PDA

View Full Version : Quotes about Women

Ewergrin
Wednesday, February 25th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Funny Quotes About Women (http://www.aardvarkarchie.com/quotes/women.htm)

1. "As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied."
Oscar Wilde

2. "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde."
Dolly Parton

3. "One of the reasons I don't see eye to eye with Women's Lib is that women have it all on a plate if only they knew it. They don't have to be pretty either."
Charlotte Rampling

4. "When women kiss it always reminds me of prize fighters shaking hands."
HL Mencken

5. "Direct thought is not an attribute of feminity. In this, women are now centuries behind man."
Thomas Edison

6. "When a woman becomes a scholar there is usually something wrong with her sexual organs."
Friedrich Nietzsche

7. "Sensible and responsible women do not want to vote."
Grover Cleveland, Former US President (1905)

8. "Show me a woman who doesn't feel guilt and I'll show you a man."
Erica Jong

9. "Nature intended women to be our slaves. They are our property."
Napolean Bonaparte

10. "I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute."
Rebecca West

Odessa
Thursday, February 26th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Hmmm

Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
--Charlotte Whitton

Well behaved women rarely make history.
--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
--Robert A, Heinlein

A woman's love is a man's privilege, not his right.
--Unknown

**consider my hat thrown in this arena.........en guard monsieur!

Anonymous
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Hmmm

Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
--Charlotte Whitton

I like that one :smt005

WarMaiden
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Hmmm

--Charlotte Whitton

Oops i forgot to login :smt006

Ewergrin
Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Hmmm

--Charlotte Whitton

Oops i forgot to login :smt006

:smt006
Hello to you WarMaiden!
http://www.blutundboden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 11:43 AM
"The man of genius possesses, like everything else, the complete female in himself; but woman herself is only a part of the Universe, and the part can never be the whole; femaleness can never include genius. This lack of genius on the part of woman is inevitable because woman is not a monad, and cannot reflect the Universe."

- Otto Weininger

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Good try. And as we all know, trying REALLY hard is the most important thing. :thumbup

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:04 PM
"The fixed stars signify the angel in man. That is why man orients himself by means of them; and that is why women have no appreciation for the starry sky; because their sense of the angel in man is lacking."

- Weininger

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:07 PM
10/10

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:11 PM
"What a woman says to her ardent lover should be written in wind and running water."

- Gaius Valerius Catullus

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Hormones.....

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Man is the head, and woman his headache.

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM
He's the head alright! :D

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM
"Women are just like Communists - if you do exactly what they want all the time you are being realistic and constructive and promoting the cause of peace, and if you ever stand up to them you are resorting to cold-war tactics and pursuing imperialistic designs and interfering in their internal affairs."

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:27 PM
and if you ever stand up to them you are resorting to cold-war tactics and pursuing imperialistic designs and interfering in their internal affairs."Actually no, that's called being ballsy. :D :thumbup Very brave indeed. :thumbup

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:30 PM
"Women have no sympathy . . . And my experience of women is almost as large as Europe. And it is so intimate too. Women crave for being loved, not for loving. They scream at you for sympathy all day long, they are incapable of giving any in return for they cannot remember your affairs long enough to do so."

- Florence Nightingale

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:33 PM
"Women have no sympathy . . . And my experience of women is almost as large as Europe. And it is so intimate too. Women crave for being loved, not for loving. They scream at you for sympathy all day long, they are incapable of giving any in return for they cannot remember your affairs long enough to do so."

- Florence Nightingale

That's right. Many women have empathy instead. ;) Sympathy is pity and of no use to anyone. Empathy is where emotional support resides.

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:35 PM
"Women have a wonderful instinct about things. They can discover everything except the obvious."

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
"Women have a wonderful instinct about things. They can discover everything except the obvious."
That's because the obvious is too shallow.... a job for....

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:46 PM
"Can you recall a woman who ever showed you with pride her library?"

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:47 PM
.... SUPERPHLEGY!!!! :D :D

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:48 PM

Keep meeting the wrong women, eh?

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:49 PM
"He who falls into the snares of women is like a bird that falls into the hands of a little silly child: the child plays with it merrily and is glad, but meanwhile the bird endures the pains of death, and undergoes all manner of tortures."

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:55 PM
"He who falls into the snares of women is like a bird that falls into the hands of a little silly child: the child plays with it merrily and is glad, but meanwhile the bird endures the pains of death, and undergoes all manner of tortures."
Maybe the birdies need to learn how to play the game.... :D .... Either that, or just find different women.

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:57 PM
All wickedness is but little to the wickedness of a woman.

(Apocrypha, Ecclesiasticus)

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:00 PM
All wickedness is but little to the wickedness of a woman.

