PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Rifle/Pistol Combo?

K0ff33
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 02:24 PM
probally been asked before, but indulge the "new guy".:)

say the towel people set off a dirty bomb or something. all our troops are wiped out and mexico invades(insert crazy arse scenario here)

what do you grab?

VEPR .223 -- Cz52

mathydd
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I personally tend to agree with your choice. Cz known for reliability and easy breakdown/ assembly. More generally though I would say choosing any rifle of 223 (NATO 556) calibre and handgun 9 mm. these are military calibres and thus are widely (and inexpensively ) available.

Vestmannr
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 11:34 PM
M1A1 with national match barrel and Shepherd Scope (with reticle for .308 Win.) , and a H&K SOCOM pistol in .45ACP

K0ff33
Tuesday, April 20th, 2004, 01:08 PM
what kinda groups do you get with your M1A1?

serious hardware you got there.
high dollar too.

i picked my VEPR cause i got the russian elcan scope for it. and the 7.62x25 Cz is my answer to light body armour.

No Code
Wednesday, July 21st, 2004, 07:03 AM
M1A1 with national match barrel and Shepherd Scope (with reticle for .308 Win.) , and a H&K SOCOM pistol in .45ACP
SOCOM is heavy. Go with the USP Tatical.

Chinaman
Wednesday, July 21st, 2004, 08:33 AM
VEPR's are decent rifles, but also are rather heavy due to their RPK receiver for a semi-automatic rifle in 5.56x45mm chambering. You would be better off going with a 5.45x39mm AK-74 with the regular stamped receiver IMO. Since these rifles are semi-automatic only, ammunition availability is of little concern. Use your rifle until you can acquire an actual military weapon, and if you need to use more than one battle load of ammunition (~210 rounds or so), you're probably f*cked anyway.

If you don't mind carrying a piece that heavy that you actually want to keep, the M1A setup isn't bad, 7.62x51mm doesn't really do that great with automatic fire anyway. I would tend to suggest an FN FAL over the M1A/M14 series though. FAL's are very rugged weapons, and the magazines can be had very cheap, about $5-$10. Buying a pre-ban M14 magazine is about $40+ IIRC.

It would also depend on what terrains and environments you are in. If you plan to stay in a city area, you might even skip the rifle and go with a submachine gun or autoloader shotgun. SPAS-12 is nice, but heavy. Benelli Super 90 would work fine, and so would a Remington autoloader outfitted like how Wilson Combat does theirs. LAW-12 is a relatively inexpensive Italian autoloader. In certain states, you can acquire a Thompson submachine gun or a German MP40, though somewhat antiquated, these firearms still work surprisingly effectively. The rate of fire on these submachine guns is fairly controllable so they work well, and can fire rapidly on moving targets with good results. Light, durable, and ammunition is common .45ACP or 9mm Parabellum.

Handgun options are fairly flexible, remember that in a conflict like that, your handgun is a backup weapon more or less. Concealability is not an issue. A full size 9mm, such as a Beretta 92FS, G17, or CZ-75 would be excellent.

I would suggest anyone who chooses to buy firearms for protection in case of societal collapse keeps at least 8 magazines for their primary, and two or three for their sidearm. A .22 caliber weapon of any sort would be extremely useful for survival use, shooting small animals for food, etc.

I'd probably just flee the country though. ;) In any case, the scenario you mention is extremely unlikely.

Regards

Patria
Wednesday, July 21st, 2004, 11:37 PM
I like the MG42! Because its efficiency and stability were already proven! :D

http://www.clash-of-steel.co.uk/gallery/pages/med/m_mg42.jpg (http://www.clash-of-steel.co.uk/gallery/pages/full/mg42.jpg)

Phill
Thursday, July 22nd, 2004, 05:34 AM
If somehow the mexicans made it past Detroit and up to the UP... All i would need is the .44 Magnum. (So tell me... do you fell lucky... punk?)

(The thing is so huge, that you could chuck the damn thing at someone and kill them with it if you wanted to. Heh. Recoil may be too horrid for some people to handle, but like that matters too much if you have good aim. One shot, one kill. You have a chance of dismembering a person if you hit them in the shoulder.)

My father has over 22 various guns, and that's just in our basement. There are more than several more out to the hunting camp. We can make our own bullets, and usually do. The guns vary from being (laugh if you want) muzzle loading, to different shotguns, to a .270 Remmington rifle.

Of the many pistols, one is a hand-me-down State Police Issue .45 Semi-Auto. One of a little over a thousand like it were made, and it's never been shot.

On top of all that, there are of course several bows. I think two composite, three recurves... and a longbow?

Usually pretty much all the guys I know have at least a pocket knife nearby (for utility, of course), unless the situation deems it inoppropriate.

And my even-more-than-a-hulk-than-me brother has three quarterstaffs. Hand made.

