PDA

View Full Version : Exit of Whites 'Unfortunate'

Siebenbürgerin
Thursday, August 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM
The departure of whites from the public service had left a skills vacuum in certain areas, ANC treasurer-general Mathews Phosa said on Wednesday.

"As an elected leader of the African National Congress, I want to ensure that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past," he wrote in a column in The Star newspaper.

One mistake was to allow a process that led to too many casualties of well-meaning, skilful and patriotic experts in the public sector.

"In addition, the exit of white persons - who had a contribution to make - from the civil service followed an unfortunate course that resulted in a skills vacuum in some areas of the public service," Phosa said.

More at source:
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2383376,00.html

Stormraaf
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 01:30 AM
One mistake was to allow a process that led to too many casualties of well-meaning, skilful and patriotic experts in the public sector.

It might be noteworthy to mention that, if you were to read this excerpt in a paper here in SA, the words "to allow a process" and "casualties" would appear blatantly euphemistic, because in a lot of cases blacks actively seek to drive whites from the public sector. It's not just because of collateral damage from policies.

As an example: there has been instances where white police officers have been forced to leave the police force, because some "policy" dictated that they were to be transfered to areas where it would be impossible for their families to relocate to and continue a peaceful existence. In these cases there were no logic to such transfers - the black police chiefs only knew that it was one way to get rid of any whites left in the force (after other "policies" already did much to decrease their numbers).

TrueEnglish
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
I think whites should leave South Africa en-masse and return to their european countries of origin as reinforcements. Unlike other Germanic nations, i believe S.A. cannot be sustained whilst western democracy rules.

There shere volume of blacks backed up on their own turf will eventually overwhelm.

Kriegersohn
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
It might be noteworthy to mention that, if you were to read this excerpt in a paper here in SA, the words "to allow a process" and "casualties" would appear blatantly euphemistic, because in a lot of cases blacks actively seek to drive whites from the public sector. It's not just because of collateral damage from policies.

As an example: there has been instances where white police officers have been forced to leave the police force, because some "policy" dictated that they were to be transfered to areas where it would be impossible for their families to relocate to and continue a peaceful existence. In these cases there were no logic to such transfers - the black police chiefs only knew that it was one way to get rid of any whites left in the force (after other "policies" already did much to decrease their numbers).

How have the policies of the current regime affected the SADF (South African Defense Force)? Did they do shuffles in the command infrastructure as they did in other areas? Just curious as I've always held them in high regard.

Stormraaf
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 12:05 AM
So... we're moving away from the topic in the original post here, but the heading is close enough :)

Unlike other Germanic nations, i believe S.A. cannot be sustained whilst western democracy rules. Yup. Not nearly enough sheep amongst wolves when it comes to voting on what's for dinner.

I think whites should leave South Africa en-masse and return to their european countries of origin as reinforcements.
I've heard this notion before from various sources. Once from a group advocating cooperation etc. between SA, Nederland and Vlaandere, once from a black politician saying a lot of problems will be solved if all the whites were put on ships and sent back to Europe, and a few times in discussions amongst friends, often becoming quite emotional. It's obviously not practical, because it would mean the European countries in question would have to change their immigration policies to be biased with regards to ethnicity, which those governments wouldn't do.

Relaxing this idea to saying, "as much whites as possible should return to Europe," it becomes a conflicted issue. In a way, this is really happening by way of a "brain drain", meaning experienced professionals (or those with skarce skills) manage to be accepted into a European country. For me, this is really a moral issue, because leaving would mean that (1) as SA citizens the remaining white South Africans are also deprived of these skills, and (2) it leaves them even more outnumbered by the African "voting fodder". At least for those of us who think this way, we face questions like... do we not have an obligation to stay and protect us and ours? Or shouldn't we rather emigrate so that our family (or potential family) and descendents live in safer countries amongst more people of their own kind? Do the European countries really need us? If they do, do they need us as much as the Germanic people here who have no choice but to stay?

Just for the record, since 1994 a fifth of all white South Africans have emigrated, mostly to the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand. Current number is 4.5 million.

How have the policies of the current regime affected the SADF (South African Defense Force)? Did they do shuffles in the command infrastructure as they did in other areas? Just curious as I've always held them in high regard.

Okay, apparently there was not originally as much reshuffling to make it worth mentioning, or at least to cause loss of competence with regards to the SADF's capability as a whole. Nowadays, however, it is exactly the same as with the police force in the following way: whites stay in the positions they are, while blacks from junior positions get promoted based on them being black, so the command infrastructure is losing competence.

I'm also told that the government is decreasing their military spending, and that there are a few competent black generals in the air force and the navy, but not in the army.

Sigurd
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 09:40 AM
As much as some people won't like to hear it: South Africa was pretty much the only European country that worked in the Post-colonial area - up until 1994. Ever since, I hear it has been going downhill. Part of it is the old thing, I said in relation to Congo, Zimbabwe etc. that if you leave a man with a pond of fish and a fishing rod but fail to teach him efficient fishing, then nothing good can arise: Thus, there were three ways in which the Africa matter could have been deal twith: 1) Never going there, or 2) Pulling out slowly and gradually or 3) Not pulling out at all. Pulling out radically, immediately and being virtually forced out was not the best option at all.

Another interesting matter about White Flight in South Africa is nothing to do with the White population per se: It is instead a trend observed elsewhere, the criticism of which is often dismissed as "racism" or "xenophobia". Nonetheless, I do remember reading several articles that proved that in nowadays South Africa even the old guard of Blacks are now losing their jobs to cheaper labour from elsewhere in Sub-Saharan Africa. Blacks and Coloureds may not have been the best off under Apartheid, but even they were certainly better off than in the quagmire of nowadays.

And Swaziland and Lesotho proved anyway that Black self-sufficience was technically achievable in Apartheid South Africa .... just that chances are that they didn't try hard enough for it. No matter where in the world, "those of African descent" are hardly known for their hard-working character, their attitude has - even if the Black I met was the father of severla children and worked long hours - a certain aftertaste of "laissez-faire".

Trouble-maker Mandela (his original tribal surname means Trouble-maker ;)) is not a man of world peace, human rights and progress, he is instead the most prominent example of ruining a country's efficience in the name of said world peace, human rights and progress.