PDA

View Full Version : Islam Group Urges Forest Fire Jihad

Ulf
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 02:59 AM
After they start these fires at least we'll have a way to dispose of their bodies...
--------------------

AUSTRALIA has been singled out as a target for "forest jihad" by a group of Islamic extremists urging Muslims to deliberately light bushfires as a weapon of terror.

US intelligence channels earlier this year identified a website calling on Muslims in Australia, the US, Europe and Russia to "start forest fires", claiming "scholars have justified chopping down and burning the infidels' forests when they do the same to our lands".

The website, posted by a group called the Al-Ikhlas Islamic Network, argues in Arabic that lighting fires is an effective form of terrorism justified in Islamic law under the "eye for an eye" doctrine.

The posting — which instructs jihadis to remember "forest jihad" in summer months — says fires cause economic damage and pollution, tie up security agencies and can take months to extinguish so that "this terror will haunt them for an extended period of time".

"Imagine if, after all the losses caused by such an event, a jihadist organisation were to claim responsibility for the forest fires," the website says. "You can hardly begin to imagine the level of fear that would take hold of people in the United States, in Europe, in Russia and in Australia."

With the nation heading into another hot, dry summer, Australian intelligence agencies are treating the possibility that bushfires could be used as a weapon of terrorism as a serious concern.

Attorney-General Robert McClelland said the Federal Government remained "vigilant against such threats", warning that anyone caught lighting a fire as a weapon of terror would feel the wrath of anti-terror laws.

"Any information that suggests a threat to Australia's interests is investigated by relevant agencies as appropriate," Mr McClelland said.

Adam Dolnik, director of research at the University of Wollongong's Centre for Transnational Crime Prevention, said that bushfires (unlike suicide bombing) were generally not considered a glorious type of attack by jihadis, in keeping with a recent decline in the sophistication of terrorist operations.
Continued... (http://www.theage.com.au/national/islam-group-urges-forest-fire-jihad-20080906-4b53.html?page=2)

Thrymheim
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 03:08 AM
They would have a problem in some of those places that they mentioned, fire may well be a large concern to forestry in Aus and parts of the states, but in Britian fire losses are infintisimal, wind throw is the main problem, now if they could get Allah to create a storm...
Anyway how would it help them if they remove in infidels from the world but destroy it in the process?

Soten
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I wouldn't want to be the sorry towel-head who runs into a pissed off Smokey the Bear while lighting fires in the middle of the forest...

http://www.mtmultipleuse.org/images/smokey.jpg

Thrymheim
Thursday, September 11th, 2008, 03:11 AM
of course a lot of forest fires are much worse now, because the forests are not allowed to burn periodically as they would naturally, therefore there is a build up of fuel and when they do go up it is 100 times stronger and larger that it should be.

Soten
Thursday, September 11th, 2008, 03:57 AM
of course a lot of forest fires are much worse now, because the forests are not allowed to burn periodically as they would naturally, therefore there is a build up of fuel and when they do go up it is 100 times stronger and larger that it should be.

That's definitely true. I am part of a land association here in PA that owns a good deal of woodland and we clear out the old and dead trees from time to time to keep the forest in good shape. We sell the extra wood that we acquire in the process to lumber companies. In this way we make a little money and ensure that our forest is thriving. A forest will naturally create old dead trees and plants that create an excellent source of tinder for fires if given the chance. There are only two solutions to this, either let the forest burn a little when needed or harvest the dry timber.

ChaosLord
Friday, September 12th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Another further reason to no longer let them in your countries. They don't respect the natives, cultures, or the lands that let them in. If they do try starting fires hopefully they get caught in it.

Aethelwulf
Sunday, September 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
If such a situation occurs and Muslims deliberately light bushfires in Australia then it will only cause more community anger against them.

ChaosLord
Sunday, September 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM
In a sense, I think that's what they really want because it will give them an excuse to be even more unruly and enact jihad again muslim "oppression."

Brynhild
Monday, September 22nd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Well, for one thing, they would need to know the topography of the bush in order to get in there first off - as well as get out! If they can't get out, thats' a few more fried towelheads.

Another thing to take into consideration that they would be too dumb to contemplate, the firies backburn every year to minimise such risks to life and property.

Let them try! Our blokes have put up with plenty of arsonists in the past, what difference will a few towelheads make?

forkbeard
Saturday, December 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Its an obvious thing to do. I always suspect that the fires in the US are caused by Islamists.What a bunch of cowards taking out their inferiority on helpless nature. Why can't they blow up some real enemies we have in common to gain our respect.

Jonathan Eells
Sunday, December 7th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I read that just today President Bush repealed a ban on carrying concealed weapons in national parks in the US (of course). I had been wondering why. Not that I'm upset, mind you. I'm happy to know that NOW I won't get arrested for doing something that I (might - because one should follow all applicable laws) have been doing all along.

Veritas Æquitas
Sunday, December 7th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Well if I am out in the bush and I see something like this happening I may just mistake that diaper they wear on their heads for a nice juicy duck..