PDA

View Full Version : Friggin Old People!

Nefertari
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 09:29 PM
For the umteenth time......I got to see the damn Raisins in action again!

Picture a heavily traveled 4-lane City (main) Road, 10 - 12 cars behind Grandpa when he suddenly decides that stopping in the middle of the street, without warning and for no reason, would be an excellent idea at 11:00 am! Dear Gods, take this fool's license from him, please! :smt013

And now......my ode to the Raisins!

Raisins

Foot on gas, but meant to brake
Hands on wheel, constantly shake

Sit on a book to see over the dash
One false move, life’s over in a flash

Head of white hair or old-style hat
Holy Freakin Shiz…I just ran over a CAT!

Shoes feel like stone, can hardly walk at all
Hit the Med-Alert, I just took a fall

Wrecked some parked cars….who knew I was that close?
Luckily no one saw, otherwise I’d be toast!

Everyone suspects the kids, they always screw up
Little do they know it was this retired Pup.

Insurance rates are low…I’d like to keep it that way
As long as there are teenage drivers, I’ll never have to pay.

Copyright L.T.S. 04/17/03 - All rights reserved.

Anne14
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 11:21 PM
At what age do people start to drive like shit?

Yesterday, on my husband's way home from work, so old bastard came flying out of a side street, right in front of him. He had to swerve to avoid hitting him, so he hits a huge pot hole on the shoulder and blows out the tire! :smt011

Nefertari
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Geez! I think their brains go to sh*t when they retire, and from there it only gets worse.

A few years back, this raisin stops at a red light, then proceeds to plow into me! Mind you, this was not a blinking red light, nor was it a stop sign...it was a friggin intersection controlled by timed lights!

So after this hit, he looks shocked and says..."I didn't see you there!" Didn't see me there?!? Moron! How could you not see me! It's daylight, I'm driving a black Firebird WITH the headlights on! Hell, you even looked at me! :smt017 Anyway, the cops arrive and I find out this shriveled, rigor mortis, one foot in the grave and holding a toe-tag, idiot is..........get this...

92 bloody years old!!

OMG! How is he still breathing, let alone able to get into a vehicle?!?

Furthermore, I found that a person in NYS does not have to retake their license picture every 4 years......they can renew through the mail and forever keep their 60 year youthful appearance!

It's time to pull them into the Dr.'s office at 65 and make them go through a neuro, reflex and sight tests! Hell, it wouldn't hurt to make them take a written test to remember that they need to signal before turning, also!

Yes, I have a problem with the Raisins. I've been hit a grand total of 3 times by them, not to forget the numerous close-calls in which said Prunes almost pasted my large arse into the mechanics of my vehicle!

*breathes*

Yep, I opened a can of worms on this subject and I apologize to those that may be offended. However, the Raisins are at the top of my shiz-list when it comes to their driving skills, or lack thereof. :smt016

Zyklop
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Geez! I think their brains go to sh*t when they retire, and from there it only gets worse.

Donīt you have respect for old people? Itīs a disappointing paradox that those who honour ficitve distant forefathers hundred and thousand years ago donīt show any respect towards their closest ancestors.

However, the Raisins are at the top of my shiz-list when it comes to their driving skills, or lack thereof.

As a women you shouldnīt boast too much about driving skills... :smt003 :smt002

Nefertari
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Donīt you have respect for old people? Itīs a disappointing paradox that those who honour ficitve distant forefathers hundred and thousand years ago donīt show any respect towards their closest ancestors.

However, the Raisins are at the top of my shiz-list when it comes to their driving skills, or lack thereof.

As a women you shouldnīt boast too much about driving skills... :smt003 :smt002

Contrary to what you may think, I do have the utmost respect for the elderly, however, it's very limited to those behind the wheel. I've seen more accidents involving and caused by the elderly here than teenagers and women combined......no joke. You can check NYS Stats on that one. ;)

As for being a woman driver....well, that was a tad sexist, don't you think? How about respect for the Mothers? ;) But you know, I'll answer your question anyway.....I am an excellent driver as evident of my driving record. I have never caused an accident, never put make up on while in my car, nor do I answer/speak on the phone while in motion. How's that? :smt016 :smt003

Oh.......and one more thing.....one should never take a New Yorker's rants seriously. They are usually filled with a shiz-load of sarcasm in the hopes of making the anal-retentive grin a bit. :smt003

Anne14
Saturday, June 26th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Donīt you have respect for old people? Itīs a disappointing paradox that those who honour ficitve distant forefathers hundred and thousand years ago donīt show any respect towards their closest ancestor.

Ah - when they're trying to run me and my family off the road - not an ounce.

Zyklop
Sunday, June 27th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Contrary to what you may think, I do have the utmost respect for the elderly, however, it's very limited to those behind the wheel.

So you offer yourself to drive them around or deliver them their groceries so they donīt have to drive themselves? Very noble of you.

