PDA

View Full Version : Currently Drinking

Pages : [1] 2 3

Constantinus
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 03:32 PM
We already have a 'what are you listening to?' thread, so here's a drinking thread. I'm drinking a stella artois beer as we speak (post actually, but nevermind that detail).

Zyklop
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Coffee

Náttfari
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Malt og appelsín. :D

newenstad
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 03:49 PM
I just opened a bottle "Zwettler Bier". (@Horned God: the brewery isn´t far away from Heidenreichstein) :)

Nordgau
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 03:51 PM
In the moment I'm drinking nothing. But if I drank something it would be ...

Coffee

:icon_ques

Blutwölfin
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 04:05 PM
This is a really stupid thread. But I like it. :D

Coffee. A lot. ;)

Loki
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I'm addicted to double espresso. :coffee: It has to come with cold water, though. There is nothing more refreshing. :)

Arcturus
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Sprite with LOTS OF ICE!!!!!!!!

(damn its stifling today..)

Stig NHF
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Water.

NSFreja
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Coffee of course...but i will return to this thread in a week or soo...when it's party time *s*

RoyBatty
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Peroni :beer1:

Death and the Sun
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Peroni :beer1:

Is that beer?

Xanthochroid
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Water.

Thats the way to live! :viking1:
Good old traditional water, as long as its clean.

RoyBatty
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Is that beer?

Indeed. Good Italian stuff. One of the few reasonably obtainable drinkable brands in London. ;)

HIM
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 06:14 PM
I will be heading to my friend's pool shortly and will soon be drinking some ice cold Löwenbräu. :)

Nightmare_Gbg
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Water

NSFreja
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 06:26 PM
WaterOh yeah!!??...it's sunday, i forgot that ;)

fenriSS_
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Milk:)

svenskfinsk
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Milk:)

Milk is good. I drink 3 liters per day :)

newenstad
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I drink 3 liters of milk in half a year (in my coffee) ;)

Fox
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 07:31 PM
iced green tea - unsweetened

Lissu
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Olvi I :cool:

Loki
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 07:46 PM
At the moment, drinking a Grolsch. :beer-smil

NSFreja
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 07:58 PM
At the moment, drinking a Grolsch. :beer-smilYoou really need to taste swedish mmonshine :icon_bigg

Lissu
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Yoou really need to taste swedish mmonshine :icon_biggOh, is that the famous Swedish home-made booze? :D

NSFreja
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Oh, is that the famous Swedish home-made booze? :D
Sure is, spelled it wrong though......moonshine ;)

DreamWalker
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Water, but often a cup of "Good Earth" brand decaffeinated green tea in the evening:coffee:

RedJack
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Indeed. Good Italian stuff. One of the few reasonably obtainable drinkable brands in London. ;)

You drink imported beer in London?!:O

fog
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I drink RO/DI water and a lot of milk.

Rehnskiöld
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 09:32 PM
You drink imported beer in London?!

yeah, what's the matter with you? :bier:

I presently drink water from my own well,ice tea....a month ago I drank smirnoff,jägermeister and some beer with a label I didn't notice, also a bottle of hideously expensive french champagne,wich you might have seen around here.

The Horned God
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I drink RO/DI water and a lot of milk.

Something/Distilled water?

Lissu
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Tapwater.... yummy :bier:

fog
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Something/Distilled water? It is water filtered first by reverse osmosis and then by deionization. Distilled water is often less pure, and I do not have a soure of distilled water anyway.

I own an RO/DI filter because I need pure water for other purposes.

TisaAnne
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I presently drink water from my own well...
Is there any other way? ;) Nothing beats fresh well water, IMO... except maybe pure mountain spring water, directly from the source (not from a bottle).

At the moment I'm drinking a large mug of warm chammomile tea, with lot's of cream and a kiss of honey... It's really cold today, and on a day like this there's nothing like a warm cup of tea to soothe your spirits, and a fire in the hearth to warm you toes. :)

infoterror
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Filtered water here, too.

Sometimes, when I'm feeling wild, I dilute a bit of this with soda water:

http://www.dpsu.com/images/brands_right_hires.gif

The Horned God
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I just opened a bottle "Zwettler Bier". (@Horned God: the brewery isn´t far away from Heidenreichstein) :)

You peeked my interest with that, so I went down to the offie, which is only 5 doors away, specially to see if I could pick some up, but unfortunately they didn't have it.
I presume Zwettler is one of the many micro-brews which have a long and noble tradition among the Austrians and for which they are justly famous.
Breweries in Britain and Ireland have, in recent years been trying (cynically in my view) to emulate the continentals. Some of these new British and Irish brands may taste alright but I'm usually left thinking; "there is no tradition behind this so whats the point?". Better leave it to those who know how to do it right.

Anyway, right now I am drinking this:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5303&stc=1&d=1121033029
Foreign export Guinness, and very good it is to, I recomend it highly. :D
Seriously, this is probably the best Guinness you can get outside of a pub.
At 7.5% Vol it is also stronger than normal Guinness, so it might be as well to line your stomach beforehand. With regular Guinness you don't really have to do that imo, owing to the fact that the black stuff is so heavy that it is scarcely possible to consume enough of it in one sitting to do yourself any real damage, what a different story with lager, or, heaven preserve us, cider! :D

infoterror
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Is there any other way?

Around here, if you drink the well water, start saving up to pay your oncologist.

TisaAnne
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Around here, if you drink the well water, start saving up to pay your oncologist.
Is your water that bad? :O Eeeek! What's floating around in there that's causing tumors and cancer? Do you know?

Fortunately, I live in an area that's still relatively rural, pure and unspoiled... our water is very safe. Who knows for how long though...

infoterror
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Is your water that bad? :O Eeeek! What's floating around in there that's causing tumors and cancer? Do you know?

Fortunately, I live in an area that's still relatively rural, pure and unspoiled... our water is very safe. Who knows for how long though...