Enough... boasting? Seriously, I'd like to see the whole mexican military even try to invade Michigan... Especially in the Upper Peninsula.
If they somehow managed to get past Detroit (HA!), they would still have to deal with cities like Pontiac and Deerborn (and though their skin tones might be similiar, i think they'd stick to the side of the good ol' US of A). Even if they managed that, they'd have to get across the bridge that connects the two peninsulas. If tried to go around the other way, they would have to put up with Chicago, Milwaukee(sp?), and a couple other major cities.

A lot of the Upper Peninsula is still thick with forests and swamps. I literally goto the edge of my town, and right by the road is a wall of trees. We have several quarter and half-breed mexicans up here, and they can hardly stand our weather.

On top of that, we have Finns. Lot's of Finns. Crazy Finns. Drunk Finns... and frequently in between...

Tommy Vercetti
Thursday, July 22nd, 2004, 07:08 PM
My father has over 22 various guns, and that's just in our basement. There are more than several more out to the hunting camp. We can make our own bullets, and usually do. The guns vary from being (laugh if you want) muzzle loading, to different shotguns, to a .270 Remmington rifle.

Quite an arsenal :-O

Does your old man make the bullets by himself from the beginning or is he just reloading/loading the cartidges?I've heard that some people cast their own bullets.

I'm new on this stuff and sometime ago bought .338LM rifle which is very expensive caliber, thus I'm very interested of making my own ammunition.

ARYANOUTLAW S.S.
Friday, August 6th, 2004, 12:51 AM
One shot one kill --- The 308 is a nice weapon for a long distance target.this cal is used by swat and alot of troopers.The bull pup is nice for close up things.The M 16 was a piece of shit even with the jammer button that was added because so many us troops lost their lifes mattel and colt A gun maker and a toy maker Hmmm . The m-60 was my favorite.The british 303 is a nice weapon for deer hunting also was great for killing people to.I myself like H And K . And my deer weapon is a 45-70 gov if the bullet doesnt kill them the noise will.As for pistol i like 45 Datoncis minny combat fits nice in the back pocket.I would say claymoores but thats another story LOL ----- S.S. -----

ARYANOUTLAW S.S.
Friday, August 6th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Good to see your back !!!!!!!!!!!! S.S.

Ewergrin
Friday, August 6th, 2004, 02:54 AM
One shot one kill --- The 308 is a nice weapon for a long distance target.this cal is used by swat and alot of troopers.The bull pup is nice for close up things.The M 16 was a piece of shit even with the jammer button that was added because so many us troops lost their lifes mattel and colt A gun maker and a toy maker Hmmm . The m-60 was my favorite.The british 303 is a nice weapon for deer hunting also was great for killing people to.I myself like H And K . And my deer weapon is a 45-70 gov if the bullet doesnt kill them the noise will.As for pistol i like 45 Datoncis minny combat fits nice in the back pocket.I would say claymoores but thats another story LOL ----- S.S. -----

The problem during the M-16s infancy during Vietnam had little to do with the design and manufacturing of the weapon itself, and more to do with the powder used in .223 cartridges that were issued to the troops. At the last minute, the powder was changed to save money, and the end result was a powder that heated up entirely too quickly, causing a residue build up in the chamber, sticking the bolt. The forward assist was then added to ensure that the bolt closed fully, not allowing a breech in the chamber, which of course would have fatal results if the gun was fired.

Ewergrin
Friday, August 6th, 2004, 02:58 AM
probally been asked before, but indulge the "new guy".:)

say the towel people set off a dirty bomb or something. all our troops are wiped out and mexico invades(insert crazy arse scenario here)

what do you grab?

VEPR .223 -- Cz52

Excellent choice! The VEPR is a magnificent weapon. It is basically a carbine version of the RPK machine guns. Probably the most supurb AK varient on the market. Excellent finish and a top notch RPK receiver which stands above all others.

Cz52 is a fun handgun, albeit the ammo rather expensive and not very common. Feels remarkably like my .45 when fired, though. At roughly $135 - $160 a peice, it's a great bargin.

Vestmannr
Friday, August 6th, 2004, 05:03 AM
I traded in for Springfield M1A1 Scout Rifle, and am carrying a Springfield M-1911A1 now.

ARYANOUTLAW S.S.
Friday, August 6th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Wooanaz I do not agree with you.I am sitting here with two Viet Nam vets who also say its junk.What the hell are you talking about powder.223 sucks 7.62 good.I was in the Army and Navy have used it --- junk --- Oh we have a vote for the M-14 guess what branch he was in LOL!!!!!!!! S.S.

Phill
Friday, August 6th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Quite an arsenal :-O

Does your old man make the bullets by himself from the beginning or is he just reloading/loading the cartidges?I've heard that some people cast their own bullets.

Makes the bullets by himself. I recall the crucible he used to pour lead into the cast, and also measuring out the grains used in each cartridge.

I never got too much into guns though. Same for hunting.

