PDA

View Full Version : Bird Flu: Will You Get Vaccinated?

Blutwölfin
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 10:17 AM
The bird flu is coming to Europe. Thousands of birds have already been culled in Turkey and Romania. EU veterinary officers are to hold an emergency meeting to discuss new measures to prevent a spreading. A separate EU meeting of experts on bird flu is expected to issue advice on the potential risk for humans who come into contact with migratory birds. EU countries are being urged to stockpile anti-viral drugs after it was confirmed that avian influenza found in Turkey was the H5N1 type that is fatal to humans.

Are you afraid? Will you get vaccinated?

Sigurd
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 01:18 PM
If we take racial precautions, we don't need vaccinations...

Tomas.
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Well, I'm not really too worried about it AT THE MOMENT. We are quite safe at the moment. It is only be a risk to us if the virus mutates. The only lethal type of bird flu at the moment is in Turkey apparently.

Weg
Saturday, October 15th, 2005, 04:49 AM

What do you mean by "racial precautions"? They are chickens, not humans. I certainly didn't get what you meant. ;) The only precaution to take is to burn the chicken before you eat it. It kills the virus. Digestion would kill it too from what I've heard on radio...

No, I'm not affraid. It's not the first animal crisis we've in Europe. There were the cows, the porks, the chicken again. Anyways, I'm fed up with chicken. I prefer pork.

Cuchullain
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2005, 12:30 PM
No, I will not react to the scare tactics employed by the worlds politicians. I never got 'Mad Cow disease', I was not attacked by Anthrax and my world did not end due to the Y2K problem. I will not be scared in to a controllable state by the media or by governments.

Slainte

Preußischer_Schatten
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 03:04 AM
:haha

That made my evening.

I voted no because I don't really believe in the idea of getting excessive vaccinations every time a person comes down with a viral infection. I think it's better to let immunity fight it off on its own.

Sigurd
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 03:08 AM
What do you mean by "racial precautions"? They are chickens, not humans. I certainly didn't get what you meant. ;) The only precaution to take is to burn the chicken before you eat it. It kills the virus. Digestion would kill it too from what I've heard on radio...

No, I'm not affraid. It's not the first animal crisis we've in Europe. There were the cows, the porks, the chicken again. Anyways, I'm fed up with chicken. I prefer pork.

We'll, as you may be aware, it is more dangerous once it transform into a virus that spread like usual flu. I believe that bird flu cases on human beings have been experienced in Turkey or South east Asia. So if we don't let people in from those countries, then it wouldn't be transmitted.

And I heavily doubt that Turkish Turkeys or Chicks will get it onto ours, either. ;)

Arlette
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 04:36 AM
All these vaccinations do no good as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps if people stopped cramming their bodies with unhealthy foods and over the counter drugs their immune systems would be less inept. If this virus does become a threat then there are others way to deal with it. But to me this sounds all too much like the SARS "threat" we had recently, not to mention every other supposed "threat" that passes through large cities that serves only to send the populace into further irrational fear. If it's not a big enough threat for this country to close its borders to non-European immigration (particularly from asiatic nations) then it's not a big enough threat for everyone and their dog to get a bloody flu shot or whatever it is they're shoving down peoples throats lately.

Weg
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
We'll, as you may be aware, it is more dangerous once it transform into a virus that spread like usual flu. I believe that bird flu cases on human beings have been experienced in Turkey or South east Asia. So if we don't let people in from those countries, then it wouldn't be transmitted.

And I heavily doubt that Turkish Turkeys or Chicks will get it onto ours, either. ;)

Ho that's it. Well you're right. :) Unfortunately... we can't stop them yet. No borders anymore... you know the whole thing. Bloody EU...

I had eggs for dinner the day before yesterday... :eek

freya3
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 03:55 PM
Do you guys not ever wonder if all this hype about these "flus" and "viruses" aren't some type of warfare accidentally leaked out by some group? Or if it is just hype itself? I know that there have been reported deaths and illnesses in Asia and it is now coming to a town near you, but I just don't think it is as rampant as the media wants us to think .

I don't know...I guess when I am in the bed dying, I might think differently...:eek

Until then, I don't vaccinate myself, and I haven't for years.

Ewergrin
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
Do you guys not ever wonder if all this hype about these "flus" and "viruses" aren't some type of warfare accidentally leaked out by some group? Or if it is just hype itself? I know that there have been reported deaths and illnesses in Asia and it is now coming to a town near you, but I just don't think it is as rampant as the media wants us to think .

I don't know...I guess when I am in the bed dying, I might think differently...:eek

Until then, I don't vaccinate myself, and I haven't for years.
I don't put anything past our current world leaders. Scare tacticts are comonly used, and have been for centuries, by the ruling class to control and influence the public.

I actually have a video by Alex Jones (http://infowars.com/) about vaccinations. I should upload it one day.

PsycholgclMishap
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 06:14 PM
This topic slightly reminds me of the movie "Miss Evers' Boys".

freya3
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
I don't put anything past our current world leaders. Scare tacticts are comonly used, and have been for centuries, by the ruling class to control and influence the public.

I actually have a video by Alex Jones (http://infowars.com/) about vaccinations. I should upload it one day.

I would like to see that. I am currently in the process of figuring out what vaccines my baby'to'be needs since I was forced into giving my first all the others. I did not let her get the flu vaccine, however.