PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction & Call For Papers

Quillon
Friday, November 19th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Greetings.

I'm a new member to your forum. My name is Quillon Vargis. I'm a professional writer (technical, freelance) and the Managing Editor of a new journal entitled Chimaera - A Journal of Eclectic Paganism. Our first issue is scheduled for Yule, and, with the permission of this forum's moderator, I'd like to reproduce our call for papers here. If any of you would like to have your work considered for publication in upcoming issues, please feel free to send a query letter my way.

Articles that have already been accepted for the Yule issue include a history and etymology of the term "Black Sun"; an article on the appearance of the Lynx in myth, religion and magic; and an essay on Aboriginal Healers.

The journal is distributed free via subscription, and no advertising is accepted.

Quillon V.

---------------------------

CHIMAERA A Journal of Eclectic Paganism is launching its first issue at the Winter Solstice of 2004 and is seeking contributions from writers and artists.

CHIMAERA, the dragon of disparate parts, is an apt name for a journal which welcomes well-written submissions from adherents of all pagan paths as long as two simple guidelines are followed: the author must write from a personal perspective of study and practice in a magical or magico-religious tradition, and must provide historical citations whenever used.

CHIMAERA will be published quarterly in .pdf format only, and will be distributed free to subscribers via email. Since this is an advertising-free journal staffed and produced entirely by volunteers, we are unable to pay for submissions.

SUBMITTING YOUR WORK
Interested authors should send a one page query letter outlining their proposed article as well as a short bio to chimaera_query@earthlink.net.

Interested artists can send a .jpg and description of their work, along with a short bio, to the same address.

Submissions must be received by November 30, 2004 in order to be considered for inclusion in the Winter Solstice issue.

SUBSCRIBING
If you wish to become a subscriber, you may do so by sending an email to this address:

chimaerajournal-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

or by visiting this site:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chimaerajournal/

Ewergrin
Saturday, November 20th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Welcome to Blut und Boden Forum, Quillon. I hope you receive some replies or feedback to your query.

Quillon
Sunday, November 28th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Thank you for welcoming me, Folkish.

Quillon

Blood_Axis
Sunday, November 28th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Greetings!

It is nice to have intelligent and educated people here!

Enjoy the board :thumbsup