(Apocrypha, Ecclesiasticus)
Adam's rib?

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:03 PM
"God created man, and finding him not sufficiently alone, gave him a companion to make him feel his solitude more acutely."

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Sounds like you're speaking of women there, not men.

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:10 PM
"An intelligent woman will find a thousand compatible men, but an intelligent man is alone in the world."

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I don't mind the tosser one being removed though, there are enough tossers in my life. :D

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:13 PM
To each pot its lid.

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:16 PM
No, too many pots, not enough lids. Or is that too many lids and not enough pots? Which is the tosser? The lid or the pot?

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:17 PM
"An intelligent woman will find a thousand compatible men, but an intelligent man is alone in the world."You don't have any problem finding women then, hey stud-muffin?

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:23 PM
"Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who would want to live in an institution?"

- H.L. Mencken

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:25 PM
You don't mind do you?

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:26 PM
"A man may be a fool and not know it -- but not if he is married."

- H.L. Mencken

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Lots of good women for you there in the nut-house obviously.....

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Compatible perhaps.....

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:36 PM
A nut-house is preferable to a prison colony.

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:37 PM
There is no slave out of heaven like a loving woman; and, of all loving women, there is no such slave as a mother.

-Henry Ward Beecher

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:38 PM
A nut-house is preferable to a prison colony.
I guess you'd know. :D

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:40 PM
An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.

- Spanish Proverb.

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:42 PM
«Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!» -- Coty Perfume AdWant her to be more of a woman? Try being more of a man".

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM
"A mother is a mother still,
The holiest thing alive."

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I'm taking lectures from Phlegethon already. ;)

That's a scary thought! :D

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Phlegethon has gone home! That's not fair! Come back and play!

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:50 PM
The women win!!!

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:53 PM
If women said what they thought they'd be speechless.

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:54 PM
"A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture, and transform."

- Diane Mariechild

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:56 PM
"I've never met a man of good character who has had anything to do with a woman."

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:59 PM
If women said what they thought they'd be speechless.If men said what they felt, they'd be speechless. :D

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:01 PM
"I've never met a man of good character who has had anything to do with a woman."Still professing to be a stud-muffin, eh?

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:02 PM
"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere."
- Helen Gurley Brown.Especially concentrated in Phlegethon's loony bin apparently! :D (Bad girls, that is!)

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:03 PM
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's - she changes it more often.

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:06 PM
"A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking,
and it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking."

- Helen Steiner Rice

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:07 PM
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's - she changes it more often.Flexibility is a virtue. ;)

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Oh, what a power is motherhood, possessing
A potent spell. All women alike
Fight fiercely for a child."

- Euripedes

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:17 PM
No wonder women live longer than men - look how long they remain girls.

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
No wonder women live longer than men - look how long they remain girls.Youthful and lively! Bright and kindly! Beautiful and spritely! :D

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Beauty is the wisdom of women. Wisdom is the beauty of men.

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Beauty is the wisdom of women. Wisdom is the beauty of men.Oh come now, don't be so hard on yourself. :( I'm sure your mother finds you beautiful, wisdom or not! ;) Hehe

Bridie
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:33 PM
It was fun playing lads and lasses, but I've got to go now..... these games are getting a bit too lovey-dovey for me! :D :D Hehehe

(BTW - the women won!)

Theudiskaz
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 03:15 PM
This has to be my favorite quote about women. It really summarizes the way men feel about women.

"What inspires respect and, often enough, fear of women is their nature (which is "more natural" than that of men), their truly predatory and cunning agility, their tiger's claws inside their glove, the naivite of their egoism, their inner wildness and inability to be trained, the incomprehensibility, expanse, and rambling character of their desires and virtues... What inspires pity, inspite of all fear, for this dangerous and beautiful cat "woman" is that she seems to suffer more, be more vulnerable, need more love, and be condemned to more dissapointments than any animal. Fear and pity: these are the feelings with which men have stood before women..."

Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil pg.129

Chlodovech
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Oswald Spengler

"Woman is the seeress, and not because she knows the future, but because she is the future."

"The priest merely interprets the oracle; the woman is the oracle itself, and it is Time that speaks through her. The man makes History, the woman is History."

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 03:54 PM
"Woman is the seeress, and not because she knows the future, but because she is the future."

If women are the future I'd rather live in the past.

Georgia
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 04:08 PM

Hi, Phlegethon!
If you ever come down South please let me know. I would love for you to see my library. I certainly don't want to come across with false pride, for it would not be me. The simple fact is that I love to read, and do have a pretty good size home library. Georgia

Phlegethon
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Nah, you'd have to bring your library here as I am barred from entering U.S. territory, even if it is only for transit. (Not that I'd ever feel the urge to do so.)

