PDA

View Full Version : NASA Astronaut Edgar Mitchell Claims Alien Contact Cover-Up

The Horned God
Monday, July 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Link: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

July 24, 2008 12:01am

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

ĈinvargR
Monday, July 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I wonder why he'd say something like this if it wasn't true, unless he's gotten dementia or something. Or is gullible and fooled by his 'sources.'

Thrymheim
Monday, July 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I suppose the question wold be, what do the governments gain by hiding the knowledge? If they feel that they have anything to lose by letting it out then they won't. I suspect that they would hide it if we were visited, but I have no idea as to weather we have been or not.

Oswiu
Monday, July 28th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I wonder why he'd say something like this if it wasn't true, unless he's gotten dementia or something. Or is gullible and fooled by his 'sources.'
I don't know. How much of a Pension do these old astronauts get? ;)

OneEnglishNorman
Monday, July 28th, 2008, 07:03 PM
A former NASA astronaut could make a useful amount of money by peddling conspiracy talk in books and radio shows.

The Horned God
Monday, July 28th, 2008, 08:03 PM
On the video, (which is one the page I linked to, Mitchell talks lucidly and doesn't appear to be suffering from any degree of dementia) however that does nothing to make up for the face that in all the supposed alien encounters and abductions that have occurred over the decades no one has ever managed to take a single close up photo of an alien or provide a single piece of hard evidence supporting the existence of extra-terrestrials.

Crimson Guard
Monday, July 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM
This sorta thing isnt that unique as one would think. After the Apollo 11 mission, astronauts like Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins all claimed to have an encounter with a UFO.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=105386

ChaosLord
Monday, July 28th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Interesting! Though would aliens really try contacting a species like us humans. I'd think they'd try to contact a more ancient and "alien" organism, like insects, since they are the true rulers of this planet.

Crimson Guard
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 06:02 AM
For what its worth, theres a few videos on youtube like this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cz4cUSn2bNE

You might be able to find the complete History Channel programs there too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OgF1ZPR6Zrs

Cythraul
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Dr Edgar Mitchell spoke up about this a few years ago too and I doubt he's since moved into a shuttle-shaped mansion. Believe it or not, there are some people out there who want to spread the truth, for truth's sake. There are many, many reasons why the powers-that-be would wish to cover-up the existence of extra-terrestrials.