PDA

View Full Version : The Leperkhanz

PsycholgclMishap
Tuesday, October 26th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure why they've changed the traditional spelling of "leprechaun".

The Leperkhanz are a wonderful Irish-fashioned folk/rock group based in North San Diego County, California. The group was compromised of 3 young Irish-American men. I know they recently dropped a member and added two more. Not sure of their heritage. I'm pretty sure one of them is Irish-American as well.

They have plenty of original songs but also "cover" old Irish folk songs, pirate/sailor songs, as well as old IRA hymns! They are a lovely bunch to drink to and use traditional instruments, such as: ukelele, guitar (both acoustic and electric), wooden flute, etc.

They perform every Thursday (with the exception of this week) at Tom Gibblin's Irish Pub off of Carlsbad Village Drive in Carlsbad, California.

If you're ever in town on a Thursday night, I suggest attending for 3+ hours of traditional music! The show usually starts around 9:00 PM and lasts until after Midnight!

Guinness on tap is $3.50 US! Black 'N Tans are $4.50! Gibblin's is decorated with memoirs and pictures of the Irish countryside! It's a little piece of Ireland in the hussle and bussle of the small city.

The Leperkhanz are playing at some pub (no clue which one) in New York this Thursday (October 28, 2004). I strongly encourage you to check them out if you're in the area!