Ewergrin
Friday, August 6th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Wooanaz I do not agree with you.I am sitting here with two Viet Nam vets who also say its junk.What the hell are you talking about powder.223 sucks 7.62 good.I was in the Army and Navy have used it --- junk --- Oh we have a vote for the M-14 guess what branch he was in LOL!!!!!!!! S.S.

Look it up, pal. The powder was most certainly a major factor in Vietnam.

RusViking
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 10:47 AM
First AK-47 I found. Wouldn't touch an AR-15 or M-16. Any combat shotgun would do as a second. For reaching out and touching someone any M1A1 would do. I had a Savage Model 110 Tactical that shot extremely well in 308. Good scope. Any Ruger or Sig or Colt in larger caliber for a side arm. Higher quality 440 stainless combat knife.

Although I think they are up to AK-74's now from the AK-47.

ARYANOUTLAW S.S.
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM
First i am not your Pal --- Second i have lived it.Knife is good for silent approach ---- cheers ---- S.S.

Tommy Vercetti
Saturday, August 7th, 2004, 08:18 PM
7.62 x 54R Dragunov & semi-auto shotgun

kinvolk
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Colt .45 cal. officers model for the sidearm. Winchester 12.gauge defender with 3 inch magnum loads for the BIG kill.( close up of course!) far away I'll take my old 30.06 springfield with my dads old scope. Its fed me for years and I can kill anything that moves with it.

INS
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Steyr AUG, I carried one for 5 years(In the Army) and it never let me down.

http://www.remtek.com/arms/steyr/augmap1.jpg
Browning 9mm, Simple strong and vastly under-rated in some quaters.

http://freespace.virgin.net/tony.crowe/Resources/browning/browntitle.jpg

Phill
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 03:19 AM
First i am not your Pal --- Second i have lived it.Knife is good for silent approach ---- cheers ---- S.S.

You were in Vietnam...? And you're 43?

Do you mean some other war? Because unless you're, for some reason, lying about your age and you're older that would make you 12 when the Vietnam war ended.

Medium
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Best Combo for CQB
the french FAMAS or a MP 5 SD 6
and as Sidearm the german Walther P99

Best overall Combo
german G36 (nice one)
Sidearm Steyr TMPwith Silencer

ARYANOUTLAW S.S.
Monday, August 16th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Phill No i wasnt in Viet Nam I am 43.I was a mascot or drummer boy for the Air Cav.My real father was a retired command sargent major ww2-korea-vietnam-My step father is a retired Green Beret 5Th special group Veit Nam--- I was in the Army And Navy Myself and have done a number of things with the Training i have received.Bouncing is what i like best the pay is good and i am surrounded by naked women.Any ways you have a nice day. S.S.

Vlad Cletus
Wednesday, August 18th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Luger with an extended barrel (Kriegsmarine)

SVT-40 (Soviet Semi-Automatic Rifle)

Aistulf
Thursday, August 19th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Primary
Драгунов СВДК (Dragunov SVDK) - semi-automatic - 9.3x64mm

http://club.guns.ru/images/convention/3.jpg

Secondary
Glock 22 - semi-automatic - .45 ACP (11.43x23mm)

http://remtek.com/arms/glock/model/45/21/21.gif

Vestmannr
Thursday, August 19th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Primary
???????? ???? (Dragunov SVDK) - semi-automatic - 9.3x64mm

I've never heard of this cartridge: any more information? That would be about a .355 caliber I'm guessing? I've only ever seen Dragunov's in 7.62x54R (would love to own one), and the recent refits to 7.62x51NATO.

Aistulf
Thursday, August 19th, 2004, 10:22 PM
I've never heard of this cartridge: any more information? That would be about a .355 caliber I'm guessing? I've only ever seen Dragunov's in 7.62x54R (would love to own one)Very little is still known about the SVDK and the new cartridge it's chambered in. But it's reported to be pretty damn good!

and the recent refits to 7.62x51NATO.The Dragunov SVDS you mean?

http://russianarms.info/rushtm/photos/Gallery16/P1010058.jpg

By the way, correction for my typo (couldn't edit it), I meant "Glock 21." Since that's the one that comes in caliber .45 ACP...

Übersoldat
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 01:35 AM
I have an illegal, professionally manufactured 7 mm pistol with a silencer. No brand, no serial number, no registration papers.
Since its a weapon designed for assassinations, and not for self-defense, I can get circa 6 years of prison only for the possession.
Its a real beauty designed to do its work only once. It is my favorite, since its unique, designed only for me.
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=17785&stc=1

Ewergrin
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 01:55 AM
And you took pictures of it, and posted them on the internet, along with a confession that you own it.

Bravo. :roll

Aistulf
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 01:59 AM
He also threatened me in a PM, at SF and made claims of things I supposedly said/thought. (In response to a thread I set up to find out why Serbs and Croats tend to hate eachother. Because I never got that, but I might do now...)