Well - near the city, apparently, there's a lot of random industrial waste. In the countryside, the opinions differ on how much the aquifiers have been permeated by various toxic chemicals, but in a state full of oil refineries and technology companies, hell, almost anything is possible.

And if you think that's bad... there's always the Gulf of Mexico. A constant stream of medical waste from the US side, and a constant stream of sewage from the Mexican side. Yeccch.

Náttfari
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 11:54 PM
I drink this:

http://www.djupivogur.is/myndir/2003/hamarsfjordur03/foss.jpg

Arcturus
Sunday, July 10th, 2005, 11:57 PM
I don't drink water... fish urinate, defecate and ejaculate in in. :bier:

:D

The Horned God
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:10 AM

:D

Fish spawn=caviar ,mmm, yum yum. :icon_mrgr :D

Lissu
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:13 AM

:DI suppose tap water is pretty well purified :annoysigr ;)

Arcturus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:15 AM
I suppose tap water is pretty well purified :annoysigr ;)

Hey, if them sperm can find their way past condoms, killer gels and diaphragms, I'd put nothing past them... sneaky li'l bugger, they are..:sperm

Lissu
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Hey, if them sperm can find their way past condoms, killer gels and diaphragms, I'd put nothing past them... sneaky li'l bugger, they are..:sperm...And what has this to do with the subject?

:confused:

Arcturus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:31 AM
True. Pouring down a liter of water at the moment, to make tomorrow easier.;)

RoyBatty
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:47 AM
You drink imported beer in London?!:O

Sure, I like lagers and in the pub it's :guinness:

The Horned God
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:53 AM

I've only drunk in London once,and quite a while ago now, but you don't mean to tell us that London pubs only stock Guinness do you? Surely it can't be true.

anonymaus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:54 AM
I've only drunk in London once,and quite a while ago now, but you don't mean to tell us that London pubs only stock Guinness do you? Surely it can't be true.

Boddington's too, surely ;)

newenstad
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 02:11 AM
The blood of Manchester...:beer1:

The Horned God
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 02:17 AM
The blood of Manchester...:beer1:

I think I might rather drink the cream of Manchester than the blood of it! :beer1: ;)

RoyBatty
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 03:35 AM

:confused:

It isn't true. London pubs stock all kinds of stuff.

My posts refer to personal preference which happens to be for lager and Guinness. Mileage will vary for others.

ChrisDownUnder
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I'm drinking a stella artois beer as we speak (post actually, but nevermind that detail).Indeed one of many great beers to come from Belgium.

Usually I drink locally brewed Victoria Bitter.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Christopher1488/Web%20Photos/beer1.jpg

Right now I am just drinking water (I do not think it is wise to drink alcohol and post - this can lead to posting content you may regret later ;)). I have stopped drinking coffee and soft drinks for health reasons, so now I only consume water and fruit juices.

DreamWalker
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Right now I am just drinking water (I do not think it is wise to drink alcohol and post - this can lead to posting content you may regret later ;)).
I wish the inhabitants of the pan-Aryan forum would adopt that habit, perhaps they would not look so foolish:rotfl:

HIM
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 06:04 AM
(I do not think it is wise to drink alcohol and post - this can lead to posting content you may regret later ;)).

You are correct. I can atest to this. :D

ChrisDownUnder
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 07:13 AM
You are correct. I can atest to this. :DYes I was thinking of your post (29th May), regarding Miss Universe contestants from Norway and Germany:

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=103166#post103166

Making incorrect racial classifications on this board when you are drunk is one thing - errors can be corrected when you are more sober. Incorrect racial classifications made due to the effects of alcohol in real-life situations could be much more detrimental - you don't know what you could wake up next to the following morning. :O

HIM
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Yes I was thinking of your post (29th May), regarding Miss Universe contestants from Norway and Germany:

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=103166#post103166

Making incorrect racial classifications on this board when you are drunk is one thing - errors can be corrected when you are more sober. Incorrect racial classifications made due to the effects of alcohol in real-life situations could be much more detrimental - you don't know what you could wake up next to the following morning. :O

HAHA! Yes, that would be the one. Usually I don't act so foolish when drunk, but I suppose everyone has their days.

As far as real life goes, I don't believe that I could ever get that drunk. I'd surely pass out from alcohol poisoning before allowing myself to get into such a situation. However if I did I would most certainly obstain from alcohol for the rest of my life!

xidaux
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 10:25 AM
I usually only drink filtered water and black tea. I rarely ever drink alchohol but I did just drink several Heinekens and some Australian red wine over the weekend. So some of my first posts might have grammar/syntax errors and things of that nature. Which would otherwise ruin my first impression; except of course for the almighty edit button. Which will give me time to clean them up if they go through. I noticed on on my first post and several on my last post in the computer/technology section.

:guinness:

:laugh:

Lundi
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Malt og appelsín. :D

Af hverju gerir þú mér þetta :frown: Helvíti langar mig í Egils appelsín núna :P

I'm just drinking a Carlsberg at the moment :beer1:

Death and the Sun
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:16 PM
I wish the inhabitants of the pan-Aryan forum would adopt that habit, perhaps they would not look so foolish:rotfl:

There is a certain ex-tNP member there who apparently often posts while s**tfaced.

Lissu
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:26 PM
I usually only drink filtered water and black tea. I rarely ever drink alchohol but I did just drink several Heinekens and some Australian red wine over the weekend. So some of my first posts might have grammar/syntax errors and things of that nature. Which would otherwise ruin my first impression; except of course for the almighty edit button. Which will give me time to clean them up if they go through. I noticed on on my first post and several on my last post in the computer/technology section.

:guinness:

:laugh:Never drink and drive - and the same could be applied here - never drink and post :annoysigr

There has been more than just one member who have been banned permanently because of posting under influence of alcohol or other poisons I do not care to know about. You are a new member, so you must be even more careful, if you ever wish to become unmoderated.

