PDA

View Full Version : Girls Have You Changed Your Opinon on Children?

Thrymheim
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I was just wondering if any of you have changed your opinion on having children for a political or religious reasons.

I make no secret of the fact that I don't want children, I absolutely abhor them, just the sight of one sends me running the other way, during school holidays I rarely go anywhere where they may be lurking.

But I also realise now that I have to, it was during a conversation with a friend that I realised that not only do I have to breed but that it must be three or more. Now this change of opinion has come about because of slowly solidifying political views, from one of environmental concern, where who the humans are doesn't matter but the total numbers do, to a more racially aware stance. However I still don't wish to be stuck at home looking after the brats!

CrystalRose
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Not so much change for me, i've always pictured having a larger family. I was a single child until I was 11, and up until that point was super jealous of cousins and friends who had brothers and/or sisters. I took my cousins under my wing though as if they were my own. Lol:p

mischak
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Yes. I was always sure I wanted children before, there was no doubt in my mind, but as I get older the thought becomes less and less appealing and I have no idea why.

Siebenbürgerin
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Political, not sure, but for ethno-cultural preservationist reasons. I like children but I view the motherhood as a duty too. So it's somewhat twofold. :)

Thusnelda
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 05:36 PM
No, my opinion on own children hasn´t changed with time. My wish for own children started when I was a little girl myself and played with my puppets while I was their "mother"! :D *g*

So my wish for children has nothing to do with my spiritual or political views. My spiritual and political views only support my general view on having own children, of course. :)

Deary
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I did not always want children. I fell in love once and it hit me like a brick wall. After that, most every idea I think and plan I make revolves around my desire for children in some way. I look forward to being at the home all day, where a mother is needed most, providing my children with everything they need to grow. I imagine often what will I teach them, what books will I read them, what games will I play with them, what songs will I sing to them, where and how will I raise them. I work to represent myself in a manner that I would want my children to revere and I think of the time I am able to spend with other's children as learning experiences. I enjoy the thought of being one who will shape their being and I enjoy the thought of making all of those little details of life into cherished memories for them. I can't wait for the day to come. It means the most to me now.

andrea
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I wish to have one day children, and I think its something wonderful to give birth to a child, its a duty, but it brings happiness. I don`t think political or religious reasons should influence people in haveing or not childern. Its a personal adjudication.