Übersoldat
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 02:52 AM
And you took pictures of it, and posted them on the internet, along with a confession that you own it.

Bravo. :roll

However I haven't revealed my identity, and also the hardware is hidden, far away. I'm not stupid ya now.

@BATAAF

He also threatened me in a PM, at SF and made claims of things I supposedly said/thought. (In response to a thread I set up to find out why Serbs and Croats tend to hate eachother. Because I never got that, but I might do now...)

ROFL! What's that got to do with it? :-O Were debating guns now. Not Serbs-Croats. :|

v0da
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 05:24 AM
However I haven't revealed my identity, and also the hardware is hidden, far away. I'm not stupid ya now. That doesn't really matter, you don't have to post something like "I'm Ustaško Nacić" for them to be able to trace you. They can trace your location just from your IP, which will lead them to your ISP which will give up your personal info if faced by any govt. agency. Even if you're running through a proxy, they still may be able to get your real IP, especially if the proxy is located in any Western European country(because they're more likely to cooperate than let's say China.) Even if you're using a highly anonymous proxy, that doesn't make you totally anonymous to govt. agencies(most high speed, highly anonymous proxies are owned by FBI,CIA,InterPol :-O).

Polaris
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 05:35 AM
M1 Garand .30 Cailber and a a Henry Lever Action .44. Mmmmm. Justice.

Übersoldat
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 10:54 AM
That doesn't really matter, you don't have to post something like "I'm Ustaško Nacić" for them to be able to trace you. They can trace your location just from your IP, which will lead them to your ISP which will give up your personal info if faced by any govt. agency. Even if you're running through a proxy, they still may be able to get your real IP, especially if the proxy is located in any Western European country(because they're more likely to cooperate than let's say China.) Even if you're using a highly anonymous proxy, that doesn't make you totally anonymous to govt. agencies(most high speed, highly anonymous proxies are owned by FBI,CIA,InterPol :-O).

And they'll call the entire Sixth US Cavalry to find one pistol somewhere on the balkans...that's a bit paranoid. Besides, I'm not a hitman, I have it just for fun because I like unusual weapons.

The next thing I shall have to find is a Russian Tokarev TT military pistol 7.62x25mm. Its extremely powerful, using rifle ammo, strong enough to penetrate a railway bar. It looks so ugly and raw that I find it beautiful:

http://www.pagunsmith.com/rustokrv.gif

Krampus
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 02:01 PM
For civilian weapons my favorite combo for plinking/fun is the CZ75b and the Bulgarian SLR95(a semiauto ak clone). They're both quite a bit of fun to shoot and I can stock up in quanity for ammo in (9mm and 7.62x39mm). My particular CZ75 is kind of picky for ammo, I've had best results from sellior and bellot stuff.

I wish they'd start importing the Dragunov from Russia again.

Aistulf
Sunday, August 29th, 2004, 02:55 PM
I wish they'd start importing the Dragunov from Russia again.:D

mkr
Wednesday, September 1st, 2004, 09:15 AM
Fortmeier Einzellader 2001, Kaliber .50BMG / 12.7 x 99
-VERY powerful and very good produced; high quality

And the Austrian Glock 34, 9 Para; also a high quality weapon

Thor_
Sunday, September 5th, 2004, 05:47 PM
The
SIG Sauer P 245
http://www.gunfactory.ch/faustfw/images/Sigp245.gif

and the SG 551-SWAT

http://www.gunfactory.ch/langwaf/images/sig_swat551_gross.jpg

Slavictorious
Saturday, September 18th, 2004, 02:15 AM
I like a CZ 75 sidearm. With a Galil ARM. This gun is a nice Israeli rip-off from the AK and M16 designs. Nevertheless, a beautiful gun. CZ 75, CZ 97, CZ anything really, Czech pistols are the best in my opinion :)!!

SouthernBoy
Monday, October 11th, 2004, 02:18 AM
I am just beginning my collection of guns. I have a couple of shotguns and a Ruger 10/22. There are several guns I would like to buy now that the "Assault Weapons Ban" has ended. I am leaning towards a Bushmaster M4 A3(civilian M-16) Carbine and a SAS M-7(civilian AKS-47.)

http://www.arsenalinc.com/images/sasm7big.jpg

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16m4.asp

George
Saturday, October 23rd, 2004, 12:49 AM
I think that when this happens, most people will use their army's standard rifle, and those who don't should use something that can fire the same ammunition. Assault rifles have a big advantage over semi-automatic rifles and a huge one over anything else, so get an assault rifle if you can, second choice a semi-automatic rifle, third choice a long sub-machine gun, fourth-choice a semi-automatic pistol, etc.

In N.A.T.O. countries the .223 round is most common, elsewhere the Soviet .308 round is most common, along with the AK47.

