PDA

View Full Version : Sufis in Germany

Evolved
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Naqshbandi Sufi Order leader Mawlana Shaykh Nazim visits Germany (http://www.naqshbandi.org/events/Germany2000/day1/mawlana_shaykh_nazim_germany.htm)

American Nationalist
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Are you Muslim? I notice you've posted quite a bit about Islam. Just curious.

Evolved
Wednesday, April 14th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Yes, and I'm here to convert you all or cut off your heads. :)

American Nationalist
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Whoa!!! Seriously!?! No....not the head cutting part....I figured you'd do that anyway. But, you are Muslim? tell me more. :-O

Evolved
Monday, April 26th, 2004, 05:51 AM
I consider the Torah, Gospel and Qur'an to be the word of God, I believe in the Prophets- such as Adam, Abraham, Moses, Noah, Jesus.. (:saw), I believe in "Ash-hadu an la ilaha illa'llah. Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah" (I bear witness there is no God but God and Muhammad is his slave & messenger). I think somehow I have always believed in these things, without practicing the faith. Islam is kind of like Unitarianism plus Muhammad (:saw) & the Qur'an. It says in the Qur'an several times some among the Christians are believers in Islam, i.e. they reject Trinitarian beliefs and worship in the way of the original Abrahamic monotheism. I believe Jesus (:saw) preached this kind of strict monotheism, and thus Jesus (:saw) was a Muslim.

http://www.jesusthemuslim.com/

Christianity and Islam are able to co-exist, having the same root with Abraham (:saw). The problem is not a struggle between Islam and Christianity, but between Muslims and Christians. "God, Please Save Me from Your Followers!" :D Because both will distort their faiths out of ignorance, claim to speak for God or perform His will (Osama and Bush both claim to be doing God's will!). I think if more Christians and Muslims took the time to learn what each other believed, they would not be so quick to say "heathen" or "kaffir."

I'm only critical of Christianity's belief in 3 "Gods", the rest is fine. In fact I enjoy reading the Bible and my boyfriend is a Reform Catholic. :thumbsup :D

American Nationalist
Tuesday, April 27th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Hmmmm.......that's an interesting take on things. I've never thought of it that way. You're quite an enlightened woman. especially since you from michigan and i should know since I'm exiled there too. :)