PDA

View Full Version : The Vineyard

Nefertari
Monday, January 17th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Lately, I've been highly partial to the Alice White (Australia) Cabernet-Shiraz line. It's bold, yet smooth (low acidity), about $12.00+ per bottle, and packs a bit of a punch for a tea-drinker such as myself (13.5%).

I'm always on the look out for a new wine to taste. If anyone has a favorite within reasonable price, please post it here.

Thanks. :)

Vojvoda
Tuesday, January 18th, 2005, 05:15 AM
Lately, I've been highly partial to the Alice White (Australia) Cabernet-Shiraz line. It's bold, yet smooth (low acidity), about $12.00+ per bottle, and packs a bit of a punch for a tea-drinker such as myself (13.5%).

I'm always on the look out for a new wine to taste. If anyone has a favorite within reasonable price, please post it here.

Thanks. :)

Yellow Tail Shiraz,very jammy, or their Merlot,which is more on the plummier side.I'm sure it's a lot cheaper in the U.S.,around 5-6 dollars perhaps? Another good buy would be Rosemount Grenache-Shiraz and their Shiraz-Cab,more full bodied, blend which are smooth with a medium finish.Little Penguin Merlot is a good buy too,more on the sweeter side and easy drinking.Try some Argentine wines too. I've tried so many wines that it's hard to keep track sometimes :-D :medicine

Ewergrin
Tuesday, January 18th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Yellow Tail Shiraz,very jammy, or their Merlot,which is more on the plummier side.I'm sure it's a lot cheaper in the U.S.,around 5-6 dollars perhaps? Another good buy would be Rosemount Grenache-Shiraz and their Shiraz-Cab,more full bodied, blend which are smooth with a medium finish.Little Penguin Merlot is a good buy too,more on the sweeter side and easy drinking.Try some Argentine wines too. I've tried so many wines that it's hard to keep track sometimes :-D :medicine

!!! Vojvoda! Welcome! Glad to see you stumble upon our humble abode. :)

Vojvoda
Tuesday, January 18th, 2005, 05:54 AM
!!! Vojvoda! Welcome! Glad to see you stumble upon our humble abode. :)

Thanks!, and I stumbled over here sober,go figure :-D Seriously,it's a nice looking forum :wave

Ewergrin
Tuesday, January 18th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Thanks!, and I stumbled over here sober,go figure :-D Seriously,it's a nice looking forum :wave

The more Slavs, the better. ;)

Allenson
Tuesday, January 18th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Indeed! ;)

Nefertari
Friday, January 21st, 2005, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the tips, Vojvoda and welcome. :)

Vojvoda
Friday, January 21st, 2005, 05:05 AM
No problem,it's not the price of the bottle but what's inside that counts.About Argentine wines,try to find one that has a blend of Malbec grape(originally from France but only grown in Argentina nowadays) or just straight Malbec,they're full bodied and "earthy" :-D

Gorm the Old
Saturday, April 23rd, 2005, 02:37 AM
I recently had the chance to try a wine which is apparently usually used to blend with other wines rather than bottled for consumption in its own right: Cabernet franc. I had noticed the name on the labels on the backs of some Cabernet Sauvignons and even some Merlots. At a wine-tasting recently, I had a chance to try Cabernet franc per se and was surprised by the clarity and freshness of the taste. It's neither complicated nor especially subtle, but it's delightfully refreshing, just the thing to clear the palate between heavier and more complex red wines.