PDA

View Full Version : Althing-Skadi Forum Merge: Potential Issues

Aeternitas
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM
The Althing has merged into Skadi Forum.

Logging in
Should you experience problems logging in, please use the email password option in order to reset your password. If you cannot remember your email address, please use the contact form (http://forums.skadi.net/sendmessage.php?), specifying your username and new email address there. We will send you a new password and reactivate your account.

Profiles
Due to the import and non-corresponding profile field IDs, most profile entries from the Althing are gone. You will thus have to edit your profiles (http://forums.skadi.net/profile.php?do=editprofile) and update your information.

Also make sure to edit your options (http://forums.skadi.net/profile.php?do=editoptions).

Banners
Should the banner not show up, please go to your user control panel, choose edit options (http://forums.skadi.net/profile.php?do=editoptions) > miscellaneous options > forum banner and select your desired banner. We do not have many banners at the moment, but we will be gradually adding new ones.

Styles
As style IDs differ from board to board, you will most likely also need to re-choose your preferred style. To do this, either select it from the Quick Style Chooser at the bottom of the page, or go to your user control panel > edit options (http://forums.skadi.net/profile.php?do=editoptions) > miscellaneous options > forum skin and from there select your preferred style.

Private Messages
Those users whose accounts were successfully merged should be able to access all private messages from both Skadi and the Althing.
Those users whose accounts were not successfully merged should only be able to access private messages from the Althing.

Due to the import all reputation points from the Althing have been lost. You are now back to your old reputation level on Skadi. Users who were not Skadi members currently have a reputation level of 10 points. We can manually enter your reputation points from the Althing if you let us know the amount, however we cannot restore the comments.

If your Skadi account was merged into your Althing account, your join date will consequently be that of the Althing. If you can remember your Skadi join date, please let us know and we will modify it for you.

Features
We have downgraded from vbulletin 3.7 to vbulletin 3.6, as it is a much more stable and bug-free version. Thus, features such as the social groups, visitor messages, etc. will be missing. Modification-related information from the Althing, such as the thanks was also lost, so you are back to your number of thanks from Skadi Forum.

Usergroups
As it used to be a bigger forum, Skadi had more usergroups than the Althing.

If you are a new member and/or you have less than 15 posts, your posts will be moderated (http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=skadi_faq#faq_new_faq_item_p osts), i.e. they will have to be validated by Staff before they become public. This was a measure we considered implementing on the Althing in any case, due to the recent excessive trolling and drama from users who signed up to cause problems.
The Newbies usergroup is restricted for security reasons, so you will need to have 15 posts in order to be able to use features such as private messaging, reputation, profile viewing, etc.

Users with more than 15 posts are then promoted to the Juniors usergroup, which has a few more options. The Regulars (http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=skadi_faq#faq_new_faq_item_r egular) usergroup gives you access to some private forums. The Funding Member usergroup has additional options. Funding members receive privileges, etc.

Funding
If you have an active subscription with the Althing, you must cancel it. Since we changed domain name and servers, Skadi is no longer hosted by Dreamhost.

Æmeric
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure if my two accounts were successfully merged. I can't find Madoc on the membership list, but my UCP contained no rep comments from my Skadi account or any pms either. Tried logging in as Madoc, but I can't remember the password. I have 10 rep points but I know I had around 2000 + as Madoc. Last I check I had 2600 + rep points at the Althing.

BeornWulfWer
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:18 PM
I can't change my avatar. :~(

And where's my Valknuts? Just when I was rewarded with a pair, they are taken from me!!! :D

I'm not to worried about losing anything, but am pretty miffed at losing my 100'000 rep points!!

400 actually.

Mrs. Lyfing
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:19 PM
Ok, I had 749 Rep points I believe. ;)

What the heck? :-O :)

SuuT
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure if my two accounts were successfully merged. I can't find Madoc on the membership list, but my UCP contained no rep comments from my Skadi account or any pms either. Tried logging in as Madoc, but I can't remember the password. I have 10 rep points but I know I had around 2000 + as Madoc. Last I check I had 2600 + rep points at the Althing.

Same basic problem here.

Thanks so much for the merge Aeternitas, by the way! - Great idea. I hope all the old posts are here as well.

Danke,

S

Guntwachar
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:35 PM
Hmm i do have my pm's from Althing only the rep is away indeed and some comments.

