PDA

View Full Version : Ritual Slaughter of Animals Excluded from New Regulations

Praetorianer
Sunday, September 28th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Ritual killing of animals by Muslims and Jews is to be excluded from a new European Commission animal welfare regulation dealing with conditions for slaughtering animals.

Six of the 35s laughter plants currently approved by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food provide ritual slaughter techniques.

Animals which are ritually slaughtered are not stunned beforehand, but have their throats cut while fully conscious. Orthodox Jews and Muslims are not permitted to eat meat unless it is kosher or halal.

‘‘As freedom of religion is enshrined in the Charter of Fundamental Rights and also considered in the protocol on the protection and welfare of animals annexed to the treaty, that takes precedence in this particular case,” said a Dublin spokeswoman for the commission.

A spokesman for the Department of Agriculture said the number of animals slaughtered using these methods varied greatly from month to month. ‘‘Orders are usually made on a batch basis, depending on the customers’ requirements,” he said.

The European Commission began a research project two years ago on issues relating to religious slaughter. The project is due to end in October 2009, with proposals to reconcile the demand for religiously-slaughtered meat with requirements of animal welfare.

The regulation adopted by the commission will bring existing rules into line with food hygiene regulations. It will also require regular monitoring of stunning equipment, to ensure that stunned animals do not regain consciousness before being killed.

The regulation now has to be approved by the European Parliament.

Sunday Business Post (http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=IRELAND-qqqm=news-qqqid=36284-qqqx=1.asp)

Just sickening. :thumbdown

Old Winter
Sunday, September 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Belgium anti-ritual slaughter demonstration

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/LordNagash/060115_272_protest_offerfeest.jpg

BTW, in the extreme political correct land of Sweden ritual slaughter is forbidden, surprising huh.

Rik
Friday, October 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
But what about the blott ?

Oswiu
Friday, October 3rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
BTW, in the extreme political correct land of Sweden ritual slaughter is forbidden, surprising huh.

So they just import sacrificed animals from elsewhere? Nice ethics!

This issue really needs questioning - why are our animal rights groups so silent on the matter?

Anyone got links to kosher and halal butchering videos? I have one on my laptop and have often used it to put acquaintances off buying such meat, quite a powerful tool. Mine shows a wonderful machine that turns cows upside down and lets a man saw their throat open and rip out their oesophagus. They are then released from the machine to flail about on the slaughterhouse floor with their guts hanging out of their necks. Lovely. And anyone who ever knowingly eats Muslim or Jewish food shares in the guilt.

Those who deceive others into eating it (school authorities in some English towns) are doubly so.

BeornWulfWer
Friday, October 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Awzz2F5At24

I thought Halal Meat was supposed to be clean? Did you see the state of the slaughter room?
That goat felt every last stroke of that knife, you know.

Such a peaceful religion, Islam.

H1RTMcnb-5k

There is even Halal awareness videos for those who are truly respectful towards alien peoples.

iVZe3my3yd8

More people taking part in their heart warming religious traditions.

s_9bFqzwfmA

But I am mindful that even in my hatred of alien customs, we still have today people of our own who can't even respect the thing they are going to kill by simply alleviating the pain they are going to inflict.

Psychonaut
Friday, October 3rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
But what about the blott ?

That's what I was thinking. I don't know how English Heathens do things, but here in the US, many of us who are fortunate enough to have small farms perform authentic blots, complete with animal sacrifice. This is particularly common with the various Theodish groups. I don't know, or particularly care what the desert folks do with their animals (it can't be any more cruel than KFC), and I would not support any legislation that would infringe on the religious rights of my fellow Heathens.