People in N.A.T.O. countries should get
(1) a .223 assault rifle :platoon
(2) a Russian or Romanian AK47 :soldier
(3) a .308 bolt action rifle

People elsewhere should get
(1) a Russian or Romanian AK47
(2) an AK74
(3) a bolt-action .308 rifle

Sub-machine guns are .38/9mm :uzi and so are most pistols, so only get a .38/9mm pistol. :2guns

Soviet rifles can fire N.A.T.O. ammunition without serious problems, at least for a while, but not vice-versa. :gsoldier

Teufelhunden
Friday, September 23rd, 2005, 03:40 PM
My Yugo SKS with Leupold scope, 45 ACP socom, M1 Grand Socom
benelli semo auto 12 gague.

Gorm the Old
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Hey, it's all well and good to say "Get this, get that." but we're talking about a situation in which you have to use what you already have. I'd want to depend on my 12-ga. Mossberg pump shotgun and my trusty Springfield .45/70 (single shot, but one shot will definitely kill.) The only combat pistol I have is the Webley .38 revolver of WWII (actually made by Smith & Wesson). I could depend on it in a pinch, though, even allowing for its horrendous trigger pull.

Gorm the Old
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 03:06 AM
BTW, I have been informed that the piece of cloth used for the Moslem headgear is not a towel but, rather, a small sheet. Therefore, it would seem to be more accurate, though no more politically correct, to refer to these people as "little sheet-heads."

Southern Jarl
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Hey, it's all well and good to say "Get this, get that." but we're talking about a situation in which you have to use what you already have. I'd want to depend on my 12-ga. Mossberg pump shotgun and my trusty Springfield .45/70 (single shot, but one shot will definitely kill.) The only combat pistol I have is the Webley .38 revolver of WWII (actually made by Smith & Wesson). I could depend on it in a pinch, though, even allowing for its horrendous trigger pull.
In a short range situation I'm fine, with a trusty Browning HP, but if it's up for the long d¡stances, I would have to aim perfectly with my .22 LR rifle (with scope), not what I would call heavy firepower! :D
Anyway, if I was for the perfect combo - I'd go for the H&K G36 and another H&K, a USP, preferably .40 cal.

Interrozietor
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I would use a Heckler & Koch G3 or a G36
Sidearm: Walther P38;) or Baretta .45

Jibby
Friday, October 14th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Personally, I would have picked up a Krag-Jorgensen Rifle.

Most likely in 6.5 Swedish, but I'd be willing to go with 30-40, if they were to remanufacture the ammunition, with the M80 bullet.

As for a sidearm, I'd have to choose a Webley revolver.

I like the Webley-Pryse, but unless it's in mint condition, I'm not chancing it. Also, .476 ammo, isn't manufactured anymore.

Otherwise, I'd go with a Webley Mark V. I'd occupy the Fiocchi warehouses, here in the U.S. first.

Pagan_Che
Sunday, January 22nd, 2006, 04:17 AM
My 30-30 winchester lever action, fresh from 1920 ;). Never has failed me yet.

Mauser CS-96 in 9mm, as a backup. 10 round clip, decent killing power. If not that, then a Hungarian P-37, in .32.

Southern Jarl
Tuesday, January 24th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Mauser CS-96 in 9mm, as a backup. 10 round clip, decent killing power.

That's a decent old piece you've got there. Churchill wrote some nice words about it. There was one going around in my family, but unfortunately it disappeared along with almost 30 other weapons (all good oldies as well)...what a waste. :(

ubbe
Friday, January 27th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Only pistol I own is a measely .22 but it has some major benefits if your into survivalism. Having a .22 pistol and .22 rifle gives you many options for small game hunting in SHTF scenarios. As for rifles can there be any else besides an AK-47? Cheap, easy to maintain, easy to modify and much greater penetration power then Nato .223. Sure its not the most acurate gun out there but in most combat situations do you really need accuracy over 300 yards? If I need distance thats what the mausers are for.

Enibas
Thursday, May 4th, 2006, 08:09 AM
I prefere this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Sturmgewehr_44.jpg/800px-Sturmgewehr_44.jpg (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.w ikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2F4%2 F47%2FSturmgewehr_44.jpg)
Sturmgewehr 44

KRohm
Wednesday, May 10th, 2006, 02:44 AM
BTW, I have been informed that the piece of cloth used for the Moslem headgear is not a towel but, rather, a small sheet. Therefore, it would seem to be more accurate, though no more politically correct, to refer to these people as "little sheet-heads."

It's not exactly Muslim headgear; its used all over the Middle East. What you're referring to is the 'shemagh', which is indeed a small squarish cloth that is wrapped in various ways depending on the need. Shemaghs are also used as issue items for British soldiers in desert areas, and have been spotted on US troops in desert convoys.

KRohm
Wednesday, May 10th, 2006, 02:50 AM
Personal choice (and what I have on hand)- M1 Garand (in .30 cal) and a Ka-Bar fighting knife. One I got from my brother and the other I carried with me through twelve years of the Marines and Army.