My rep was: 175 on Althing. never been a member at Skadi so:D

Jäger
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:43 PM
My rep is back to 10, although I am pretty sure I had more than this on Skadi :D, I bet it's because of the Umlaut "ä", that never works with English software, so well, I am here for altruistic reasons anyways, and at least I am red :D

Aeternitas
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM
There were some issues with some user accounts. The system deleted some old Skadi accounts so we had to reassign the posts to the new, Althing accounts. You should find all your Madoc posts under Æmeric.

I can't change my avatar. :~(
Usergroup issue. You should be able to now.

I hope all the old posts are here as well.
They should be here, yes.

My rep is back to 10, although I am pretty sure I had more than this on Skadi :D, I bet it's because of the Umlaut "ä", that never works with English software, so well, I am here for altruistic reasons anyways, and st least I am red :D
How much reputation did you have?

Anyone else who has missing reputation points please report.

Jäger
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:52 PM
How much reputation did you have?
Not sure, a little more than my post count, but I can cope well with my now 13 (thanks to SuuT) :D
Only the old messages were sometimes funny to read again.

Edit: Uh, weeee, well, thanks anyways.

CrystalRose
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
All news to me, thanks.
How do I have 10 reps? weird?

Thrymheim
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 09:11 PM
Ah yes my rep I had 259 I think how sad that I can remember that! How often does one need to deposit money and how much to be a funding member? I did once on the Althing though I can't remember exactly when or how much

Renwein
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 09:14 PM
i think my skadi 'points' was 800 ish, althing 250, do I get a combined 1000? :P

although when it comes to online poseurdom, the jan '04 join date is more 'important' to me ;) :P

I can't thank you enough for your work here! (& in the past w/ althing & germania etc)

Maelstrom
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 09:16 PM
All of these people with all of their rep and popularity :~(

I think I'd only just made it past 100 and was so excited when I got the second little green square... I was finally going to become famous! :-O

Very interesting and bold move to change back to Skadi. I'm impressed.

Elgar
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 09:22 PM
I am not sure what my reputation on the althing was exactly, but I had five of those green squares that appear under my username and avatar, etc.

Hanna
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM
I have 600 reps point, this is crazy!:(

Ah yes my rep I had 259 I think how sad that I can remember that! How often does one need to deposit money and how much to be a funding member? I did once on the Althing though I can't remember exactly when or how much

I think its free will Trymheim but of cos if you're sub ended it become inactive.

Ulf
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM
This is weird, but glad to have something back, was worried the Althing would go the way of BuB.

Edit: Am I not allowed a custom avatar?

Cythraul
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 10:29 PM
Hey Aeternitas. I think I had something like 400 rep points on the Althing.

Edit: Wrong, I was thinking about my post count. No idea what my rep was but to be honest, I'm not bothered. Thanks anyway. As always your work is much appreciated.

Crimson Guard
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM
I dont remember the exact amount, but I had two or three pages worth of rep points, but no big deal I guess. I appreciate the people that gave me the points though, thanks.

CrystalRose
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 11:12 PM
How do you cancle your subscription?

Oski
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 11:22 PM
Oski is no longer Von Skadi :D

Hersir
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 11:25 PM
Dont remember how many rep points I had, it dosnt matter anyway:)
I do however miss the fancy valknots under my nick.

CrystalRose
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 11:27 PM
I don't know how many rep points I had :~(:P and do we have to delete subscribed info info from the althing? This is all weird to me so sorry if I seem retarded.

Eccardus Teutonicus
Monday, September 1st, 2008, 11:39 PM
I remember a lot of people mentioning Skadi when I joined up over at the Althing. My issue isn't exactly technical, I was just wondering if someone could give me a little bit of history of why we split and why we've merged; not that I have a problem or am taking issue to the merge I'm just a little confused.

Deary
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM
I don't remember the amount of reputation I had. It might have been in the 700-800 range. I recall there were 10 green squares and I was number 9-10 down from the list of people with most reputation on the Althing, if that helps. I don't quite understand the issue with avatars. It would appear as though one does not have to be a regular in order to have a custom avatar. Could someone explain what are the challenges/arcade games? I also am having trouble viewing profiles as well as with loading the forum.

DreamWalker
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 01:01 AM
Becoming the forum of the month, heeh heeh.

