PDA

View Full Version : Germanic Role Models

Timberwolf
Thursday, July 24th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I have two little sisters and I worry about the kind questionable "role-models" they see watching the Disney Channel and various other garbage media. Their parents are die-hard Christians who are not ethnically conscious at all (they consider themselves just as Americans, not German-Americans) and the only figures they consider respectable are Jews in the Bible. As my sisters grow up I'd like to introduce them to great figures in Germanic history that were good, moral people who did great things for our people. I know of a few already like Arminius, Hans Rudel, and Louise Amalie but I'm sure someone on here can direct me to some others.

Mrs. Lyfing
Friday, July 25th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I just wanted to say today while my kids were watching a movie on the Disney channel, I noticed one of the characters was a lady who was heavy and she had enormous breasts :confused: wearing a low cut front dress? I really couldn't believe it. This thread just made me think of that.

Timberwolf
Friday, July 25th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I'm sure not everyone on here believes in or cares about the Jewish involvement in the media but the Robert Iger owned Disney Channel is one of the biggest promoters of the one world, egalitarian, multi-cultural nightmare. I really have to bite my tongue hard when I see my sisters with the Jew Zac Efron on their backpacks, or barbie dolls of the asian/mixed Vanessa Hudgens, or the Jew Ashley Tisdale on their toothbrushes. The latest fad is Camp Rock featuring the hispanic/mixed Demi Lovato and the Jonas brothers, who don't look Germanic at all to me. The problem I have with all of this is it has usurped their true culture and replaced the figures they can have an ancestral connection to. And I must warn all you parents out there to stay away from the filth that is Hairspray, another recent favorite of my sisters.

Psychonaut
Friday, July 25th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Nowadays, I can think of few historical Germanics more worthy of admiration than Charles Martel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Martel); most of the Founding Fathers would fall into this group as well, but in today's world, that's less likely to garner the attention of our children than a more contemporary figure. I'm, sadly, actually having a hard time thinking of many who aren't part of some off beat countercultural movement (Neofolk, Asatru, etc.) that would also make them less appealing to kids.

SwordOfTheVistula
Friday, July 25th, 2008, 09:25 AM
The older Disney stuff is pretty good

Timberwolf
Friday, July 25th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Agreed. Everything that Walt actually had a say in was awesome.

MockTurtle
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 05:40 AM
Agreed. Everything that Walt actually had a say in was awesome.

Of course.

I can think of very few films that are as pro-Nordish as 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'. :)

Iron Struggle
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 06:22 AM
Do they have to be fully Germanic?`Female role models aren't my expertise but maybe you should try Shirley Temple movies. I know Amelia Earhardt sends a bit of a feminist message but if that doesn't bother you girls admire her.

I'd recommend getting them to stop watching the crap box immediately and give them books. Restrict them to the history and discovery channel and give them unlimited movies from netflix. There are hundreds of family movies and you can screen them all. Spend time with them. Offer to play board games, take them places and enroll them in sports.

I just wanted to say today while my kids were watching a movie on the Disney channel, I noticed one of the characters was a lady who was heavy and she had enormous breasts :confused: wearing a low cut front dress? I really couldn't believe it.

Someone on another forum pointed out that on the show Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus's character was interested in a negro. Nothing makes me more upset than the promotion of a black/non-white love interest for an Aryan. :mad:

SwordOfTheVistula
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 06:34 AM
What age are they?

Grimm's fairy tales are good

Oswiu
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Mythology is the best stuff for reading matter. It's free for the most part from interference from Multikult corruption, as the main stress in publishing it is always to make it as close to the original as possible, and there's just SO much of it, that you can while away a whole childhood if you collect enough books on it. Restricting it to Germanic would limit this, so I recommend collecting as much European stuff as you can, and expanding to folklore in general - the same basic themes and messages are there, and if you're lucky, the young reader will begin to construct an image of what 'European' is in their head, and how it differs from other parts of the world. There's a lot of chaff to be separated from the wheat when it comes to the 'Celtic' side of things, so have an eye for tell-tale New Age bullshit when looking for books!

Timberwolf
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 03:42 PM
Do they have to be fully Germanic?`Female role models aren't my expertise but maybe you should try Shirley Temple movies.