Lissu
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 12:32 PM
There is a certain ex-tNP member there who apparently often posts while s**tfaced.Yea, and when Diablonegro bans him for a week because of bashing the Russians, he changes his mind after an hour and unbans this "wormtongue" so he can continue his Russo-bashing :laugh: Well, low-quality members belong to low-quality forum :lol00001:

Yesterday I visited PANF. Funnily there were only 3 members online, and all of them seemed to be PANF antis from here :icon_lol:

Oh well, I'm seriously off-topic now. I blame the heat for that of course :redface:

Back to topic: I'm drinking water. From a tap of course ;)

Arcturus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Just back from shopping... water, more water and frozen water...

svenskfinsk
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Just back from shopping... water, more water and frozen water...

You live in the country of 1000 lakes (hmm more like 187 888) and perhaps the best tapwater in the world and yet you go buy water from the shop? :confused:

Constantinus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 01:47 PM
You live in the country of 1000 lakes (hmm more like 187 888) and perhaps the best tapwater in the world and yet you go buy water from the shop? :confused:

He does that to make us jealous of his immeasurable wealth. :D

Death and the Sun
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Yea, and when Diablonegro bans him for a week because of bashing the Russians, he changes his mind after an hour and unbans this "wormtongue" so he can continue his Russo-bashing :laugh: Well, low-quality members belong to low-quality forum :lol00001:

Yesterday I visited PANF. Funnily there were only 3 members online, and all of them seemed to be PANF antis from here :icon_lol:

To stay off-topic just a little longer:

Looks like our friend Nemo has finally found his "peer group":

http://www.panf.info/upload/showthread.php?t=1989

:laugh:

svenskfinsk
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 02:03 PM
He does that to make us jealous of his immeasurable wealth. :D

The water better be carbonated or it's immeasurable stupidity rather than wealth ;)

Death and the Sun
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I doubt that Arcturus would buy bottled water. I think his train of thought went more or less like this: got back from shopping, it's very hot outside, therefore I'm sweaty and thisrty from lugging these bags, and I need to drink a lot of water.

Arcturus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I doubt that Arcturus would buy bottled water. I think his train of thought went more or less like this: got back from shopping, it's very hot outside, therefore I'm sweaty and thisrty from lugging these bags, and I need to drink a lot of water.
Indeed, as you may have noticed, the heat has caused my train of thought to lose a few cars and miss a few stations. A mind-reader, this Eldritch is..

newenstad
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Grape juice with water.

@don´t drink and post: if you drink one or two beers in the evening it´s still ok to post IMO.

Death and the Sun
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 03:09 PM
@don´t drink and post: if you drink one or two beers in the evening it´s still ok to post IMO.

Well, unlike drinking and driving, the only person you can hurt while posting on internet forum while drunk is yourself, and even then the damage is only to your self-esteem. :D

Therefore I think everyone should decide for him/herself where to draw the line. Our friend Hengist Duval once drank an entire bottle of vodka while posting on forums, and there was no perceptible drop in the quality of his posts. :D

Arcturus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Our friend Hengist Duval once drank an entire bottle of vodka while posting on forums, and there was no perceptible drop in the quality of his posts. :D

Of course not, all the drops were in him..:cool:

Blutwölfin
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Well, I think there is a difference between drink and drunk. After two beers you're normally still the master of your thoughts. Well, I am and I think some others, too. :beer-smil

svenskfinsk
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 03:55 PM

Oh :redface:

Constantinus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Oxfam orange juice

It is from that organization of lefties who drool over 'fair trade' with third world sh*tholes. Be that as it may, those communists sell the best fruitjuice you'll buy in a store.

Winsome
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Oxfam orange juice

It is from that organization of lefties who drool over 'fair trade' with third world sh*tholes. Be that as it may, those communists sell the best fruitjuice you'll buy in a store.
Commie Coca Cola

RedJack
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 08:41 PM

It's enough to make one weep. The huge variety of good ale available in London, so rare in the rest of the world and Roy Batty is content with lager and Guinness. :doh00000:

The Horned God
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:01 PM
It's enough to make one weep. The huge variety of good ale available in London, so rare in the rest of the world and Roy Batty is content with lager and Guinness. :doh00000:

If you get a good pint of Guinness there is nothing better imho, but variety is the spice of life and should be taken advantage of.
Right now I'm drinking:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5314&stc=1&d=1121111916

A dry Macardles from a bottle not from a can, 007. :D

Death and the Sun
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:06 PM

I actually agree with you 007 but like they say it's useless to argue over matters of taste. Thankfully, many of the beers produced by the Fuller's brewery are pretty widely available here. :bier:

At the moment I'm drinking Johnnie Walker's Red Label. Not my idea of great whisky, but you do not look a gift horse in the mouth. :)

newenstad
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:26 PM
To hail the anniversary of tNP another cold "Wieselburger Stammbräu" ;)

Blutwölfin
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I hail with a "16er Blech" *lol*
I think just newenstad and Agrippa will understand... :beer-smil

Zyklop
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I hail with a "16er Blech" *lol*
I think just newenstad and Agrippa will understand... :beer-smil

Naja, solange es kein Almdudler ist... :beer1:

Blutwölfin
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Ha? Was gegen Almdudler einzuwenden? :boxing00:
Wuist an Wickl oda wos? Heast, Oida, gehn ma aussi auf'da Bluatwiesn! :rofl:
No, not really. Just kidding. I like you, even when you don't like Almdudler. :peck: And of course it's not. It's a beer.:beer1:

newenstad
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:33 PM
16er Blech? :rotfl:

I don´t drinke Ottawasser!

Náttfari
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Meira rammíslenzkt Maltextrakt! (Ég fékk að eiga kassa sem brotnaði í vinnunni :D)

Blutwölfin
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Heast, wos is, Oida? Wirst deppat? Hast an Klescher? Bei mir reißt ka Leiberl mit so einer Goschn! :rofl:

SouthernBoy
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Bim Jean, :D.

