PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious photo of ROMA gypsies

Ewergrin
Wednesday, May 11th, 2005, 10:46 PM
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/travel/bucharest-2001/cs3.jpg

Gorm the Old
Thursday, May 12th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Excuuuuuuse me. I thought that I had a pretty good sense of humor, but, somehow, I fail to find anything "hilarious" about this photograph. Are you being ironical or do you really find something funny here ? If so, what ? If you are being ironical, what is your point ?

Ewergrin
Thursday, May 12th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Excuuuuuuse me. I thought that I had a pretty good sense of humor, but, somehow, I fail to find anything "hilarious" about this photograph. Are you being ironical or do you really find something funny here ? If so, what ? If you are being ironical, what is your point ?

The expressions on the faces of the mother and child are hilarious. They look almost photoshopped.

No irony.

Just funny faces.

:dots

Allenson
Thursday, May 12th, 2005, 01:54 PM
The child does have a funny look about his face. ;)

They are an interesting looking people collectively.... I've not seen many Gypsies/Roma in my day and to my knowledge, there are very few here in the New World.

Vanir
Thursday, May 12th, 2005, 02:29 PM
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/travel/bucharest-2001/cs3.jpg

I'm only new to racial classifications still, but this mother & child are absolutely bizarre!!! As Folkish says, I'm almost inclined to think their faces have been photoshopped or distorted with some kind of imaging tool. Or is this really a typical Roma Gypsy look!?

Just look at their mouths! Their noses! Their eyes! If they aren't photoshopped, then they must be from another planet! One of those 1st generation stars' planetary systems from the beginning of the Universe or something....

Ewergrin
Thursday, May 12th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I'm only new to racial classifications still, but this mother & child are absolutely bizarre!!! As Folkish says, I'm almost inclined to think their faces have been photoshopped or distorted with some kind of imaging tool. Or is this really a typical Roma Gypsy look!?

Just look at their mouths! Their noses! Their eyes! If they aren't photoshopped, then they must be from another planet! One of those 1st generation stars' planetary systems from the beginning of the Universe or something....

I would say that they aren't typical for gypsies. However, the girl on the right, with the tattoo on her arms, eating whatever it is that she is eating, as well as the boy in the background huffing aurolac, are typical gypsies, living in Bucharest.

Odin Biggles
Thursday, May 12th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Uhhhh, they look like aliens or something...

Sigel
Thursday, May 12th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Look like sad individuals to me... there but for fortune eh? The lady looks like she's been assaulted. I've witnessed an attack on an East European gypsy woman in Sofia. She was pick pocketing on a tram I was on.
She was caught out and a group of about four men and women dragged her off and gave her a going over. Not a pretty sight.
They're hated and they live in quasi-shanty towns on the outskirts of the city. They do the sh**ty jobs that not even East Europeans want to do and a fair bit of crime to boot.
The lady in the photo is not typical, although the one eating is more like it. They vary in appearance, some are quite dark, some even have blue eyes.

Still, a welcome awaits in Multi-Cultural Britain!

imported_Armin
Friday, May 13th, 2005, 07:52 PM
. . . . . . .

Gorm the Old
Sunday, May 15th, 2005, 01:27 AM
There is nothing "hilarious" about this picture. You don't know ANYTHING at all about these sad-looking people. You don't even know if they really are Gypsies. You don't know what they may have done or what may have been done to them or why. You are condemning them and insulting them on the basis of sheer surmise. If you have any shame and any decency, you ought to be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. This thread is mean-spirited and disgusting.

Ewergrin
Sunday, May 15th, 2005, 05:02 AM
There is nothing "hilarious" about this picture. You don't know ANYTHING at all about these sad-looking people. You don't even know if they really are Gypsies. You don't know what they may have done or what may have been done to them or why. You are condemning them and insulting them on the basis of sheer surmise. If you have any shame and any decency, you ought to be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. This thread is mean-spirited and disgusting.

Actually, they are ROMA gypsies, taken from a website about gypsies in Bucharest. The fact that they are Gypsies has little to do with the fact that the expressions on the faces of the mother and child are indeed funny. So funny, in fact, that it almost looks as though the picture were photoshopped or altered with some sort of imaging program.

What is not funny is automatically presuming that no one here knows anything about gypsies, and that for some reason you are here to let everyone know what exactly is funny and what is not.
I dare you to find one sentence of mine condemning these people.

I made two declarations:
1 The photo was funny (based on the expressions of the people, and for no other reason.)
2. They are gypsies living in Bucharest.

Now tell me, where is the condemnation?
Of course, I have no control of what other people here say, but so far, no rules have been broken.

Why is it that you are behaving like the typical liberal left, who don't find any amusement in anything, and feel that it should be stopped simply because you don't like it? If this thread is so mean spirited, don't read it. It's that simple.

Gorm the Old
Sunday, May 15th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I was responding, or, perhaps better (over)reacting to Armin's post, not yours, Folkish. The photo is indeed funny (peculiar), but, IMHO, not at all funny (hehe). Liberal ? ME ? HAH ! It is to laugh. On most issues, I tend to take a position somewhat to the right of the John Birch Society. However, I try to be fair to everyone and Armin's comments got under my skin. I have no more to say on this issue (pause for applause).

imported_Armin
Sunday, May 15th, 2005, 06:28 PM
. . . . . . . . . .

Gorm the Old
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Dear Armin,
Thank you for providing me all of this information. I see the matter quite differently now. Clearly, I was speaking from ignorance. I stand corrected.
Again, thank you.

"Egil" (der wirklich heißt Martin)

Ewergrin
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Dear Armin,
Thank you for providing me all of this information. I see the matter quite differently now. Clearly, I was speaking from ignorance. I stand corrected.
Again, thank you.

"Egil" (der wirklich heißt Martin)

If you're serious, then I'm glad that an understanding of sorts can be reached here. :)

Wotanimus
Tuesday, May 17th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, I think that they are little lower level than an ape.
I can now imagine Hell, as a place full of gypsies around the suffering soul... :fu :fu :fu