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Nah, you'd have to bring your library here as I am barred from entering U.S. territory, even if it is only for transit. (Not that I'd ever feel the urge to do so.)
Urges.... Not even to visit Disneyland???

Has Krautzilla been a naughty boy then? :lmfao:

Phlegethon
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Urges.... Not even to visit Disneyland???
Nah, all I'd want to see is Itchy & Scratchy Land (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itchy_%26_Scratchy_Land).

Roger Meyers senior, the gentle genius behind Itchy and Scratchy, loved
and cared about almost all the peoples of the world. And he, in turn,
was beloved by the world, except in 1938 when he was criticized for his
controversial cartoon, "Nazi Supermen Are Our Superiors".

-- The narrator tells "The Roger Meyers Story" (episode "Itchy and Scratchy Land")

Has Krautzilla been a naughty boy then? :lmfao:
Still am.

Siegmund
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Of all things upon earth that bleed and grow,
An herb most bruised is woman.

-Euripides, Medea

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Still am.
Promises.... promises.....

Nah, all I'd want to see is Itchy & Scratchy Land (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itchy_%26_Scratchy_Land).
Too deep for this little ol' woman's brain I'm afraid! :angel

Georgia
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Phlegethon

You know, I hear this statement quite a bit from German men. Must be something contagious;) . Just don't know what you are missing:thumbup .

Georgia

Leofric
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Very nice thread with great possibilities. I must say that I've enjoyed many of the foregoing quotes on both sides for their cleverness, even when I haven't always agreed with the statements behind them. It has been a little annoying though to have to sift through all the retorts to get to the quotes themselves.

Here's a quote about women that's not all that witty, but whose sentiment I hold quite dear. It's from the Tale of Melibee, in Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales:

What is bettre than gold? jaspre.
What is bettre than jaspre? wisedoom.
And what is better than wisedoom? womman.
And what is bettre than a good womman? nothyng.

Incidentally, if you're looking for quotes about women, you can find many in the Tale of Melibee, both for and against women. Personally, I'm strongly for women — no back's broke on my mountain!

EDIT: Link to the Tale of Melibee: http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/toccer-old?id=Cha2Can&images=images/modeng&data=/lv1/Archive/mideng-parsed&tag=public&part=40&division=div1

Phlegethon
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Just don't know what you are missing:thumbup .

I am missing this antithesis to the Cartesian axiom as much as I miss a bullet through my head.

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:17 AM
I must say that I've enjoyed many of the foregoing quotes on both sides for their cleverness, even when I haven't always agreed with the statements behind them. It has been a little annoying though to have to sift through all the retorts to get to the quotes themselves.
This wasn't originally a thread about "quotes about women", it was originally about Phlegethon asking for a good arse kicking! LMAO Hence my retorts. Sorry! But a woman has to give the man what he wants. :D :D Always here to serve. :D :D

Phlegethon
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Sorry! But a woman has to give the man what he wants. :D :D

You and which army?

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:30 AM
You and which army?
The one you see every night in your dreams..... dream on..... dream on.....

:D

Phlegethon
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:35 AM
You mean that terribly frightening mighty Australian army? ;)

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:42 AM
You mean that terribly frightening mighty Australian army? ;)
Well that depends on whether or not you're afraid of a bunch of folks descended from violent crims and sleazy whores now doesn't it? The scum of English society. Hehe

Well, actually, I was meaning the bevy of raging femmos you fantasise about every night - one has to keep one's self fullfilled somehow.... ;) :D :D

Emphasis on one's self, of course! Hehehe

Georgia
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:43 AM
I am missing this antithesis to the Cartesian axiom as much as I miss a bullet through my head.

Nihilism exists within the intelligentsia.

Phlegethon
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Well, actually I was meaning the bevy of raging femmos you fantasise about every night

Those that rage in my kitchen or those that rage in my dungeon?

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Those that rage in my kitchen or those that rage in my dungeon?No need to bring S&M into this. :D

Georgia
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Emphasis on one's self, of course! Hehehe

I did not know Phlegethon needed you to answer for him. Georgia

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 03:00 AM
I did not know Phlegethon needed you to answer for him. GeorgiaIt'd make more sense than him answering for himself! :D Hahaha

No seriously, that "self" comment was in reference to my previous post not yours. ;) :) I've edited it now to avoid confusion.

Phlegethon
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Catfight! Cathfight! Woohoo! ;)

Phlegethon
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 03:11 AM
No need to bring S&M into this. :D

Just S. No M.

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Just S. No M.
Well, hello sailor! :fool

(JOKING!!!)