Blood_Axis
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I am about to drink some white wine to celebrate TNP's birthday.

Cheers!! :)

Constantinus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I'm drinking beer, errmmm... For tNP's anniversary yes, that's it. That's why I'm drinking lovely tasty delicious divine beer. *drools*

newenstad
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I think nobody would drink on a monday evening except on such a special day! ;)

Blutwölfin
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 09:57 PM

Noone. Of course, not. :laugh:

HIM
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 11:06 PM

Mondays are always special as they are $1 you-call-it at one of the local pubs. :D

However I generally work on Monday. :frown:

Arcturus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 11:07 PM
I'm contemplating going to the fridge and getting my half-liter Karhu... hmmm... tempting....

RedJack
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 11:09 PM
If you get a good pint of Guinness there is nothing better imho, but variety is the spice of life and should be taken advantage of.
Right now I'm drinking:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5314&stc=1&d=1121111916

A dry Macardles from a bottle not from a can, 007. :D

Nothing wrong with Guinness esp. on tap, but it's widely available whereas ale isn't. It's a shame that Roy doesn't avail himself of his golden opportunity. I'm in Canada so I miss the real ale on tap although the selection is improving around here.
That MacArdles looks interesting and I'm glad to see you have it from the bottle!!

Eldritch, Fullers is excellent. I've been trying to get the local to get some "Golden Pride" I'm a big fan of their "London Porter", too. My all time favourite is still Young's "Old Nick"! :guinness:

Lissu
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 11:13 PM
I am finishing my

http://www.olvi.fi/client-data/img/olut_ykkonen.jpg

:cool:

svenskfinsk
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Was drinking pripps blå (beer) a while a go. Now I'm drinking Filmjölk.

Arcturus
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 11:20 PM
http://www.smilersbar.net/Karhu3-pullo05.jpg
I'm so weak... :D

newenstad
Monday, July 11th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Mondays are always special as they are $1 you-call-it at one of the local pubs. :D

Well, let´s have a look in my organizer...:D

HIM
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Just drank a good old Milwaukee's Best Light. $4.99 for a 12-pack of bottles at the liquor store. :D American beer all tastes the same to me so unless I'm buying import beer, I just buy whatever is cheapest. Except I won't drink Corona, that stuff is gross.

newenstad
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Light beer - that´s nothing for me! I rather drink no beer before drinking a light beer. IMO the best beers are the Austrian and Bavarian beers. I also drink beer from Belgium, Irland, Czech Rep. and Denmark. The only thing I liked from Milwaukee was Bernie the Brewer! :beer1:

xidaux
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Nothing wrong with Guinness esp. on tap, but it's widely available whereas ale isn't. It's a shame that Roy doesn't avail himself of his golden opportunity. I'm in Canada so I miss the real ale on tap although the selection is improving around here.
That MacArdles looks interesting and I'm glad to see you have it from the bottle!!

Eldritch, Fullers is excellent. I've been trying to get the local to get some "Golden Pride" I'm a big fan of their "London Porter", too. My all time favourite is still Young's "Old Nick"! :guinness:

I hate Canadian beer. However, I've never tried them all. All in all I think Guinness stout and Heineken (even with that skunk smell) are my favorite beers. I don't particulary care for American beers like Sam Adams and Bush. Some Australian wine seems decent but I never got ino the Fosters taste.

SouthernBoy
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Tea :coffee:
Sweet iced tea, I hope. ;)

SouthernBoy
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005, 04:37 AM
There's another alternative? :suomut: ;)
SouthernGirl? :D

svenskfinsk
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005, 07:11 AM
God damn I made the mistake of drinking a Redbull. Laid awake in bed for 3 hours until I finally gave up :coffee:

I'll watch another horror movie and hope it's boring enough so I can atleast get a few hours of sleep toni... today.

HIM
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Sweet iced tea, I hope. ;)

Unsweetened for me. :D

One of my best friends is from Alabama and he drinks sweet tea constantly. I don't know how you Southern guys can stand it. :P

Fox
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Really, unsweetened is the way to go, I can't think of a single health benefit of white cane sugar. I stopped drinking sodas, and sugary drinks altogether in favor of water, unsweetened teas, and orange juice and I've really noticed a difference in the way I feel

HIM
Tuesday, July 12th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Really, unsweetened is the way to go, I can't think of a single health benefit of white cane sugar. I stopped drinking sodas, and sugary drinks altogether in favor of water, unsweetened teas, and orange juice and I've really noticed a difference in the way I feel

I may have to try that. I drink way too much sodas and other sugary beverages. But I am quite addicted to Kool-Aid. Green and Orange are my favorites! :P

newenstad
Thursday, July 14th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Kapsreiter Bier.

fenriSS_
Friday, July 15th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Milk is good. I drink 3 liters per day :)

Milk, viking metal and snus:viking1:

SouthernBoy
Friday, July 15th, 2005, 05:25 PM
I'd have to agree with the Southern guys y'all :P It's only sweetened tea for me. I can't even drink my coffee without sugar in it :speechles
I don't drink sodas unless I am at a party or at a friend's and there's nothing else around :rolleyes:
We Southies know how to party, right hun? :P :D

Lundi
Friday, July 15th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Cranberry juice :P

Náttfari
Friday, July 15th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Fuss... enn nokkrar maltflöskur eftir! :D

newenstad
Saturday, July 16th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Water, for some reasons....:speechles

Death and the Sun
Saturday, July 16th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Cranberry juice :P

I'm drinking some cranberry juice also ...

But there's some of this in the glass too:

http://www.aktivist.fi/inenglish/j_k_tiedostot/image008.jpg

The Horned God
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Newenstad: Can you recomend to us any Austrian beers, which should be available Europe-wide from most or some off-licensed premises?