No idea how many points from Skadi, 80-something from the Althing, about 900 from The Nordish Portal, about 300 from Stormfront, public total not important, but my thanks to everyone who gave them:)

BeornWulfWer
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 01:47 AM
How do we change the text under our usernames from 'senior member' (or whatever) to our own liking?

Loyalist
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 01:52 AM
I had five green squares, but don't recall the exact number.

Psychonaut
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 02:43 AM
Hey Aeternitas, I'm not sure exactly how many rep points I had at the Althing, but I'm pretty sure it was in the 200s or so.

Guntwachar
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 03:04 AM
It can be just me but did anyone else notice Skadi had quite alot of non-Germanic members whats the new take on that, is this gonna be a multiethnic forum like skadi or more like Althing?

Just asking as i'm not realy sure what to think about it:|

And may i ask who the new owner is then? someone we know from the althing or...

Papa Koos
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 03:07 AM
What a thoroughly inspired idea!

THANKS to whomever brought about this union!

SlíNanGael
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Well I don't really give a hoot about rep points but is there any way we can get an ETA next time the site goes down? That way I won't end up pouring my frustration into Haiku:

Althing I miss you
Like the heavens miss the rain.
Please come back real soon.

Closed for maintenance?
What the crap is with this crap
Nothing takes this long...

Went to sleep last night
Thought I'd see you in the morn...
Yet still here I wait

Cuchulain
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 03:23 AM
Just got back from a little labor day thingy out in Indiana. I like what you've done with the place. I think I had like 575 rep points. Anyway I 'm gonna go look around.

MockTurtle
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 03:41 AM
I had about 275-280 reputation points from TheAlthing, and approximately 200 from Skadi. This leaves me with roughly 475-480. :)

BTW, is my profile picture okay? I'm trying to be respectful of staff sensitivities regarding 'forum appropriateness'.

ChaosLord
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 05:38 AM
Wow! I wanted to visit TheAlthing forums and was surprised to see Skadi back up.

Soten
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 06:00 AM
Did all my pretty pictures I put into the image gallery disappear?:~(

Makes me feel like not putting anymore up if they can be so easily done away with. :(

Aeternitas
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 06:04 AM
Keep Skadi Alive and Growing: Skadi Funding Membership! (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=28234)

We are currently revamping the page and will have to update the info though.

Everyone who donated for the Althing (at any time) should have a funding member status on Skadi as well.

If there is anyone else who donated and they are not listed as funding members, please send us an email via the contact form (http://forums.skadi.net/sendmessage.php?).

This is weird, but glad to have something back, was worried the Althing would go the way of BuB.

Edit: Am I not allowed a custom avatar?
You will be able to when you become a regular member.

When do I become a Regular? (http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=skadi_faq#faq_new_faq_item_r egular)

I remember a lot of people mentioning Skadi when I joined up over at the Althing. My issue isn't exactly technical, I was just wondering if someone could give me a little bit of history of why we split and why we've merged; not that I have a problem or am taking issue to the merge I'm just a little confused.
Skadi was closed because its owners and admins lacked the time/resources to continue sustaining it. I started the Althing because there was no other Germanic forum around and because as a smaller forum, I could afford sustaining it. Now we found a new owner for Skadi. So, we decided to merge the Althing into Skadi because there is no sense in keeping two Germanic forums with the same orientation online at the same time.

I don't quite understand the issue with avatars. It would appear as though one does not have to be a regular in order to have a custom avatar.
The system has retained some old data, so there are members who have retained their custom avatars from the Althing but are not yet Regulars, is this what you mean?

Could someone explain what are the challenges/arcade games?The arcade is a hall of games which Funding Members can play. I am not sure if challenges still work, but if they do, one can challenge another user to compete against one. One plays the game and one's score is recorded. The user receives an email and if he accepts, he makes his game and the score is recorded Then an email is sent to both, establishing who the winner was.

I also am having trouble viewing profiles as well as with loading the forum.What kind of trouble exactly?

How do we change the text under our usernames from 'senior member' (or whatever) to our own liking?
Can I choose a custom usertitle? (http://forums.skadi.net/faq.php?faq=skadi_faq#faq_new_faq_item_u sertitle)

It can be just me but did anyone else notice Skadi had quite alot of non-Germanic members whats the new take on that, is this gonna be a multiethnic forum like skadi or more like Althing?
No. Skadi used to be an all-European forum in the beginning, but it changed its orientation to Germanic preservation in late 2004. The Althing, as its successor, continued along the same (Germanic) lines. We like the Germanic orientation and we think it fits us best, so we will keep it.