As for being a woman driver....well, that was a tad sexist, don't you think?
Buhaha, isnīt it somehow lame to play the sexist-card when the racist-card already wouldnīt work? :smt002

I am an excellent driver as evident of my driving record. I have never caused an accident, never put make up on while in my car, nor do I answer/speak on the phone while in motion. How's that? :smt016 :smt003
What about parking or orienting with a map? :smt005

Oh.......and one more thing.....one should never take a New Yorker's rants seriously. They are usually filled with a shiz-load of sarcasm in the hopes of making the anal-retentive grin a bit. :smt003

Especially when their towers are falling down :smt002

Nefertari
Sunday, June 27th, 2004, 04:33 PM
So you offer yourself to drive them around or deliver them their groceries so they donīt have to drive themselves? Very noble of you.

I don't ever recall placing that offer on the table. :smt017 Perhaps you could refresh my memory with the quote, because I don't see it anywhere.

Buhaha, isnīt it somehow lame to play the sexist-card when the racist-card already wouldnīt work? :smt002

I suppose I felt it somewhat fair since you played the "disrespect" card. I suggest Poker the next time. ;)

What about parking or orienting with a map? :smt005

Ah, you mistake me for my mother, kind Sir. ;) Truth of the matter is I travel often and make my own maps with the help of MapQuest. Also, I am well versed with a compass, so that should clear any misconceptions. :)

Especially when their towers are falling down :smt002

Now, you're being low. :nono I lost friends in there, so watch your step please. Other than that, I don't see how the towers have anything to do with this rant, do you?

Mac Seafraidh
Tuesday, June 29th, 2004, 01:48 AM
I don't want to be old because most elders live horrible lives at a certain point if they succeed their 70's. :smt086

Zyklop
Tuesday, June 29th, 2004, 03:21 PM
I suppose I felt it somewhat fair since you played the "disrespect" card. I suggest Poker the next time. ;)

Well, considering the topic of this forum about traditions, honoring his ancestors and the like, my card was played very well :)
I also would like to play Poker with you :smt004

Nefertari
Tuesday, June 29th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I don't want to be old because most elders live horrible lives at a certain point if they succeed their 70's. :smt086

Awwww.....I understand, but think of it this way...

Those in their 70's and up really weren't taught how to take care of their bodies because they really didn't know. I think our generation has a better chance of living fuller lives after retirement.
http://www.goldsgymsarasota.com/pictures/golds%20web041.jpg

I like to think that I'll look like I'm in my early 50s at 70, as long as I continue to take care of myself. :)

However, should I become a danger behind the wheel, I'm cutting my license up and taking public transportation. Slow reflexes, impaired vision, etc., can cause the same damage as a drunk driver.

Nefertari
Tuesday, June 29th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Well, considering the topic of this forum about traditions, honoring his ancestors and the like, my card was played very well :)
I also would like to play Poker with you :smt004

Actually, this topic was about the dangers of elderly drivers (with a twist of humour...at least in my eyes). Statistics show that a growing number of elderly drivers pose the same danger as intoxicated drivers.
http://www.cnn.com/US/9906/28/dangerous.drivers/

Traditions are an altogether different topic and I have in no way disrepected the living (or deceased) traditions or wisdom. In fact, I love sitting and talking with Veterans and my own grandparents. Hell, my grandfather is 73 and still builds cabinets, dressers, benches, etc. right in his own basement and I place both him and my grandmother on a throne. But again, this was about their ability to operate a motor vehicle and to be honest, we've had some horrible fatalities caused by the elderly in the U.S.

If you wish to debate their driving abilities, I'm up for it. However, so far you've given no information on the contrary.

Other than that, I'd love to play poker, though I believe I'd get my butt kicked since I suck arse in card-playing. ;)

Mac Seafraidh
Tuesday, June 29th, 2004, 11:08 PM

Awwww.....I understand, but think of it this way...

Those in their 70's and up really weren't taught how to take care of their bodies because they really didn't know. I think our generation has a better chance of living fuller lives after retirement.
http://www.goldsgymsarasota.com/pictures/golds%20web041.jpg

I like to think that I'll look like I'm in my early 50s at 70, as long as I continue to take care of myself. :)

However, should I become a danger behind the wheel, I'm cutting my license up and taking public transportation. Slow reflexes, impaired vision, etc., can cause the same damage as a drunk driver.

I really love the way you compared that, but right now I do not think I am taking care of myself enough. I want to also mention there is a chemical called HGH that can promote anti-aging. I really know nothing about it, but suppoedly it is some mircle drug. I think it is already contained in the body, but levels decrease upon age.

Nefertari
Thursday, July 1st, 2004, 04:57 PM
I really love the way you compared that, but right now I do not think I am taking care of myself enough. I want to also mention there is a chemical called HGH that can promote anti-aging. I really know nothing about it, but suppoedly it is some mircle drug. I think it is already contained in the body, but levels decrease upon age.

Hmmm......sounds similar to the loss of melatonin. It seems the older one gets, the less sleep their bodies want, which in turn seems to crank up the aging process. I would also imagine that sleep deprivation could be a contributor in the dangers of elderly drivers. They have likened a tired driver to an intoxicated driver before, so perhaps there is a link to why the elderly are so dangerous on the road? :smt017 Something to ponder anyway.