Blood_Axis
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Ice coffee. Nothing else could wake me up now after last night's hangover :D

Constantinus
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Ice coffee. Nothing else could wake me up now after last night's hangover :D

Hehe, been partying?

Blood_Axis
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Hehe, been partying?
Oh yes. A bit too much perhaps.. :beer1:

Arcturus
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Pommac - Get it while you can! :D
http://www.carlsberg.se/archive/attachments/01/12/POMMA064.jpg

newenstad
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Weizengold..:beer1:

DreamWalker
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Oh yes. A bit too much perhaps.. :beer1:
Hmmm, a wild woman eh?;)

Blutwolfin has what seems to be a rather festive gathering in her signature pic, perhaps you were at this delightful little soiree'?:viking3:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=110042&postcount=8

:rolleyes: :)

Zyklop
Sunday, July 17th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Milk

Heirs To Perdition
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 06:40 AM
Warsteiner Premium Dunkel :bier: my favorite beer aside from Hobgoblin

Aptrgangr
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 08:42 AM
Tea!
and no niggersweat!

HIM
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 09:04 AM
Jägermeister and Red Bull. Jäger has got to be the best liquor ever! However I would very much like to try Brennivin sometime. :)

Blutwölfin
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 09:18 AM
Do you mix it? :scratch:
By the way: It's ten o'clock in the morning! *lol* Well, just for me, I think.

By the way: Before you call something the "best liquor ever", you should try some "Küstennebel", some Northern German anise liquor looking pale and smokey white just like the fog at the shore (->"Küstennebel"). Great stuff, really. :beer-smil

HIM
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 09:20 AM
Hehe, yes I know. It is 3am here. :)

Sometimes I mix Jäger and Red Bull and sometimes I just drink straight Jäger. I have never heard of Küstennebel. I would very much like to try it, but I'm not sure if they sell it here in America?

Blutwölfin
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 09:30 AM
Probably not, you're right. I just did a Google search and found no online shop who sells it overseas... So you have to wait until you visit Germany one day, I think. ;)

HIM
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 09:37 AM
Probably not, you're right. I just did a Google search and found no online shop who sells it overseas... So you have to wait until you visit Germany one day, I think. ;)

This will be soon as I am coming next summer. I cannot wait!! It has been my dream to come to Germany ever since I was in junior high school. I am so excited!! :)

Death and the Sun
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 03:20 PM
niggersweat

May I ask what this innovative term means actually?

Regarding German liquors, is this drink considered "feminine" in Germany?

http://www.ossiversand.de/images/products/10010460g.jpg

I hope not, because I love this stuff!

Although it is somewhat hard to come by in Finnish bars and the Alko no longer sells it. :mad:

Last night I had a bottle of very nice & cheap German white wine, Rheinhessen Liebfraumilch. :bier:

Jäger isn't that great imo. When it comes to herbal liquors, I prefer the "Hungarian cannonball", Unicum Zwack:

http://www.crillonimporters.com/UnicumZ/graphics/btl-unicum-med.jpg

Or the "black poison", Rigas Balsam:

http://www.strandmus.dk/butik/100_0897-small.jpg

:viking1:

Death and the Sun
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 05:55 PM
This is what I am drinking now:

http://www.tml.tkk.fi/~sayravai/olutopas/beerpix/182.jpg

I haven't had this beer before, not too bad. Perhaps too malty for my taste, with a slightly sharp aftertaste.

A nice beer site I found while looking for a picture of this beer:

http://ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/Beer-Ratings.asp?BeerID=45606

Arcturus
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
I am drinking water, trying to become human again after last nights drinking with the 'boys', a thing I rarely get to do these days. BTW, don't drink 80% spirits, I can't remember what it was but it was Estonian. Like sugared fire, that stuff...

newenstad
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 06:07 PM
Try this one:

http://http://www.stroh.co.uk/

The true spirit :laugh:

Arcturus
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 06:10 PM
Try this one:

I swore off that stuff when I was 18; never again will I endure the taste of Stroh and vomit :D Which, after that episode, are of equal pleasantness. No, it was a clear plastic bottle, and you could see (through the bottle) '80' printed on the backside of the label.

newenstad
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 06:17 PM
don´t drink alcohol from plastic bottles... :annoysigr (:laugh: )

Nordgau
Thursday, July 21st, 2005, 07:32 PM
Regarding German liquors, is this drink considered "feminine" in Germany?

You will hardly experience as much discrimination as we people who order a cup of hot milk with honey instead of beer or whiskey. :P

hauer
Friday, July 22nd, 2005, 01:49 AM
I drink Carlsberg Hof.

HIM
Friday, July 22nd, 2005, 02:18 AM
SLIM FAST - French Vanilla Shake. YUM!

And no I'm not on a diet (although I probably shoule be :P) but I just like the taste of them. They're delicious! :icon12:

SouthernBoy
Friday, July 22nd, 2005, 02:33 AM

And no I'm not on a diet (although I probably shoule be :P) but I just like the taste of them. They're delicious! :icon12:
LOL, those have like three times the calories of regular drinks. :D

KirFrid
Friday, July 22nd, 2005, 02:56 AM
Rickard's Red, and then soon off to a field party:beer1: :beer1:

The Horned God
Friday, July 22nd, 2005, 03:42 AM

I can see the info-mertial now; "Take slimfast as a part of your healty before-bed regime for fast convient Hyper-Nurishment TM! And be ready for whatever sleeping can throw at you! :D

As S-B says, apart from the fact that those things are packed with enough sugar to give diabetes to a fruit bat, they have been designed (as you well know) to have enough calories to keep the average person going for about half a day, without any other food, they are not ment as a tasty bedtime treat. :O :rotfl:

HIM, maybe you have a furnace for a metabolism, and you suffer from "night starvation" like elite body builders get, but otherwise, you ain't doing your insides any favours. :icon_surp

newenstad
Friday, July 22nd, 2005, 06:22 PM
A glass of Weihenstephaner..:beer1:

newenstad
Sunday, July 24th, 2005, 10:59 PM
The last bottle of the Weihenstephaner crate...:beer1:

Arcturus
Sunday, July 24th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Mansion House whisky... only damn thing i have except vodka...

