PDA

View Full Version : Women Continuing Her Pregnancy?

Hanna
Saturday, July 26th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Do you think its rather unfair if the father say no and the woman still continuing her pregnancy? The problem is the men still responsible for his share at any coast if the woman would have abortions or to keep the child until he/she is 18-years of age. So ultimately women can make a decision which has a huge impact on him financially for 18years. So guys please watch out, what you have to say on this?

Ĉmeric
Saturday, July 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM
If a child is born out of wedlock, I don't believe the father should have any rights or responsibilities. When it comes to terminating the pregnancy or carrying it to fullterm, it is what the mother wants that matters. If women are suppose to bew the masters of their own bodies, then they should accept responsibility for their actions. In the US, fathers of illegitimate children have few rights regarding custody but are expected to provide financial support. The one circumstance when the paternal rights do matter is in regard to the child being put up for adoption. It is usually required, if the father is know, for him to waive his parental rights for a child to be legally adopted. There have been cases were adoptions have been declared null & void because the father has shown up & sues for custody of his child.

Btw, I don't think it is right for taxpayers to have to assume financial responsibility for illegitimate children. If a woman is having children without a husband or the means to support them, then I think sterilization should be the condition for any assistance.

The problems we have in the US that many women cannot handle the sexual freedoms they gained from legalized abortion, no-fault divorce, easier access to contraception & most importantly our transition into a society were we are not suppose to make judgements about other's sexual conduct. Women who use to have several sexual partners & one-night-stands use to be called tramps or sluts. Now this kind of behavior is projected by pop-culture has being the norm for the girl-next-door. Too many women take their cue on what is socially acceptable from their favorite television programs - a sort of monkey-see, monkey-do mentality.

Aptrgangr
Saturday, July 26th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Do you think its rather unfair if the father say no and the woman still continuing her pregnancy?
No. But it would be unfair for the baby to be aborted just because the father is a selfish and irresponsible moron.

The problem is the men still responsible for his share at any coast if the woman would have abortions or to keep the child until he/she is 18-years of age. So ultimately women can make a decision which has a huge impact on him financially for 18years. So guys please watch out, what you have to say on this?

Men have to pay aliments in any case of course.

Hanna
Saturday, July 26th, 2008, 09:35 PM
No. But it would be unfair for the baby to be aborted just because the father is a selfish and irresponsible moron.

Men have to pay aliments in any case of course.

It take two to tango!:D

SwordOfTheVistula
Sunday, July 27th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I think either parent should have a veto over childbirth. It's not fair to the child to be born without having 2 parents that want and can care for the child.

Crimson Guard
Sunday, July 27th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Under normal situations and relationships, I think the decision should be mutually agreed upon. The female is the one obviously that has to go the distance and through labor and such. Personally I wouldnt want to have children until I am happily married.

Thrymheim
Sunday, July 27th, 2008, 03:16 PM
One other point I would like to make is that an abortion is an operation, it is conducted as a day case under general anaesthetic and does therefore have a whole host of possible complications including making the woman unable to conceive, only she runs that risk not him.

It wouldn't matter if he did have a veto in law after all, all she has to do is "not notice" that she's pregnant until after the cut off date.

And I disagree with the sentiment that women should only sleep with one person and only in wedlock. It is just as much the fault of the male partner that she gets pregnant as it is hers, obviously even with the best of precautions it can happen but such cases are rare. Otherwise most women my age would have several illegitimate children!

So I think that although she should take into account his wishes it is still her final decision, also if she said yes and he said no to the child, what would you do? Lock her up and conduct the operation without her consent?

Hanna
Sunday, July 27th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Lock her up and conduct the operation without her consent?

Well since the man obviously couldn't carry the fetus so its not his decision to make, that's it.

:D

Aptrgangr
Sunday, July 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM
It take two to tango!:D

Of course, I never said otherwise - still it is women copying blindly bad male habits and naming it "sexual liberation".