I've also got a .50 cal flintlock Pennsylvania rifle, but at a max rate of fire of 3 shots per minute (!) I don't think it will be my first chioce! (But if I DID get a first strike hit- BAM think of the hole a slow-moving .50 cal ball would make- OUCH!)

Neophyte
Friday, May 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I would choose a Heckler & Koch G3 or a FNFAL with a scope and a Glock 10 Auto or .45 ACP. In individual combat larger calibres are preferable since you want good terminal performance. Smaller calibre weapons, such as .223, are more a choice for general infantry combat in the role of the firearms is to provide suppressing fire while the actual killing is done with fragmentation grenades etc. In individual combat you will want a weapon that can do some serious damage as well as penetrating obstacles such as trees, cars and walls.

The scope is important as it gives you increased range, and makes it easier to use the rifle for hunting if needs be. An accurate large calibre rifle is quite effective at keeping unwanted company at a distance.

And, not to be forgotten, a few hand grenades would be nice too. You really cannot clean house without them.

prodeutsch
Wednesday, June 17th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I prefere this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Sturmgewehr_44.jpg/800px-Sturmgewehr_44.jpg (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.w ikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2F4%2 F47%2FSturmgewehr_44.jpg)

Sturmgewehr 44

I agree a very impressive rifle!

peeps_k.nothing
Sunday, July 19th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Springfield M25 with an AMT hardballer accelerator. If I couldn't get a hardballer I would go with the .357 ruger revolver.

blackbird
Sunday, July 19th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Do you know that the AK47 are based on the German assault weapon that was used in the 2nd World War.Don't know the name of it,but maybe someone have a foto of it and show it here.

blackbird
Sunday, July 19th, 2009, 03:15 PM
The 47 and 74 stands for the year when it came into production.This was when the bullet size was change from the 308 to the 223 that everybody used today.The West start to see during the Russian war in Afganistan that the bullet wounds are worse than before when the wounded was help in Pakistan.What I understand,is that the back of the bullet are unstable in flight,that cause a bigger wound.I like the FN 7.62,was trained with it,and are more accurate and you can take someone out a small tree or door.

D. H. Yeager
Tuesday, August 4th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Ah, what to pick... Probly my .45 Colt Dessert Eagle and my 30/30 lever action Winchester rifle. Why? Cause that's what's under my bed.

Geist des Reiches
Monday, November 23rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
i will stick with my HK91, USP.45 and my Mossberg 500. Those are my babies and for longer range i Keep my Mauser Kar98k handy :)

Devin De Blois
Friday, April 2nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Two .38's. :thumbup

Southern Jarl
Wednesday, April 7th, 2010, 03:03 AM
http://www.dsarms.com/images/SA58SPN.jpg
If I could get one of those over here...
And my trusty Hi Power.
Going a bit Belgian...:)
Cheers.

Ironwind
Tuesday, April 13th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I'll chime in on this six year old thread :)

Rifle: Russian AKM since I have one along with a buttload of ammunition :D

Pistol: Tanfoglio Witness .40 S&W; a great weapon that can be switched out to 9mm if desired.

BPP Commissioner
Thursday, May 6th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Taurus Magnum! (Shotshell)
A mate of mine has one for 'humane dispatch' (there's gotta be a joke there) but the stinking handgun ban means the rest of us have to fire our twelve-guage through a barrel atlest 28in. I heard in the US its only 18"!

BPP Commissioner
Thursday, May 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Oh Right, & A Rifle: Well I'd go for erm... a Steyr .406!

perkuns
Thursday, May 6th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hmm... I guess I'd have to dust off the HiPower and FN FAL and look for those Portuguese bandoliers in the closet and then when you aren't looking...:D

perkuns
Thursday, May 6th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Taurus Magnum! (Shotshell)
A mate of mine has one for 'humane dispatch' (there's gotta be a joke there) but the stinking handgun ban means the rest of us have to fire our twelve-guage through a barrel atlest 28in. I heard in the US its only 18"!

You heard correct, and then use a new hacksaw blade to get it down to a comfortable custom fit for your briefcase or glovebox. :-O

perkuns
Thursday, May 6th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Ah, what to pick... Probly my .45 Colt Dessert Eagle and my 30/30 lever action Winchester rifle. Why? Cause that's what's under my bed.
HAHA that's where my M336 30/30 is too! :thumbup

BPP Commissioner
Friday, May 7th, 2010, 10:20 AM
You heard correct, and then use a new hacksaw blade to get it down to a comfortable custom fit for your briefcase or glovebox. :-O

In California you seem to have stricter gun-laws than most 'may issue', like UK but the swing appears to be back in favour of gun-rights.
I was pissed off about the BNP dropping their 'unrestricted arms' policy and I was pleased to hear that Georgia & Arizona are going back to unrestricted,

In the UK we have a thing called 'section two' with unwieldy extensions of pistols and suchlike (24" and you can own one on a FAC sec.1 but these permits are much harder to procure than Shotgun Ceritficates)

However as soon as the effective extended-counterweight was developed the brought in 'appearance based' prohibitions similar to those bans on rails, front-trigger-guards and other such nonsense.

