to be offensive toward the politically correct part of the western world

lacenaire
Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I totally support Denmark.

The exercise of the Freedom of Speech and Thought does not hinder nor prevent in anyway whatsoever the Freedom to choose and practice any religious belief.