PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion about the Knights of the Temple?

Wotanimus
Friday, May 20th, 2005, 11:33 PM
What is your opinion about them?
I think they were NOT christians at last.
Are they worshiped true the Baphomet?
Some people believe that they were homosexuals because of their symbol...
What do you believe?

green nationalist
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 01:56 PM
I believe templars were a Christian sect who became somewhat heretical due to mixing with Middle Easterners in the crusades. They formed a fraternity after fighting alongside each other.

Is Baphomet Homosexual? I never heard this.

morfrain_encilgar
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 03:02 PM
I believe templars were a Christian sect who became somewhat heretical due to mixing with Middle Easterners in the crusades. They formed a fraternity after fighting alongside each other.

The word Baphomet is probably a corruption of the Arabic word "abufihamet" acording to Shah.

morfrain_encilgar
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 03:15 PM

No but Levi's Baphomet was androgynous.

The Baphomet symbol people think of is from the 19th century, not the Templar confessions, so it wasnt responsible for any of the accustations which were made about them.

Not a lot is known about the Templars, but other Orders also attracted criticisms from outside.

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 03:37 PM
The word "Baphomet" might have a double etymology rooted in a Greek origin.
Via a Hebrew code substiating the first letters of the alphabet by the last ones in up climbing order, the name "Sophia" would emerge, the Goddess of Wisdom.

Another explanation seeks its deeper meaning in the fusion of the words " Bath" and "Methis": Baptism of Wisdom.

Heroic themes are in the Middle Ages strongly embroid with a subordination and dedication of manhood to a feminine deity or principle which presents wisdom. By way of initiation and undertaking a dangerous journey where man has to proof himself worth to access a higher spirituality and detaches himself of the material world and the weals and woes that normal life brings.
It's cultic institution is a form of decadence and rupture: man lost its inner might and higher faculties, whereas primordial man was capable to ascertain himself as a lord and exclaim that he's the Order, in the Heroic Age, the unity is lost but can be mended by a second birth, the initiation, but effectually the Order is still imo in a state of regression: more ideal to life for, than the living flame residing in man.

Wotanimus
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 06:07 PM
The word Baphomet is probably a corruption of the Arabic word "abufihamet" acording to Shah.
I have heared that the word "Baphomet" comes from the city Paphos or Baphos ( "baphos" means drugs in greek argo too, but I don't believe that has something to do with this god ) who was occupated by the Knights for a few years.

Wotanimus
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 06:09 PM

I didn't mean that he was a homosexual god, but that the knight had homosexual practices.

Wotanimus
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 06:12 PM
I have read that "baphomet" had the meaning , in the hellinistic periode and special in Alexandria of Egypt , of a person who has a real saurse to the knowlang and he knows the secrets of hermitism.

morfrain_encilgar
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 06:13 PM
I didn't mean that he was a homosexual god, but that the knight had homosexual practices.

I dont think theres a good reason to believe that.

morfrain_encilgar
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM
I have read that "baphomet" had the meaning , in the hellinistic periode and special in Alexandria of Egypt , of a person who has a real saurse to the knowlang and he knows the secrets of hermitism.

I think youre confused and youre thinking of Sufism, which is related to hermetic studies, "abufihamet" is associated with Sufism.

Wotanimus
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM
I dont think theres a good reason to believe that.Me too cumbrian , I have really good opinion about them. But I just want to discast it.

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, May 21st, 2005, 07:33 PM
It hardly matters if Templars or Assasins were uranists or not, like any other Männerbund, they are culpable of spiritual and organsitory effeminacy, flocking into a peck order as in women's associations and releasing their energy brutal and absorbed in a bloody pathos not unlike a hysteric woman snarling and enraged with bulging eyes to people.

The ritualized hunt in war is nothing more than the ridicule of man's role as custodian of his nation, his family and his milieu, which relationship to either item is direct, rational and one enstrengthened magnanimity and friendship, whereas the former is a ham-fisted mimickery layered with paraphernalia and a delicacy which appears suspect; a subversive re-enactment whose philosophy perhaps betrays a matrist legacy, but only in idealistic sense coupling Olympic virility with the tragic of dissociation found in the demetristic cycle.

Endovelicus
Sunday, May 22nd, 2005, 11:20 AM
What is your opinion about them?
I think they were NOT christians at last.
Are they worshiped true the Baphomet?
Some people believe that they were homosexuals because of their symbol...
What do you believe?

The symbol you presented is not the Templar Baphomet. The Templar Baphomet is a three headed Christ, bearing some resemblance to the representation of the god Janus.

Endovelicus
Sunday, May 22nd, 2005, 11:27 AM

The Knight Templars kissed in the mouth upon some of their rituals and, through the usual Church condamnation processes, in which anything went to destroy "heresy", they were obviously accused of homossexuality, amongst other things.

The Templars were the inventors of the Bank. They formed some sort of "Western Union" system linking both Europe and the Holy Land. The funds they managed to raise for themselves were a cause of great envy amidst the Catholic Church, which ended up seizing them after sentencing Jacques de Molay on the Troyes Council.

Imperator X
Sunday, May 22nd, 2005, 05:32 PM
The York Rite Freemasons have the Knights Templar as one of their higher degrees. The ridiculous thing about it is that only Christians are admitted into this degree. Freemasonry was originally supposed to be about ancient mysticism until Jewish legends about constructing a Jewish tabernacle influenced it so now all you hear in their rites is talk of Aaron's beard and other such unromantic Judeo-Xian diatribe. There were temples found in Minos with blue ceilings and checkerboard floors with the Eye. It's too bad Freemasonry has been diluted with Xian crap. I doubt members like John Wayne and Louie Armstrong knew a damn thing about ancient Greek and Egyptian mysticism.