PDA

View Full Version : NYHC/DM

Nefertari
Friday, June 18th, 2004, 09:38 PM
There are a crazy number of bands in my area that don't get the recognition they deserve. In light of this, I've turned my Public Live Journal into a music forum for the above.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/nef_712/166693.html

Last Call is the featured band for this week. Ralph [vox] has been a good friend of mine for years. Please check out the MP3s on the site.....especially the song, "Conspiracy"

Thanks. :)

PsycholgclMishap
Sunday, June 20th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Eeek, no offense but the NYDM/HC scenes are very trite, and bring nothing original to the table.

Skinless and Dehumanized are good live bands but other than that. NYDM/HC are Bore City USA.

However, Incantation is a great band.

Nefertari
Thursday, June 24th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Eeek, no offense but the NYDM/HC scenes are very trite, and bring nothing original to the table.

Skinless and Dehumanized are good live bands but other than that. NYDM/HC are Bore City USA.

However, Incantation is a great band.

heh.....no offense taken. Music is like beauty and each person has a different opinion, none of which outweighs another. :)

But I'll be sure to let Sherwood know you like his band. ;)

Nefertari
Thursday, November 18th, 2004, 09:40 PM
I now have a website dedicated to music from all over.

http://www.freewebs.com/nefsaudio/index.htm

I'm still limiting the music genres. If you have a favourite band and would like to see them given some coverage, please tell them to email me at:

nefertari1@gmail.com

Also, please be aware that I am only plugging "heavy" bands and am not accepting country, rap, new age or folk. Thanks for your patience! :)

Ewergrin
Saturday, November 20th, 2004, 02:40 AM
I'm not sure if there is an extreme music genre that I care less about.
I just never got into it. Good luck with your website, though. :)

Nefertari
Saturday, November 20th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Thank you, Folkish. I'm not sure this is "extreme"....it's just what's been abundant here for a good decade +. A lot of people are playing shows for payment of beer and pizza alone and I just want to help give them a bit of attention. ;)

WarMaiden
Saturday, November 20th, 2004, 04:20 PM
NO FORGIVENESS are pretty good...

WarMaiden
Saturday, November 20th, 2004, 04:22 PM
My sister, Rocky, in the pit - 10/16/04 for Last Call

She looks like she can kick some ass lol...

Ewergrin
Saturday, November 20th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Thank you, Folkish. I'm not sure this is "extreme"....it's just what's been abundant here for a good decade +. A lot of people are playing shows for payment of beer and pizza alone and I just want to help give them a bit of attention. ;)

"Extreme" music covers a wide range of the spectrum of music. I used the term, not because NYDM/HC is extreme within extreme music genres (in fact both sub-genres are rather weak and un-extreme in my opinion), but because they are extreme when compared to say, Madonna, or Destinys Child, or even the garbage being played on new rock radio stations today.l

Nefertari
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 08:41 PM
"Extreme" music covers a wide range of the spectrum of music. I used the term, not because NYDM/HC is extreme within extreme music genres (in fact both sub-genres are rather weak and un-extreme in my opinion), but because they are extreme when compared to say, Madonna, or Destinys Child, or even the garbage being played on new rock radio stations today.l

Some may feel it's extreme in comparison to the artists you mentioned and others don't, possibly because that's what they're used to listening to.

Personally, I don't care what people think about the music. (I grew out of the "poser" competitions years ago). Music is an opinion/preference. No one's choice is better than the other because it's a personal like/dislike. I don't limit myself to just one or two genre(s). In fact, I listen to quite the variety, minus a few styles, because I just don't care for them. My choice isn't right or wrong. :)

It really doesn't bother me if one doesn't like what I post up on my site. My advice - don't listen. ;)

Nefertari
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 08:48 PM
NO FORGIVENESS are pretty good...

Glad you like. :)

Nefertari
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2004, 08:50 PM
Just FYI...

...more pics are up on the site for your enjoyment. :)

www.freewebs.com/nefsaudio/photos.htm

Allenson
Wednesday, November 24th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I like your purple hair. :)

Nefertari
Saturday, November 27th, 2004, 03:53 PM
I like your purple hair. :)

Thank you! I wish I could get away with dying my hair that colour or a bright red, but alas, my employer wouldn't allow it.

Nefertari
Thursday, December 9th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Just FYI...

...there's a vote on my LJ continuing until Monday, 12/13. Please join in and cast. Thanks! :)

www.livejournal.com/users/nef_712/