Yea, I've tried to get my youngest sister to watch Heidi but she isn't as interested in it as High School Musical and Hairspray because they like the singing and dancing of those films. I know a few of the Shirley Temple films have singing/dancing in them so maybe I'll give those a try.

I'd recommend getting them to stop watching the crap box immediately and give them books. Restrict them to the history and discovery channel and give them unlimited movies from netflix. There are hundreds of family movies and you can screen them all. Spend time with them. Offer to play board games, take them places and enroll them in sports.

I'd love to take a sledge to the poison box that is the TV, but unfortunately they are not my children and I only have so much so say in their lives. Their parents are brainwashed lemming Christians who have no conception of pride in heritage or race. They consider themselves just "American", and yesterday my mother said, "the Germans persecuted white people", and when I said, "the Jews aren't white", she said, "yes they are, they look white to me, Anne Frank looked white". I'd love to press the issue further but I'm living at home for the time being and until I move out I have to bite my tongue. Though your other suggestions were good, I'd be weary about The History Channel which might as well be called The Hitler Channel. Most of the shows I've seen on it paint the Germans as the most evil regime in the history of the planet. My sisters don't know about WW2 yet and when the Catholic school they go to begins to lament about the poor Jews hopefully I'll be able to counter that with some hard facts.

Someone on another forum pointed out that on the show Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus's character was interested in a negro. Nothing makes me more upset than the promotion of a black/non-white love interest for an Aryan. :mad:

Surprisingly, they only did this once on the show and it was with the High School Musical star, Corbin Bleu, who is Halfrican American. The only positive I see in this is that I grew up with this kind of filth and I turned out to be very conscious of my heritage and proud of it. So maybe when they are adults, and with proper guidance, I can lead them to become ethnically proud and loyal as well, and when I say, "the tv promotes miscegenation, and homosexuality, and other perversions", they won't think I'm just making it up because they will recall all the shows they've seen. Most likely though, the damage will be done and they will brush me off as "racist" or some other meaningless System word.

What age are they?Grimm's fairy tales are good

The oldest is seven and the youngest is five. I'm looking for a good collection of the Grimm stories. Any suggestions?

Flash Voyager
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 03:53 PM
Replace the television with reading material.

ladybright
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 04:21 PM
Shirley Temple, Heidi, Pippi Longstocking.:D Depending on age. Amelia Earhardt is a good role model. Mythology and science both have lots of Germanic role models. Leif Landed first;). For girls the American Girls stories are good. Kirsten is a Swedish immigrant. Little House on the Prairie is good for a large age spectrum. I liked Nancy Drew as well.

Oswiu
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 05:01 PM
Don't forget Anne of Green Gables!

Timberwolf
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 05:25 PM
Replace the television with reading material.

Like I said, I have limited control. If their mother sits them down in front of the tv to watch it or if they ask to watch it I can't say, "no, you're going to read instead". I'm their brother, not their parent so the best I could do is add a better alternative to tv when they are bored with it.

Plushtar
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Here is a nice story about Redbad of Frisia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radbod%2C_King_of_the_Frisians#Relation_ with_the_Church

If other warriors had followed his example the Northern Folk wouldn't be plagued by this Semetic plague.

Oswiu
Thursday, July 31st, 2008, 06:08 PM
Like I said, I have limited control. If their mother sits them down in front of the tv to watch it or if they ask to watch it I can't say, "no, you're going to read instead". I'm their brother, not their parent so the best I could do is add a better alternative to tv when they are bored with it.

Right, just make sure you talk with them, lead them through how you reached your conclusions, don't offer it to them ready made, use humour to get it across. Above all, don't force it down their throats, or you'll get entirely the wrong reaction. Just play with them and be there so that you are an important person in their life and so that some of your attitudes might hopefully rub off on them. Encourage cynicism as a vital weapon to deal with what the wider world will throw at them through the telly, school and peers. Wait till later on before you start really going into what you think. Make sure that they are at least aware that our world wasn't always like this, and things could have been different.

Rogue
Thursday, October 14th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I suppose your sisters are "tweens" if they are watching Disney, so the Poetic Eddas and such is too deep right now.
Is there a local chapter of the Liederkrantz near you.
In Pa. there are several chapters that celebrate our heritage. They should have listings of local and foreign Germans that are successful and held in high regard.
They might even offer classes in German folk art, dance, and cooking as well as speaking German.

Just my two cents,

Rogue