And may i ask who the new owner is then? someone we know from the althing or...Forseti (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=100793).

Well I don't really give a hoot about rep points but is there any way we can get an ETA next time the site goes down?
Not when it's supposed to be a surprise. ;)

Did all my pretty pictures I put into the image gallery disappear?:~(

Makes me feel like not putting anymore up if they can be so easily done away with. :(
Sorry, I tried importing the gallery but it didn't work out. It is a modification, not a standard vbulletin option. I have all the files though, in case anyone is interested in anything in particular. We have a gallery (http://forums.skadi.net/photoplog) here too, but yes, we have to start from scratch.

Dagna
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 07:19 AM
I believe I had about 1,500 reputation points.

aquitanos
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 07:23 AM
I think I had 42 rep points on the althing and not too many from skadi, its been a while to really remember - not much but I was proud of them! :D

Cythraul
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Skadi was closed because its owners and admins lacked the time/resources to continue sustaining it. I started the Althing because there was no other Germanic forum around and because as a smaller forum, I could afford sustaining it. Now we found a new owner for Skadi. So, we decided to merge the Althing into Skadi because there is no sense in keeping two Germanic forums with the same orientation online at the same time.
Great! But just to clarify, Skadi hasn't been existing alongside the Althing has it? I mean, Skadi has only just returned right... and rather than start Skadi up again whilst the Althing is running, you decided to revert the Althing back to Skadi!?

Siebenbürgerin
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hmm, I had 853 reputation points if I can recall. I was wondering what had happened to the Althing.

Gefjon
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
1000 somethin reps here, and needed urgently, ya know. :| ;)

ÆinvargR
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Like most people I believe I had about the same rep points as number of points. I think I had two green squares if that helps. :)

Fortis_in_Arduis
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
I do not know how many reputation points I had. :~(

Galloglaich
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hello again. Interesting return. It feels good, although unexpected. I believe I am missing somewhere around 270 reps from the Althing and I'm not too sure about my old Skadi account. I believe it was around the 270-275 mark as well. I could be wrong. I am certain that I was a regular member with the ability to access certain forums and the ability to create a custom avatar. Thanks.

Soten
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
I think I had around 200 - 250 rep points.

Thusnelda
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
Fantastic to see Skadi reinstalled after the merge! :D Thanks. :)

Siebenbürgerin
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Great! But just to clarify, Skadi hasn't been existing alongside the Althing has it? I mean, Skadi has only just returned right... and rather than start Skadi up again whilst the Althing is running, you decided to revert the Althing back to Skadi!?
Hmm, I think Skadi was offline all this time (that's why the Althing existed according to the threads I read) and now we only have one forum instead of two. Because if Skadi came back and the Althing remained as self-standing there would have been two Germanic forums with same goals and it would have been excessive.

Carl
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Well - it is a new start with a great old name - where many of us "began" . Let us hope that it proves to be stable and thrives; some changes were clearly going to be necessary and the handing on is ultimately a matter decided largely by Raven in discussion with the Thorburn and the new Owner , Forseti.

Perhaps the old name will help to bring back many of the Germans who left when Old Skadi itself divided.... we shall see.

Sigurd
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
Approx. 1920 or so reputation points are missing from The Althing, I'll bring up the other issues in a different fashion. Could be up to 100 less or so, can't remember exactly, was either 1800- or 1900-sth

Also curious as to the 1202 reputation points that are on this forum : This is not what we left off at.

When we were at Skadi, we had approx. 2700 reputation points if I remember correctly. A little hard to remember for I recall it was more than that before we split with Thiazi.

The reason why the other 1450 or so are gone could probably be because they were added manually at the SKadi/TNP merge, and hence wouldn't have been saved with the database.

---
EDT: For the ease of calculation, that makes about 4600 or so.

skyhawk
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
Not that is of any importance to me but I think I am missing some ,10,000 rep points from the merge :D.............thx in advance

hodekin
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Back on Skadi!

That's good, let's hope things turn out well.:thumbup

Hodekin

Nachtengel
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
I can't remember my reputation points, maybe in the 45-50 range. I am glad the Althing is back even under new form, I was missing it tons. :~(

Blood_Axis
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hello, nice to see all you again!

