PDA

View Full Version : Which religion is the right one for you?

Russian_Philosopher
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 01:13 AM
Link http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=10907&first=yes

You scored as atheism.

You are... an atheist, though you probably already knew this. Also, you probably have several people praying daily for your soul. Instead of simply being "nonreligious," atheists strongly believe in the lack of existence of a higher being, or God.

atheism - 100%

Satanism - 96%

Paganism - 75%

Buddhism - 67%

agnosticism - 67%

Judaism - 63%

Islam - 58%

Hinduism - 29%

Christianity - 8%

Wow!! I'm True Nietzschean!!!! :D

Pellonpekko
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 01:32 AM
You scored as Buddhism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Buddhism 83%

Paganism 71%

agnosticism 54%

Islam 50%

Judaism 29%

Hinduism 29%

atheism 25%

Satanism 25%

Christianity 4%

hmmm ;)

Blutwölfin
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 01:47 AM
You scored as Satanism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Satanism 67%

Judaism 50%

Hinduism 50%

Paganism 50%

agnosticism 42%

Buddhism 33%

Islam 27%

atheism 17%

Christianity 0%

:D

Ewergrin
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 04:16 AM
As I expected.

Russian_Philosopher
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 04:27 AM
Before you scream...
I would to YELL! :rolleyes:
You're :winner:

Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Siegfried
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 09:20 AM
My results:

You scored as Paganism.

Your beliefs are most closely aligned with those of paganism, Wicca, or a similar earth-based religion. You may also follow a Native American religion.

Paganism 67%
Hinduism 63%
Agnosticism 63%
Atheism 54%
Buddhism 54%
Islam 50%
Judaism 46%
Satanism 42%
Christianity 21%

PsycholgclMishap
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Interesting...

freya3
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM
You scored as Buddhism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Buddhism

79%
Islam

58%
Hinduism

54%
Judaism

50%
Paganism

46%
Satanism

42%
Christianity

38%
agnosticism

25%
atheism

13%

Allenson
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM
Paganism--go figure! ;)

Gorm the Old
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 09:56 PM
Agnosticism. This came as no surprise to me. Though I lean toward the advaita Vedanta, my position has always (since I was about 18, anyhow) been agnostic. I don't believe in belief. If I don't know, I admit it and content myself with that. I'm not going to assert the truth of something I don't know to be true because I want it to be true. That, which passes as faith with many people, is DISHONEST. Saying that "I believe" what I do not and can not know to be true is self-deception.

ornendil
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2006, 11:39 PM
Buddhism - 83%
Hinduism - 79%
agnosticism - 79%
Islam - 75%
Paganism - 71%
Judaism - 50%
atheism - 42%
Satanism - 33%
Christianity - 17%

Russian_Philosopher
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Interesting...
...one more "Satanist" :P

http://forum.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=40681 Who is Satan?

Frans_Jozef
Sunday, January 8th, 2006, 03:02 AM
You scored as Buddhism.

Buddhism

63%

Satanism

63%

agnosticism

63%

Islam

58%

Judaism

58%

Paganism

54%

atheism

38%

Hinduism

33%

Christianity

21%

Sigurd
Sunday, January 8th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Your beliefs are most closely aligned with those of paganism, Wicca, or a similar earth-based religion. You may also follow a Native American religion.

Paganism 75%
Satanism 75%
Buddhism 71%
Islam 50%
Judaism 50%
Hinduism 33%
agnosticism 33%
Christianity 25%
atheism 21 %

1)I cannot see why Islam and Judaism are so high :eek
And "Wicca, or a similar....religion...Native American
Bullshit.

Weg
Tuesday, January 10th, 2006, 05:52 AM
You scored as Satanism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.

Satanism 75%
agnosticism 67%
Paganism 67%
Buddhism 63%
Judaism 50%
Hinduism 50%
atheism 46%
Islam 42%
Christianity 17%

Hu?... I don't think so...

PsycholgclMishap
Tuesday, January 10th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Hu?... I don't think so...
...why not?

Æthelweard
Tuesday, January 10th, 2006, 08:16 PM
lol :doh

You scored as agnosticism.

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism

79%

atheism

67%

Satanism

63%

Paganism

58%

Islam

50%

Hinduism

46%

Buddhism

42%

Judaism

42%

Christianity

25%

Weg
Tuesday, January 10th, 2006, 08:18 PM
...why not?

It's just that Satanism is not what I was expecting...