CrystalRose
Sunday, July 27th, 2008, 04:49 PM
It takes two to conceive therefore the two are responsible. Regardless if you're married, single, swinger, etc. If you, man or woman.. don't want a child it is your responsibility to prevent pregnancy at any cost whether it's birth control, condoms as a 'back-up', 'pulling out'..:censored: Do them! Spay or neuter, control the pet population ;) I find the best way to figure out which is best for you is to have open communication and discuss whether or not you would be willing to take on the responsibility of having a child and then go from there.. taking the necessary precautions.
Also, is it fair for a women who because of religious reasons/morals doesn't want to have an abortion or happens to get pregnant by a dead beat father to take on the financial burden all by herself?
So, two are responsible. I think it's rare that a women rapes a man to impregnate herself. Sorry guys I don't feel sorry for you.

CrystalRose
Sunday, July 27th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Of course, I never said otherwise - still it is women copying blindly bad male habits and naming it "sexual liberation".

So instead of casual sex women should use their sexual power to manipulate men? I say this because I'm confused. I hear men say that women should be more "open" with their sexuality instead of holding it over the mans head as if it were a dog treat. And then I hear women who actually do hold back sex if their partner doesn't jump when they say jump. And when women are sexually open they're considered to be slutty. This belongs in another thread I suppose. It's also 9am and i haven't went to bed yet. :puppyeyes:victory0::fbye:

Aptrgangr
Sunday, July 27th, 2008, 05:22 PM
So instead of casual sex women should use their sexual power to manipulate men?
Manipulate? Well from what I know women are no way es attracted to men tahn men to women - usually both want more than holding hands.
What I mean is today many girls are educated to be "to get free whores" and told this was the ultimate freedom when in fact this degrades them.

I say this because I'm confused. I hear men say that women should be more "open" with their sexuality instead of holding it over the mans head as if it were a dog treat.
Well, they should preserve themselves for a real relationship. This counts for both.

And then I hear women who actually do hold back sex if their partner doesn't jump when they say jump. And when women are sexually open they're considered to be slutty. This belongs in another thread I suppose. It's also 9am and i haven't went to bed yet. :puppyeyes:victory0::fbye:
No man considers his girlfriend to be slutty if she wants sex. Slutty is to sleep around and call this freedom.

SouthernBoy
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Do you think its rather unfair if the father say no and the woman still continuing her pregnancy? Neither parent should "say no." A pregnancy is a human-being.

What should a mother say to a father that chose to "say no" to an older child? What is fundamentally different about killing a person that is in the first trimester of their development and one that is in sixteenth year of their development?
So guys please watch out, what you have to say on this? Count me amongst those angered that their woman would not continue her pregnancy. The notion that a woman would seek to kill my off-spring is deeply disturbing.

CrystalRose
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 03:20 AM
What if a woman is raped, should she still keep the baby?

SouthernBoy
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 03:38 AM
What if a woman is raped, should she still keep the baby? Do you mean "keep" as in "not kill?"

CrystalRose
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Yes, birth, keep. Or would you rather her put the baby up for adoption in such a case?

SouthernBoy
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Or would you rather her put the baby up for adoption in such a case? Yes, provided she did not want to raise her child. :)

CrystalRose
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I wouldn't give the man the satisfaction. I'd abort. Have a DNA test done and hunt him down. :)

SouthernBoy
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 04:38 AM
I wouldn't give the man the satisfaction. I'd abort. Have a DNA test done and hunt him down. :)There is a lot that passes for "rape" these days. Would you kill your child by your boy-friend or husband if he "raped" you?

Suffice it to say "two wrongs to do make a right." Killing an innocent third-party may make you feel better, but it does nothing to further the cause of justice.

EDIT: In hindsight, I felt the dependent-clause of my final sentence was better phrased "...but it does nothing to further the cause of justice" than "...but it would not further the cause of justice." :)

CrystalRose
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008, 04:56 AM
There is a lot that passes for "rape" these days. Would you kill your child by your boy-friend or husband if he "raped" you?

Suffice it to say "two wrongs to do make a right." Killing an innocent third-party may make you feel better, but it would not further the cause of justice.

Lets hope that a boyfriend or husband wouldn't force himself on his woman, respecting her wishes. As for me I would never put myself in that situation. If he knows what's best for him he wouldn't dare. :D:p

And bringing a baby into this world out of evil doesn't seem right to me either...