Everything was lost in my profile too....profile information, private messages, rep. points, etc...both from Skadi and theAlthing.

But it's ok, it's a chance for a new start :)

If you can remember your Skadi join date, please let us know and we will modify it for you.

That was, September 2004. :)

Æmeric
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
I joined Skadi no later then November 2005.

Bärin
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
I think I had 300 something rep points. Welcome back. :D

Þórir
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
My join date was March 2007.

Soten
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
I think I joined the Althing in August of 2007.

Psychonaut
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 11:23 PM
My first post to Skadi was made in August of 2006, but my join date reads August 2007.

Brynhild
Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 12:43 AM
i seem to remember having 550 points, 6 green boxes and one light green box, if that's any help.

Oh, one other thing. It says on the bottom that I may not post new threads. Please clarify.

Mrs. Lyfing
Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Oh, one other thing. It says on the bottom that I may not post new threads. Please clarify.

Just noticed mine says the same, so I clicked New Thread and it went to the right thing so ....? Can I or Can't I is the question. ?

Æmeric
Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 02:40 AM
My says the same thing but I just posted a new thread anyway, "Women & Politics" (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=100846), without any problems.

CrystalRose
Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 04:00 AM
I would like some green squares, i'm feeling a bit left out.

:D:P:sofa

SwordOfTheVistula
Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I have no clue exactly how much rep I had. About half of my little buttons were light colored.

Also I can't view threads I subscribed to on the Althing, and my Skadi acct was not merged with my Althing one, though I only became active poster in the last month or 2 of the previous incarnation of Skadi which might explain that.

Much thanks to all involved in ensuring forum continuity!

Blood_Axis
Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Hey, my PMs are back! Thanks :)

Þórir
Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 10:33 AM
What happened to the sub-forums under "Germanics & Indo-Germanics"?

Western Germanics
Northern Germanics
Eastern Germanics
Germanic Settlements

BeornWulfWer
Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Will there ever be an option to use different colours and fonts on our signatures?

Thusnelda
Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I guess I´m missing around 800 rep-points from The Althing? Because as far as I know I had the current rep-points when the old Skadi was shut down.

Freydis
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 05:51 AM
.-. I'm only a little confused.. was my old Skadi account merged with my Althing account? Because I remember I had a few PMs saved on my Skadi account that would be actually rather nice to read because I never had the chance to reply to them. (My acocunt was the same username)

edit: That and I'm missing all of my reputations but that really doesn't matter to me .-.

Æmeric
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Freydis had around 2200 rep points at the Althing. No idea what she had at Skadi.

Aeternitas
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 07:36 AM

Just noticed mine says the same, so I clicked New Thread and it went to the right thing so ....? Can I or Can't I is the question. ?

My says the same thing but I just posted a new thread anyway, "Women & Politics" (http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=100846), without any problems.
The display is correct. Members cannot post new threads in Staff sections like this one (Skadi Staff Announcements) or the Rules & Regulations section. They can in every other section.

Also I can't view threads I subscribed to on the Althing,
The system does not recognize the subscriptions. Althing thread IDs were completely different from Skadi thread IDs. e.g. Althing thread ID 1 is now thread ID 92,xxx. This is also why old links from the Althing from threads, private messages, reputation comments, etc. will not lead to the right threads on Skadi.

and my Skadi acct was not merged with my Althing one, though I only became active poster in the last month or 2 of the previous incarnation of Skadi which might explain that.Unfortunately, the only functioning backup of Skadi we could work with was from April 1st 2007. Skadi closed in July 2007. That means we have about 3 months of activity missing, so if you registered and posted during these months, your account and posts aren't in the system.

What happened to the sub-forums under "Germanics & Indo-Germanics"?

Western Germanics
Northern Germanics
Eastern Germanics
Germanic Settlements
The Western Germanics, Northern Germanics and Germanic Settlements forums were merged into the forum International Germanic Community. The Eastern Germanic forum was renamed to Extinct Germanic Groups.

