PDA

View Full Version : Chilled Urine Drinking Hot in India

The Horned God
Friday, August 1st, 2008, 09:53 AM
INDIA: Hindus:-A gift from the gods: bottled cow’s urine:- By Julian West UK Telegraph
Posted on February 16, 2008 by Moin Ansari

It is interesting to see the “finer things” of India. Stuff that you don’t see in Bollywood movies, and India’s Marketing Inc. Apparently cow urine is sold in bottles and in tablet and cream form in India. The internet is full of websites on the so called advantages of drinking cow urine. One website called a cow, “a walking pharmacy”. Some sell it as “sterilized and completely fresh”Fish oil with cow urine.India. Indians drink cow urine which they call gaumutra.

HINDU nationalists in India have launched a marketing exercise to promote cow’s urine as a health cure for ailments ranging from liver disease to obesity and even cancer.

The urine, which is being sold under the label “Gift of the Cow”, is being enthusiastically promoted by the government of Gujarat, one of three states in India dominated by Hindu nationalists.

The urine is collected daily from almost 600 shelters for rescued and wounded cattle set up by the Vishwa Hindu Parisad (VHP), or World Council of Holy men, as part of a government cow-protection programne to save the country’s sacred, but often maltreated, beasts.

Advertised as being “sterilised and completely fresh” it is available for 20 rupees (30p) a bottle at about 50 centers run by the VHP in Gujerat, from 200 of their outlets in neighbouring Madhya Pradesh, and at fairs and religious festivals throughout India.

It also comes in tablets or a cream mixed with other traditional medicinal herbs. Demand is currently outstripping supply.

Dr Jadi Patel at the VHP’s headquarters in Ahmedabad said: “It’s very popular because the results are very good, but we’ve got a shortage.” He explained that the cow protection centres had been formed after the last grand gathering of saddhus, or holy men, to save cows from “unofficial slaughter by Muslims”.

Killing cows is illegal in most Indian states but there are an estimated 32,000 illegal abattoirs and 13.7 million cows are believed to be slaughtered by Muslims for the leather industry.

Animal rights activists in India also claim that the doe-eyed, hump-backed white Brahma cattle that are to be found on almost every Indian street are subjected to various abuses, including forced pregnancies to produce more milk.

The cow protection commission was set up to protect the holy cows, and research conducted by doctors involved in the project revealed that the cows’ urine had medicinal properties.

The idea of using it came from the central Indian headquarters of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), the powerful Hindu nationalist ideologues behind the country’s Bharata Janata Party (BJP), where five scientists are researching its beneficial effects.

Like all devout Hindus, RSS members believe that all cow products are sacred. Ghee, or clarified butter, is used in Indian cooking and to light lamps during temple ceremonies, and milk is commonly poured over sacred idols as an offering.

The healing properties of cow dung and cow’s urine are also mentioned in ancient Hindu texts. The research conducted by doctors at the cow-protection commission indicates that the urine can cure anything from skin diseases, kidney and liver ailments to obesity and heart ailments.

Although most Indian doctors view the medicines as eccentric, several advocates of the treatment have come forward in Gujarat, have come forward to support the doctors’ claims.

They include Vidhyaben Mehta, a 65-year-old woman with a cancerous tumour on her chest who has been taking cow’s urine for the past three years. She says she is no longer in pain and has survived in spite of medical predictions that she would die two years ago.

So enthusiastic is the Gujarat government about its cows’ urine medicines that it has asked the Indian Institute of Management to compile a database of traditional cures and verify the Hindu nationalists’ findings.

The academics have also discovered that cow’s urine is an extremely effective pesticide and plant fertiliser and are now developing for human consumption new drugs that contain the “gift of the cow”.

Prof Anil Gupta at the institute said: “This isn’t just a religious thing. If it’s useful we shouldn’t stop it simply because we think it has religious connections.”

Source. (http://rupeenews.com/2008/02/16/a-gift-from-the-gods-bottled-cows-urine-by-julian-west-uk-telegraph-in-new-delhi/)

Mrs. Lyfing
Friday, August 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM
I don't care what cow piss is going to do for me, I ain't drinking it! :033102st:

Oswiu
Friday, August 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
This is great! :p

Demand is currently outstripping supply.

Hmm! Business opportunities! Anyone have a spare oil tanker not in use?!? :D And can they honestly tell the difference between cow piss and the piss of humans or other animals?

Imagine how tragicomic it would be if the environmentally destructive Brazilian beef industry were suddenly to be outstripped by the Cow Piss Industry of some other enterprising country? :p

Fortis_in_Arduis
Friday, August 1st, 2008, 02:45 PM
Erm... I once stayed on a health farm near Bangalore where I had dried cow dung powder rubbed onto my crown after every treatment. Although initially shy about what it was, the boys and girls did it as though they believed that it would do me a lot of good. I have no idea what herbs I was being treated with.

