PDA

View Full Version : Sharia Courts Come To Scotland

Cythraul
Tuesday, October 14th, 2008, 01:31 PM
SECRET talks are under way to bring Islamic sharia law courts to Scotland, The Scotsman has learned.
Qamar Bhatti, director of the Muslim Arbitration Tribunal (MAT), which runs the courts, admitted discussions were taking place with lawyers and Muslim community groups in Scotland.

The group is believed to be aiming to set up courts in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

In September it emerged that five sharia courts, ruling on civil cases from divorce to domestic violence and financial disputes, had been operating for more than a year in London, Birmingham, Bradford, Manchester and at MAT headquarters in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.

The courts have legal powers, with their decisions enforceable through the county courts or high courts.
Scotsman (http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Sharia-courts-set-to-bring.4573444.jp)

----------------------------------
A lot of people will look at this and think: "It's not a big deal. It won't affect me". But these things work in increments. A step at a time is how they like to play it. Put a frog in a pan of boiling water and it'll jump straight out, but boil it from cold and it'll slowly cook.

BeornWulfWer
Tuesday, October 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM

I wonder if the people who say they have the "moral high ground" over us in concerns to the immigration debate will now start to piece together what we have been saying all this time?

Nah!, me neither.