.-. I'm only a little confused.. was my old Skadi account merged with my Althing account? Because I remember I had a few PMs saved on my Skadi account that would be actually rather nice to read because I never had the chance to reply to them. (My acocunt was the same username)

edit: That and I'm missing all of my reputations but that really doesn't matter to me .-.
No. The import failed at the import users step for some reason. It was supposed to automatically rename double accounts to imported_[username goes here], but it simply deleted some old Skadi accounts, generally those with usernames or email addresses which existed on the Althing too, would be my guess. I tried reimporting, but I received the same failure error. Your account, as well as Madoc's account and some others were lost in this process. Thus, your Skadi PMs, reputation, etc. are no longer accessible, while your posts from both boards are all under the same account. This is because I ran some SQL queries to salvage the situation, which assigned all your Skadi posts to your Althing accounts.

Mjölnir
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Nice to see, that the forum still lives in his own way. Maybe i spend some time here again. Anyway, Interesting Sections, but very small GERMAN section or i am Blind?:D;)

M.

Fortis_in_Arduis
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I had about 407884928102344 reputation points which have now been so cruelly ripped away from me.

Who had the right to take them away?! :~(

Bärin
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Nice to see, that the forum still lives in his own way. Maybe i spend some time here again. Anyway, Interesting Sections, but very small GERMAN section or i am Blind?:D;)

M.
I think your sight is good. :D Yes there's a German section here, and Thiazi has an ENGLISH section. Hmm, interesting indeed. ;) :P

Freydis
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Freydis had around 2200 rep points at the Althing. No idea what she had at Skadi.

Maybe about 90 or so at Skadi. >_>

I remember my joindate was in 2005 but I'm unsure of when it was. I think in the summer.

Jäger
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Hey cool, can I get my join date back to October 2004?

GroeneWolf
Friday, September 5th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I would be hard pressed to remember how many reppoints I had on the Althing.

Drakkar
Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 11:52 PM
My reputation on the Althing was 608 (pretty sure). Thank you for making adjustments.

Leof
Saturday, September 6th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I can't remember exactly but I think it was around 500. Join date was November 2007 I think

Octothorpe
Sunday, September 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Wow! I was busy getting back to work (teaching) and did not do any personal computer work for two weeks. Then I went looking for the Althing (which I had just found this past summer and was thrilled over) and it wasn't there! I nearly went into cardiac arrest. Fortunately, I looked around and saw that many of the posters I had come to like are still here. The lesson being, I suppose, don't stop checking the board for any reason! :)

Aptrgangr
Tuesday, September 9th, 2008, 09:33 PM
An interesting development - no matter what it is named; as long as I am allowed I will continue roaming this forum :D

Missing rep.points: 435 (but never mind if it can't be added)

Angharad
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I can't remember my rep points at all. I don't post much, so there weren't that many anyway, it was more than 10 though. So, do I have to have 250 posts for rep strength to go up, or should it be one since I've been a member for more than a year? I'm a bit confused.

I see however, that my old Skadi account didn't merge. I joined Skadi April 2007 and Althing August 2007, with the same name.

Siebenbürgerin
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Here about reputation power:
http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=100875

Aeternitas said that everyone who registered at Skadi after April 1 2007 hasn't the account saved because the backup was from April 1:
http://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=853850&postcount=70

Soten
Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Sorry, I tried importing the gallery but it didn't work out. It is a modification, not a standard vbulletin option. I have all the files though, in case anyone is interested in anything in particular. We have a gallery (http://forums.skadi.net/photoplog) here too, but yes, we have to start from scratch.

OK, so if I were to ask you to send me all the files I had in the gallery would that be possible? Whenever I am bored or need a break from my work I am willing to start putting them back up...although I would hate to see the gallery get wiped out again and have it all gone. Oh and can we get one of those tallies of how many gallery contributions each person has made again. I don't think it counted for anything but I liked to see how many pictures I had put up.

ChaosLord
Monday, September 15th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I didn't know if my rep points were added from TheAlthing or not, because I remember having about 170 or so, but I do recall having three green dots under my rep at the TheAlthing.

Hrodnand
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
I had exactly 150 rep points before the merge.

Drakkar
Wednesday, October 1st, 2008, 04:39 AM
I want you to also know that I've been a member of Skadi since way back in April of 2004.

Thanks! :thumbup

Soten
Wednesday, October 1st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Maybe someone mentioned this already and maybe I'm being picky but I really enjoyed the various banners that would appear across the top of the forum. I also liked the "Germanic Cultural, Ethnic and Spiritual Preservation" bit too. I'd like to see those come back (with "Skadi" replacing "The Althing" of course).

