PDA

View Full Version : White Man, Black Soul

Sigel
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2005, 11:50 AM
When I was a kid I never understood why I didn’t like a lot of the pop music. I’ve always found musicians like Mick Jagger unpleasant but I was never able to articulate why - it was just a gut-feeling.

About a month ago I was watching a late show when a well known blues and soul singer was introduced. The old black guy didn’t have the voice he once had but did his best nonetheless.

What took my attention were the backing singers and musicians - all white. One lady who sang with him was an attractive blonde with a good voice, even the guy on saxophone was white.

Epiphany time! It hit me. All these people were trying to act black, through the medium of the music. The woman sounded like a black woman and they danced and waved around in that “praise da Lord” Gospel manner.

I know music pundits claim that rock was born of blues, but I’d never made the ‘instinctive’ connection. Everything I disliked about Jagger, his mannerisms, the strut, the pout, the attitude were all the false ‘apings’ of a black man. My gut-dislike as a kid was because I had sensed, at a deep racial level, that the behaviour of such individuals was ‘artificial’.

I got to thinking why whites do this and what role this has played in race-mixing. Why weren’t those backing musicians black? Were where the black female gospel singers? White musicians have stolen a black identity for themselves, sold it to a willing audience of whites hungry for something new, and have never admitted this fact.

This is part of a cultural fetish that continues today with wannabee black Whiggers etc. It’s unhealthy and has almost destroyed our own musical tradition, and with it much of our identity.

Has anyone else any thoughts on this?

Ewergrin
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2005, 05:54 PM
Well, I'm quite positive that just being a member of this forum automatically means that one is sick to death of these ridiculous imposters. I can remember from the time that I was five years old, I did not have the enthusiasm to say the least) for the popular music that I was being introduced to, namely by my twin sister.

Popular music is just that: popular. More often than not, it is shallow, generic, formulaic music without a true heartbeat. Concocted and devised by men intent on becoming rich. Youth of today are force fed this garbage and have become stupid, unaware of the world of real music that is just beyond their fingertips. Mass media has told these kids that it's cool to be black. That has been happening ever since desegregation in the fifties. The sixties brought an era of extreme liberal-mindedness and extreme guilt in the white man. Teaching white youth that it is cool to be black is nothing more than a form of payback by blacks and corrupt whites, who have capitalized on white guilt. Now we have been hurled headlong into the twenty-first century, and the repercussions are both sickening and mind-numbing. Kids today are being raised by pop-television, the worst possible artificial parent mankind could have ever introduced to our young. I say "pop" television because these kids certainly are not watching educational television! Pop-television has taught our young (our future) not only to disregard ancestral pride, but to be ashamed of it. Now that the majority of naive white youth have forsaken their roots, they have turned to alien cultures for the search of self.

Are the kids themselves to be blamed? Maybe not. Where is the proper guidance? Where are the values that were to be instilled in them by their parents? Unfortunately, their parents never even had those values! Morally corrupt and culturally bankrupt members of our own race betrayed us, more than likely.

Thankfully, there are those that find holes in the net, and slip out. I am one of them. Once you have slipped out, they cannot ensnare you again, though they will try if you have children. That's why I have charged myself with the responsibility to make sure that my sons never become their prey.

Sigel
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2005, 07:27 PM
Pop-television has taught our young (our future) not only to disregard ancestral pride, but to be ashamed of it. Now that the majority of naive white youth have forsaken their roots, they have turned to alien cultures for the search of self.
Well said. Most are not even aware that there is such a thing as white culture and those that are, are taught that it is worthless.

Morally corrupt and culturally bankrupt members of our own race betrayed us, more than likely.
Yes, although it's tough to swallow your conclusion, I believe it is correct. It's easier to blame outsiders but in truth it takes two to tango.

Thankfully, there are those that find holes in the net, and slip out. I am one of them. Once you have slipped out, they cannot ensnare you again
Like the Matrix. Once you see through the illusion, you'll never buy it again.

though they will try if you have children. That's why I have charged myself with the responsibility to make sure that my sons never become their prey.
Although it won't be easy, I hope you succeed.

Imperator X
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2005, 08:40 PM
The problem today is that people think of White culture as being simply Polo jerseys, country clubs, and khaki pants. What they don't realize is that the true volkgeist of the European people has as deep and rich a history as anyone. There needs to be a resurgence of Cultural Romanticism on our part, and now it is we who must "break the chains."

Alizon Device
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2005, 09:43 PM
I completely refute the old argument that modern popular music is thanks to black culture (such as it is).
There was a documentary on Channel 4 in England a couple of months ago (which, admittedly, I couldn't be bothered to watch) which claimed that so-called black gospel music actually has its roots in Celtic Britain. That the negro slaves heard their Masters singing their religious songs and bastardized these (sometimes quite complicated) vocal harmonies and chord sequences.