Náttfari
Sunday, July 24th, 2005, 11:08 PM
http://www.a1nutritionproducts.com/graphics/Products/MuscleTech/nitro_tech_4lb.jpg

hauer
Tuesday, July 26th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I'm drinking a Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier.:bier:

Náttfari
Tuesday, July 26th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Is everyone here such an avid drinker? Raise ye hands if ya don't drink alcohol!

HAND!

Skildur
Tuesday, July 26th, 2005, 10:30 PM
I like milk.

Arcturus
Tuesday, July 26th, 2005, 10:33 PM
ALCOHOL?? You're telling me beer and whisky and all the rest contains alcohol!? Oh lord, what have I done...?

Still, gonna finish this Mansion House bottle if it kills me.

Which is what I'm drinking now.

anonymaus
Tuesday, July 26th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Is everyone here such an avid drinker?

Thanks for mentioning that--there is too much blood in my alcohol stream lately.

I am a firm believer in liver exercise, and I'll be working hard at it this weekend I hope.

;)

Death and the Sun
Tuesday, July 26th, 2005, 11:44 PM
I just a glass of nice Australian red wine. So sorry, Náttfari, no hands from me. :redface:

Constantinus
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I have to continue drinking, if I were to sober up the headache would kill me.

hauer
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Has anyone tried to drink 'mjød'. (I think it's called 'mead' ind English.)

Arcturus
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Has anyone tried to drink 'mjød'. (I think it's called 'mead' ind English.)
I make mead once a year, not REAL mead of course but a helluva lot better than the stuff sold as mead in stores. Carbonated water w. E1567347829482...

hauer
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I make mead once a year, not REAL mead of course but a helluva lot better than the stuff sold as mead in stores. Carbonated water w. E1567347829482...

I don't know what 'helluva' means. :confused: But mead get's better with age so you have to mature it for at least six months. Since mead is a honey wine it will never get old, so you could mature it for five years if you want to.

Arcturus
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 02:18 PM
I don't know what 'helluva' means. :confused: But mead get's better with age so you have to mature it for at least six months. Since mead is a honey wine it will never get old, so you could mature it for five years if you want to.
helluva= hell of a

That's what I meant by not drinking real mead. The stuff traditionally made for Vappu (Vappen, Valborg, May Day...) only matures for about a week or so, so it can't really be compared to the original product.

Lundi
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 02:19 PM
I don't know what 'helluva' means. :confused:

"Hell of a" meaning much more :animal-sm

Arcturus, learn to spell :annoysigr

:rofl:

EDIT:

seems I was beaten again by Arcturus :(

Arcturus
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 02:24 PM
EDIT:Arcturus, learn to spell :annoysigr

Hey, at least I dont post l33t (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A787917), j00 fux0red f00. :D

seems I was beaten again by Arcturus :(

Greased lightning, baby :D

Lundi
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 02:27 PM
lol @rcturus u n00b ill PWN j00 nxt tim€ f00 ;)

Constantinus
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 06:16 PM
1 4m t3h k1n9 0f 1337 $p33k suxx0rz

Arcturus
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 06:19 PM
1 4m t3h k1n9 0f 1337 $p33k suxx0rz
That you are, Stan. And you can have it. :D

Back on track:
Drinking water (took a Burana 400 just now), soon blueberry soup. I don't feel too good, I'm either coming down with something or have eaten something that wasn't on the up-and-up..

DreamWalker
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Is everyone here such an avid drinker? Raise ye hands if ya don't drink alcohol!

HAND!
I can give you most of a hand, maybe missing the little finger:redface:

:rolleyes:

A few times a year I will have a glass of German White wine (Blue Nun) with my Shrimp Skampi, and on my birthday I will have a couple of "Screwdrivers" (Vodka and Orange Juice) at the nightklub before reverting back to my usual bottled water:icon_smil

Zyklop
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Bacardi Superior

Blood_Axis
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I'm off for dinner and white wine with my friends ;)

RedJack
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Is everyone here such an avid drinker?

We are Northmen, after all! :bier:

Milesian
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Spring water from the Scottish Highlands

Nordgau
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Vittel.

http://www.frankreich-experte.de/fr/2/02pics/2813pics/vittel.JPG

Nightmare_Gbg
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Coke at the moment (i know it's a jewish company but they where out of pepsi)

Náttfari
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I drink this: http://www.icelandspring.com/

But I get it for free without a trip to the store. :D

Lundi
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Nothing beats tap water :)

Constantinus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Nothing beats tap water :)

I drink it at home too, at work it doesn't taste right (and the boss makes sure the fridge is always filled anyway :D).

Blood_Axis
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Iced coffee. The only thing that wakes me up. :D

Constantinus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Iced coffee. The only thing that wakes me up. :D

Isn't it 14.25 in Athens? :scratch:

Blood_Axis
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Isn't it 14.25 in Athens? :scratch:
Yes it is. I stayed up late last night. :D

Constantinus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Yes it is. I stayed up late last night. :D

Been boozin'?

Blood_Axis
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Been boozin'?
As always :D

Constantinus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 12:35 PM
As always :D

good girl

Death and the Sun
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I'm some 100% awful orange juice from Lidl. But at 0.29eur a liter I can't really complain. :laugh:

newenstad
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Black currant juice with water and ice...

Arcturus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Blueberry soup..

Blood_Axis
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Loads of water, trying to keep myself from being dehydrated from the heat. Summer sucks indeed, especially around the Mediterranean :frown:

Sigel
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Mineral Water. The rain came today and it's cooler.

Arcturus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Coca Cola :guinness:

I know, I know.... I hang my head in shame.