Mac Seafraidh
Friday, July 2nd, 2004, 03:09 AM

Hmmm......sounds similar to the loss of melatonin. It seems the older one gets, the less sleep their bodies want, which in turn seems to crank up the aging process. I would also imagine that sleep deprivation could be a contributor in the dangers of elderly drivers. They have likened a tired driver to an intoxicated driver before, so perhaps there is a link to why the elderly are so dangerous on the road? :smt017 Something to ponder anyway.

A chinaman can cause an accident in the most likely avoidable situations. LOL , in fact it happened in my neighborhood at a four way stop, just two cars This Chinese lady, not even old couldn't see because of her eyeflaps. but I was the first one and had the right of wat :smt017

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 11:45 AM
A chinaman can cause an accident in the most likely avoidable situations. LOL , in fact it happened in my neighborhood at a four way stop, just two cars This Chinese lady, not even old couldn't see because of her eyeflaps. but I was the first one and had the right of wat :smt017

:smt002 Yes I was thinking this myself after reading the very first post on this Thread. :smt002
No use just blaming 'old' people. I couldn't count the times I have seen idiotic driving & accidents caused by Asians.(they outweigh the elderly by far!) :smt011

Also young people are apparently the worst & most dangerous drivers. So bad in fact (in Australia) that a curfew has been suggested to stop under 21's from driving at night. Also a random 'drug' testing. About time really..drugs are just as bad as booze in relation to affecting driving skills. The talking on Mobile phones whilst driving is also illegal here. :smt005 ...

Oh yes and what about getting a Dvd player installed in your car..what the HELL is that for!...Watch a latest Dvd while speeding through city streets...ha ha ha...Geez the modern world really makes sense.

Oh yes...just another note (that was mentioned before). If the older generation didn't know how to look after themselves, why then is obesity such a problem these days? People can't even feed & care for (themselves) let alone their children properly. Too selfish & lazy to cook!. Diabetes has never been so rampant. Then you have all the mental diseases & all the ridiculous 'quick fix' tablets to throw down your own & childs throat. ...yeah get your kid on Speed, that will be sure to fix the hyper activity...(Just a BRAT!...nothing a good smack on the bum wouldn't fix...THE OLD DAYS....). :smt013

Oh yes....for every vehicle per household..7 trees should be planted. To counter act the pollution. I bet not many people have done that. I wonder how many people have even planted 1 tree in their useless lives...! :smt013

Aggrrrrhh! I had better stop...talk about hating modernized humanity. :smt003

Nefertari
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 03:55 PM

:smt002 Yes I was thinking this myself after reading the very first post on this Thread. :smt002
No use just blaming 'old' people. I couldn't count the times I have seen idiotic driving & accidents caused by Asians.(they outweigh the elderly by far!) :smt011

Also young people are apparently the worst & most dangerous drivers. So bad in fact (in Australia) that a curfew has been suggested to stop under 21's from driving at night. Also a random 'drug' testing. About time really..drugs are just as bad as booze in relation to affecting driving skills. The talking on Mobile phones whilst driving is also illegal here. :smt005 ...

Oh yes and what about getting a Dvd player installed in your car..what the HELL is that for!...Watch a latest Dvd while speeding through city streets...ha ha ha...Geez the modern world really makes sense.

Oh yes...just another note (that was mentioned before). If the older generation didn't know how to look after themselves, why then is obesity such a problem these days? People can't even feed & care for (themselves) let alone their children properly. Too selfish & lazy to cook!. Diabetes has never been so rampant. Then you have all the mental diseases & all the ridiculous 'quick fix' tablets to throw down your own & childs throat. ...yeah get your kid on Speed, that will be sure to fix the hyper activity...(Just a BRAT!...nothing a good smack on the bum wouldn't fix...THE OLD DAYS....). :smt013

Oh yes....for every vehicle per household..7 trees should be planted. To counter act the pollution. I bet not many people have done that. I wonder how many people have even planted 1 tree in their useless lives...! :smt013

Aggrrrrhh! I had better stop...talk about hating modernized humanity. :smt003

I suppose it really depends on where you live when it comes to the worst drivers. Here, our biggest problem is the elderly. I reside in a small city, however, this small city has 6 funeral homes and 2 hospitals plus 1 specifically for hospice patients. We also have 2 highrise buildings for retirees. Teenagers here aren't as large a problem as the elderly, given the fact that they can't drive past 9:00 p.m. Also, they must have an experienced driver with them who has 4+ yrs. of experience while they drive w/a permit for a minimum of 6 mths.

Unfortunately, there are no laws governing the elderly drivers in my State and as stated before, they can drive until dead without so much as renewing their picture. They are in essence, the largest danger outside of intoxicated drivers here. Kind of makes you wonder what's being done to not only protect the victims from injury, but also to protect the elderly. :smt017

There is not one day that goes by where I don't find myself avoiding some potential accident involving the elderly. :smt012