Bwana Doc
Thursday, August 26th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Great thread. I'm standardizing my weapons for my household to simplifying reloading and stockpiling. I've pretty much settled on a 9mm for a pistol and 12 gauge for the shotguns, but am still debating the rifle. I've got a mix of rifles now, from a Moisin Nagant 7.26 54 down to a .22. I'll be in a very rural setting with not much brush so distance and accuracy count for a lot. I generally discount military rounds from cost, and ability to purchase the weapons. Leaning toward the Winchester .243. Thoughts?

SchubertJägermei.
Wednesday, September 15th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I love how people are being so dumb when choosing old bolt actions and ww2 era weapons..
I would go with the gewehr3! for pistol.. hmm maybe a glock 21.

Gary in TX
Thursday, September 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
Probably my AR in 5.56 with the BCM upper that has the 1 in 7 twist 20 inch free floated barrel and Midwest Industries handguard, Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10X56 scope, Mag-Pul PRS stock and MIAD grip and a Harris bipod and then for a pistol I'd just go with a Browning HP. Those are what I shoot the most and so those are what I'm best with.

The AR kinda looks like this, with just a few differences.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/Browning35/Forum%20Pics%20III/BCMAR15.jpg

Schattenjäger
Thursday, September 23rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
I love how people are being so dumb when choosing old bolt actions and ww2 era weapons..

Hehe I'd go with volkssturmgewehr '45 and mauser pistol. Lots of reds went to hell becouse of them. :thumbup

Thorwolf
Friday, September 24th, 2010, 01:36 AM
my favorite rfle/ pistol combo is the springfield armory m1a1 so.com.
and the springfield armory xd .45.

very potent, very accurate,very reliable!

Schaferhund
Thursday, September 30th, 2010, 08:32 PM

The G3 is a good weapon, but is also obsolete. The reason I got rid of mine is two-fold: first, it destroyed the brass so I couldn't reload them; Second, it doesn't have a catch to hold the bolt-carrier-group back after firing the last round. I rather prefer the M1a, even though they are in the same generation of technology.

The Glock 21 is a good gun. But, you cannot safely shoot unjacketed lead practice ammunition in them. I prefer the Sig P220, even though it has less magazine capacity. I seem to hit better out at 25-50 yards with the Sig as well.

But, if you want to go the route of old, yet updated WWI technology, a M1911-type pistol from Kimber is hard to beat. Especially for when you want precise accuracy and reliability. They just have a high price to overcome.

Bwana Doc
Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM
my favorite rfle/ pistol combo is the springfield armory m1a1 so.com.
and the springfield armory xd .45.

very potent, very accurate,very reliable!

Can't go wrong with that.

Sciuirse Morrigna
Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 06:10 PM
FAL and Glock 17

flâneur
Thursday, November 4th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Well i would want one of these in some doomesday scenario.The ZF1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pxjnl1yuXk

Failing that id go for an AK47 and Browning 9mm pistol.

RoyBatty
Friday, November 5th, 2010, 01:10 PM
My Doomsday options would be to go for tried and trusted. Reliability, ammo availability and serviceability preferred to "features" and accuracy.

AK-47 (Soviet or Yugoslav version)
http://world.guns.ru/assault/akms.jpg

or

SKS (Soviet or Yugoslav version)
http://grenadelauncher.com/SKS-M59-66A1-rifle-grenade-launcher.JPG

and

Browning HP
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hp-da9.jpg

or

Glock 17
http://www.finnrappel.fi/Glock17.jpg

ulfrik
Friday, December 10th, 2010, 08:36 AM
AK-47 and glock17

Granraude
Friday, December 10th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Why do people still call it AK-47? The proper 47's has not been in production since the 50's.

I would pick an AK-103 and perhaps a Stetchkin.

ulfrik
Saturday, December 11th, 2010, 03:30 AM
It is actually called the AKM rifle.
I just say AK-47 so people will know what i am talking about.
The AK-47 has a milled receiver, the AKM has a stamped receiver and slant muzzle break.

As for the AK-103 some companies like arsenal inc make rifles that look like the AK-103.
The AK-103 is basically a AK-74M that takes AKM bullets and magazines.

Ingvaeonic
Saturday, December 11th, 2010, 04:31 AM
FN FAL in 7.62mm NATO & Browning Hi-Power in .40 S&W

Granraude
Saturday, December 11th, 2010, 03:26 PM
It is actually called the AKM rifle.
I just say AK-47 so people will know what i am talking about.
The AK-47 has a milled receiver, the AKM has a stamped receiver and slant muzzle break.

As for the AK-103 some companies like arsenal inc make rifles that look like the AK-103.
The AK-103 is basically a AK-74M that takes AKM bullets and magazines.