Constantinus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Coca Cola :guinness:

I know, I know.... I hang my head in shame.

jew

Arcturus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 06:58 PM
jew
Say that again and I'll circumsize you... with a spoon.

Constantinus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Say that again and I'll circumsize you... with a spoon.

Big words coming from a jew high on coca cola.

newenstad
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Zipfer Josefi Bock

Arcturus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Big words coming from a jew high on coca cola.
http://albert-heiss.de/arti_pics/H21651.jpg
I tried finding a proper-sized spoon, but lets hope this one isn't too big.

Back on topic: coffee.

Constantinus
Thursday, July 28th, 2005, 08:14 PM
http://albert-heiss.de/arti_pics/H21651.jpg
I tried finding a proper-sized spoon, but lets hope this one isn't too big.

Back on topic: coffee.

Funny man. I see you switched from jewbeverages to turkish beverages. Is this allowed on tNP? :P

RedJack
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 01:33 AM
Coffee is from Turkey? I thought it was from South America? :scratch:

Constantinus
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 07:23 AM

that's cacao (cocoa)

Arcturus
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 07:36 AM
http://www.koffeekorner.com/koffeehistory.htm

Everyone and everything seems to be from Africa.

Blutwölfin
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 09:15 AM
kaltes klares Wasser, to quote the Chicks on Speed :D

newenstad
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Aspro flavoured water...

Blutwölfin
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Headache? :hug:

newenstad
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Headache?

I don´t even know where my head is...

Blood_Axis
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I don´t even know where my head is...
LOL. Hangover? Try Oral Rehydration Salts, that should take care of the dehydration and should make you feel better. Always works for me :D

Death and the Sun
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM
LOL. Hangover? Try Oral Rehydration Salts, that should take care of the dehydration and should make you feel better. Always works for me :D

Damn, this reminds me: I think we need a hangover cure thread!

I know that exactly a week from tomorrow I'll be in dire need of some advice. :D

:beer1: :beer1: :guinness:

Arcturus
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Damn, this reminds me: I think we need a hangover cure thread!

I know that exactly a week from tomorrow I'll be in dire need of some advice. :D

:beer1: :beer1: :guinness:
I was thinking the exact same thing about a week back, following a friend's 29th birthday...:beer-smil

Heirs To Perdition
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Water.....had the worst hangover yesterday ever. i'll be looking out for that hangover cure thread

White Iceland
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I finally decided to slip over here and contribute my powerful drinking knowledge after reading the new Hangover thread. I don't drink much other than coffee, water and Mix (an Icelandic soft drink, sort of like a sickening sweet pineapply Mt. Dew) these days, but I keep a bottle of Southern Comfort and a few Víking lagers around just in case.

I would like to tell you of the more dangerous and scary drinking habits I've had over the years. Matter of fact, just yesterday I was telling my wife about a scary mixed drink that would trash people into oblivion.

Start with Absinthe... I think most of the Czech brands taste a lot like rubbing alcohol, but there is a Spanish "Absente" which is pretty good. Can't get absinthe? No problem... make your own dangerous "bathtub gin" version:

Get your hands on the strongest clean alcohol you can (190 proof excellent, not less than 150 proof). Acquire dried wormwood from your local herbalist (unfortunately illegal for import to Iceland). Soak about three fists full of wormwood to each litre of the strong stuff for about 3 days. Strain the alcohol off through a very fine screen (cheesecloth even better). Mix 1 part of this scary, hazy green elixir to 1 part 80 proof anisette and 1 part 40 proof anisette...

Do the math, 190+80+40=310/3= 103.3333333333forever proof. Perfect cosmic numerology! If you had to use weaker strong stuff to steep the wormwood, you should try to bump the proof of your final blend by using 2 parts 80 proof anisette... the reason the 190+80+40 is preferable is that it comes out cleaner and less bitter. The 40 proof anisette is usually thicker flavoured and so helps cover the earwax taste of the wormwood. A 150+80+80 tastes a bit more earthy and herbal, though I have heard from some Jagermeister fans that this was up their alley.

Pour a triple shot, dampen a spoonful of sugar with it and set the spoon on fire. Slowly drip the melting sugar into the glass until the flame burns low. Try not to set the whole glass alight until the last moment, when you will stir in the remaining sugar, blow out the glass and take it all in one swig.

I did this several times a week for about a year and a half and think there are wormholes in my brain as a result. I had been steadily drinking assorted liquor and beer like mad for years and never felt the damage like an absinthe binge brought on... except maybe from the wine containing a dead cobra that a friend brought me from Viet Nam once.

If anyone needed to up the ante, I have thought it might be reasonable to add a shot of cough syrup containing DM (dextromethoraphan hydrobromide) as the only active ingredient and a couple tablespoons of stomach remedy containing camphor and capsicum...

I guess you might as well just brew up a hot cup of mushroom tea...

Arcturus
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Absinthe... never, ever, ever again. The smell is enough to make my stomach heave..:suomut: :D

HIM
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I've never had Absinthe, but I've always wanted to try it. I believe that Ernest Hemingway used to drink it quite often.