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 03:31 AM
OK. Game's over. I win! :D :D

Skildur
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Man has to imagine woman more beautiful than she really is just to get used to the sad inevitability of living with her. There is a strong desire in every man to take a vengeance on woman for the fact that he really needs her.

QuietWind
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Women belong in the house... and the Senate. --Author Unknown

I think it's about time we voted for senators with breasts. After all, we've been voting for boobs long enough. --Clarie Sargent, Arizona senatorial candidate

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition. --Timothy Leary

Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men. --Joseph Conrad

What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce.--
Mark Twain.

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Women belong in the house... and the Senate. --Author Unknown

I think it's about time we voted for senators with breasts. After all, we've been voting for boobs long enough. --Clarie Sargent, Arizona senatorial candidate

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition. --Timothy Leary

Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men. --Joseph Conrad

What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce.--
Mark Twain.
:idolize :bowgal

:D :D :D

QuietWind
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 05:34 AM
I like that Mark Twain quote I posted the best. Afterall, without women, who would give birth to the men? :fcurtsy:

I have a comment/question. Why is it that ever since the males have discovered women are up to 30% on Skadi, they suddenly feel threatened and have begun to post anti-women threads and posts? It seems everywhere I turn there is another.Are we that intimidating that they feel the need to drive us off? I'd think a healthy heterosexual male would like to be around women.:fhdkiss:

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 06:45 AM
I have a comment/question. Why is it that ever since the males have discovered women are up to 30% on Skadi, they suddenly feel threatened and have begun to post anti-women threads and posts? It seems everywhere I turn there is another.Are we that intimidating that they feel the need to drive us off? I'd think a healthy heterosexual male would like to be around women.The weaker men will feel intimidated. Strong men will feel the urge to protect us. :) That's my opinion anyway. But its all in fun anyway, I think. :D

Leofric
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 06:57 AM
I have a comment/question. Why is it that ever since the males have discovered women are up to 30% on Skadi, they suddenly feel threatened and have begun to post anti-women threads and posts? It seems everywhere I turn there is another.Are we that intimidating that they feel the need to drive us off? I'd think a healthy heterosexual male would like to be around women.:fhdkiss:

I was worried that this would happen when I posted that 30% thread in the first place. But in the end, I hoped that the men of Skadi would be stronger than that. I still hope they can become so. I must say, it hasn't helped that some of the women have fought fire with fire, as it were. Water would have been much better.

Phlegethon's misogyny is constant, of course, and I don't think it should be considered part of the new women-hating.

But the recent general fighting has to stop, in my opinion. We're all just shooting ourselves in the head. How in the world can we possibly hope to preserve our culture if we fight between men and women? We need to love each other. Nothing could be more detrimental to our mission here than to bring about general intersexual antipathy among our people. Nothing. I think each of us needs to make the personal decision (with the possible exception of you, Phlegethon) to end this fight. If each of us stops fighting, the fight will be over immediately.

Even if we let Phlegethon remain the lone voice crying in the wilderness, the fight will be over, for the prophet will be preaching to his locusts alone beyond Bethabara while we all rush to greet the bridegroom. But don't worry, brother, we'll do what we can to keep Salome from dancing too wildly. ;)

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I don't think the male population here really want to drive the females off. A little clash and teasing between the two genders has happened times before, being that we are different beings after all.
There is a saying in German that goes "Was sich liebt, das neckt sich." Those who love each other, tease each other :D
I tend to agree. ;) :)

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I love a good laugh. ;) :D :D

Phlegethon
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM
It is exactly this female over-the-top larmoyance and the complete absence of both a sense of humor and a very basic comprehension which corroborate my view that there is something terribly wrong with women.

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 11:51 AM
I love a good laugh.
.... at Phlegethon's expense. Which isn't hard. In fact he makes it so damn easy..... too easy....

:D :D

Phlegethon
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 11:54 AM
The only thing that matters is who is having the last laugh on whom. Wait and see!

Thusnelda
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I guess its time to set things correct:

"God made woman beautiful and foolish: Beautiful, that man might love her; and foolish, that she might love him” :P

“Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths.”
Lois Wyse

“Men are like pumpkins. It seems like all the good ones are either taken or they've had everything scraped out of their heads with a spoon.”

Bridie
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I guess its time to set things correct:

"God made woman beautiful and foolish: Beautiful, that man might love her; and foolish, that she might love him” :P

“Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths.”
Lois Wyse

“Men are like pumpkins. It seems like all the good ones are either taken or they've had everything scraped out of their heads with a spoon.”

Hehehe

You can play with Phlegethon now if you like Valkyrie. ;) I've finished! :D :D One of SUPERPHLEGGY'S quotes....

He he he.