Trust me, I know ;)

Here in Europe the phenomenon of calling all AK's AK-47's is known as "Hollywoodism" or "Americanism". I blame Hollywood myself =P

FN FAL in 7.62mm NATO

The good old "hand cannon" ammo ^^

DerWeißeWehrwolf
Saturday, December 11th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Fantasy Favorite Rifle/Pistol Combo
http://www.mp44.nl/images/misc/stgw_display.jpg
Sturmgewehr 44
http://picturearchive.auctionarms.com/5098203602/3954920/ACFE1FB.jpg
Luger P08

Realistic Favorite Rifle/Pistol Combo
http://www.cheytac.com/images/CT%20085.jpg
CheyTac M200 Intervention .408
http://deepsouthguns.com/dsguns/images/used_guns/142203.JPG
HK USP 45

Arktischer
Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010, 11:26 PM
AN 94

http://www.vojsko.net/photo/zbrane/pusky/ak105_01.jpg

Colt .45 ACP

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt330/life_love_suicide/colt45.jpg

Oslaf
Friday, February 25th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Anything that fires 5.45 NATO or 9mm because that would be the easiest ammo to find if SHTF.

Huginn ok Muninn
Friday, February 25th, 2011, 05:37 AM
HK417:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VoabGNCjIxg/TO2z3h_s4xI/AAAAAAAAD4o/mRQz8fxHIgI/s1600/HK-417%2Bcat10-36.jpg

STI Perfect 10:

http://sti.rmorse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Perfect10_Main.jpg

Ingvaeonic
Friday, February 25th, 2011, 06:43 AM
FN FAL in 7.62mm NATO & Browning Hi-Power in .40 S&W

Alternative choice: AK-47/AKM or Czech Vz-58 both in 7.62 x 39 mm (what else!) & an SIG-Sauer P226 .40 S&W

Weitgereister
Monday, October 17th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Granted, I am yet to fire a Sig Sauer or a H&K, but my favorite combo so far is:
Ruger Sr40c
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1u8v1pAsddk/TgvlrHa8tLI/AAAAAAAAAvU/VDaiV8HKIgo/s1600/sr40.jpg

Ruger Mini 14 (tactical version)
http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/firearms-images-products-446l-2.jpg

If you can't tell, I'm sort of a Ruger fan.

Thorolf
Monday, October 17th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I think my favorite combo would be a M16 and a m1911 or some sort of .40 glock.

M16 would have to have triangular grips and the m16a1 pistol grip. They are the one I am more familiar with handling since I use an m16a1 replica for airsoft. It is what is comfortable in my hands now and is the shape I prefer. I would want all the other parts to be later m16 parts since the A1 isn't made as well as newer ones. I would want the military version receiver so I could use 5.56 and .223. Always a good idea to pick the most common round. In a revolution it's useful also. If I can use the military I am fightings ammo and easy to find civilian ammo, I am much better off than if I picked just a semi common round.

M1911, might only hold 7 rounds but the new models are well made pistols. It is probably one of the most comfortable pistols I have ever held. Still might be better to go with a glock due to mag capacity.

Grimsteinr
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011, 03:26 PM
It's great to name a bunch of weapons that look cool. It's just idle talk. But, day to day, What Combo of Longgun and handgun, do you own and keep handy? Which is your Favorite Combo of guns, to Rely on??
What do you shoot and practice with?;)
I carry a Ruger SP101, .357 magnum, every day. I have a Mossberg 12 ga. Cruiser model 500, close to hand in the family room and a little .357 magnum carbine in my bedroom. A loaded SKS is in the closet.
My DSW (Dear Sweet Wife) has her own choices, of combo, that she carries or has close at hand every day.... for real.:)

Primus
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_submachine_gun

Van Wellenkamp
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011, 11:16 PM
M1-A and 1911. Have my vote!

Schneider
Thursday, October 20th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Single action pistol and lever action rifle. .357 or .45LC.

Van Wellenkamp
Thursday, October 20th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I can see that. Lever guns are always a reliable option, with proven stopping power on man sized targets.

Powmia
Saturday, March 31st, 2012, 05:59 AM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff134/deathon2legs2002/AA9122.gif
http://pistol411.com/wp-content/uploads/Taurus-PT-1911.jpg

Kamrad
Friday, June 15th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Old and reliably - a heart thing.

The gun 08 or Parabellum gun (abroad also "Luger" called) was constructed by Georg J. Luger (1849-1923).
Parabellum comes from the Latin remark: Si vis Pacem, para Bellum
('If you want peace, prepares you for [the] war').

Pless
Saturday, August 4th, 2012, 09:07 AM
In case that SHTF I'd pick my custom made Tikka Bolt Action Rifle in .223 with a detachable scope 8x52 Zeiss

and my tuned reliable Para-Ordnance 10/45 .

With these two you should do a lot of versatile working,

Pless