I'm not being facetious, honestly, but no black music could have become popular without technology exclusively invented and developed by our race. Everything from electricity itself, to microphones, recording devices, electronic instruments, mixing desks, automobiles to transport CDs to shops and TVs to hawk their shoddy proto-music to the white Sheep.

I regard popular music as 99.99% utter garbage, but some bands I do have time for include the Beatles (1966 onwards), The Enid, Portishead, Keane and Robyn Hitchcock, and from analysing this popular music, I can discern no dependance on black culture. Or next to none.

I owe black culture nothing for the music I choose to listen to and enjoy.
Absolutely NOTHING!

p.s. If you've got time, and know anything about music/computers please take a quick look at the "Music in my computer" Thread, located in "Help/ Hilfe!". Cheers! :rolleyes:

QuietWind
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 02:10 AM
My husband and I were discussing rap music and culture about a week or so ago. What brought the topic up was we had stepped into a Mexican restaraunt before our driver's safety class (we only had a short time and it was the only thing open within a close distance to the place)-- the joys of living in South Texas. I can honestly say that this was the first time I have ever been in a "mexican-mexican" restaraunt, and I would bet it was a first for my husband as well. We are talking legit, mexican type where they speak very little English, and you feel out of place in because everyone is staring at the "white people" who walked in. We sat down and a young mexican guy a couple of tables over went to the juke box and put on some Mexican rap music sung in Spanish. The rap songs were all about "la raza"-- the race. They were about their people and the unity, etc. I had never heard Mexican rap before, but I had an epiphany while hearing it and my husband and I began discussing rap music in general. We noticed that Mexican rap is singing about their race and pride for it. Black rap (some) does the same--sings about issues concerning them and their cultural. Am Arab guy out in Houston is starting into rap, and he sings about issues like 9/11 and cultural issues concerning his people. There is even Jewish/Chassidic rap/raggae singer who sings about God and his religion. BUT then you have a "white " rap singer- eminem- who doesn't sing about his race and having pride in his people. He sings about raping his own mother. What a disgrace. His mother comes on television horrified about what her son sings about and says about her.

Rap is black music and it is repulsive to me. It's a same to see our youth trying to "act black," wearing baggy pants, cornrows, and rapping. Even more sad, is the fact that at least when other races (Mexican, Arab, Jew etc.) they rap about their people, their race, and their pride in it. Not the White guy-- he raps about things that make him a disgrace to his own race and how much he hates his own people.

Imperator X
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 05:23 AM
@Feuer

Black rappers actually do much to promote the degeneration of their own people. I read my 'weekly blog rant' on my public radio show (which is temporary, is only on every other week for 1/2 an hour, and will end when I go back to my college in late Aug.) My blog rant was entitled "To be divided is uncivilized" and mentioned that the reason why whites have been more successful than say the NA's or blacks is because they are unified. (Even though they subscribe to degenerate ideologies such as multi-culti capitalism.)

A goodly portion of my article mentioned how rappers promote the products of rich white people like liquor and guns that help to destroy their own people. Pop rappers are just vehicles for fat cat CEOs to promote their products. It's not really pride in being black, otherwise they would promote the Pan-African Movement which was popular in the 80's. They sing about killing and selling drugs to their own people. Most are a disgrace to decent black people.

Sigel
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 10:31 AM
I completely refute the old argument that modern popular music is thanks to black culture (such as it is).

I recall seeing some old black & white American TV footage where the commentators were referring to Elvis’ music as “nigger music”. It was also banned in some establishments. The people didn’t recognize it as white music it seems.

Anyone else heard of this?

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 02:18 PM
I recall seeing some old black & white American TV footage where the commentators were referring to Elvis’ music as “nigger music”. It was also banned in some establishments. The people didn’t recognize it as white music it seems.

Yes I have also seen this footage. Both his voice & stage presence (considered vulgar & sexually lewd at the time) was thought to be of something of the devils work,...a perversion of true music/beauty and morals.

Here's a link about the Pentatonic scale in relation to the blues...
http://www.acousticguitarworkshop.com/pentyblu/les1.htm

Ewergrin
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 03:59 PM

Ha! Yes, i have heard of that. Odd it seems, since Elvis was a devoted Christian. I myself am a big fan of Elvis, and even took a vacation to Graceland at the beginning of the Spring. Perhaps he was "Crying in the Chapel" for a wholly different reason: he was burning! :D :eek

infoterror
Friday, August 5th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Has anyone else any thoughts on this?

There's a good reason I don't watch TV, or listen to mainstream music? ;)