Edit: I see there are some others...but not all of the ones we did have I think. And the biggest thing is I don't know how to get them to randomize from banner to banner.

I'm a big fan of the banners. :)

Oswiu
Monday, October 6th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I believe everyone who remembers how many rep points they had should have them halved at least!

I wonder, can I ask about the box that we used to have at the bottom of a thread page, that told us who (if anyone) had viewed a thread. I used to pay some attention to that, especially when I hoped a certain particularly knowledgeable person would answer my question on a given topic. Is it gone for good?

Æmeric
Monday, October 6th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I believe everyone who remembers how many rep points they had should have them halved at least!

In that case I think I actually had approximately 20,000.:D

Btw, who is in charge now? That is who is the warden of this asylum since Aeternitas resigned?

Oswiu
Monday, October 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Forseti is where the buck stops, but it's a bit of a collective effort for the moment.

Forseti
Friday, October 10th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Aeternitas was so generous to hear my pleas to help us out whenever she has time, and she has been reinstated in her old position as a Lögsögumaður.

Welcome back, Aeternitas! :)

Aeternitas
Friday, October 10th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Thank you, Forseti. :)

Maybe someone mentioned this already and maybe I'm being picky but I really enjoyed the various banners that would appear across the top of the forum. I also liked the "Germanic Cultural, Ethnic and Spiritual Preservation" bit too. I'd like to see those come back (with "Skadi" replacing "The Althing" of course).

Edit: I see there are some others...but not all of the ones we did have I think. And the biggest thing is I don't know how to get them to randomize from banner to banner.

I'm a big fan of the banners. :)
"Germanic Online Community" was Thorburn's modification of our logo, which we shall keep on Skadi. Unfortunately, I don't have the .psds of most of those old banners anymore, as my PC was severely virused and I had to format and reinstall everything. I think the new ones we have, which were created by a German graphic designer, are much nicer anyway, and they match with our styles. We will probably add a random script sometime in future though.

I wonder, can I ask about the box that we used to have at the bottom of a thread page, that told us who (if anyone) had viewed a thread. I used to pay some attention to that, especially when I hoped a certain particularly knowledgeable person would answer my question on a given topic. Is it gone for good?
I took it down because it was incompatible with PHP 5. i.e. it rendered threads unreadable. I'll try to see if I can find a new version.

I'll have to ask the members to please have some patience and understanding regarding technical development, as both Forseti and myself are busy atm and we only log on a few times/week.

Carl
Friday, October 10th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Welcome back...? I am pleased to see you are still about ;) . Will you be taking on some of your former tasks....or are we still in an interim? Whatever , hello once again.

Aeternitas
Friday, October 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Welcome back...? I am pleased to see you are still about ;) . Will you be taking on some of your former tasks....or are we still in an interim? Whatever , hello once again.
Thank you. I will be mainly taking care of technical matters as well as internal Staff matters.

If members have any general forum complaint or a complaint regarding moderation, etc., it is recommended that they contact the Witenagemot.

Nachtengel
Tuesday, November 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I like Skadi better than the Althing as far as content and discussion is concerned, it's more active and lively, but I preferred the name Althing too. The name "Althing" had a folkish, community sound to it, while the name "Skadi" puts a bias on a single deity from the Germanic pantheon. Just my two cents. :)

Sigurd
Tuesday, November 18th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I like Skadi better than the Althing as far as content and discussion is concerned, it's more active and lively, but I preferred the name Althing too. The name "Althing" had a folkish, community sound to it, while the name "Skadi" puts a bias on a single deity from the Germanic pantheon. Just my two cents. :)

The legend has it that Scandinavia was named after Skadi. As such, I'd say that this giantess, also a goddess of the hunt and winter, is about as Germanic as it gets, IMO ... though I must say that "The Althing" was a name I cherished much too as - in reference to how the Althing first practiced its way in olden days is much indeed in the "folkish community feeling" that I'd say we try to capture, especially in the spirits of the old Germanic values that the ancient Althing (though of course not in its current position as the parliament of Iceland :D) represented. But overall - despite taking your point and wholeheartedly agreeing with it ... I still prefer the name Skadi Forum, and in hindsight, I probably feel more at home now that Skadi Forum has returned than on The Althing - even though I felt very much at home at The Althing --- just because it is the original, upon which I stumbled as a young, uninformed 16-year old more than three years back. :)