Anyone ever heard of Ayahuasca tea? :D

Blood_Axis
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Absinthe... never, ever, ever again. The smell is enough to make my stomach heave..:suomut: :D
That's my favorite drink ;)

http://www.marimayans.com/graphics/gallery/fairy03.jpg

I am the Green Fairy! :D

Blood_Axis
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Metaxa - the Greek Spirit :speechles :P
Woohooo, brave girl! I don't even go near that stuff :D

anonymaus
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I am the Green Fairy! :D

:clap0000:

Arcturus
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 05:56 PM
:clap0000:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT? I never said that, Blaxis did! :D

anonymaus
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 06:01 PM
:dork0000:

RedJack
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Prolonged or excessive use can lead to madness. ;)

Blood_Axis
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Prolonged or excessive use can lead to madness. ;)
..let me be mad, mad with the madness of absinthe... :D

http://www.drugwar.com/images/painting_absinthe_maignan.jpg

anonymaus
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 07:44 PM
The cheap green colouring agent used in the renaissance was responsible for the (clinical) madness many fans of the fairy experienced. Copper Oxide is not good for you :P

Blood_Axis
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 07:54 PM
The cheap green colouring agent used in the renaissance was responsible for the (clinical) madness many fans of the fairy experienced. Copper Oxide is not good for you :P
So, that figures...and the doctors had been searching for so long to find out what's wrong with me :D

DreamWalker
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 08:11 PM
..let me be mad, mad with the madness of absinthe... :D

http://www.drugwar.com/images/painting_absinthe_maignan.jpg
Does not look like a very healthy habit:speechles

:rolleyes:

White Iceland
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Here's the last real distilled stuff I had... picked up in Slovakia. A couple of shots of this one made me irritable and moody.

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/i/9/5/6/absinthe.jpg

Blutwölfin
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Water, cold, ice cold, with black currants juice - it has still 28 °C and it's already midnight! *sigh*

Loki
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Water, cold, ice cold, with black currants juice - it has still 28 °C and it's already midnight! *sigh*

I love cold water, or water with ice. :) Along with a strong double espresso... nothing better to cheer you up! ;)

newenstad
Friday, July 29th, 2005, 11:19 PM
A bottle Steinfeder...

(just back from swimming :white_gb: )

@Blutwölfin: 28,7° und 71% Luftfeuchtigkeit....

János Hunyadi
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 03:32 AM
I've never had Absinthe, but I've always wanted to try it. I believe that Ernest Hemingway used to drink it quite often.

Isn't it illegal in America? :icon1:

I've never once seen it at any liqour store ever! :frown:

I never heard of the stuff until I saw "Euro Trip" two years ago.

HIM
Saturday, July 30th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Isn't it illegal in America? :icon1:

I've never once seen it at any liqour store ever! :frown:

I never heard of the stuff until I saw "Euro Trip" two years ago.

It is illegal to sell in America, but it is not illegal to have in America. You can buy it online and have it shipped here. Some countries regulate the amount of thujone you can have in the Absinthe so some kinds are illegal in some places. But America does not have this regulation. You can buy whatever you like. :)

newenstad
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 12:39 AM
Green Tea with Ice..

Constantinus
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 01:57 PM
Spa

Constantinus
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 01:57 PM
Spa

Blood_Axis
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 02:40 PM
Mineral water :)

Blood_Axis
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 02:40 PM
Mineral water :)

Zyklop
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 03:05 PM
Spezi

newenstad
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 11:13 PM
Kaiserspritzer (White wine with water and elderberry juice)

newenstad
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 11:13 PM
Kaiserspritzer (White wine with water and elderberry juice)

Arcturus
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 11:14 PM
Whisky-Cola (not Coca)

Arcturus
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 11:14 PM
Whisky-Cola (not Coca)

Náttfari
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 11:23 PM
Well, the occasion (verzlunarmannahelgin) calls for Egils malt og appelsín. :)

Náttfari
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 11:23 PM
Well, the occasion (verzlunarmannahelgin) calls for Egils malt og appelsín. :)

Joermungand
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 11:34 PM
line aquavit

Joermungand
Monday, August 1st, 2005, 11:34 PM
line aquavit

Krissi
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005, 12:17 AM
I'm drinking Pepsi... with 2 ice cubes :)

Krissi
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005, 12:17 AM
I'm drinking Pepsi... with 2 ice cubes :)

TisaAnne
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005, 12:52 AM
a homemade Orange Julius... and it's divine! :P

TisaAnne
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2005, 12:52 AM
a homemade Orange Julius... and it's divine! :P

newenstad
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Pint of "Piestinger Lager Bier"

Arcturus
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Whisky... same Manor House bottle as before... the thing is bottomless!

newenstad
Friday, August 5th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Red grape juice with water

Arcturus
Friday, August 5th, 2005, 11:49 PM
The whisky bottle has met its demise.

It was a worthy opponent, and I salute it.

Nordgau
Saturday, August 6th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Volvic mineral water with citron flavour. I poured half of the bottle into the sink. Awfully sour stuff. :redface: Good that I only bought one 0.5 l bottle, and not a whole box.

http://www.was-wer-wo.de/drinkservice/drbild/3710.jpg

János Hunyadi
Saturday, August 6th, 2005, 07:32 AM
I'm crashing at a friend's house for the weekend. My friend went to bed early since he has to work a morning shift tomarrow. I stole a couple of Heinekens from their fridge. I hope his parents don't notice!! :beer1:

http://jeremy.zawodny.com/images/heineken.jpg

Blood_Axis
Saturday, August 6th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Iced coffee. Trying to get over last night's hangover and gather some strength to go to the gym :D

newenstad
Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 01:15 AM
The last beer...(for today):beer1:

lei.talk
Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Trying to get over last night's hangover...
LOL. Hangover?

Try Oral Rehydration Salts...Always works for me :Ddid the local pharmacy not stock enough for your visit?

Fox
Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Guinness and wow am i feeling it....time to make some phone calls :guinness:

Arcturus
Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Morning coffee.... at 14.29....:laugh:

Arcturus
Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Drinking a
http://www.beerguide.ee/koff3_1.gif
while watching Metallica : Some Kind of Monster

The Horned God
Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Guinness and wow am i feeling it....time to make some phone calls :guinness:

Oh...No, resist it! Oops, 16 hours ago too late...

As for me, I'm washing down my grass-fed Irish steak with half a bottle of a run of the mill Chiliean Cab Sav.

Opinions please!; Is their any point, from a Nordish preservationist piont of view, in buying say, South-African or German or Australian wine instead of South-American or does the wine trade only benifit huge multi-nationals anyway?
And If there is a diffrence which brand would people here recomend?