PsycholgclMishap
Tuesday, January 10th, 2006, 08:29 PM
It's just that Satanism is not what I was expecting...
The lack of animal and human sacrifices throw you off? lol. ;)

Weg
Tuesday, January 10th, 2006, 11:33 PM
The lack of animal and human sacrifices throw you off? lol. ;)

You said it. Cruel lack of virgin sacrifices... ;)

Innipunn
Monday, July 10th, 2006, 04:30 AM
You scored as Paganism.

atheism
79%

Satanism
79%

Paganism
79%

agnosticism
79%

Buddhism
54%

Islam
46%

Judaism
33%

Hinduism
25%

Christianity
17%

Eurovox
Monday, July 10th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Of course I knew it already, but satanism being second place is less problably, since satanism is just the other's coin face of christinsanity.

atheism

100%
Satanism

79%
agnosticism

67%
Judaism

58%
Buddhism

58%
Paganism

54%
Islam

33%
Hinduism

4%
Christianity

0%

nordicdusk
Monday, July 10th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I know i did this test before but never posted the results.
My top 3 are as follows

Paganism 100%

Buddhism 96%

Satanism 92%

Pørdy Mountain
Monday, July 10th, 2006, 11:57 PM
You are an agnostic. (Well, tell me something I did not know :P)
Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism 92%
Buddhism 75%
Paganism 67%
atheism 58%
Islam 54%
Satanism 50%
Judaism 50%
Hinduism 38%
Christianity 33%

But why, oh why is Islam that high? 54%? Bah.. :runaway

Northerner
Wednesday, July 12th, 2006, 09:06 PM
According to this test, the religion that best approximates my beliefs is Islam. In the immortal words of member Sigurd, my immediate response to this test is a polite...

Bullshit.

But don't worry, as I don't plan on converting anytime in the near future.

My main consolation in all this that I got a relatively weak 67% for Islam. I noticed that many of the respondents had scores of greater than or equal to 80% for one or more religions. For all of the other religions, my score was clearly and usually significantly well below 50%. Perhaps that is because my beliefs have generally been subject to change. I know that I don't have all of the answers and hold few things as absolute. I observe that I scored very low on Christianity and Judaism. My beliefs are my own and perhaps the low percentages indicate that they don't fall easily into one belief system. Of course, it could mean that my beliefs are just a hodge-podge of many often contradictory ideas and that I am just full of ....(see above quote by Sigurd).

Best wishes to ALL

Your beliefs are most similar to those of Islam. Do more research on Islam and possibly consider taking the shahadah and officially becoming a Muslim, if you aren't already. Despite the actions of some - who go against the teachings of Islam - Islam is a religion of peace; the word "islam" means "peace through submission to God." "Muslim" means "one who submits to God." Islam is the third of the three Abrahamic faiths, and it shares much with Judaism in Christianity; its differences are the acceptance of Muhammad as the last and final prophet, and the oneness of God - in other words, that Jesus, though he was a revered prophet, was not in fact God, and only one God exists. Apparently the Taliban could not read (though their name means "students"), because the Qur'an states that men and women are equal as believers, and that all believers should be educated and seek knowledge. Modesty in dress and behavior is required in Islam for both men and women to preserve the values of society and move the emphasis from superificial appearance to intelligence, knowledge, and God.

Islam 67%

Buddhism 46%

Christianity 38%

Satanism 33%

Paganism 29%

Judaism 25%

Hinduism 25%

atheism 21%

agnosticism 17%

Alkman
Thursday, July 13th, 2006, 12:43 AM
You scored as atheism.

You are... an atheist, though you probably already knew this. Also, you probably have several people praying daily for your soul. Instead of simply being "nonreligious," atheists strongly believe in the lack of existence of a higher being, or God.

atheism

79%

Satanism

75%

Paganism

71%

Hinduism

63%

Buddhism

58%

agnosticism

58%

Islam

46%

Judaism

13%

Christianity

8%

Gorm the Old
Thursday, July 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Well, I tried the quiz again, out of curiosity. I'm consistent. As expected, I came out as an agnostic:

Agnosticism 92%
Buddhism 79
Paganism 75 (?)
Atheism 63 Atheism requires too much faith for me.
Satanism 63 Satanism also requires too much faith.
Islam 50 !? I LOATHE Islam.
Hinduism 50 I would have expected this score to be higher.
Judaism 25
Chrtistianity 8

Ælfhere
Saturday, September 9th, 2006, 08:17 AM
You scored as Buddhism.

Buddhism 71%

agnosticism 63%

Hinduism 54%

Paganism 50%

Judaism 50%

Islam 38%

Satanism 38%

atheism 38%

Christianity 0%