The proof was not so much in how much better I felt after two weeks 'panchakarma', but in how unpleasant and brutal the rest of India seemed after I left the compound and when back to Bangalore.

One patient was an obese Indian woman called 'Mohini', another obese patient was an Indian boy from Australia called 'Naren'. They did lose a lot of weight, along with a German woman whose name I do not recall, but remember for her inability to pronounce 'OM' properly. She croaked it: "ooo-aaaaa-rrrr-mmn". I can scarcely believe it possible that these phonemes are missing in German speakers; a fundamental impediment.

I almost forgot where I was and what I was doing for those two weeks.

I live by ayurveda, so cow urine is not really so far away for me, but I think that I would be quite choosy about where the urine is sourced from. I would certainly use it on my skin though. I would imagine it to have very beneficial effects for sluggish complexions and dry skin.

I think that we consume a lot of products from animals, and I am sure that we in the 'West' do make some medicines from cows' urine already.

As they say: Nothing new.

The Horned God
Friday, August 1st, 2008, 03:21 PM
I would be quite choosy about where the urine is sourced from. I would certainly use it on my skin though. I would imagine it to have very beneficial effects for sluggish complexions and dry skin.

Tell you what, you try it first, then I will. :p

I think that we consume a lot of products from animals, and I am sure that we in the 'West' do make some medicines from cows' urine already.

"Urea" is indeed used as a skin softener in creams for disorders involving flaky skin, however it is the synthetic kind (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urea) derived from ammonia and carbon dioxide that we use in the West.

Cuchulain
Friday, August 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
A lot of what goes into women's cosmetics in our countries is as bad or worse.

Lyfing
Friday, August 1st, 2008, 05:26 PM
I"ve always gotten a kick out of the story of Arminass..that is what this thread reminds me of..

Arminass (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/) stepped out of his ship. Unfortunately it was ruined. He set the self-destruct mechanism and walked toward the break in the trees.

The people of the village found him very strange, but eventually came to accept him. In his third week there, the entire village went into an uproar. A girl was pregnant with a young child that had no father.

"Kill it," said Arminass. "Don't make the mother a slave to it, or it a slave to life."

"You're insane!" said the Priest. "Its life is precious too."

Arminass pulled back his sleeve and sliced open his arm. Blood flowed freely. "Material is the means, not the end," he said. Then he asked for a glass, and holding it with his bleeding arm, urinated in it.

Then he drank the urine.

"The world is one continuous thing," he said. "My urine is not poison, nor is my life the only one. Truth is a way we describe accurate predictions or observations of this world. An unwanted baby is extra flesh. I am not concerned with the individuals, or the whole."

http://www.anus.com/zine/philosophy/index_society.html

I really don't see how drinking piss could be at all good for anything. It's waste. Come on now, it has been gotten rid of because it's toxic. I bet kidney failure comes before the cancer is cured. Is this just because the cows are sacred and likely to be one's grandpa ? T-bones, Rib eyes, Fillet Mignon, and Rump roast are walking around everywhere and they won't eat them..:confused: they'd rather drink their piss...:confused: Maybe that is why they smell funny..:shrug

Later,
-Lyfing

Crimson Guard
Friday, August 1st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Beveraged Urine? What will these Indians dream up next, dehydrated Feces chips of their holy animals?!

Fortis_in_Arduis
Friday, August 1st, 2008, 06:09 PM
The science behind amaroli is that when you drink your morning urine, the midflow, you give your liver an indication of what it needs to work on during the day. So, you do this for skin disorders which involve toxic build up, or just for detoxification and you rest up.

Yes, I have done this, but no, I have not drunk cow urine.

I would like to see the scientific proof that cow urine works though.

There are yoga schools which have steadily been doing research into asanas and ayurveda and have been cross-referencing with allopathic medicine and most of the old methods seem to work, even if there is no scientific explanation. Some of the old methods are antiquated, such as using heavy metal mixtures to treat syphillis but that is not to say that they do not work. Once upon a time, that was the only remedy.

Ayurveda includes surgery, and it has a long and respected lineage, and we must remember that our modern science is not truth and it cannot explain everything.

SwordOfTheVistula
Saturday, August 2nd, 2008, 05:46 AM
Chilled cow piss is also marketed in the US under this label:

http://www.vendinglabels.com/sitebuilder/images/dcf_sams_cola-175x105.png

Mazorquero
Sunday, August 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
This is great! :p

Hmm! Business opportunities! Anyone have a spare oil tanker not in use?!? :D And can they honestly tell the difference between cow piss and the piss of humans or other animals?

Imagine how tragicomic it would be if the environmentally destructive Brazilian beef industry were suddenly to be outstripped by the Cow Piss Industry of some other enterprising country? :p

I have a chronical disease due to which I pee up to 9.5 liters per day if I don't take a pill every night... so I say 50%-50%, deal?:D